Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,306 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria (34966 Views)

President Tinubu Receives Mr. Sunil Bharti Mittal, Global Chairman, Airtel / Fg’s N701bn Bailout In Jeopardy As Discos Remit 25.5% / Budgit Exposes 17 States Owing Salaries, Pensions Despite N1.8trillion Bailout (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by Bigchristo: 9:19pm On Nov 21, 2023
ElSudani:
Those guys came to Nigeria stole from Ajaokuta and still got $500 million. Big time rip off.
Your political leaders used AjaOkta steel to rip the finance, why can’t they probe those who were responsible for disbursing $7bn for a project that didn’t even complete and functional, na $500 million dey pain you?
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by grandstar(m): 9:19pm On Nov 21, 2023
Validated:
Forget it, Tinubu have NO BALLS to ask Buhari any question. He can only seek how to keep Emefiele in detention.

It's not balls. It is futile.

Buhari was incompetent.

3 Likes

Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by danilho(m): 9:19pm On Nov 21, 2023
Larryndelaw:
They will still blame BAT for it.
This is what OBJ plunged the country into. This is the same OBJ that want OBJ to be president, the same OBJ that Obidient are praising. OBJ is a calamity to the nation.
They will never mention OBJ, infact he is now their god.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by Bigchristo: 9:22pm On Nov 21, 2023
sulaak:
Buhari government really destroyed Nigeria and should be investigated

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-11-17/how-lakshmi-mittal-s-younger-brother-got-a-massive-nigerian-bailout?srnd=premium-africa
I knew this project was a way to scam public funds, over $7bn spent on a none functional project nobody talk about it, what’s $500m comparing to $7bn? Why can’t the EFCC and other agencies probe those responsible for disbursing the project money and everyone tied to this project, na only yahoo boys body Anti graft agencies for Dey get power

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by seguno2: 9:24pm On Nov 21, 2023
Kukutente23:

Was it Atiku who told Buhari's AG to hand out $500m to the fraud? Be using your brain small small na

How can an APC zonebee do that
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by Berankis: 9:26pm On Nov 21, 2023
Faiththatworks:
The summary of this story is very simple,some oyinbo people came to Nigeria and got some Nigerian collaborators to help them loot the country dry
It started with Russians,then Americans and finally Indians.In all,close to Seven Billions dollars was looted using this medium and not one single ounce of steel has left this facility
If there is a Guinness world record for this kind of activity, Nigeria would be given the world record effortlessly
What a country,sometimes I seriously feel we are the most unfortunate set of people when it comes to Leadership
Now some people are advising this government to keep spending money on this God forsaken project,they should better turn that place to a agriculture industrial hub and start planting Yam,Cassava,legumes and other cash crops

Anything other than that is a waste of Land
Still selling LAND In my Estate in Ibeju-lekki...
https://www.nairaland.com/7905580/introducing-silvergate-estate-ibeju-lekki
God bless Nigeria
Your analysis is quite good but where I have an issue is mentioning LEADERSHIP. Our problem is not leadership but the Nigerian citizenry. Most Nigerians are dubious, desperate, wasteful, crazy and worthless set of people. When we realize this and start to correct it, the country will start to get meaningful.
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by Brenbentondiaz: 9:26pm On Nov 21, 2023
jojothaiv:
I've never been a fan of the long list of sub humans parading as politicians we have over here in Nigeria, now is not the time neither is it tomorrow.

Until our leaders understand the meaning of accountability and altruism and are ready to practice it I'm sorry, we will keep going in circle.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Funny beings everywhere..

Nigeria has no leaders. You're talking about rulers. Nigeria can never have leaders with the kind of structure applicable in the country now. Only those fooling themselves will think anyone of these vermins called Nigerian politicians will come and make any change (the same way northerners were fooling themselves that Buhari would be different from the others before he showed his arse). The first step towards any seriousness in this country is for it to be restructured, or divided into as many independent nations as possible.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by Housing(m): 9:26pm On Nov 21, 2023
Malami destroyed Buhari's government. Malami can't escape judgement. He may escape from human but God will surely give him the appropriate reward.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by ElSudani: 9:27pm On Nov 21, 2023
Bigchristo:
Your political leaders used AjaOkta steel to rip the finance, why can’t they probe those who were responsible for disbursing $7bn for a project that didn’t even complete and functional, na $500 million dey pain you?

I am actually more pained by individuals like you who just type type for the sake of it. It doesn't matter whether you are making sense or not.
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by BananaPeel(m): 9:32pm On Nov 21, 2023
sulaak:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-11-17/how-lakshmi-mittal-s-younger-brother-got-a-massive-nigerian-bailout?srnd=premium-africa

The same Mittal stole German equipments in DSC and finally put the nail to the coffin of the company.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by Bigchristo: 9:33pm On Nov 21, 2023
ElSudani:

I am actually more pained by individuals like you who just type type for the sake of it. It doesn't matter whether you are making sense or not.
LOL 😂
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by ElSudani: 9:35pm On Nov 21, 2023
Bigchristo:
LOL 😂

That's right bro.
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by sslcrypt: 9:35pm On Nov 21, 2023
ElSudani:
Those guys came to Nigeria stole from Ajaokuta and still got $500 million. Big time rip off.

No it's not, if your uncle or father or any relative were the enablers of this corrupt deal you will go to church and give testimony. Live lavishly and show off that you have arrived. There's nothing like corruption in Nigeria because everyone is just waiting his or her turn.

2 Likes

Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by andyanders: 9:35pm On Nov 21, 2023
Allready, Indians has taken over the running of this country. Go to all the steel companies in Ogun state are been owned by Indians and they treath Nigerians as trash/animals-.
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by treatise: 9:36pm On Nov 21, 2023
sulaak:

It's like Obasanjo's name was mentioned.
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by Bigchristo: 9:41pm On Nov 21, 2023
ElSudani:

That's right bro.
Most of us don’t like to hear the truth, if not for corruption why would a government pay for projects to the tune of $7b and the project wasn’t completed to functional level, there’s Anti Graft agencies that claimed to be fighting corruption and probing those who embezzled public funds, why can’t they act Abi na only Yahoo boys body dem for Dey active? 🤷‍♂️😂
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by ElSudani: 9:41pm On Nov 21, 2023
sslcrypt:

No it's not, if your uncle or father or any relative were the enablers of this corrupt deal you will go to church and give testimony. Live lavishly and show off that you have arrived. There's nothing like corruption in Nigeria because everyone is just waiting his or her turn.

Well, you are wrong. I see the bigger picture therefore your small minded analogy doesn't apply to me.
Until we all stop thinking the way you do black people will continue to be at the bottom of the ladder with all the insults and the disrespect that goes with it.

1 Like

Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by ElSudani: 9:49pm On Nov 21, 2023
Bigchristo:
Most of us don’t like to hear the truth, if not for corruption why would a government pay for projects to the tune of $7b and the project wasn’t completed to functional level, there’s Anti Graft agencies that claimed to be fighting corruption and probing those who embezzled public funds, why can’t they act Abi na only Yahoo boys body dem for Dey active? 🤷‍♂️😂

Which government? Many of you don't know the actual contract for the construction of Ajaokuta was signed under Obasanjo's military administration. Construction started under Shagari. We've had Buhari/ Idiagbon, Babangida, Shonekan, Abacha, Abdulsalami, then Obasanjo again and so on till the current administration.

The GIL contract for the resurrection of the plant was signed under Obasanjo again, a lot of people questioned the competence of the company to finish the plant but for whatever reason the Indians were brought in.
Given what I just told you where exactly should I start my probe from?
By the way, Ajaokuta is not the only project like this, just the most famous.
Nigeria just recently missed paying 11 billion dollars to a sham company called P&ID in a similar circumstances.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by Bigchristo: 9:58pm On Nov 21, 2023
ElSudani:

Which government? Many of you don't know the actual contract for the construction of Ajaokuta was signed under Obasanjo's military administration. Construction started under Shagari. We've had Buhari/ Idiagbon, Babangida, Shonekan, Abacha, Abdulsalami, then Obasanjo again and so on till the current administration.

The GIL contract for the resurrection of the plant was signed under Obasanjo again, a lot of people questioned the competence of the company to finish the plant but for whatever reason the Indians were brought in.
Given what I just told you where exactly should I start my probe from?
Start from Obasanjo regime that initiated the project disbursed money and the project wasn’t completed. Until we start holding our leaders accountable for their actions this country can’t move forward

1 Like

Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by stormborn28(m): 10:08pm On Nov 21, 2023
1Alex:
Reading

This is a government useless people are supporting. Instead of fighting for the interest of the masses , the are neck-deep in excruciating the citizens..

1 Like

Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by fxexperts: 10:10pm On Nov 21, 2023
Obagreatdatoye:
This country done suffer from its own citizens
Aswear, this country is cursed to its very root.
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by IbeOkehie: 10:11pm On Nov 21, 2023
I can personally testify that the only time Delta Steel ever produced anything was when it was under the control of the Indian GIS Company. We used to deal with a manager named Sunil. They really tried hard to make something out of nothing.

The real problem at the Delta Steel end was the area politicians and thugs. They made life unbearable with constant demands for pay offs and when not paid, they resorted to violence. Business ended when a riot broke out and resulted in severe damage to the production plant and equipment and vehicles and such. It was instigated by a certain politician who is still in prominent office. The politician boasted to my hearing about how he was the problem.

This is how Nigeria works. This would not likely happen in a country where government strongly defended PRIVATE property rights, where government never owned a steel production company in the first place. When you hear people boasting about how they're making 100% profit per month in Nigeria, you know they've NEVER been in business there.

Good Luck to Nigerians.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by NewDea4: 10:21pm On Nov 21, 2023
sulaak:

IBB ought to have had Buhari executed that time but I guess he didn't have the balls.

Instead he chose to keep the evil bastard in prison for three years, thus multiplying the magnitude of wickedness in Buhari's demonic soul
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by IbileIfe: 10:33pm On Nov 21, 2023
Faiththatworks:
The summary of this story is very simple,some oyinbo people came to Nigeria and got some Nigerian collaborators to help them loot the country dry
It started with Russians,then Americans and finally Indians.In all,close to Seven Billions dollars was looted using this medium and not one single ounce of steel has left this facility
If there is a Guinness world record for this kind of activity, Nigeria would be given the world record effortlessly
What a country,sometimes I seriously feel we are the most unfortunate set of people when it comes to Leadership
Now some people are advising this government to keep spending money on this God forsaken project,they should better turn that place to a agriculture industrial hub and start planting Yam,Cassava,legumes and other cash crops

Anything other than that is a waste of Land
Still selling LAND In my Estate in Ibeju-lekki...
https://www.nairaland.com/7905580/introducing-silvergate-estate-ibeju-lekki
God bless Nigeria

The Chinese have taken over from the Indians.
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by Vision101(m): 10:42pm On Nov 21, 2023
@Validated

Forget it, Tinubu have NO BALLS to ask Buhari any question. He can only seek how to keep Emefiele in detention.

@me
Everything is name calling. Read very well. It all started from Obasanjo to yaradua then buhari. Where is tinubu's own in this.
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by NewDea4: 10:43pm On Nov 21, 2023
sulaak:

Nigeria's political/elite class ought to be summarily externinated
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by Fujiyama: 10:45pm On Nov 21, 2023
undecided

What a country.
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by michlins(m): 10:54pm On Nov 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Does anyone remember who gave Ajaokuta to GSH?
and who gave GSH $500ml when we don't have enough to stabilize our naira
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by gabbasin: 11:16pm On Nov 21, 2023
My country is corruption personified. Nobody cares for the survival of Nigeria because almost all our politicians have other countries to run to leaving hapless masses to suffer their misrule.

1 Like

Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by Deepspirituals: 11:16pm On Nov 21, 2023
obinna58:
grin
Chop I chop government
Tinubu chopping
Seyi chopping
Em wife chopping
Oti chopping
Adeleke chopping
Sanwo olu chopping
Bello chopping
Gandolar chopping
Inec chairman chopping
Nnpc chairman chopping
Foreigners chopping

Everybody chopping
Even monkey and snake is chopping

How can we fight this calamity
Till when you find people that doesn't want to do the chopping maybe you
Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by IbeOkehie: 11:20pm On Nov 21, 2023
sslcrypt:

THANK YOU 😊 You understand the game.

Good Luck to Nigeria!!!

1 Like

Re: How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria by greenmouse(m): 11:20pm On Nov 21, 2023
so sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Opeyemi Kadiri: Police Dismisses Officer For Searching Mobile Phones / Tinubu: Obi, Adebanjo's Statements Treasonable - LP factional Publicity Sec / Qasem Soleimani: Buhari Keeps Mum Over Assassination Of General, 72 Hours After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.