Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments (73828 Views)

Married Guys That Relocated To The UK, Whats Your Experience / Nigerian Man Shows Impressive Transformation Years After He Relocated Abroad / This Is What Canada Looks Like During The Second Phase Of The Lock Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by KingLion007(m): 12:43am On Nov 19, 2023
Guyman make we do exchange na.
Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by LONEWOLFJOHN: 12:44am On Nov 19, 2023
Paragon311:
Better adjust to the environment sharply....
I understand what he meant. Imagine meh Suya batcher by that roadside, woman wey dey roast 🌽, agberos. Rickety cars that catches fire people running up and down. All these things make Nigeria fun. The moment you change environment as Nigerian? You become silk

1 Like

Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by godwon01(m): 12:55am On Nov 19, 2023
The place is just like that . That is what used to be in diaspora. Even in some places in the UK, it is like that. Oyinbo people don't walk up and down like Nigerian .In an isolated areas like that , they get access to populated areas with their cars. Don't use this to discourage people back home. With time , you will get use to the environment.

1 Like

Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by Charx122: 12:57am On Nov 19, 2023
envoymedia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkwnZo2uymE

Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Laments After Relocating To Canada (Video)

Since you went to search for peace of mind from hustling and burstling, of Nigeria now your uncomfortable..

You don't need peace you just need trouble find your way back to Nigeria period.

1 Like

Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by grandstar(m): 1:15am On Nov 19, 2023
etrange:
To those saying he should focus on making money and forget about isolation, what you guys fail to understand is that one cannot make money if he isn't in good mental and physical health. To those saying he should come back or stop complaining, the dude only shared his observation. That doesn't necessarily mean Nigeria is better. The truth is that when you travel, you'll see things that you wish weren't the case, and there's nothing bad in sharing them. Canada welcomed a lot of Nigerians this year, so expect to see more threads like this.

As a canadian citizen myself, my advice to the dude is to fearlessly put himself out there. The life we want doesn't come by chance especially in a place like Canada where your next-door neighbor doesn't even know what you look like. You'll have to cautiously put yourself in a position to meet and interact with people and stay open minded while at it (origin, race, religion, sexuality, class etc. shouldn't be a barrier). Go to meet-ups (meetup.com), get volunteer jobs to give back to the community and meet people, go to the gym, bars or pubs aren't bad if it's your thing, go to the office even if you're allowed to work from home, join new-comer programs, etc. Show genuine interest in people. Trust me, they're also looking for connections. Some of these things will backfire. You'll meet some people that will treat you badly or some annoying people, but don't worry. Once you make one friend, it'll double your potentials to make more cause they'll bring thier own friends into the mix. And once you have a healthy social circle, you won't see Canada as an isolation camp anymore.

Again, he should find a balance between being the guy that knows how to save money and the guy that knows how to stay simulated. Some people move to cheaper cities to save money but end up destroying their mental health cause these small cities are very laid-back and they are not as diverse as the big ones. Depending on your personality, it might pay you more to live in a small condo in the city center than in a house in the suburbs. We say wants over needs, but sometimes, we confuse our needs as just wants and we end up neglecting them. Pay attention.

Good luck!

Many of those reading this think oyinbo land na heaven. It is when they get there themselves, they'll realize the difference.

There's this Christian sister of mine who is trying hard to travel to Canada. She has 2 daughters who she'd like to bring over within 6 months.

I have tried to subtly warn her to be prepared for the harsh realities but she isn't listening. She's in her 40s and her daughter's are barely teenagers.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by Kingzjayzee: 1:20am On Nov 19, 2023
JASONjnr:

You chose to see it as grace..... I chose to call it luck.

How is that disturbing your peace?
grin grin grin
Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by Kingzjayzee: 1:21am On Nov 19, 2023
Come back make another person go abeg. No time. cheesy
Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by Stallione(m): 1:40am On Nov 19, 2023
As for me i choose isolation to God's forsaken and fvcked zoo nation undecided

1 Like

Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by Pointnoire(m): 1:53am On Nov 19, 2023
What a moronic post the video was probably shot late in the evening in summer when the sun sets quite late ..try 10pm. Every hardworking person is indoors getting ready for work the next day, also look the way you’re dressed a bit ghetto if you ask me, I would believe this guy if he shoots another video that he is back in Nigeria permanently or else this another video trying to discourage Nigerians from migrating to Canada 🇨🇦

2 Likes

Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by onadana: 3:12am On Nov 19, 2023
cyberguy72:
Come back home na

No mind am....just dey run mouth.Dey find who to talk to,who send you....

1 Like

Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by damzy88: 3:37am On Nov 19, 2023
cool
etrange:
To those saying he should focus on making money and forget about isolation, what you guys fail to understand is that one cannot make money if he isn't in good mental and physical health. To those saying he should come back or stop complaining, the dude only shared his observation. That doesn't necessarily mean Nigeria is better. The truth is that when you travel, you'll see things that you wish weren't the case, and there's nothing bad in sharing them. Canada welcomed a lot of Nigerians this year, so expect to see more threads like this.

As a canadian citizen myself, my advice to the dude is to fearlessly put himself out there. The life we want doesn't come by chance especially in a place like Canada where your next-door neighbor doesn't even know what you look like. You'll have to cautiously put yourself in a position to meet and interact with people and stay open minded while at it (origin, race, religion, sexuality, class etc. shouldn't be a barrier). Go to meet-ups (meetup.com), get volunteer jobs to give back to the community and meet people, go to the gym, bars or pubs aren't bad if it's your thing, go to the office even if you're allowed to work from home, join new-comer programs, etc. Show genuine interest in people. Trust me, they're also looking for connections. Some of these things will backfire. You'll meet some people that will treat you badly or some annoying people, but don't worry. Once you make one friend, it'll double your potentials to make more cause they'll bring thier own friends into the mix. And once you have a healthy social circle, you won't see Canada as an isolation camp anymore.

Again, he should find a balance between being the guy that knows how to save coolmoney and the guy that knows how to stay simulated. Some people move to cheaper cities to save money but end up destroying their mental health cause these small cities are very laid-back and they are not as diverse as the big ones. Depending on your personality, it might pay you more to live in a small condo in the city center than in a house in the suburbs. We say wants over needs, but sometimes, we confuse our needs as just wants and we end up neglecting them. Pay attention.

Good luck!
cool
Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by miketayo(m): 3:38am On Nov 19, 2023
ghettochild:
He's just stating the obvious n ya all downplaying that fact.
Most of think each province in canada is as densely populated like Lagos and other towns are..
I pray u go there n see for urself .
What people need when they get there is adjustment to everything including socialization.

There is no place as densely populated like lagos in canada, even Toronto is just like Abj

1 Like

Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by vanunu: 3:58am On Nov 19, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Heheheheheee... True o. If he was actually coming from those estates in vi and ikoyi which are similar in serenity to these areas in the abroad, he won't complain. Maybe na munshin guy. cheesy. LoL
The difference is that you can go down town in the evening to have drink with your friends

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by FinidiGeorge: 4:08am On Nov 19, 2023
ravensckar:
You see Nigerians and stubbornness are like bread & butter. angry angry

To Nigerians, only money matters and not their happiness or mental health. Despite this guy's video, many will happily change places with him only to get there and start lamenting too. Canada & U.K is not for the faint hearted o. cheesy cheesy
Gbam! Dem no dey hear word until dem collect. We too much overestimate earthly conditions and have not been able to see its true nature. Them think one paradise dey available in this mortal world. Na experience go teach everyone 😅😅

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by TheSuperX(m): 4:31am On Nov 19, 2023
He wants everyone to know that he's in Canada, oloshi. 😂😂

2 Likes

Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by Airoflaw(m): 4:58am On Nov 19, 2023
Please come back let's exchange name and give me your visa.nigerians sometimes can be annoying

1 Like

Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by McLizbae: 5:15am On Nov 19, 2023
This is the star comment. I wish I can always remember all that is written here.
etrange:

Again, he should find a balance between being the guy that knows how to save money and the guy that knows how to stay simulated. Some people move to cheaper cities to save money but end up destroying their mental health cause these small cities are very laid-back and they are not as diverse as the big ones. Depending on your personality, it might pay you more to live in a small condo in the city center than in a house in the suburbs. We say wants over needs, but sometimes, we confuse our needs as just wants and we end up neglecting them. Pay attention.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by Newborn27(f): 5:39am On Nov 19, 2023
Come let's switch places...I don't like crowded places from onset.... I think that isolation fits my personality.

1 Like

Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by sukkot: 6:02am On Nov 19, 2023
FinidiGeorge:

Gbam! Dem no dey hear word until dem collect. We too much overestimate earthly conditions and have not been able to see its true nature. Them think one paradise dey available in this mortal world. Na experience go teach everyone 😅😅
this is real wisdom. i see you my guy shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by Makinaki: 6:23am On Nov 19, 2023
Morenikeji090:
Nothing like lucky... It's called grace

Sharrap! Fake religiosity kee you there.
Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by smasher1(m): 6:32am On Nov 19, 2023
Morenikeji090:
Nothing like lucky... It's called grace

It's not lucky, it's not grace. The right word is fortunate. Let's pray to get the best person to live with for the rest of our lives.
Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by smasher1(m): 6:33am On Nov 19, 2023
JASONjnr:

The right word is fortunate, not lucky or grace.
Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by Anabosee(m): 6:37am On Nov 19, 2023
JASONjnr:

To konk that graceful guy head de hungry me this early morning.
Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by Nobodyany1: 6:48am On Nov 19, 2023
etrange:

Good luck!
You spoke so excellently boss. Apt and witty!
Wish you could be my mentor.
Please, can I send you a PM?
Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by subcbouy: 7:15am On Nov 19, 2023
Just get food and WiFi in your home, you don't need noisy and unpleasant crowd.
Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by viodemus: 7:45am On Nov 19, 2023
lol.

maybe you get enough bar or good financial support from relatives

E be like say na country side (village) you go, you for go toronto or other 247 cities.

E be like say you na newly arrived.
if you be, lay low.

If you find yourself for place like this,
lay low. E dey calm for a reason, their laws dey dey funny.

You go dey play around too much, de building cameras dey record you, you think say na so, come dey spread. Na when dem begin call ekelebe for you for loitering. Hope say you dun get your paper o, na who get paper and who dun stay small, know how to move around

If you spread too much, you and ekelebe go get contact, after 2 to 3 or whatever times, your paper go begin dey enter court, from there you and them go dey talk story, say one thing do one thing, before you know it, 2 years dun pass, like play, dem go now put you for go back mata (depo) proceeding, you and dem go dey fight am for court, 5 years dun go. Your career never stable, nobody dey gree you stay with them again, you dun dey be burden. Na so so court payment, your lawyer, etc. And all these na if you never enter another case during these times, that one be say you go talk tire. If you get work, even if na drive by window, dem fit fire you after you miss sometime.

If you no dey work, you go explain why for your court case, wey go dey make your depo more likely; towns like this, dem fit dey give you 1 or 2 or 3 meals a day if you go gree go homeless shelter, but not when you get ekelebe issue or court mata.

Mind your business, e fit even be place where people choose that quite life, not really a don't talk to me area, but more so, a respect yourself area. No ra ra.
E get some cities, you no go fit dey video everywhere in public, e get some wey e no matter. E get some road trials, wey no passage at a certain time, then e no matter after a certain time.

Just know your laws, and start building yourself or honing on your future strategies. You need to get a job, then plan your upgrade, so that you go fit shape your future early.
No go harass anybody, some aggressive way of asking questions sef, fit reach for misunderstanding, then high voices, then ekelebe go show if the shouting go on a little long.

If you wan comot, do your search, call places, get address, then go. When you get to the club or party, or bars you go see people. Them go dey more receptive to socializing.

I remember my early days for Brazil, my first 3 weeks, (story for another day), one guy tell me say
"dont confuse a clear view, for/as a short distance" .

1 Like

Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by jhubril(m): 8:00am On Nov 19, 2023
So fed up with all these crappy stories of life's shenanigans in the West. Must you "japa" in the first place? Many of you are just stupid and lazy fools looking for the easy way, forgetting that the life you experienced in your shithole is not the same over there. Mtcheew.

1 Like

Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by Theevilone(m): 8:15am On Nov 19, 2023
ViktorCash:
That explains the high number of mental illnesses over there. Supermarket killings,school shootings and so on. Everything good in life comes with a price tag sha.

Hia, so as Naija fun reach na em mental illness no plenty here, abi the shooting for here no pass any oyibo country?
Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by 2mch(m): 9:30am On Nov 19, 2023
You no know anything yet. Shebi you wan Japa? Winter starts in December. Then you will know what loneliness is. It will be so quiet and lonely you will hear all your thoughts.

1 Like

Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by Love800(m): 9:32am On Nov 19, 2023
Hello
Can explain to me how one can get a lecturing job in canada?
Please. Tank u
ednut1:
skydiving is meant to be a one time activity or once in like 5 years. The risk of dying from it is high.
Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by Hassanmaye(m): 9:50am On Nov 19, 2023
envoymedia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkwnZo2uymE

Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Laments After Relocating To Canada (Video)
Na lie let him come back, all this won't stop me from japa
Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by Nuzo1(m): 10:01am On Nov 19, 2023
Hamachi:
There's usually the cultural, environmental and physical shock grin everyone is equal, I recall a Nigerian seeing the prime minister walking on the streets without heavily guarded and she went up to him and did a live video and it trended on socials.

He’s a liar then.

If he’s complaining about the harsh cold weather or maybe the “tasteless’ food, I could give him a little pass. But expecting to meet a bunch of noisy and violent dudes playing monkey post football in the streets of a sane environment is not a culture shock. It’s stupidity.

Even in Nigeria, he can’t have that stupid luxury in some neighborhoods. It’s not culture shock in some of these Nigerian neighborhoods but all of a sudden, it’s culture shock as soon as he lands in Canada.

That was how I met one Lagos boy outside the country some years back and he was seriously lamenting on how he misses the chaotic Lagos over a very orderly environment. I just left him abruptly. I never talked to him again until I left the city. Rolling with those kinds of people will put you in trouble over there. Before you know, he will convince you to join him in setting up a monkey post in the middle of the street.

Look, their major problem is that they don’t have anyone to oppress over there.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here / Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) / How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.