Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,603 members, 7,816,500 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

My PC Is Malfunctioning - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My PC Is Malfunctioning (196 Views)

My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) / What Laptop (pc)is Best For Students / My PC Is Malfunctioning, Please Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My PC Is Malfunctioning by pezik(m): 6:05pm On Nov 18, 2023
Help, my PC is malfunctioning!!!
I'm a computer science Student and as such I've installed all manner of programming apps, extensions and setups on my PC. I've also been guilty of some hacks and cracks to avoid payment of activation fees and others for some of my softwares. But of recent, my PC just continuously deletes all my programming apps (vs code, pycharm, etc) by default for no reason. If I redownload them and install they work fine but immediately I close the software, the system delete render the app to 0byte (in that it delete it without uninstalling leave the blank icon for me) even the setup is simultaneously located and rendered to 0byte. If I so I'll have to download again the same setup to use these software. (Note: This is limited to all my programming software and exclusive my MS Offics, graphic and video animation apps and the others).
I have to download and save these setups in hidden WinRAR folder to avoid my continue download Everytime. I've been using these PC for the pass 4years now and I've experience with multiple PC . I assume left my PC aside and shared my roommate PC for working but same fate has just face his system and I can't point out what's responsible. Both PC are 8gb ram, one of the is 455gb rom with enough free space while the other is hybrid totaling 450gb rom.
I can't find any solution in Microsoft forums and others.
Re: My PC Is Malfunctioning by Zhark007: 6:07pm On Nov 18, 2023
Ok so make your helper ask wetin do the pc before you go talk abi mumu piipu
Re: My PC Is Malfunctioning by pezik(m): 6:32pm On Nov 18, 2023
These toxic behaviors make me absent myself from most unproductive social media platforms
Re: My PC Is Malfunctioning by 4KNGOATS(m): 6:41pm On Nov 18, 2023
pezik:
Help, my PC is malfunctioning!!!
I'm a computer science Student and as such I've installed all manner of programming apps, extensions and setups on my PC. I've also been guilty of some hacks and cracks to avoid payment of activation fees and others for some of my softwares. But of recent, my PC just continuously deletes all my programming apps (vs code, pycharm, etc) by default for no reason. If I redownload them and install they work fine but immediately I close the software, the system delete render the app to 0byte (in that it delete it without uninstalling leave the blank icon for me) even the setup is simultaneously located and rendered to 0byte. If I so I'll have to download again the same setup to use these software. (Note: This is limited to all my programming software and exclusive my MS Offics, graphic and video animation apps and the others).
I have to download and save these setups in hidden WinRAR folder to avoid my continue download Everytime. I've been using these PC for the pass 4years now and I've experience with multiple PC . I assume left my PC aside and shared my roommate PC for working but same fate has just face his system and I can't point out what's responsible. Both PC are 8gb ram, one of the is 455gb rom with enough free space while the other is hybrid totaling 450gb rom.
I can't find any solution in Microsoft forums and others.
Okey ......this what I think you could do.
Locate your anti virus if you have any installed and disable it until restart then do the followings;
Go to your window security/virus protection.disable real-time protection and other protections.
Go to exclusions and exclude all your installed softwares. Close win security and then restart PC. Note: you must carry out the above procedures before installing malfunctioning softwares. Additional tips-make sure you're not using multiple third party anti virus as they disrupts each other. Thank me later
Re: My PC Is Malfunctioning by Pray4Nigeria: 6:41pm On Nov 18, 2023
Which antivirus do you have on it?
Re: My PC Is Malfunctioning by davidadenrele: 6:48pm On Nov 18, 2023
Do you want to tell you the truth your system need upgraded first the present issue you have has to do with your OS your system is serious infected with a virus most likely a Trojan virus according to your description of issue of files and software deleting itself, to achieve you need to first get a genuine windows 10 OS, secondly upgrade your system memory to achieve a fast and useful system.

Find a good system engineer that would help achieve this but please insist in buying genuine windows 10 OS.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: My PC Is Malfunctioning by pezik(m): 6:49pm On Nov 18, 2023
Pray4Nigeria:
Which antivirus do you have on it?
I've been using Quick Heal for more than a year now
Re: My PC Is Malfunctioning by Pray4Nigeria: 6:58pm On Nov 18, 2023
pezik:

I've been using Quick Heal for more than a year now

Enter into SAFE mode on laptop.
Download the Kaspersky Scanner (not to be installed). Adjust the scan settings and scan the entire PC while in safe mode.

https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/free-virus-removal-tool

OR

Download the EMISISOFT EMERGENCY KIT, portable file.

https://www.emsisoft.com/en/home/emergency-kit/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My PC Is Malfunctioning by Veiniously: 7:26pm On Nov 18, 2023
Virus most likely Trojan.
It has been transferred to the other system using flashdrive or Bluetooth.
Solution get smatdav antivirus it will display the virus.
Make sure you delete them and restart system.

Make sure you scan your flash drive or external drive so you can disinfect them or else you will infect the systems again
Re: My PC Is Malfunctioning by Joezik(m): 11:02pm On Nov 18, 2023
Pray4Nigeria:

Enter into SAFE mode on laptop.
Download the Kaspersky Scanner (not to be installed). Adjust the scan settings and scan the entire PC while in safe mode.

https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/free-virus-removal-tool

OR

Download the EMISISOFT EMERGENCY KIT, portable file.

https://www.emsisoft.com/en/home/emergency-kit/

Best reply
Re: My PC Is Malfunctioning by CamelCase: 11:53am On Nov 19, 2023
I keep telling people, your windows defender is your best antivirus, just keep it updated and running.

Your PC is infected, you can either Install a new Os or run a full System Scan/Diagnosis/repair on your PC. Using windowns defender(updated).

Thank me later

(1) (Reply)

My HP Notebook Turns On And Off Repeatedly! Please Help! / What’s Pushing More And More Windows Users To Linux? / Its Fast , Its Free Dowload Yes IPTV : The Best IP TV Server Watch Everything

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.