Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments (73848 Views)

Married Guys That Relocated To The UK, Whats Your Experience / Nigerian Man Shows Impressive Transformation Years After He Relocated Abroad / This Is What Canada Looks Like During The Second Phase Of The Lock Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by Josywhyte: 10:03am On Nov 19, 2023
Looks like isolation camp but still one million times better than this shit hole called Nigeria
Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by jclassiq(m): 10:27am On Nov 19, 2023
Isolate my niqqa
Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by Nuzo1(m): 10:30am On Nov 19, 2023
grandstar:

Many of those reading this think oyinbo land na heaven. It is when they get there themselves, they'll realize the difference.

There's this Christian sister of mine who is trying hard to travel to Canada. She has 2 daughters who she'd like to bring over within 6 months.

I have tried to subtly warn her to be prepared for the harsh realities but she isn't listening. She's in her 40s and her daughter's are barely teenagers.

Sir, what exactly is your point?

That she will not do well if she comes to Canada?

That she can’t cope since there are no rickety cars, gala sellers, aboki kiosk, church and mosque speakers producing noise pollution 24hrs a day?

That she won’t have a housemaid she will be maltreating and paying N7,000 a month?

That she won’t be driving a Lexus Es 350 and be feeling like someone who owns a private jet?

Or just the ‘loneliness’ and cold?

What exactly is your fear for her?

Look sir, Canada is by no means near heaven. I for one does not encourage or discourage people from traveling for greener pastures. But I can never understand why once you are a Nigerian, you are expected to love noise, disorderliness, chaos and should enjoy people worshipping you because of material things.

Some people didn’t travel to Canada to make money alone but to enjoy exactly the lifestyle the op is complaining about.

Let the woman breathe abeg.

1 Like

Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by FinidiGeorge: 10:58am On Nov 19, 2023
sukkot:
this is real wisdom. i see you my guy shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Lol... It's a great honor for someone like you to react to my comment like this. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by Thegoodone13(m): 11:11am On Nov 19, 2023
Morenikeji090:
Nothing like luck.. respect that correction.
verb
lucked; luck​ing; lucks
Definition (Entry 2 of 2)
intransitive ​verb
1: to prosper or succeed especially through chance or good fortune —usually used with out
//the hero lucks out and is able to escape
2: to come upon something desirable by chance —usually used with out, on, onto, or into
//lucked into a wonderful opportunity
Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by Thegoodone13(m): 11:12am On Nov 19, 2023
JASONjnr:

You chose to see it as grace..... I chose to call it luck.

How is that disturbing your peace?

Don't mind him

verb
lucked; luck​ing; lucks
Definition (Entry 2 of 2)
intransitive ​verb
1: to prosper or succeed especially through chance or good fortune —usually used with out
//the hero lucks out and is able to escape
2: to come upon something desirable by chance —usually used with out, on, onto, or into
//lucked into a wonderful opportunity
Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by sukkot: 12:37pm On Nov 19, 2023
FinidiGeorge:

Lol... It's a great honor for someone like you to react to my comment like this. cool
oh i was thoroughly impressed. thats the koko of the whole japa issue. people chasing heaven on earth when they are not qualified. they will always be disappointed . great stuff bro grin
Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by Gafferde: 1:51pm On Nov 19, 2023
Goke7:
All these gen z wey never mature enough to japa

Dude Dey find where e go play ball as if na mushin e Dey grin
cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by ednut1(m): 2:03pm On Nov 19, 2023
Love800:
Hello
Can explain to me how one can get a lecturing job in canada?
Please. Tank u
not possible from Nigeria . Unless maybe you are one renowned professor or you are in Canada already.
Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by hademmy: 2:30pm On Nov 19, 2023
Just passed to ask a question, please after Biometrics submitted at canada embassy on visit visa,like how many months will the feedback?
Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by etrange: 3:35pm On Nov 19, 2023
Nobodyany1:

You spoke so excellently boss. Apt and witty!
Wish you could be my mentor.
Please, can I send you a PM?

Sorry, boss. I'm still mentor my myself. cheesy
Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by Calitoscassius(m): 3:39pm On Nov 19, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin Why do you think most of us and oyibo people drink so much alcohol, sniff cocaine, smoke weed, sleep around and go clubbing every weekend? Fool!
Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by Love800(m): 4:04pm On Nov 19, 2023
Tank u.
Talking abt being in canada already, how do i achieve dat? Does it mean i will process student visa?
ednut1:
not possible from Nigeria . Unless maybe you are one renowned professor or you are in Canada already.
Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by Mrniceguy001: 4:05pm On Nov 19, 2023
JASONjnr:
As if he wasn't told that before leaving the zoo.

This is always the impression untill they get used to the lifestyle and the environment.

Some get lucky and settle with a beautiful white girl and some w*nk off for the rest of their life there.

This looks like some tales from a story book 😂😂😂
Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by ednut1(m): 4:07pm On Nov 19, 2023
Love800:
Tank u.
Talking abt being in canada already, how do i achieve dat? Does it mean i will process student visa?
how does student visa relate to getting a job Lecturers generally have advanced degrees here and start out as teaching assistants. There are many of them on LinkedIn , search for them. Unless you can find your way there as a PR or to a lesser extent students dem fit help you

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ikechukwu?utm_source=share&utm_campaign=share_via&utm_content=profile&utm_medium=ios_app
Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by Love800(m): 4:22pm On Nov 19, 2023
Hello, sorry to interupt u.
Dis ur post, confused me.
Can u be informal while talking to me.

My question is
How do i enta canada?
ednut1:
how does student visa relate to getting a job Lecturers generally have advanced degrees here and start out as teaching assistants. There are many of them on LinkedIn , search for them. Unless you can find your way there as a PR or to a lesser extent students dem fit help you

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ikechukwu?utm_source=share&utm_campaign=share_via&utm_content=profile&utm_medium=ios_app
Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by Griffon(m): 4:23pm On Nov 19, 2023
Bliss62:
cool

You traveled for education or hustle not socializing

Naso Akon sef sing lonely am so lonely , I have nobody to call my own

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by ednut1(m): 4:25pm On Nov 19, 2023
Love800:
Hello, sorry to interupt u.
Dis ur post, confused me.
Can u be informal while talking to me.

My question is
How do i enta canada?

https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled If you meet the requirements or student visa if you have the money
https://www.nairaland.com/7776621/canadian-student-visa-thread-part
Go and research dont be lazy😒
Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by Love800(m): 4:32pm On Nov 19, 2023
I admire ur intelligence.
But u are too formal with people.

Anyways, tanks alot
ednut1:

https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled If you meet the requirements or student visa if you have the money
https://www.nairaland.com/7776621/canadian-student-visa-thread-part
Go and research dont be lazy😒
Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by ednut1(m): 4:35pm On Nov 19, 2023
Love800:
I admire ur intelligence.
But u are too formal with people.

Anyways, tanks alot
Canada immigration is formal mostly. If you want informal talks - na Libya you go follow be that 🤣
Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by Love800(m): 4:41pm On Nov 19, 2023
No not dat.
Atleast just point or state avenues i can do to get there.

Wat if i was a layman who doesnt know all these terminologies?

I still admire your intelligence but soften a bit
ednut1:
Canada immigration is formal mostly. If you want informal talks - na Libya you go follow be that 🤣
Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by sylve11: 4:41pm On Nov 19, 2023
RepoMan007:
Go and drag him back home.

Why wetin him talk dey vex you na? 😆 😁 cool
Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by RepoMan007: 4:43pm On Nov 19, 2023
sylve11:

Why wetin him talk dey vex you na? 😆 😁 cool
wetin you talk make any sense?
Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by sylve11: 4:56pm On Nov 19, 2023
RepoMan007:
wetin you talk make any sense?

Nor be me talk am na 😆 🤣 😂 cool
Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by ghettochild(m): 9:21pm On Nov 19, 2023
etrange:
To those saying he should focus on making money and forget about isolation, what you guys fail to understand is that one cannot make money if he isn't in good mental and physical health. To those saying he should come back or stop complaining, the dude only shared his observation. That doesn't necessarily mean Nigeria is better. The truth is that when you travel, you'll see things that you wish weren't the case, and there's nothing bad in sharing them. Canada welcomed a lot of Nigerians this year, so expect to see more threads like this.

As a canadian citizen myself, my advice to the dude is to fearlessly put himself out there. The life we want doesn't come by chance especially in a place like Canada where your next-door neighbor doesn't even know what you look like. You'll have to cautiously put yourself in a position to meet and interact with people and stay open minded while at it (origin, race, religion, sexuality, class etc. shouldn't be a barrier). Go to meet-ups (meetup.com), get volunteer jobs to give back to the community and meet people, go to the gym, bars or pubs aren't bad if it's your thing, go to the office even if you're allowed to work from home, join new-comer programs, etc. Show genuine interest in people. Trust me, they're also looking for connections. Some of these things will backfire. You'll meet some people that will treat you badly or some annoying people, but don't worry. Once you make one friend, it'll double your potentials to make more cause they'll bring thier own friends into the mix. And once you have a healthy social circle, you won't see Canada as an isolation camp anymore.

Again, he should find a balance between being the guy that knows how to save money and the guy that knows how to stay simulated. Some people move to cheaper cities to save money but end up destroying their mental health cause these small cities are very laid-back and they are not as diverse as the big ones. Depending on your personality, it might pay you more to live in a small condo in the city center than in a house in the suburbs. We say wants over needs, but sometimes, we confuse our needs as just wants and we end up neglecting them. Pay attention.

Good luck!
Thanks for this..
When I commented...all these attack dogs came for me...
They don't even know what mental health means... They think it's all bout making money....
Them think say Canada be like ajegunle wey u fit stroll go the next street to see ur friend.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by koolaid87: 11:54pm On Nov 19, 2023
Oga you better no jay walk make dem no arrest you.

Road wey no get potholes better pass one wey don turn death trap
Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by Kennyg290: 7:03am On Nov 20, 2023
Our views on Canada must be divergent ,I know a family who have been there for the past 40yrs doing averagely well and I look onto them. Such people can never see Cana as isolation camp.

1 Like

Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by Teema4720(f): 9:51am On Nov 20, 2023
lonely at the Top, Lonely lonely lonely... ask Asake y him sing the song...

1 Like

Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by Segzy19: 2:46pm On Nov 20, 2023
This one just travel... He is still in shock...
That's why..

He go soon blend

1 Like

Re: Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments by Hamachi(f): 10:23pm On Nov 21, 2023
Nuzo1:

He’s a liar then.

If he’s complaining about the harsh cold weather or maybe the “tasteless’ food, I could give him a little pass. But expecting to meet a bunch of noisy and violent dudes playing monkey post football in the streets of a sane environment is not a culture shock. It’s stupidity.

Even in Nigeria, he can’t have that stupid luxury in some neighborhoods. It’s not culture shock in some of these Nigerian neighborhoods but all of a sudden, it’s culture shock as soon as he lands in Canada.

That was how I met one Lagos boy outside the country some years back and he was seriously lamenting on how he misses the chaotic Lagos over a very orderly environment. I just left him abruptly. I never talked to him again until I left the city. Rolling with those kinds of people will put you in trouble over there. Before you know, he will convince you to join him in setting up a monkey post in the middle of the street.

Look, their major problem is that they don’t have anyone to oppress over there.
grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) / Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here / How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.