Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,913 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa (33156 Views)

Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) / Obituary Poster Of 15-year-old Girl Tortured To Death At The Hands Of Kidnappers / 20-Year-Old Housemaid Narrates Ordeal At The Hands Of Her Bosses. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by AbuTwins: 6:53am On Nov 20, 2023
Adegbem02:

I hope Nigeria does not happen to you, your narrative go change in a twinkle ✨ of an eye.

What does it mean for Nigeria to happens to someone? Can USA happen to someone too or UK or Ghana?
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by Free2Fly: 7:22am On Nov 20, 2023
mmadu5:
how is this news?

What are you saying?? Are you mad?!
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by Free2Fly: 7:30am On Nov 20, 2023
success1smyn:

No we are not learning anything as we can never learn in Nigeria. To us everything is tribalism. I am Yoruba, you ask me who I voted for in the last Election, I told you Tinubu and you accuse me of tribalism even when you (as Igbo) voted for Peter Obi, and you fail to see that more Yorubas voted for Obi than Igbos voted for Tinubu - why. I am not a tribalist and will never be. My choice is my choice and not out of tribalism. I supported Jonathan/Sambo and the Atiku/Obi ticket against the Buhari/Osinbajo because to me, they are the better candidates. To me, an Atiku will be a better option than Buhari, Peter Obi a better one than Atiku, Tinubu a better on to Peter Obi, Osinbajo a better one to Tinubu etc, if APC had not given their ticket to Tinubu or Osinbajo, I would likely vote for Peter Obi.
That's my choice and opinion not tribalism.

Do you still believe in this trash, having seen what the drugbag can offer now??
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by Free2Fly: 7:50am On Nov 20, 2023
stuffs2002:

DUMB & Demented IPOB cannibal masturbating to a simple phone auto correct error.

I really feel sorry for you.

Who's this foolish, stinking cockroach??
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 9:39am On Nov 20, 2023
This is wickedness

DesChyko:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6JiOzxfdhg?si=Fd4ZsEkI6wk0A82o

This is a video story shared by Brekete Family. It is about the ordeal of a Nigerian citizen in the hands of the Nigerian Police Force.

Solomon Bawa hails from Ajaga Family in Karo LGA of Nasarawa State.

In 2019, he was on his way to repair the tyre of his pickup when he was accosted by the Police who asked him if he knew any Bawa Gambo. He replied in the negative but they asked him to enter their vehicle to follow them to the station at Masaka.

On reaching there, they asked about his identity again and he told them his name, Solomon Bawa. After pressuring him to identify as Bawa Gambo and not getting a result, they took away his belt and shoes, then locked him up in a cell until daybreak.

He kept asking why he was locked up and got no response. Instead he got beaten and later transferred to State CID, Lafia. Here, he was beaten repeatedly and forced to identify as Bawa Gambo or tell them the whereabouts.

An Igbo trader who saw him, travelled to Solomon's home on his behalf, to inform his family of what is going on. His mother came to attest that his name is Solomon but was given no attention. Instead, he got beaten by one Inspector Usman Amgbashi to the extent that he got his forehead injured and lost his entire right arm to shrinking and paralysis.

Another Policeman, Inspector Ado Bature, advised him to accept the identity of Bawa Gambo or face more beating, especially as it was getting too much and may lead to his death and nothing will happen. Solomon had to accept, in the hopes that when he gets to court, he can explain himself. But this was not to be as he spent some months there. The only visitor he frequently had, his mother, died about 2 months after he had been held at the State CID.

After then, no one visited anymore and Solomon could not help crying everyday, at his loss. He was then transferred to Lafia Prison without being charged to court. He spent about 3 years in prison until he met with the Comptroller and explained his situation and ill-health. He was then transferred to Keffi Prison, where he spent another year but was getting some form of treatment on the now deformed hand.

Respite came in the form of a human rights lawyer, Barrister C.Y. Masha, who listened to his story when she came to the Prison. She took it upon herself to verify his identity by going to his hometown and retrieving his certificates, then pursued the matter until he was due to appear in court. It turns out that the said 'Bawa Gambo' had already appeared and bailed himself at the State CID while Solomon remained imprisoned.

After the first court session, the police never showed up again, despite Musa making multiple appearance with his lawyer, Barrister C.Y. Masha. He was then asked to provide two surety so he can be bailed, which he did. He went to retrieve his phone from State CID. He saw Inspector Usman Amgbashi, approached him and greeted him. He proceeded to tell him that he came for his phone but was warned never to step his foot there again or get beaten.

On October 4, after another no-show at the courts by the Police, he was advised by the same Igbo trader to go to Brekete Family to tell his story and possibly, get justice.

Today, the matter is being handled by the IGP himself, who called for a thorough investigation.

It's a bag of mixed fortunes ahead for Solomon, who now has to get justice with a deformed right hand, a permanent scar on his head, a late mother and four years of his life gone 'for nothing'

Police Reaction

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0VJuLwShsQHJPwp7sE8X8sSvEPnSs1KLdV3tB6UJ666tevpZncDT79pVn7JGJPnhyl&id=100064453009372&mibextid=2JQ9oc

1 Like

Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by success1smyn(m): 9:52am On Nov 20, 2023
Free2Fly:

Do you still believe in this trash, having seen what the drugbag can offer now??

Pls don't use foul languages while mentioning me.

Thanks
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by Aaaaarghmed(m): 1:54pm On Nov 20, 2023
I no wan watch the clip,am already sad reading it talkless of watching it.only 0.5 percent of police are good.unknown gunmen should keep killing them
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by stacyadams: 11:05pm On Nov 20, 2023
success1smyn:

Pls don't use foul languages while mentioning me.

Thanks
Them ask u simple question u dey speak uganda grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Student Killed In Adeniran College Of Education Cult Battle (Graphic Photo) / Girl Steals N108,000 During Job Interview In Delta, Caught Days After. Photos / Boyfriend Stabs NDDC Lover To Death For Refusing To Make Him Next-of-kin (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.