Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,356 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa (33161 Views)

Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) / Obituary Poster Of 15-year-old Girl Tortured To Death At The Hands Of Kidnappers / 20-Year-Old Housemaid Narrates Ordeal At The Hands Of Her Bosses. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by keemsleek(m): 9:52am On Nov 19, 2023
inoki247:
Hmmm what I don't understand about all this is when new People are been recruited to NPF every year they still act like the old ones no difference...

Which means if all the old ones are all sacked the new ones will still act like this and they're even more brutal...

So I think all this bodycam, CCTV be put in dere cars and office the institution just need some things to be put in place to deal with all this excess...

Lol, body cams for the black and black uniform-wearing police officers? It won't take a week it will get spoilt or stolen otilo. Most of them are illiterates who can't read or write thou it may work for those types like RRS and those reformed ones but the regular policemen haaaaaaa they will sell the cams.

2 Likes

Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by AbuTwins: 9:52am On Nov 19, 2023
cassette:

So because your parents are in this country, that doesn't make it disgraceful ? Does this news not make you feel ashamed of your country ?
What's wrong with telling things as they are ?
You know what's more disgraceful ? Sharing this forum with low thinking imps like you !

Nothing makes the country disgraceful! The activities of a million doesn't make 200 million disgraceful!

Stop the destructive generalisation!
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by RepoMan007: 10:00am On Nov 19, 2023
Police have done it again o.
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by Kingosytex(m): 10:02am On Nov 19, 2023
I almost shed tears reading this story. A whole lot of people are in this man's shoes.
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by profbrightuzoma: 10:04am On Nov 19, 2023
The government should try n investigate all prisons in Nigeria..just last month an innocent boy was caught around umuahia simply the policemen asked him a particular direction and the man felt like directing them so he entered thier vehicle hoping to give them direction and go .. unfortunately he was detained till now he is still there...the problem of these policemen is that they purposely detained them so that they can pay for bail which atimes ranges from 150k in naira and above... the cell is at umuahia state cid...the government should check all Police cells all over ...and the worst thing is that as soon they catch u they immediately switched off ur phones
[/quote][quote author=DesChyko post=127046917]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6JiOzxfdhg?si=Fd4ZsEkI6wk0A82o

This is a video story shared by Brekete Family. It is about the ordeal of a Nigerian citizen in the hands of the Nigerian Police Force.

Solomon Bawa hails from Ajaga Family in Karo LGA of Nasarawa State.

In 2019, he was on his way to repair the tyre of his pickup when he was accosted by the Police who asked him if he knew any Bawa Gambo. He replied in the negative but they asked him to enter their vehicle to follow them to the station at Masaka.

On reaching there, they asked about his identity again and he told them his name, Solomon Bawa. After pressuring him to identify as Bawa Gambo and not getting a result, they took away his belt and shoes, then locked him up in a cell until daybreak.

He kept asking why he was locked up and got no response. Instead he got beaten and later transferred to State CID, Lafia. Here, he was beaten repeatedly and forced to identify as Bawa Gambo or tell them the whereabouts.

An Igbo trader who saw him, travelled to Solomon's home on his behalf, to inform his family of what is going on. His mother came to attest that his name is Solomon but was given no attention. Instead, he got beaten by one Inspector Usman Amgbashi to the extent that he got his forehead injured and lost his entire right arm to shrinking and paralysis.

Another Policeman, Inspector Ado Bature, advised him to accept the identity of Bawa Gambo or face more beating, especially as it was getting too much and may lead to his death and nothing will happen. Solomon had to accept, in the hopes that when he gets to court, he can explain himself. But this was not to be as he spent some months there. The only visitor he frequently had, his mother, died about 2 months after he had been held at the State CID.

After then, no one visited anymore and Solomon could not help crying everyday, at his loss. He was then transferred to Lafia Prison without being charged to court. He spent about 3 years in prison until he met with the Comptroller and explained his situation and ill-health. He was then transferred to Keffi Prison, where he spent another year but was getting some form of treatment on the now deformed hand.

Respite came in the form of a human rights lawyer, Barrister C.Y. Masha, who listened to his story when she came to the Prison. She took it upon herself to verify his identity by going to his hometown and retrieving his certificates, then pursued the matter until he was due to appear in court. It turns out that the said 'Bawa Gambo' had already appeared and bailed himself at the State CID while Solomon remained imprisoned.

After the first court session, the police never showed up again, despite Musa making multiple appearance with his lawyer, Barrister C.Y. Masha. He was then asked to provide two surety so he can be bailed, which he did. He went to retrieve his phone from State CID. He saw Inspector Usman Amgbashi, approached him and greeted him. He proceeded to tell him that he came for his phone but was warned never to step his foot there again or get beaten.

On October 4, after another no-show at the courts by the Police, he was advised by the same Igbo trader to go to Brekete Family to tell his story and possibly, get justice.

Today, the matter is being handled by the IGP himself, who called for a thorough investigation.

It's a bag of mixed fortunes ahead for Solomon, who now has to get justice with a deformed right hand, a permanent scar on his head, a late mother and four years of his life gone 'for nothing'

Police Reaction

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0VJuLwShsQHJPwp7sE8X8sSvEPnSs1KLdV3tB6UJ666tevpZncDT79pVn7JGJPnhyl&id=100064453009372&mibextid=2JQ9oc
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by Intergrated: 10:05am On Nov 19, 2023
AbuTwins:

And your parents are disgraceful in the country too?

Nigeria sure has many ills which sure came from the haughtiness of the parents towards the kids.
say it how you like. Gen Z would never understand.

1 Like

Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by DesChyko: 10:10am On Nov 19, 2023
success1smyn:

You didn't get my point actually.
I know tribalism can't get us anywhere and I don't like People that are tribalist. I was only trying to show how far we are deep in tribalism, that's why I said we have not learnt anything from the video.

I'm so sorry I missed that. I only saw the surface meaning.

Of course, tribalism's a dirty thing. Imagine not living your best life because you're reserving energy for 'hating' those not of your kind.

I do hope we have reasons to come out for one another more.
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by DesChyko: 10:12am On Nov 19, 2023
profbrightuzoma:
The government should try n investigate all prisons in Nigeria.. just last month an innocent boy was caught around umuahia simply the policemen asked him a particular direction and the man felt like directing them so he entered thier vehicle hoping to give them direction and go .. unfortunately he was detained till now he is still there...the problem of these policemen is that they purposely detained them so that they can pay for bail which atimes ranges from 150k in naira and above... the cell is at umuahia state cid...the government should check all Police cells all over ...and the worst thing is that as soon they catch u they immediately switched off ur phones

My God.

Or scenes where 'Missing Person' was reported in one station, not knowing he/she is detained in another station for one reason or the other.

There is need to revisit all these cases, especially the ones that have never made court.

2 Likes

Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by flexyrule(m): 10:19am On Nov 19, 2023
AbuTwins:

Why the destructive generalisation?

Ain't your parents too in the so-called disgraceful country?
My friend shut up!

Why bring his parents into this?

I just feel like slapping you because of this rubbish that wrote.
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by BBIA: 10:25am On Nov 19, 2023
AmVeryOk:
grin grin grin

BABA DEY FIGHT FOR HIM BROTHER !!!

FORGET JUSTICE !!! , WE KNOW UNA .....

MY COUSIN THAT WAS KILLED BY A HAUSA MAN WEARING UNIFORM DURING BIAFRA PROTEST , DEAD AND FORGOTTEN !!!

BETTER TUNDAAAA FIRE ALL OF UNA THERE !!!!!

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2021/08/nigeria-at-least-115-people-killed-by-security-forces-in-four-months-in-countrys-southeast/
Don't worry, SMILE, your cousin is chilling with Ojikwu in "the Great Biafra beyond".
Ojikwu prepared a special place there for the Biafran angels especially the martyrs so that they can watch the rising sun that never ends. grin grin grin
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by AbuTwins: 10:40am On Nov 19, 2023
flexyrule:
My friend shut up!

Why bring his parents into this?

I just feel like slapping you because of this rubbish that wrote.

All our parents and us are a subset of the nation he called disgraceful!

And you using "shut up" shows you didn't get complete home Training!
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by lhurd: 11:29am On Nov 19, 2023
DesChyko:

This is a video story shared by Brekete Family. It is about the ordeal of a Nigerian citizen in the hands of the Nigerian Police Force.

In 2019, he was on his way to repair the tyre of his pickup when he was accosted by the Police who asked him if he knew any Bawa Gambo. He replied in the negative but they asked him to enter their vehicle to follow them to the station at Masaka.

On reaching there, they asked about his identity again and he told them his name, Solomon Bawa. After pressuring him to identify as Bawa Gambo and not getting a result, they took away his belt and shoes, then locked him up in a cell until daybreak.

He kept asking why he was locked up and got no response. Instead he got beaten and later transferred to State CID, Lafia. Here, he was beaten repeatedly and forced to identify as Bawa Gambo or tell them the whereabouts.

An Igbo trader who saw him, travelled to Solomon's home on his behalf, to inform his family of what is going on. His mother came to attest that his name is Solomon but was given no attention. Instead, he got beaten by one Inspector Usman Amgbashi to the extent that he got his forehead injured and lost his entire right arm to shrinking and paralysis.

Another Policeman, Inspector Ado Bature, advised him to accept the identity of Bawa Gambo or face more beating, especially as it was getting too much and may lead to his death and nothing will happen. Solomon had to accept, in the hopes that when he gets to court, he can explain himself. But this was not to be as he spent some months there. The only visitor he frequently had, his mother, died about 2 months after he had been held at the State CID.

After then, no one visited anymore and Solomon could not help crying everyday, at his loss. He was then transferred to Lafia Prison without being charged to court. He spent about 3 years in prison until he met with the Comptroller and explained his situation and ill-health. He was then transferred to Keffi Prison, where he spent another year but was getting some form of treatment on the now deformed hand.

Respite came in the form of a human rights lawyer, Barrister C.Y. Masha, who listened to his story when she came to the Prison. She took it upon herself to verify his identity by going to his hometown and retrieving his certificates, then pursued the matter until he was due to appear in court. It turns out that the said 'Bawa Gambo' had already appeared and bailed himself at the State CID while Solomon remained imprisoned.

After the first court session, the police never showed up again, despite Musa making multiple appearance with his lawyer, Barrister C.Y. Masha. He was then asked to provide two surety so he can be bailed, which he did. He went to retrieve his phone from State CID. He saw Inspector Usman Amgbashi, approached him and greeted him. He proceeded to tell him that he came for his phone but was warned never to step his foot there again or get beaten.

On October 4, after another no-show at the courts by the Police, he was advised by the same Igbo trader to go to Brekete Family to tell his story and possibly, get justice.

Today, the matter is being handled by the IGP himself, who called for a thorough investigation.

It's a bag of mixed fortunes ahead for Solomon, who now has to get justice with a deformed right hand, a permanent scar on his head, a late mother and four years of his life gone 'for nothing'

Police Reaction

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0VJuLwShsQHJPwp7sE8X8sSvEPnSs1KLdV3tB6UJ666tevpZncDT79pVn7JGJPnhyl&id=100064453009372&mibextid=2JQ9oc
So sad. But nothing will come out of it. I only God will give him justice. If it's for the IGP or npf? Forget it

1 Like

Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by stuffs2002: 11:32am On Nov 19, 2023
DesChyko:
We cannot say we should hide in our homes to keep away from Police trouble. We just pray it doesn't happen to us as we go about our daily lives.

I watched this video with my Yoruba best friend. I'm Igbo by tribe. It took a man whose surname is similar sounding to his to condemn his right forelimb. It took an Igbo man to first let people know his situation and to direct him to where the world can hear his story.

Help can come from anywhere. I hope we are learning some important lessons.

Shame on you.. Why are you making this issue a tribal thing.
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by daressler863(m): 11:32am On Nov 19, 2023
wink wink
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by vikstandon(m): 11:33am On Nov 19, 2023
This is why I say, ' Nigerian Police is evil'
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 19, 2023
captainamiedi1:

if you all these information at your disposal, i guess you would used it to establish all these things and 3,000 wouldn't a problem to you. abi na the marketing the money they. scammers everywhere
In a gold rush, you don't sell dig for gold but sell shovel.
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by jojothaiv(m): 11:56am On Nov 19, 2023
What a country...
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by RealEzee(m): 12:02pm On Nov 19, 2023
Wish i have john wick number
Na to provide names of all involved
Make bodies start to dey drop
wink
They even knew d real bawa ws bailed but did nothing for this guy cos he is a nobody
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by Chienex24(m): 12:11pm On Nov 19, 2023
AbuTwins:

Why the destructive generalisation?

Ain't your parents too in the so-called disgraceful country?

You must be very daft!! So if his parents are in this country, that should make the country not to be disgraceful?? Why don't you just make your own comment and pass? Or are you a police officer too?

What happened is condemnable and disgraceful to the country, especially coming from an armed authority whose duty is to maintain law and order, not to destroy it!! And all you could do is to look for one comment to correct like a reasonable cow!!

And let me tell you for your information since you are uninformed; In a sane clime that officer will not only be removed from office, but will be prosecuted and face the full wrath of the law for bringing such a disgrace to that country!!!

1 Like

Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by Moneyboyz: 12:16pm On Nov 19, 2023
From what I've seen so far in Africa, I can tell you that majority of humans especially black people need to be locked away in some kind of zoo.

The wickedness in their hearts is unfathomable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 12:21pm On Nov 19, 2023
Power abuse: Reps demand body cameras for security agents.

Members of the House of Representatives during plenary

The House of Representatives has called on the Federal Government to provide body cameras to be attached to officers and men of security agencies in Nigeria and create situation rooms across the country to monitor their activities.

The body cameras, the House argued, will help checkmate cases of abuse of power and human rights.

The House urged the government at all levels to provide body cameras for all security operatives including Nigeria Customs Service on duty across the country.

Furthermore, the House mandated its Committees on Police Affairs; Army; and National Security and Intelligence to ensure compliance with the resolution.

The resolution was based on a motion moved at the plenary on Thursday by a member, Chinedu Martins, titled ‘Need to Provide Body-Worn Cameras for Security Operatives in the Country and Create a Situation Room.’

Moving the motion, Martins noted that the security of lives and properties of the citizens is a primary responsibility of the government.

According to him, security agencies have been exploring solutions to mitigate the growing insecurity in the country, especially considering the lack of adherence to rules of engagement on the part of security operatives on duty.

The lawmaker also noted that a body camera is a wearable audio-visual or photographic system that integrates with in-car video and used to record events involving law enforcement officers in order to improve transparency and accountability of law enforcement agencies.

Martins said, “The House is concerned about allegations of harassment, extortion, and extrajudicial killings of citizens by security operatives, which often results in reprisals and uprising by the citizens.

“The House is convinced that security operatives, who often experience litigious scrutiny over their conduct in the discharge of their duties, ought to wear body cameras in order to have picture and video evidence of their activities;

“The House is cognisant that the body cameras will keep the security operatives in check, considering the massive allegations of human rights violation by security operatives and lack of evidence to indict them.

“The House is also cognisant that the introduction of body cameras will not only douse tension and promote trust and professionalism among the security agencies but will also institutionalise the rules of engagement to foster a harmonious relationship between security operatives and the citizenry.”
https://punchng.com/power-abuse-reps-demand-body-cameras-for-security-agents/

DesChyko:

Police Reaction

Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by mozona(m): 12:34pm On Nov 19, 2023
mmadu5:
how is this news?

Real
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by mozona(m): 12:36pm On Nov 19, 2023
What are dey investigating.

Call the so call police man and deal with him with a broken harm that will never be useful
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by Aaaaarghmed(m): 12:41pm On Nov 19, 2023
If you see police and snake for road it's better to jam the police with your car than the snake.
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by ClitRaider: 12:41pm On Nov 19, 2023
mmadu5:
how is this news?

It is News so people can learn not to forget their ancestry.

Me for instance, as a Yoruba guy, my name is so unique that it's only me bearing that name in the World.

So, no basterrd Basterrd police can mistake me for anyone else.
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by Villa12(m): 12:43pm On Nov 19, 2023
AbuTwins:

And your parents are disgraceful in the country too?

Nigeria sure has many ills which sure came from the haughtiness of the parents towards the kids.
your leaders are more responsible for the rottenness of this hellhole.

Parents/Guidians had their own blame too but your useless leaders are the culprit
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by Villa12(m): 12:47pm On Nov 19, 2023
Chienex24:

You must be very daft!! So if his parents are in this country, that should make the country not to be disgraceful?? Why don't you just make your own comment and pass? Or are you a police officer too?

What happened is condemnable and disgraceful to the country, especially coming from an armed authority whose duty is to maintain law and order, not to destroy it!! And all you could do is to look for one comment to correct like a reasonable cow!!

And let me tell you for your information since you are uninformed; In a sane clime that officer will not only be removed from office, but will be prosecuted and face the full wrath of the law for bringing such a disgrace to that country!!!
Lol

The guy you mentioned is one of those MISERABLE RONUs. They support their oppressors at the detriment of the masses. To them, that is patriotism grin

1 Like

Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by AbuTwins: 12:47pm On Nov 19, 2023
Villa12:
your leaders are more responsible for the rottenness of this hellhole.

Parents/Guidians had their own blame too but your useless leaders are the culprit

The leaders ain't raised by some parents!
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by Tijani009: 1:08pm On Nov 19, 2023
AbuTwins:
Yes this is so disheartening but I'll still like to hear the outcome of the investigations!

All those corrupt officers involved in the NPF should be sentenced!

He should be given a damages of 50million naira or more!
Is it worth it i cannot just imagin what this guy felt and is feeling,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boyfriend Stabs NDDC Lover To Death For Refusing To Make Him Next-of-kin (photo) / Lady Arranges Her Own Kidnap In Ogun To Extort N200,000 From Her Parents (Photo) / Zamfara Residents Flee As Gunmen Kill Over 40 During Attacks. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.