Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:30 PM

What Is Edi Abali In Kalabari And The Igbo Connection? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Edi Abali In Kalabari And The Igbo Connection? (736 Views)

Happy Birthday To A Dependable Warlord, Asari Dokubo- Da Edi- Abali / Governor Wike Commissions Ogbum-nu-abali Fruit Garden Market / New Biafra TV Displays Nsibidi Origin; Ejagham, Efik And Igbo Connection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Edi Abali In Kalabari And The Igbo Connection? by jmoore(m): 7:36pm On Nov 18, 2023
For Igbos, you may have heard someone being called 'Edi abali' because he sleeps too much in the day.
Edi abali is known as civet in English language. It is a nocturnal animal.

So yesterday, I was listening to Nigeriainfo Portharcourt and there was an ad about a ceremony in Kalabari. I didn't pay attention to the details but what caught my attention is when they mentioned Edi abali.
Re: What Is Edi Abali In Kalabari And The Igbo Connection? by successmatters(m): 7:38pm On Nov 18, 2023
I have about the edi, but not abali
Re: What Is Edi Abali In Kalabari And The Igbo Connection? by jmoore(m): 7:39pm On Nov 18, 2023
successmatters:
I have about the edi, but not abali
Same thing. Edi or Edi abali can be used.
Re: What Is Edi Abali In Kalabari And The Igbo Connection? by Obaofpigs: 7:44pm On Nov 18, 2023
Kalabari are a sub IGBO group...

Apart from slight 'dialect variations' they observe customs and traditions that are very much similar.

What I know for a fact is that no tribe in Rivers State eats GBEGIRI or Amala as a traditional staple food.

So Yoruba traditional beliefs is alien in Rivers State.

Rivers is IGBO and IGBO is Rivers.. cheesy

5 Likes

(1) (Reply)

You Cant do federal Projects In Southeast / . / EFCC vs Bobrisky: Why I Disagree With OdinKalu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.