Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,370 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria (34967 Views)

President Tinubu Receives Mr. Sunil Bharti Mittal, Global Chairman, Airtel / Fg’s N701bn Bailout In Jeopardy As Discos Remit 25.5% / Budgit Exposes 17 States Owing Salaries, Pensions Despite N1.8trillion Bailout (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by sulaak(m): 11:32pm On Nov 21, 2023
forgiveness:
Fear Nigerians. It was Nigerians that negotiated this deal with this company without properly assessing the capability of the company to carry out the task. The former attorney general used the opportunity to cash out.

Malami and Buhari's government officials pushed for a settlement with Mittal as an opportunity to steal money for their self-interest. The speed in which $500 million was paid to Mittal between January -February 2023, when it's obvious that Nigeria was broke is a cash-out and why Nigeria is broke today. Ajaokuta is a cash cow that Tinubu will milk.

“I threatened them with criminal proceedings for tax evasion, in addition to other criminal infractions that they had clearly committed,” Mohammed Adoke, a former attorney general who had reached the first of these accords, wrote in his memoir titled “Burden of Service.” “To amicably resolve the issue, I insisted that Global Steel should relinquish (Ajaokuta) for free without any form of compensation.”

Adoke’s successor, Malami, who was the attorney general when the half-a-billion-dollar settlement was struck, modified the terms of the deal to take back the mining firm and award a payment. Malami didn’t respond to a request for comment.
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by IbnB: 11:44pm On Nov 21, 2023
sulaak:
Buhari government really destroyed Nigeria and should be investigated

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-11-17/how-lakshmi-mittal-s-younger-brother-got-a-massive-nigerian-bailout?srnd=premium-africa

He is not the first, countless Nigerian citizens have executed the same scam against their own motherland

Last I heard, 'billionaire' Leno Adesanya tried to squeeze $200m out of the national treasury via the Sunrise Hydropower deal. He probably succeeded.
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by YoshihideSuga: 11:44pm On Nov 21, 2023
grandstar:

It's not balls. It is futile.

Buhari was incompetent.

Yet Tinubu supported, campaigned and voted for the same man in 2015 and 2019.

Tinubu deserves everything he gets.

1 Like

Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by sniperr007(m): 12:29am On Nov 22, 2023
ElSudani:
Those guys came to Nigeria stole from Ajaokuta and still got $500 million. Big time rip off.

Malami needs to answer questions for the settlement
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by grandstar(m): 12:36am On Nov 22, 2023
YoshihideSuga:

Yet Tinubu supported, campaigned and voted for the same man in 2015 and 2019.

Tinubu deserves everything he gets.

That was the price Tinubu had to pay before becoming president

1 Like

Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by soyaoilrate: 3:19am On Nov 22, 2023
Solvent extraction of oil is a pivotal industrial process employed to extract oils from seeds, nuts, and oil-bearing raw materials. In this method, a solvent, often hexane, is used to dissolve and separate the oil from the solid components of the raw material. The solvent effectively extracts the oil, forming a solution that is then separated through distillation, leaving behind the crude oil. This crude oil undergoes additional refining processes to eliminate impurities, ensuring the final product meets quality standards. Solvent extraction is particularly prevalent in large-scale oil production due to its efficiency in extracting a high yield of oil. While effective, discussions surrounding environmental impact and health considerations have prompted ongoing research into alternative, more sustainable extraction methods. The solvent extraction of oil continues to play a crucial role in meeting the global demand for various oils used in cooking, industrial processes, and an array of consumer products.
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by southernbelle(f): 3:20am On Nov 22, 2023
Nigeria, my dear country! I wonder how we have survived for this long when everyone is taking - both its own citizens and externals. I wish I can see things getting better but sadly, no.
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by IamtheTruth1(m): 6:08am On Nov 22, 2023
sulaak:
Buhari government really destroyed Nigeria and should be investigated

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-11-17/how-lakshmi-mittal-s-younger-brother-got-a-massive-nigerian-bailout?srnd=premium-africa

This man took over DSC and it was run to the ground. Thousands of people lost their jobs then. Within the next 6yrs, old staffs started dying from depression or something. Go to Delta Steel plant at Aladja now managed by Premium Steel Ltd, you will shed tears.

When will we start holding these politicians accountable?

You guys keep voting for thieves just because you rather have your tribe ruling than another than an igbo man. Some Yoruba people rather trek daily to work in Lagos than have an igbo man rule them.

I remember how Obj took from our treasury to fund DSC but Atiku used Asian firms to kill everything. Obj landed that day in DSC and sacked all the managers.

Should we talk about our refineries? The level of corruption in this country should be in Guinness Book of Records.

They took away subsidy in the name of using the funds to fund development projects yet they are still borrowing budgeting money for private yacht from Budget student loans…

Gullible Nigerians. You would rather vote a thief than someone who is accountable because you want your tribe to rule. Modern day Slavery
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by Realme111: 6:09am On Nov 22, 2023
spirul77:
Anything happens in naija.

For your permanent cure for weak erection, quick ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, Watery and low Sperm Count reach me on the WhatsApp number on my signature.

It is a permanet cure and hundred percent herbal.
If after one week you do not get your desired result you are free to report my bank account.
what's your whatsapp number ?
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by Greattha: 6:16am On Nov 22, 2023
obinna58:
grin
Chop I chop government
Tinubu chopping
Seyi chopping
Em wife chopping
Oti chopping
Adeleke chopping
Sanwo olu chopping
Bello chopping
Gandolar chopping
Inec chairman chopping
Nnpc chairman chopping
Foreigners chopping

Everybody chopping
Even monkey and snake is chopping

How can we fight this calamity

All of them chopping except the Nigerians themselves because slaves-like-kesh keep supporting them to chop...while praising them as "Mr. Integrity" all for crumbs
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by GentuLion: 6:19am On Nov 22, 2023
obinna58:
grin
Chop I chop government
Tinubu chopping
Seyi chopping
Em wife chopping
Oti chopping
Adeleke chopping
Sanwo olu chopping
Bello chopping
Gandolar chopping
Inec chairman chopping
Nnpc chairman chopping
Foreigners chopping

Everybody chopping

Lawyers chopping

The only way to fight it is when we are all chopping!!! Lol grin
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by Prenonjebose: 6:26am On Nov 22, 2023
Malami and his principal, Buhari are the worst.
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by Greattha: 6:30am On Nov 22, 2023
It's a season of returning favours.

I overlooked your bullion vans and other shenanigans so you'll overlook all these as well😁

Nigeria is in a mess that only the people/masses can resolve...but they're not ready yet....but it's a'tickin'

Validated:
Forget it, Tinubu have NO BALLS to ask Buhari any question. He can only seek how to keep Emefiele in detention.
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by Oakenshield: 6:57am On Nov 22, 2023
ElSudani:
Those guys came to Nigeria stole from Ajaokuta and still got $500 million. Big time rip off.
Buhari,Malami and Lai with other lesser known criminals colluded with them to rip Nigeria off
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by LillyandDaisy: 8:23am On Nov 22, 2023
Validated:
Forget it, Tinubu have NO BALLS to ask Buhari any question. He can only seek how to keep Emefiele in detention.
Did you read the story?
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by spirul77: 8:47am On Nov 22, 2023
Realme111:
what's your whatsapp number ?
it's on my signature +2 three 4 708 two seven 6 2 six eight 4
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by seunjungle1(m): 9:09am On Nov 22, 2023
This bad corrupt news shows how our EFCC and co are stvpid and clueless for arresting our own real yahoo boys(not ritual ones oo) for duping Oyinbo, while they look away in a matter like this.
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by caye(m): 9:15am On Nov 22, 2023
Codes151:
Una get luck say na fools dey rule us.

If u like go Russian court or Arabian court.
I wonder wetin for make me pay anybody this.

As government, I don shut down deal, I don shut down.

Do you know what made "them" ( France & their black house nieggers) to murder Thomas Sankara of Burkina Faso?

When he realised that the former rulers had collected useless loans, and his country had overpaid on those loans, he said, " we will no longer pay. If we don't pay, heaven will not fall".

They had to murder him.

These globalists have no morals,and they believe they are now occupying God's throne.
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by sulaak(m): 10:05am On Nov 22, 2023
IbnB:

He is not the first, countless Nigerian citizens have executed the same scam against their own motherland

Last I heard, 'billionaire' Leno Adesanya tried to squeeze $200m out of the national treasury via the Sunrise Hydropower deal. He probably succeeded.

Whataboutism has destroyed Nigeria.

We can agree that all Nigerian politicians have screwed Nigerians, but Buhari government corruption has taken Nigeria to a new low; how do you explain N56 Trillion ways and means debt ( government debt to CBN) or $51 billion external debt. Astronomical fuel subsidies in 2022 and 2023. Fall in Oil export from 2.3 million B/D to less than 1 million B/D

Buhari's own words that oil subsidies is stealing in 2011 only to continue oil subsidies when he got into government.
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by Codes151(m): 10:11am On Nov 22, 2023
caye:

Do you know what made "them" ( France & their black house nieggers) to murder Thomas Sankara of Burkina Faso?

When he realised that the former rulers had collected useless loans, and his country had overpaid on those loans, he said, " we will no longer pay. If we don't pay, heaven will not fall".

They had to murder him.

These globalists have no morals,and they believe they are now occupying God's throne.
then them go kill us plenty because this generation will not succumb to rubbish..

even you self, as a leader,.. lot of rubbish i knw u no go take. i don sense am already
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by slowice(m): 10:49am On Nov 22, 2023
Their darling is a clueless and extremely corrupt bastarrd..

A man who is righteous in his own eyes, a selfish bigot
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by fxexperts: 4:15pm On Nov 22, 2023
Berankis:

Your analysis is quite good but where I have an issue is mentioning LEADERSHIP. Our problem is not leadership but the Nigerian citizenry. Most Nigerians are dubious, desperate, wasteful, crazy and worthless set of people. When we realize this and start to correct it, the country will start to get meaningful.
You are very right. i keep telling Nigerian this exact same thing. but it seems we love to blame everyone but ourselves.

1 Like

Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by fxexperts: 4:21pm On Nov 22, 2023
Faiththatworks:
The summary of this story is very simple,some oyinbo people came to Nigeria and got some Nigerian collaborators to help them loot the country dry
It started with Russians,then Americans and finally Indians.In all,close to Seven Billions dollars was looted using this medium and not one single ounce of steel has left this facility
If there is a Guinness world record for this kind of activity, Nigeria would be given the world record effortlessly
What a country,sometimes I seriously feel we are the most unfortunate set of people when it comes to Leadership
Now some people are advising this government to keep spending money on this God forsaken project,they should better turn that place to a agriculture industrial hub and start planting Yam,Cassava,legumes and other cash crops

Anything other than that is a waste of Land
Still selling LAND In my Estate in Ibeju-lekki...
https://www.nairaland.com/7905580/introducing-silvergate-estate-ibeju-lekki
God bless Nigeria
Truth be told, Nigerians and their leaders and the true definition of devil himself. a set of people who can serious evil to themselves just to enjoy some selfish momentary gains are a set of people I cannot truly understand.
and some are trying to either sell themselves to the Russians or the west because of their stupidity. When black's folks realize that no outside nation can help us if we don't help ourselves the better for us all. and we will keep been used by white folks like tissue paper.
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by DonroxyII: 1:58pm On Nov 26, 2023
ElSudani:
grin ..
Na so all of them are using Foreign Patners to Milk Am ....

If the country dry, I wonder which Nation we would all run to ...

Black Man with Dark Sense !
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by DonroxyII: 2:01pm On Nov 26, 2023
BOSSkesh:
Big rip off
How comes Nigerians are not making this money but foreigners
FX ?
Nigerians would demand Nigerian Naira but Foreign would be paid in Dollars ....

Now You Know why the Dollars is increasing in our Nation ... It's the medium of Sorting cheesy
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by DonroxyII: 2:02pm On Nov 26, 2023
obinna58:
grin
Chop I chop government
Tinubu chopping
Seyi chopping
Em wife chopping
Oti chopping
Adeleke chopping
Sanwo olu chopping
Bello chopping
Gandolar chopping
Inec chairman chopping
Nnpc chairman chopping
Foreigners chopping

Everybody chopping

Prayers & Hustle .....

Gallant Men needed to Man up & Take Over from the Current Crops of Politicians!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Qasem Soleimani: Buhari Keeps Mum Over Assassination Of General, 72 Hours After / Fadimatu Mai Talle Tara Dies / Reasons For Hike In Price Of Cooking Gas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.