Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,927 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Why It's So Hard To Get Employed These Days? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why It's So Hard To Get Employed These Days? (412 Views)

Jobs Hardly Set Age Standards These Days / Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? / 5000 Nigerians To Be Employed As TSTV Launches October 1st (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why It's So Hard To Get Employed These Days? by alchemy007(m): 5:29am On Nov 19, 2023
hi,
If you are looking for a job and haven't found any luck yet, well, that's because getting employed is not about being lucky but being qualified. You are yet to be employed not because you are not lucky or your village people are after you. The REAL reason is the Fact that job opportunities are shrinking very fast these days! Would you like to know why The Reason is very simple.

Machines are Taking Away the Jobs!
When was the Last time you sent a letter through the Post Office, have you ever wondered what happened to those working in the Post Office? They got laid off of Course!
Since the emergence of the Internet especially e-mails and SMS, we had no use for the Post office that much again. Unless you are sending a parcel, you hardly need to go to a Post office today. Without stamp sales, and letters to deliver, the Post Man job has gone to extinction and most clerks that work in the Post office lost their jobs due to low patronage. Well, just as it happened to the Mailman, it's happening to so many job types today!

We are No Longer in the Industrial Age, We're in the AI Age!
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is taking away a whole lot of jobs these days. While the Information Technology (IT) era took away the Jobs of the Messenger, the Connecting Economy took out the Wholesale and Retail Businesses thereby rendering a lot of sales reps and managers jobless (even teachers are losing their jobs too), the AI era is coming to add ice onto the pudding by Automating most of the Jobs and of course rendering so many more people JOBLESS! Please, bear in mind that when a job type is taken out, it means that nobody can ever get employed in those places ever again!

My Point, Stop Looking for A Job, Create One for Yourself!
With Restaurants firing their cooks for industrial AI robots, Banks procuring ATM machines that receive money, Media Houses retrenching Cameramen and helicopter pilots for a drone, governments and security companies replacing security men with CCTV cameras and drones, bros, it would be unwise of you to still insist on making 25 copies of your CV for submission to places that did NOT post or place advert of Vacancies! Instead of wasting time and wailing about how hard and unfair the Economy has been, let's meet and connect to CREATE A JOB for you! I'll be expecting you! I'll see you when you get there!
Regards,
Musa Abdurrahman
(My link in my Profile)

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Appeal To Join A Data Analyst Team / Vacancy! Vacancy!! Vacancy!!! / Software Developer Needed In A Young Technology Company In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.