Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Governor Wike Commissions Ogbum-nu-abali Fruit Garden Market - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Wike Commissions Ogbum-nu-abali Fruit Garden Market (43097 Views)

Governor Wike Commissions The 11th Flyover In Rivers State / Wike Commissions Gunboats Built By Abitto Global In Rivers (Photos) / Wike Commissions Judges Quarters, Names It After SAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Wike Commissions Ogbum-nu-abali Fruit Garden Market by silverbirdng(f): 4:56pm On Sep 24, 2019
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has commissioned the ultra-modern Ogbum-Nu-Abali Fruit Garden Market , which was razed down by fire last year.

Commissioning the project on Tuesday, Governor Wike announced that the State Government will allocate shops to traders who owned shops in the market before it got burnt.

He said: "Let me assure all of you , that those who are traders here will get back their shops. We already have the names of these traders.

"We shall also allocate shops to the host community of Ogbum-nu-Abali. Thereafter, we shall ballot, if there are shops remaining ".

Governor Wike announced that henceforth, the market would be known and called "Ogbum-nu-Abali Fruit Garden Market to reflect the host community.

"We must begin to reflect the names of the communities where projects are allocated. This is important ", he said.

The Governor warned the traders against selling on the road. He said there are shops and spaces to accommodate all traders within the market.

He urged the traders to always pay their taxes because such taxes would be used to develop more projects for other residents of the state.

He recalled that the market was razed down during the campaign period. According to him, several political groups made promises, but only the Rivers State Government was able to redeem its pledge.

Governor Wike stated that fire fighting equipment would be installed in the market to forestall future occurrence of fire outbreak.

Mayor of Port Harcourt City Local Government Area, Victor Ihunwo said the Rivers State Governor lived up to his promise to the traders. He said that the market is the best of its kind.

"The Traders are celebrating the Market and Governor Wike who has kept his promise", he said.

Chairman of the Ogbum-nu-Abali Fruit Garden Market Traders Association, Chigozie Nnolim expressed gratitude to the Rivers State Governor for delivering the Market to them.

The occasion witnessed Traditional Dances and Wrestling Exhibition Matches by women and host communities.

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/governor-wike-commissions-ogbum-nu-abali-fruit-garden-market/

1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Commissions Ogbum-nu-abali Fruit Garden Market by silverbirdng(f): 5:02pm On Sep 24, 2019

Re: Governor Wike Commissions Ogbum-nu-abali Fruit Garden Market by Bigwin2018: 5:06pm On Sep 24, 2019
Keep delivering on your promises Governor wike and never allow opposition to distract you...

37 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Commissions Ogbum-nu-abali Fruit Garden Market by Flexherbal(m): 5:39pm On Sep 24, 2019
Good!

We need to be seeing results.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Commissions Ogbum-nu-abali Fruit Garden Market by SoNature(m): 6:05pm On Sep 24, 2019
Rivers State is stinking rich.

They deserve better.

Congratulations to the Riverians

35 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Commissions Ogbum-nu-abali Fruit Garden Market by Bitcoin: 6:09pm On Sep 24, 2019
Good job, he is doing what is expected of him. The money spent rebuilding this fruit garden market isn't his money but that of his constituents. Still a commendable thing and he should be given credit.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Wike Commissions Ogbum-nu-abali Fruit Garden Market by ossaisly(m): 6:09pm On Sep 24, 2019
If this man decides to run for 2023 as a president, would you vote for him?

Share for NO

Like for YES

112 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Governor Wike Commissions Ogbum-nu-abali Fruit Garden Market by oluwasegun007(m): 6:09pm On Sep 24, 2019
You cannot but like this man, acting like its his first term...

I know some governors in their first term wey never resume office..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Commissions Ogbum-nu-abali Fruit Garden Market by Mutemenot(m): 6:10pm On Sep 24, 2019
shocked
Re: Governor Wike Commissions Ogbum-nu-abali Fruit Garden Market by soberdrunk(m): 6:11pm On Sep 24, 2019
angry
Re: Governor Wike Commissions Ogbum-nu-abali Fruit Garden Market by Mrsheff(m): 6:11pm On Sep 24, 2019
Governor wey Sabiii..
Wike my man

10 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Commissions Ogbum-nu-abali Fruit Garden Market by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 24, 2019
Someone from Niger delta tribe - Rivers state should come and tell me the meaning of OGBUM-NU-ABALI.

Let it not be the meaning am thinking.

Igboson1.

Good one Wike.

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Commissions Ogbum-nu-abali Fruit Garden Market by BadmanGozie: 6:11pm On Sep 24, 2019
Naija I hail thee
Re: Governor Wike Commissions Ogbum-nu-abali Fruit Garden Market by BRRR: 6:14pm On Sep 24, 2019
Nice one wike

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Commissions Ogbum-nu-abali Fruit Garden Market by Iko5000: 6:14pm On Sep 24, 2019
OP for your mind this is ULTRA modern .

We do accept a lot of crap in this country .

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Commissions Ogbum-nu-abali Fruit Garden Market by Sirpaul(m): 6:15pm On Sep 24, 2019
The middle name for Rivers na Money better money @ that Oil Oil Oil

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Commissions Ogbum-nu-abali Fruit Garden Market by RZArecta2(m): 6:21pm On Sep 24, 2019
Anytime Wike commissions a project, APC children of hate and anger lose their senses. Those zombies need prayers cool

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Wike Commissions Ogbum-nu-abali Fruit Garden Market by nwamabo247(m): 6:22pm On Sep 24, 2019
Hope they maintain it future going.please dear nairalanders pls i need ur help.see my signature below
Re: Governor Wike Commissions Ogbum-nu-abali Fruit Garden Market by Lordjb: 6:22pm On Sep 24, 2019
Okay
Re: Governor Wike Commissions Ogbum-nu-abali Fruit Garden Market by Johnnyessence(m): 6:24pm On Sep 24, 2019
Nyesome Wike is a goal.no party can defeat pdp in the next 2 decades in Rivers state. you have my full support sir.
Re: Governor Wike Commissions Ogbum-nu-abali Fruit Garden Market by solmusdesigns: 6:24pm On Sep 24, 2019
cool

APC awaits you Mr Project

Re: Governor Wike Commissions Ogbum-nu-abali Fruit Garden Market by HopeAtHand: 6:25pm On Sep 24, 2019
MelesZenawi:
Someone from Niger delta tribe - Rivers state should come and tell me the meaning of OGBUM-NU-ABALI.

Igboson1.

Good one Wike.

Make I help you, since you say you need help.

Orogbum community and Oro-abali community both merged to form the community called Ogbum-nu- abali. Roughly translated to English as Ogbum-and-abali. the "nu" is Ikwerre word for "and".

You can keep your thanks.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Wike Commissions Ogbum-nu-abali Fruit Garden Market by ShakaZullu(m): 6:26pm On Sep 24, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
cool

APC awaits you Mr Project

[/s]
APC is bokoharam
tinubu is a bastard drug dealing vagabond
yeroba Muslims are not real yerobas but immigrants from futa jalon that settled in south west
kiss the truth

3 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Commissions Ogbum-nu-abali Fruit Garden Market by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 24, 2019
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10280584_fbimg1569340174544_jpega0dda06b899f017757afd8dc1f1f0406

This is a meme.

Dude may as well be butt naked with wike hailing him.Just have to figure out where it applies.

5 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Commissions Ogbum-nu-abali Fruit Garden Market by verifiablefacts: 6:32pm On Sep 24, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Igboson1.

Good one Wike.
p
those that kill by the night

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Commissions Ogbum-nu-abali Fruit Garden Market by lilfreezy: 6:33pm On Sep 24, 2019
I hate it when we abuse the term ULTRAMODERN

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Commissions Ogbum-nu-abali Fruit Garden Market by oluwaahmed: 6:34pm On Sep 24, 2019
After spending 50m tonye Cole be like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Young Man Saved From Drowning In Suleja Flood Near Abuja. Photos / Ben Murray-bruce’s Reply To A Rude Follower / "Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.