Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Akpata: Good Judge Emerging In Nigeria Is By Luck, Says Ex-NBA President - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpata: Good Judge Emerging In Nigeria Is By Luck, Says Ex-NBA President (10537 Views)

Obi, Ex-NBA President Olumide Akpata Attend LP Rally In Edo / Barr. Morah Greets NBA President, Akpata On His Marital Union, Wishes Him Happin / Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akpata: Good Judge Emerging In Nigeria Is By Luck, Says Ex-NBA President by Irony1: 11:23am On Nov 18, 2023
Willie2015:

That guy is a stupid man...

if he get elected as a governor...

How will you convince same investors to invest in your state?

See let us stop deceiving ourselves the world has seen us finish they know that we don't have rule of law. Go to a blue chip company in Nigeria for commercial negotiations check out their contract and look at the applicable laws. No reference is made to laws of Federal Republic of Nigeria, it is either Wales, UK or US.
No investor will stake his money in a country where rule of law is poor, because of anything happens he knows he will not get any legal redress or justice.
Re: Akpata: Good Judge Emerging In Nigeria Is By Luck, Says Ex-NBA President by Kukutente23: 11:29am On Nov 18, 2023
Re: Akpata: Good Judge Emerging In Nigeria Is By Luck, Says Ex-NBA President by maasoap(m): 11:32am On Nov 18, 2023
Israel07:

He made no sense as You're not making any either. Everything thing the ex NBA president said is very true and people with integrity agrees with him. What's patriotic about a cabal of corrupt fools running the destinies of millions and sharing it as they want.

People with integrity but without common sense. I'm sure that his dumb sorry ass would disagree if any judge or anyone said Nigerian lawyers are criminals without exception.

Pls don't quote me again
Go and commit suicide now because, you didn't quote someone else before I quoted you

1 Like

Re: Akpata: Good Judge Emerging In Nigeria Is By Luck, Says Ex-NBA President by jojothaiv(m): 11:34am On Nov 18, 2023
Some would say Akpata is wailing too.
Re: Akpata: Good Judge Emerging In Nigeria Is By Luck, Says Ex-NBA President by maasoap(m): 11:35am On Nov 18, 2023
benjaminlawson:

Please talk reasonable, how would you say some SANs corrupt our judges, it means they are epitome of corruption themselves, how would one corrupt another if he himself is not corrupt. That is why some political cases are assigned to this type of people, because those people know them before given them the dirty job.
I'm sure that you were yet mature to read news when the news of our great SANs serving as couriers between their clients and the judges handling their cases. grin grin grin. Ask internet and it will shock you
Re: Akpata: Good Judge Emerging In Nigeria Is By Luck, Says Ex-NBA President by Bluntemperor: 11:41am On Nov 18, 2023
Mr Akpata should stop speewing rubbish because the question is- what did you do to bring sanity or correct the abnormalities?
Why are they timid when they held power but are quick to tell us Story on retirement?
The other times,a Judge was telling same Story but would go to collect his Pension thereafter!
Shame!
Re: Akpata: Good Judge Emerging In Nigeria Is By Luck, Says Ex-NBA President by stuffs2002: 11:44am On Nov 18, 2023
Irony1:

What did you smoke really?

Tell an IPOB cannibal the truth and he would resort to insults
Re: Akpata: Good Judge Emerging In Nigeria Is By Luck, Says Ex-NBA President by OlujobaSamuel: 11:45am On Nov 18, 2023
casualobserver:

How does reporting your father to your neighbour solve the problem of your father being a bad man? Are you not your fathers son? For good or for bad you inherit anything ascribed to your father. So when you go exposing your father, you are cursing yourself. You think other families don’t have their own problems?

My wife once said to me, she has friends who will come reporting their husbands to her in anger and she realized that she can never look at their husbands the same way again and sometimes while sympathizing with the friends she will think to herself, why are you telling me this, what kind of woman airs her dirty linen in public. She said the day she realized that the person listening to you rather than empathizing g May actually be looking down on you was the day she understood what her mother always told her, “whatever problem you have with your husband settle it with your husband. Once you tell outsiders, they will take your story to the streets and once you and your husband settle, the story/secrets and many versions of it will be out in the streets.

The bottom line is this what do you expect to gain by demarketing your own outside? Do you expect them to solve your problem for you? If not what is the purpose? What is the upside for the reputational damage that others will suffer as a result of association? That’s the real question.
When I saw this report without any comment yet, the 4points guiding principles of Rotaract came to my mind; Is it the TRUTH?
Is it FAIR to all concerned?
Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
Even the IBA was cautious in responding to the allegations he made.
You met an adult on the road, you table a wise matter before him, who says he wasn't foolish in his youthful age.
I hope he sits and think deep about what he said to the outside world. That was how someone said we are lazy, indiscipline and useless.

1 Like

Re: Akpata: Good Judge Emerging In Nigeria Is By Luck, Says Ex-NBA President by casualobserver: 11:52am On Nov 18, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

When I saw this report without any comment yet, the 4points guiding principles of Rotaract came to my mind; Is it the TRUTH?
Is it FAIR to all concerned?
Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
Even the IBA was cautious in responding to the allegations he made.
You met an adult on the road, you table a wise matter before him, who says he wasn't foolish in his youthful age.
I hope he sits and think deep about what he said to the outside world. That was how someone said we are lazy, indiscipline and useless.

There are different types of intelligence, one of which is emotional intelligence. This guy clearly lacks emotional intelligence.

An ugly woman asks you if she is ugly…..you don’t tell her the truth and say she is ugly….she has a mirror. Your wife has borne children for you and asks if her protruding stomach is getting too big or her arms are getting flabby, you don’t say yes.

Akpata is a m0ron!

1 Like

Re: Akpata: Good Judge Emerging In Nigeria Is By Luck, Says Ex-NBA President by Realguyman1(m): 11:55am On Nov 18, 2023
DeLaRue:
This is not the way to speak of your country at an international forum.

Making unguarded and unqualified statements that denigrate the entire judiciary is ridiculous.

So all children and spouses of judges appointed into the judiciary in Nigeria are unqualified. And Nigeria is the only country where offsprings tend to follow their parents into their parent's professions. It doesn't happen in other countries

Do citizens of those countries go to international fora to demand intervention of external international agencies in their country's internal affairs?

Every little thing, some Nigerians will shame their country on the international stage, calling on the UN, USA, UK, EU to intervene. Is it down to colonisation-induced inferiority complex or what. You end up giving foreigners the impression that black people are unable to govern themselves.

Painting the entire judiciary as corrupt is disgraceful. Many judges are some of the hardest working and most poorly paid professionals in Nigeria. Many of them are not corrupt. It is so unfair to paint them all with the same brush.

Just because you're contesting as a Labour party candidate in a forthcoming election, you took to running the image of the entire judiciary through the mud before an international audience.

Are there no corrupt judges in America, Europe, South America etc. Do you see their lawyers running their country 's name through the mud at international conferences and calling for external intervention.

Challenges within the judiciary are not unique to Nigeria. Like other countries we have to find our ways of addressing them locally.

At the bolded, that is the simple truth na. If black people can govern themselves, then why are all the black nations something else despite the white leaving them a very long time ago? Just 6yrs of the white leaving Nigeria, and the next thing was civil war. And up till date common ordinary unity the government can't even unite the country,.

The politicians even end up using tribalism, religion, ethnicity and many more to divide the people the more so that they can remain divided for them to continue doing the nonsense they are doing in power.
Re: Akpata: Good Judge Emerging In Nigeria Is By Luck, Says Ex-NBA President by na2016: 12:00pm On Nov 18, 2023
mrvitalis:
All is see if APC watering the group for military to take over

As bad as PDP was they were getting better with each election, with each judgement

But APC seem to be getting worse and worse

And there is only one way it always end military take over, might not be today, or tomorrow or even in 5 years but that's the end if we continue like this

Any sensitive mind will know what you are saying will happen even before 2030 if the country continues the way it is under APC. One can only wish it doest happen cos As small as I was then, I could remember that the military era was terribly bad.
Re: Akpata: Good Judge Emerging In Nigeria Is By Luck, Says Ex-NBA President by Willie2015: 12:06pm On Nov 18, 2023
Irony1:

See let us stop deceiving ourselves the world has seen us finish they know that we don't have rule of law. Go to a blue chip company in Nigeria for commercial negotiations check out their contract and look at the applicable laws. No reference is made to laws of Federal Republic of Nigeria, it is either Wales, UK or US.
No investor will stake his money in a country where rule of law is poor, because of anything happens he knows he will not get any legal redress or justice.

There is no country in the world...
without rule of law violations...
In China, the law is subject to the “leadership of the Party.”..
D US has its own violations of the rule of law..
"We lied, we cheated, we stole ... It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment,"
U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo
Re: Akpata: Good Judge Emerging In Nigeria Is By Luck, Says Ex-NBA President by Charly68: 12:17pm On Nov 18, 2023
Stupid remarks .. how will it sound if we say good lawyer appearing in Nigeria is very rare .. ? The learned minds are the ones causing palava for the judiciary.There is no sincerity in them .
Re: Akpata: Good Judge Emerging In Nigeria Is By Luck, Says Ex-NBA President by mrmatt(m): 12:32pm On Nov 18, 2023
What is there to hid, why do you want to be economical with the truth? If your father is a mad man, he should be called a bad man as long as he continues been a bad man. Nigeria does not need sugar-coating at the moment, the whole world already Know what's up so it's not your restrian that will better the country's image but a change of behavior.

That is not the point. When you go telling all your friends my father is a bad Mann , my mother is a bad woman, my uncle is useless, my cousins are useless. You or your children will want to marry one day and people will say don’t marry from that family o, they are all useless.

You don’t use your own mouth to confirm bad things about your own to outsiders. What was he hoping to gain by ribbishing the Nigerian judiciary internationally? Can they fix it for him. So what was the point?

[/quote]
Re: Akpata: Good Judge Emerging In Nigeria Is By Luck, Says Ex-NBA President by Timmi: 12:34pm On Nov 18, 2023
ijustdey:
Drawing on his experience as president of the NBA, Mr Akpata recalled how flawed the recruitment process of judges is in the country.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/644218-good-judge-emerging-in-nigeria-is-by-luck-says-ex-nba-president.html

My friend, it is not the judiciary that should be blamed but rather lawyers like yourself. It is the lawyers that you represent that carry the bribes from the politicians and VIP to give to the judges.

You should be preaching to your co-lawyers and sanitize the system while you are the NBA president, but rather you turned your blind eyes and now that you want to run for a political office starts to make noise to trend. Charity like they said starts from home.
Re: Akpata: Good Judge Emerging In Nigeria Is By Luck, Says Ex-NBA President by MEGAWATCH: 12:56pm On Nov 18, 2023
casualobserver:

How does reporting your father to your neighbour solve the problem of your father being a bad man? Are you not your fathers son? For good or for bad you inherit anything ascribed to your father. So when you go exposing your father, you are cursing yourself. You think other families don’t have their own problems?

My wife once said to me, she has friends who will come reporting their husbands to her in anger and she realized that she can never look at their husbands the same way again and sometimes while sympathizing with the friends she will think to herself, why are you telling me this, what kind of woman airs her dirty linen in public. She said the day she realized that the person listening to you rather than empathizing g May actually be looking down on you was the day she understood what her mother always told her, “whatever problem you have with your husband settle it with your husband. Once you tell outsiders, they will take your story to the streets and once you and your husband settle, the story/secrets and many versions of it will be out in the streets.

The bottom line is this what do you expect to gain by demarketing your own outside? Do you expect them to solve your problem for you? If not what is the purpose? What is the upside for the reputational damage that others will suffer as a result of association? That’s the real question.

You must put up the system that will make people believe that their grievances are genuinely not going to repeat itself again or else when people see that you are always ready to boast and brag at their faces that you will always have your ways hurting them, people wil tell the whole world.

You can't be beating NIGERIANs with bad leadership and bragging about it and expect them to keep quiet and clapp for you.....na lie, it's unnatural abeg.

People respond negatively or positively when the look at where they are coming from and what they have achieved and what hope lies ahead of them.

Maybe you want NIGERIANs to behave like LIVING DEAD PEOPLE...... It's not possible my dear.
Re: Akpata: Good Judge Emerging In Nigeria Is By Luck, Says Ex-NBA President by Irony1: 1:03pm On Nov 18, 2023
stuffs2002:

Tell an IPOB cannibal the truth and he would resort to insults
see your problem you made a comment that a pry 6 pupil will not dare say and you are called out on it and you tag the person IPOB. You agbado miscreants ehnnn doing everything necessary to justify 30k propaganda salary
Re: Akpata: Good Judge Emerging In Nigeria Is By Luck, Says Ex-NBA President by SoNature(m): 1:23pm On Nov 18, 2023
tiswell:
One of the very few sensible and vibrant omoluabis alive

He's from Edo State
Re: Akpata: Good Judge Emerging In Nigeria Is By Luck, Says Ex-NBA President by stuffs2002: 1:48pm On Nov 18, 2023
Irony1:
see your problem you made a comment that a pry 6 pupil will not dare say and you are called out on it and you tag the person IPOB. You agbado miscreants ehnnn doing everything necessary to justify 30k propaganda salary

It is impossible for an IPOB cannibal to have sense and I believe their lack of sense is due to roasting and consuming human meat and smoking mkporu mirri.

Please show me where I made any comment about any primary 6 pupil. You support Akpata in his fanatic anti Islamic attack just because you hate Muslims. Would you have supported it if it was Christians being persecuted?
Re: Akpata: Good Judge Emerging In Nigeria Is By Luck, Says Ex-NBA President by IfnobeGod20: 2:07pm On Nov 18, 2023
DeLaRue:

Making unguarded and unqualified statements that denigrate the entire judiciary is ridiculous.

So all children and spouses of judges appointed into the judiciary in Nigeria are unqualified. And Nigeria is the only country where offsprings tend to follow their parents into their parent's professions. It doesn't happen in other countries

Do citizens of those countries go to international fora to demand intervention of external international agencies in their country's internal affairs?

Every little thing, some Nigerians will shame their country on the international stage, calling on the UN, USA, UK, EU to intervene. Is it down to colonisation-induced inferiority complex or what. You end up giving foreigners the impression that black people are unable to govern themselves.

Painting the entire judiciary as corrupt is disgraceful. Many judges are some of the hardest working and most poorly paid professionals in Nigeria. Many of them are not corrupt. It is so unfair to paint them all with the same brush.

Just because you're contesting as a Labour party candidate in a forthcoming election, you took to running the image of the entire judiciary through the mud before an international audience.

Are there no corrupt judges in America, Europe, South America etc. Do you see their lawyers running their country 's name through the mud at international conferences and calling for external intervention.

Challenges within the judiciary are not unique to Nigeria. Like other countries we have to find our ways of addressing them locally.

And you think the shenanigans of Nigerian judiciary is not well known by the outside world? Please continue to deceive yourself thinking outside world doesn't know the mess filled in our judiciary.
The same government you're trying hard to protect will e quick to ask for intervention from the same countries you're claiming Mr. Akpata is reporting our country to. Always remember that Nigeria is a developing country and not yet self sufficient in anything that makes life honourable and ease. Meaning the country cannot on itself be begging the outside world to come to its aid and at the same time hiding issues that directly affect the health and coexistence of the nation. Please save yourself this double standard.
We cannot continue to feigned ignorance of happenings in the nation and at the same time want the development of the nation over night. God is not a magician, whatever we sow, we must reap.
Re: Akpata: Good Judge Emerging In Nigeria Is By Luck, Says Ex-NBA President by Irony1: 2:44pm On Nov 18, 2023
stuffs2002:

It is impossible for an IPOB cannibal to have sense and I believe their lack of sense is due to roasting and consuming human meat and smoking mkporu mirri.

Please show me where I made any comment about any primary 6 pupil. You support Akpata in his fanatic anti Islamic attack just because you hate Muslims. Would you have supported it if it was Christians being persecuted?
chai you are irredeemable and you are not smart at all
Re: Akpata: Good Judge Emerging In Nigeria Is By Luck, Says Ex-NBA President by stuffs2002: 3:29pm On Nov 18, 2023
Irony1:
chai you are irredeemable and you are not smart at all

I am not surprised IPOB cannibals hate Muslims and quick to support any anti Islamic cretin like Akpata.

Even the religious war monger called Obi didn't hide his hatred for Muslims. But God always disgraces them
Re: Akpata: Good Judge Emerging In Nigeria Is By Luck, Says Ex-NBA President by Irony1: 6:38pm On Nov 18, 2023
stuffs2002:

I am not surprised IPOB cannibals hate Muslims and quick to support any anti Islamic cretin like Akpata.

Even the religious war monger called Obi didn't hide his hatred for Muslims. But God always disgraces them

How did Muslims and Christians enter this discussion? Did I say anything about it? Are you this dense? Oga go and take your psychotic medications
Re: Akpata: Good Judge Emerging In Nigeria Is By Luck, Says Ex-NBA President by Bhella5(m): 7:58pm On Nov 18, 2023
Re: Akpata: Good Judge Emerging In Nigeria Is By Luck, Says Ex-NBA President by stuffs2002: 8:37pm On Nov 18, 2023
Irony1:

How did Muslims and Christians enter this discussion? Did I say anything about it? Are you this dense? Oga go and take your psychotic medications

DUMB&DAFT IPOB cannibals everywhere.

Your hate for Muslims is what killed the cannibal called Aguyi-Ironsi. The PH00LEESH BIGOT died like a chicken.

Even cannibals Azikiwe was thoroughly disgraced but the worst of them all was cannibal coward called Ojukwu who hated Muslims but ran away when the issues got real but came to beg same Muslims for forgiveness.

God will continue to disgrace the enemies of Muslims and that is what happened to the cannibal called Obi in the last presidential elections.
Re: Akpata: Good Judge Emerging In Nigeria Is By Luck, Says Ex-NBA President by 2elliot: 11:06pm On Nov 18, 2023
casualobserver:

That is not the point. When you go telling all your friends my father is a bad Mann , my mother is a bad woman, my uncle is useless, my cousins are useless. You or your children will want to marry one day and people will say don’t marry from that family o, they are all useless.

You don’t use your own mouth to confirm bad things about your own to outsiders. What was he hoping to gain by ribbishing the Nigerian judiciary internationally? Can they fix it for him. So what was the point?

So,which is worse in your eyes: the one telling people who already know the truth about your defective family members the truth, or lying in their face about them even though you know that everyone knows that you are lying?
Re: Akpata: Good Judge Emerging In Nigeria Is By Luck, Says Ex-NBA President by 2elliot: 11:08pm On Nov 18, 2023
stuffs2002:

DUMB&DAFT IPOB cannibals everywhere.

Your hate for Muslims is what killed the cannibal called Aguyi-Ironsi. The PH00LEESH BIGOT died like a chicken.

Even cannibals Azikiwe was thoroughly disgraced but the worst of them all was cannibal coward called Ojukwu who hated Muslims but ran away when the issues got real but came to beg same Muslims for forgiveness.

God will continue to disgrace the enemies of Muslims and that is what happened to the cannibal called Obi in the last presidential elections.
Go to Gaza and show your muslim support against Israel na. Una never jam people wey get craze pass una na why una dey feel funky for this corntree.
Re: Akpata: Good Judge Emerging In Nigeria Is By Luck, Says Ex-NBA President by 2elliot: 11:14pm On Nov 18, 2023
Willie2015:

There is no country in the world...
without rule of law violations...
In China, the law is subject to the “leadership of the Party.”..
D US has its own violations of the rule of law..
"We lied, we cheated, we stole ... It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment,"
U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo
No one cares about perfection of the system, no one expects that. But at least, the good should outweigh the bad, let the people feel the good, and not asked to imagined it.
Re: Akpata: Good Judge Emerging In Nigeria Is By Luck, Says Ex-NBA President by Idiotseverywher: 11:33pm On Nov 18, 2023
DeLaRue:

. This your comment shows how foolish you are, you think from your anus, idiot
Re: Akpata: Good Judge Emerging In Nigeria Is By Luck, Says Ex-NBA President by casualobserver: 11:35pm On Nov 18, 2023
2elliot:
So,which is worse in your eyes: the one telling people who already know the truth about your defective family members the truth, or lying in their face about them even though you know that everyone knows that you are lying?

If they already know, then what is the purpose of your saying it? Did they ask you? Even if they did, emotional intelligence dictates you diplomatically avoid the subject. In his case nobody asked him, like you said they already know. he just felt a need to throw his country under the bus to project himself.

Anybody with a brain who hears someone bad mouthing his own true or not should have alarm bells ring in his brain. Your family members may be defective but you saying it says a lot o about you…that you are just as defective as your family. It’s like the old adage…beware of people who bring other people’s stories or secrets to you, they will take yours to others…talk less someone who brings his family secrets to you. There are some things that do not come out of your mouth. There are some things that speak to character.

The lack of understanding of this very basic concept shows a lack of emotional intelligence. You would think that adults would understand these basic things.

More importantly what did he expect to gain? That they will come to Nigeria and fix our judiciary? What did he do when he was chairman of NBA, was it it under his watch that lawyers were fighting like touts for conference giveaways? Is he not part of the same NBA that rigged elections? Has he sorted out the bar before accusing the bench? Is it not the same lawyers that compromise judges?

https://punchng.com/efcc-to-arraign-two-for-rigging-nba-election/

Look, jada smith came to the defense of her husband regarding accusations of being gay. She was not there when the incident happened, but she defended her husband… not because he isn’t gay but because of the effect it will have on her and her children. Everybody believes he is gay, the rumors have been out for decades, as his wife, she doesnt need to be the one confirming it. What does she gain by confirming “what people already know”.

We need to use our brains.. yes we have issues but we are creating bigger issues by airing dirty linen in public. All these nonsense of reporting to EU, reporting to US, writing letter to Biden, disgracing judges at an international bar conference. Has any of this ever solved any problem? No. Instead the stench is now confirmed and applied to all. Nigerians So you and I who are already suffering will now be subject to ridicule and discrimination based on some idiots confirming their already existing perceptions. Like I said earlier, since the whole expedition in Chicago, Nigerian nurses are now subject to extra scrutiny over their qualifications, in time it will extend to other Nigerian certificates. Meanwhile what were you expecting to gain from the Chicago university drama. The school said he attended and graduated and even if he forged his certificate as you claimed, it is inadmissible. So you just tarnished an entire country for nothing.

Sometimes, the way you react to a situation especially adversity say more about you than those who wronged you…please try and remember that as you go through life. You can gain respect or lose it by the way you react or refuse to react.

1 Like

Re: Akpata: Good Judge Emerging In Nigeria Is By Luck, Says Ex-NBA President by Idiotseverywher: 11:49pm On Nov 18, 2023
Alliswell248:

He knows he can't win....so he has to do this to blackmail the judiciary.
Judges works with evidence and not hear say. Did you win....provide evidence...and not story.

Election is neither online nor by insult. But in the street....
AA was overconfident
Likewise PO relying on fake poll and noise makers online
BAT gave everything ...we all saw it.

The rest is history today.
Nigeria is in a safe hand. Oluwa is involved.
. Yellow bar people and APC members are horrible people, I never such race

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission / Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba / Youths Pray For President Buhari And Nigeria In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.