Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,751 members, 7,813,472 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

Bayelsa Poll: I Would Have Relocated My Mother To Abuja If Diri Had Lost – GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Poll: I Would Have Relocated My Mother To Abuja If Diri Had Lost – GEJ (36113 Views)

Banditry: Northern Groups Threaten Shutdown Of 6 States & Abuja If Nigerian .... / Why APC Can’t Take Part In Fresh Bayelsa Poll - Lawyer / Sule Lamido: Jonathan Compromised Bayelsa Poll To Avoid Malabu Oil Scam Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa Poll: I Would Have Relocated My Mother To Abuja If Diri Had Lost – GEJ by Islie: 7:36pm On Nov 17, 2023
Bayelsa Poll: I Would Have Relocated My Mother To Abuja If Diri Had Lost – Jonathan

Jonathan, who is a former governor of the oil-rich state, spoke on Friday when he visited Diri in Yenagoa, the Bayelsa State capital, almost one week after the governor stormed to victory in a keenly contested poll.

Former President Goodluck Jonathan has hailed Governor Douye Diri’s efforts at tackling insecurity, saying the Bayelsa leader’s re-election means the state would be a lot safer.

Jonathan, who is a former governor of the oil-rich state, spoke on Friday when he visited Diri in Yenagoa, the Bayelsa State capital, almost one week after the governor stormed to victory in a keenly contested poll.

While congratulating Diri for winning the exercise, the former president said if Douye had lost, the gains made in curbing insecurity would have been lost.

“We don’t want to go into unnecessary crisis in the state. Results have been declared and we believe the election was conducted. We believe the governor won the election and we plead that people should accept it and work with the governor. Let all of us support him so that the state will move ahead,” he said during the gathering.

There should be nothing that will push the state backward. We should think about the development of the state starting from the issue of peace and security in the state which within this last period, three years plus, there are significant improvements in terms of cultism and kidnapping and so on and so forth.

“I was saying before this election that if Diri loses this election, I would have relocated my mother to Abuja.”

While recounting how his cousin was kidnapped and killed, Jonathan expressed optimism that with Diri returning as the governor of the state, the situation would soon be a thing of the past.

My cousin was kidnapped two times on one of those occasions, one of my cousins, Solo, was killed because they threw him into the river and he didn’t know how to swim,” he added.

“So, we’ve passed through hell in this state and we’ve seen a little light at the end of the tunnel. So, people should calm down, and allow Diri to focus on governance so that he will be able to propel this state forward so that we will benefit as citizens of the state.”

Diri had earlier in the day received his certificate of return from the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for a second term in office. He will be sworn in for another four-year tenure next year.

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/11/17/bayelsa-poll-i-would-have-relocated-my-mother-to-abuja-if-diri-had-lost-jonathan/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Poll: I Would Have Relocated My Mother To Abuja If Diri Had Lost – GEJ by God1000(m): 7:39pm On Nov 17, 2023
I voted for you in 2011 sir, Nigeria wasn't this bad then.

Buhari and Tinubu have ruined everything

206 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Poll: I Would Have Relocated My Mother To Abuja If Diri Had Lost – GEJ by illicit(m): 7:40pm On Nov 17, 2023
Well....
Re: Bayelsa Poll: I Would Have Relocated My Mother To Abuja If Diri Had Lost – GEJ by slivertongue: 7:44pm On Nov 17, 2023
Gej just said bayelsa would have turned to Gaza strip as Hamas would have taken over the state. APC na naija version of Hamas

145 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Poll: I Would Have Relocated My Mother To Abuja If Diri Had Lost – GEJ by madridguy(m): 7:46pm On Nov 17, 2023
A state with population less than 2.5 million people complaining about insecurity grin Where is the allocation going into?

Naija na cruise I swear.

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Poll: I Would Have Relocated My Mother To Abuja If Diri Had Lost – GEJ by Vinnie2000(m): 7:46pm On Nov 17, 2023
This Man that MISREPRESENTED South south, Bayelsa and Ijaw Pple, as President. sad sad

No wonder he lost his Polling Unit to PETER OBI/Labour Party in the presidential polls. undecided

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Poll: I Would Have Relocated My Mother To Abuja If Diri Had Lost – GEJ by LeoDeKing: 7:53pm On Nov 17, 2023
Goodluck Jonathan is a good man with very free mind. His mind is so free that he now hates the headless mobs who now engage in cannibalism because he lost re-election.

The way the barbarians now insult every body for "betraying gej" these days is even irritating to gej himself. As it is now, gej now see them as the major reason behind his failure in that presidential election.

He so hate them that he now openly identifies with the same man whose name sends shivers down their useless spines.

Very funny pipu. grin

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Poll: I Would Have Relocated My Mother To Abuja If Diri Had Lost – GEJ by Fasindo: 8:07pm On Nov 17, 2023
shocked

Congratulations Bayelsans

Is GEJ subtly saying that APC is synonymous to insecurity, because apart from PDP the only party that could have captured Balyesa with their snatch it's, grab it and run away mantra is APC.

There is no week that will pass without hearing one form of security threat in key APC states like:
Benue, Plateau, Borno, Kogi, Imo,Ogun, Lagos, Kaduna, Yobe, Ondo etc
Even Abuja where the snatch it, grab it and run away master is sitting is not spared.

When ever US issues a travel ban, check most of the state are always governed by APC.
90% are always APC states.

Congratulations to Bayelsan from freeing from APC insecurity issue.
I only pity Kano that they have grabbed, snatched and added to their insecurity worsening State.

Once I again, I Congratulate the good people of Bayelsa.
Imo people should just pray for the next for years to come fast.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Poll: I Would Have Relocated My Mother To Abuja If Diri Had Lost – GEJ by Isobug: 8:12pm On Nov 17, 2023
Fasindo:
shocked

Is GEJ subtly saying that APC is synonymous to insecurity, because part from PDP the only party that could capture the state with their snatch it's, grab it and run away mantra is APC.

There is no week that will pass without hearing one form of security
Exactly.......Let he who has ears hear it

8 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Poll: I Would Have Relocated My Mother To Abuja If Diri Had Lost – GEJ by Penguin2: 8:14pm On Nov 17, 2023
When Obasanjo called Jonathan “clueless”, I thought he was being harsh on him.

But over the years, Jonathan has proven that he’s not just clueless, he’s a daft.

That Nigeria is where she is today is because of the man’s stupidity.

A sitting president allowed himself to be bullied out of power and became a confusionist since then.

Never blows hot.

Never blows cold.

Just there.

That’s why as an ex president he doesn’t have the loyalty of anyone.

Foolish man!

Don’t be like Jonathan.

57 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Poll: I Would Have Relocated My Mother To Abuja If Diri Had Lost – GEJ by BobbieZion(m): 8:15pm On Nov 17, 2023
God1000:

Buhari and Tinubu indeed.......

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Poll: I Would Have Relocated My Mother To Abuja If Diri Had Lost – GEJ by ATEAMS: 8:15pm On Nov 17, 2023
Ooomoh
Re: Bayelsa Poll: I Would Have Relocated My Mother To Abuja If Diri Had Lost – GEJ by Dexy4yah(m): 8:15pm On Nov 17, 2023
Anytime i see Jonathan, he brings back the memory of how he accepted unmerited defeat and allowed that dullard to take over power.

He's one of the people that put Nigeria in the mess she is today

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Poll: I Would Have Relocated My Mother To Abuja If Diri Had Lost – GEJ by phemmie06(m): 8:15pm On Nov 17, 2023
Ibo là tún jásí boda Jona? Untill supreme court appoint a governor of their choice no one should be celebrating yet

5 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Poll: I Would Have Relocated My Mother To Abuja If Diri Had Lost – GEJ by doggedfighter(f): 8:16pm On Nov 17, 2023
Jonathan neither here nor there !

11 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Poll: I Would Have Relocated My Mother To Abuja If Diri Had Lost – GEJ by tiswell(m): 8:16pm On Nov 17, 2023
Best president we'll ever have I Nigerian

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Poll: I Would Have Relocated My Mother To Abuja If Diri Had Lost – GEJ by Nahunger(m): 8:16pm On Nov 17, 2023
grin
Baba but why na!!
Re: Bayelsa Poll: I Would Have Relocated My Mother To Abuja If Diri Had Lost – GEJ by callmevirus(m): 8:16pm On Nov 17, 2023
Nothing concern me but E dey mind
Re: Bayelsa Poll: I Would Have Relocated My Mother To Abuja If Diri Had Lost – GEJ by Boyooosa(m): 8:17pm On Nov 17, 2023
Why
Re: Bayelsa Poll: I Would Have Relocated My Mother To Abuja If Diri Had Lost – GEJ by fergieboy: 8:17pm On Nov 17, 2023
Re: Bayelsa Poll: I Would Have Relocated My Mother To Abuja If Diri Had Lost – GEJ by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 17, 2023
madridguy:
A state with population less than 2.5 million people complaining about insecurity grin Where is the allocation going into?

Naija na cruise I swear.

That is a question nobody is willing to answer, that allocation is enough to make that state a paradise, same goes for most states in Nigeria.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Poll: I Would Have Relocated My Mother To Abuja If Diri Had Lost – GEJ by fergieboy: 8:17pm On Nov 17, 2023
God1000:

Good luck Jonathan is to be blame for all what’s happening in Nigeria

Never give power to a weak man
Now criminals have snatched power from him and holding the country hostage

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Poll: I Would Have Relocated My Mother To Abuja If Diri Had Lost – GEJ by tafat: 8:18pm On Nov 17, 2023
Hmmm, that's all I can say on this matter.
Re: Bayelsa Poll: I Would Have Relocated My Mother To Abuja If Diri Had Lost – GEJ by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 17, 2023
Nigeria is finished,fia
Re: Bayelsa Poll: I Would Have Relocated My Mother To Abuja If Diri Had Lost – GEJ by adesegun121(m): 8:21pm On Nov 17, 2023
Ok
Re: Bayelsa Poll: I Would Have Relocated My Mother To Abuja If Diri Had Lost – GEJ by OBIDIENTNAIJA: 8:22pm On Nov 17, 2023
Okay
Re: Bayelsa Poll: I Would Have Relocated My Mother To Abuja If Diri Had Lost – GEJ by Woodshot: 8:23pm On Nov 17, 2023
Imagine what a former president is blabbering about ...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Poll: I Would Have Relocated My Mother To Abuja If Diri Had Lost – GEJ by Ten06(m): 8:24pm On Nov 17, 2023
This man is bringing himself too low.
This is politics taken too far.

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Florence Ita Giwa Celebrates Her 74th Birthday Today / Obasanjo Dumps Politics For Evangelism, Organizes Nationwide Crusades / Buhari Approved The Release Of National Stadium, Surulere To Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.