Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

How Do Freelancers Pay Tax? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How Do Freelancers Pay Tax? (238 Views)

Dear Freelancers, What's Your Plan B? / A List Of Freelancers To Avoid - Writers And Outsourcers / Freelancers And Nairaland Writers Attestation Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do Freelancers Pay Tax? by anu3: 9:09pm On Nov 18, 2023
Hello, please could anyone with experience tell me how to full my duties to the government in terms of tax. I've never done it before.

And would I calculate it in dollars or naira; if dollars, will it be in official rate or parallel market rate.

If you know what's right, please let me know.

Thanks.
Re: How Do Freelancers Pay Tax? by immortalcrown(m): 9:21pm On Nov 18, 2023
anu3:
Hello, please could anyone with experience tell me how to full my duties to the government in terms of tax. I've never done it before.

And would I calculate it in dollars or naira; if dollars, will it be in official rate or parallel market rate.

Thanks.
Get a tax number and they will tell you the percentage of your income that is tax.
Re: How Do Freelancers Pay Tax? by wittywriter: 9:26pm On Nov 18, 2023
anu3:

Thanks.
Is it government that set up freelance jobs?
Tax is always part of your expenses you pay for...you need a mentorship on money management.
Do you know that in functional climes citizens get tax refunds?
But if you feel like giving to the government directly from your too much money made via the freelance activities you do then reach out to FIRS...theyll instruct you on how to pay.
anu3:

Hmm... Well, you know some employers/clients do require tax number...
What niche of freelance service(s) do you offer btw.
anu3:

Teaching
Hope you earning up to@least $1k monthly?

Wittyness.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Do Freelancers Pay Tax? by anu3: 9:53pm On Nov 18, 2023
wittywriter:

Tax is always part of your expenses you pay for...you need a mentorship on money management.
But if you feel like giving to the government directly from your too much money made via the freelance activities you do then reach out to FIRS...theyll instruct you on how to pay.

Wittyness.

Hmm... Well, you know some employers/clients do require tax number...
Re: How Do Freelancers Pay Tax? by anu3: 8:12pm On Nov 19, 2023
wittywriter:

What niche of freelance service(s) do you offer btw.

Wittyness.

Teaching
Re: How Do Freelancers Pay Tax? by anu3: 4:05pm On Dec 15, 2023
[quote author=wittywriter post=127042390]

I wouldn't have bothered at all, but you know I got strictly changed after secondary school about 13 years ago—of which I almost passed away.

So, owing to God's command I've embraced taxing whether I like it or not. They told me back then that I would have come by the end of the year as it's once in a year.

But I went to the state board where I registered today to learn about the process, and I perceived I'll most likely get cheated by them, so I think I'll opt for firs online as I told them—I didn't give the reason in detail, though.
Re: How Do Freelancers Pay Tax? by wittywriter: 5:22pm On Dec 15, 2023
Stop quoting me...do whatever that soothe you.

Wittyness
Re: How Do Freelancers Pay Tax? by SonofIsima(m): 2:21pm On Dec 16, 2023
anu3:

Thanks.

Can you please be of help to me. I'm a freelancer and looking forward earning higher. I specifically base on articles writing, and have a good command of English language.
Please, respond to my email message.

Thank you.
Re: How Do Freelancers Pay Tax? by skultrick(m): 11:06pm On Dec 16, 2023
I have never seen a fool like you... How much you dey earn self that's shacking you. Even messi with all the billions dey avoid tax.... Ronaldo dey avoid tax... Nah small rat like you wan spoil market for person.

I so much hate religious fanatics, you guys are cankerworms to the society.

Every month, Google is taking my 80k for just youtube, and you want me to still pay tax to Nigeria government.

God will punish you if you don't shut that your useless mouth. Idiot.
Re: How Do Freelancers Pay Tax? by anu3: 8:05am On Dec 17, 2023
[quote author=skultrick post=127520796]I
have never seen a fool like you... How much you dey earn self that's shacking you. Even messi with all the billions dey avoid tax.... Ronaldo dey avoid tax... Nah small rat like you wan spoil market for person.

I so much hate religious fanatics, you guys are cankerworms to the society.

Every month, Google is taking my 80k for just youtube, and you want me to still pay tax to Nigeria
government.

Friend, you need not flood my thread(s) trying to justify wrong doing. But I understand because I've been in your shoes when I thought money was very great as common.

I watched a prison documentary, a guy killed two adults for money at a tender age of 13. Sentenced to life imprisonment, and he was interviewed one day and then asked what he wished he had the opportunity to do that he couldn't do. Then he said, "I've never driven a car; I've never travelled in an airplane; I've never filed tax returns, etc...

So he'd listed taxing as one thing he missed in his life as a regular human.

We don't know how much we cheat ourselves by not wanting to obey God — even if the government is not perfect, it's not an excuse, they'll account themselves to God one day as us too.

Taxing doesn't kill—never heard of any trouble except those who try to evade till they get painfully caught, so they have to struggle to pay up debts for years...

And my testimony in Jesus name so far is I always seem bound to get more doing right not less. So I don't wish to cheat myself.

Take care bro...

1 Like

Re: How Do Freelancers Pay Tax? by skultrick(m): 11:02am On Dec 17, 2023
[quote author=anu3 post=127523489][/quote]

You are obviously insane. Gosh! you irritate me.

Since you want to give government money, go to the nearest FIRS office in your state and deposit your foolishness there. Stop disturbing our peace here.

Please don't quote me again, I have no business with mentally deranged individuals like you.
Re: How Do Freelancers Pay Tax? by anu3: 11:16am On Dec 17, 2023
skultrick:

You are obviously insane. Gosh! you irritate me.

Since you want to give government money, go to the nearest FIRS office in your state and deposit your foolishness there. Stop disturbing our peace here.

Please don't quote me again, I have no business with mentally deranged individuals like you.

Ok... But you quoted first on the other thread, remember... It's normal, I used to be irritated too. And there's still hope...

God bless

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Blind Alley - Episode 12 / Word Of The Day: NEPENTHE / Poem :drumbeat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.