Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,177 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Bill Gates On Being A Billionaire - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bill Gates On Being A Billionaire (785 Views)

Bill Gates Dab In New Photo / How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! / Interesting Facts About Bill Gates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bill Gates On Being A Billionaire by Seun(m): 8:10am On Oct 28, 2011
A student from Beijing said her dream as a child was to be one of the richest people on Earth, so she asked Gates “what is one word of advice that you would give to someone like me to become someone like you?”

“I didn’t start out with the dream of being super-rich. And even after we started Microsoft, and the guys who ran Intel—Gordon Moore and those guys—were billionaires, I was like, ‘Wow, that must be strange.’ And so—it is, it’s quite strange,” he said to laughs from the crowd.

“But I think most people who’ve done well have sort of found something that they just are kind of nuts about doing. And then they figure out a system to hire their friends to do it with them. And if it’s an area of great impact, then sometimes you get financial independence,” Gates said.

“But wealth above a certain level, really, it’s a responsibility that then you’re going have to either, a.) leave it to your children, which may or may not be good for them, or b.) try to be smart about giving it away.

“So I can understand wanting to have millions of dollars, because there’s meaningful freedom that comes with that. But once you get much beyond that—you know, I have to tell you, it’s the same hamburger. Dick’s has not raised their prices enough,” Gates said to laughs. “But, you know, being ambitious is good. You just have to pick what you enjoy doing.”

http://www.xconomy.com/seattle/2011/10/27/bill-gates-uw/
Re: Bill Gates On Being A Billionaire by leMuhito(f): 10:08am On Oct 28, 2011
Why can't I leave my billions to my children if they were well trained on money management?

(1) (Reply)

Elubo Milling Business / How Does XYZ Technology Work? / How To Find The People Who Will Buy Whatever You Want To Sell To Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.