Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,120 members, 7,811,146 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa (33157 Views)

Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) / Obituary Poster Of 15-year-old Girl Tortured To Death At The Hands Of Kidnappers / 20-Year-Old Housemaid Narrates Ordeal At The Hands Of Her Bosses. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by DesChyko: 1:13pm On Nov 19, 2023
AsabaPropertyAg:
The House of Representatives has called on the Federal Government to provide body cameras to be attached to officers and men of security agencies in Nigeria and create situation rooms across the country to monitor their activities.

That will go a long way to address this problem.
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by DesChyko: 1:19pm On Nov 19, 2023
stuffs2002:
Shame on you.. Why are you making this issue a tribal thing

I've had two people react negatively to my pointing out that humanity transcends tribal affiliation.

You and 'aQUINandmore' have reacted negatively to that. More of a concern are the kind of posts both of you share around this forum. I had to take a look as I didn't understand why you are unhappy.

I have to ask for clarity; is there another reason both of you are concerned about a call for oneness? 🤔
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by adakole(m): 1:37pm On Nov 19, 2023
this case is quite traumatic, this same scenario played in Sars Akwa, Anambra state and nothing came out of it, i doubt if the culprits will be punished, Nigeria is just a game of thrones with every parastatal flexing its muscle.
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by sonofanarchy(m): 1:55pm On Nov 19, 2023
AfroBeatDiary:
Hmmmm naija
hyena or Wolf
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by do4luv14(m): 2:04pm On Nov 19, 2023
AbuTwins:
Yes this is so disheartening but I'll still like to hear the outcome of the investigations!

All those corrupt officers involved in the NPF should be sentenced!

He should be given a damages of 50million naira or more!

Its case like those you see how bad our judiciary system is, After what the man went through, those unfeeling judge still asking him to pay and bail himself with surety, while the police are being leave alone,

in a Sane place, the man will be set free asap, damage awarded to him, and the police sentenced

3 Likes

Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by prophetfire: 2:10pm On Nov 19, 2023
SALLYBERRY01:
But police was supposed to be our friend
Nigeria police officers are heartless criminals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by stuffs2002: 2:16pm On Nov 19, 2023
DesChyko:

I've had two people react negatively to my pointing out that humanity transcends tribal affiliation.

You and 'aQUINandmore' have reacted negatively to that. More of a concern are the kind of posts both of you share around this forum. I had to take a look as I didn't understand why you are unhappy.

I have to ask for clarity; is there another reason both of you are concerned about a call for oneness? 🤔

Typical IPOB cannibals without sense.

Asking you not to tribalise issues in Nigeria means negativity to you? You need help and all I can say to you is may God cure you of your tribalistic mentalities.
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by DesChyko: 2:22pm On Nov 19, 2023
stuffs2002:
Asking you not to tribalism issues in Nigeria

What? 🤣
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by DesChyko: 2:23pm On Nov 19, 2023
bodeyX:
We are not the same people !! Yorubas are not Igbos. We are NOT the same people !!!

Obviously.

However, you do not need to be from a particular tribe to be sensible..or stupid.
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by Bigkoko: 2:23pm On Nov 19, 2023
Honestly, Nigerians are the most docile and incredibly non challant people I have ever seen.

Imagine the rogues that wasted the days of a patriotic person like him, walking freely without fear!

Sha, make police try am for West or even SA... That police squad go swim with fishes for a long time!!

Bunch of illiterates wey go church & mosques pass. See them on Friday, dressed like human beings whereas na low lifes. Tufiakwaaaa

DesChyko:

I weak, my brother. If not for the intervention of the Barrister, he'd have still been imprisoned, believing it's a case of mistaken identity 💔
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by stuffs2002: 2:28pm On Nov 19, 2023
DesChyko:

What? 🤣

DUMB & Demented IPOB cannibal masturbating to a simple phone auto correct error.

I really feel sorry for you.
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by DesChyko: 2:44pm On Nov 19, 2023
stuffs2002:
DUMB & Demented IPOB cannibal masturbating to a simple phone auto correct error.

Your phone dictionary doesn't have tribalize in it?

Niceeee😎
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by gaskiyamagana: 3:07pm On Nov 19, 2023
DesChyko:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6JiOzxfdhg?si=Fd4ZsEkI6wk0A82o

This is a video story shared by Brekete Family. It is about the ordeal of a Nigerian citizen in the hands of the Nigerian Police Force.

Solomon Bawa hails from Ajaga Family in Karo LGA of Nasarawa State.

In 2019, he was on his way to repair the tyre of his pickup when he was accosted by the Police who asked him if he knew any Bawa Gambo. He replied in the negative but they asked him to enter their vehicle to follow them to the station at Masaka.

On reaching there, they asked about his identity again and he told them his name, Solomon Bawa. After pressuring him to identify as Bawa Gambo and not getting a result, they took away his belt and shoes, then locked him up in a cell until daybreak.

He kept asking why he was locked up and got no response. Instead he got beaten and later transferred to State CID, Lafia. Here, he was beaten repeatedly and forced to identify as Bawa Gambo or tell them the whereabouts.

An Igbo trader who saw him, travelled to Solomon's home on his behalf, to inform his family of what is going on. His mother came to attest that his name is Solomon but was given no attention. Instead, he got beaten by one Inspector Usman Amgbashi to the extent that he got his forehead injured and lost his entire right arm to shrinking and paralysis.

Another Policeman, Inspector Ado Bature, advised him to accept the identity of Bawa Gambo or face more beating, especially as it was getting too much and may lead to his death and nothing will happen. Solomon had to accept, in the hopes that when he gets to court, he can explain himself. But this was not to be as he spent some months there. The only visitor he frequently had, his mother, died about 2 months after he had been held at the State CID.

After then, no one visited anymore and Solomon could not help crying everyday, at his loss. He was then transferred to Lafia Prison without being charged to court. He spent about 3 years in prison until he met with the Comptroller and explained his situation and ill-health. He was then transferred to Keffi Prison, where he spent another year but was getting some form of treatment on the now deformed hand.

Respite came in the form of a human rights lawyer, Barrister C.Y. Masha, who listened to his story when she came to the Prison. She took it upon herself to verify his identity by going to his hometown and retrieving his certificates, then pursued the matter until he was due to appear in court. It turns out that the said 'Bawa Gambo' had already appeared and bailed himself at the State CID while Solomon remained imprisoned.

After the first court session, the police never showed up again, despite Musa making multiple appearance with his lawyer, Barrister C.Y. Masha. He was then asked to provide two surety so he can be bailed, which he did. He went to retrieve his phone from State CID. He saw Inspector Usman Amgbashi, approached him and greeted him. He proceeded to tell him that he came for his phone but was warned never to step his foot there again or get beaten.

On October 4, after another no-show at the courts by the Police, he was advised by the same Igbo trader to go to Brekete Family to tell his story and possibly, get justice.

Today, the matter is being handled by the IGP himself, who called for a thorough investigation.

It's a bag of mixed fortunes ahead for Solomon, who now has to get justice with a deformed right hand, a permanent scar on his head, a late mother and four years of his life gone 'for nothing'

Police Reaction

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0VJuLwShsQHJPwp7sE8X8sSvEPnSs1KLdV3tB6UJ666tevpZncDT79pVn7JGJPnhyl&id=100064453009372&mibextid=2JQ9oc
This is just one of hundreds through out the federation. KO NI DARA FUN GBOGBO OLOPA TI NFI IJA JE ALAISE.

1 Like

Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by Goddyrichie(m): 4:51pm On Nov 19, 2023
DesChyko:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6JiOzxfdhg?si=Fd4ZsEkI6wk0A82o

This is a video story shared by Brekete Family. It is about the ordeal of a Nigerian citizen in the hands of the Nigerian Police Force.

Solomon Bawa hails from Ajaga Family in Karo LGA of Nasarawa State.

In 2019, he was on his way to repair the tyre of his pickup when he was accosted by the Police who asked him if he knew any Bawa Gambo. He replied in the negative but they asked him to enter their vehicle to follow them to the station at Masaka.

On reaching there, they asked about his identity again and he told them his name, Solomon Bawa. After pressuring him to identify as Bawa Gambo and not getting a result, they took away his belt and shoes, then locked him up in a cell until daybreak.

He kept asking why he was locked up and got no response. Instead he got beaten and later transferred to State CID, Lafia. Here, he was beaten repeatedly and forced to identify as Bawa Gambo or tell them the whereabouts.

An Igbo trader who saw him, travelled to Solomon's home on his behalf, to inform his family of what is going on. His mother came to attest that his name is Solomon but was given no attention. Instead, he got beaten by one Inspector Usman Amgbashi to the extent that he got his forehead injured and lost his entire right arm to shrinking and paralysis.

Another Policeman, Inspector Ado Bature, advised him to accept the identity of Bawa Gambo or face more beating, especially as it was getting too much and may lead to his death and nothing will happen. Solomon had to accept, in the hopes that when he gets to court, he can explain himself. But this was not to be as he spent some months there. The only visitor he frequently had, his mother, died about 2 months after he had been held at the State CID.

After then, no one visited anymore and Solomon could not help crying everyday, at his loss. He was then transferred to Lafia Prison without being charged to court. He spent about 3 years in prison until he met with the Comptroller and explained his situation and ill-health. He was then transferred to Keffi Prison, where he spent another year but was getting some form of treatment on the now deformed hand.

Respite came in the form of a human rights lawyer, Barrister C.Y. Masha, who listened to his story when she came to the Prison. She took it upon herself to verify his identity by going to his hometown and retrieving his certificates, then pursued the matter until he was due to appear in court. It turns out that the said 'Bawa Gambo' had already appeared and bailed himself at the State CID while Solomon remained imprisoned.

After the first court session, the police never showed up again, despite Musa making multiple appearance with his lawyer, Barrister C.Y. Masha. He was then asked to provide two surety so he can be bailed, which he did. He went to retrieve his phone from State CID. He saw Inspector Usman Amgbashi, approached him and greeted him. He proceeded to tell him that he came for his phone but was warned never to step his foot there again or get beaten.

On October 4, after another no-show at the courts by the Police, he was advised by the same Igbo trader to go to Brekete Family to tell his story and possibly, get justice.

Today, the matter is being handled by the IGP himself, who called for a thorough investigation.

It's a bag of mixed fortunes ahead for Solomon, who now has to get justice with a deformed right hand, a permanent scar on his head, a late mother and four years of his life gone 'for nothing'

Police Reaction

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0VJuLwShsQHJPwp7sE8X8sSvEPnSs1KLdV3tB6UJ666tevpZncDT79pVn7JGJPnhyl&id=100064453009372&mibextid=2JQ9oc
now I think u people can see why I don’t pity this useless police when unknown gun men bandit kidnapper kill them
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by CJStarz: 4:56pm On Nov 19, 2023
God bless that Igbo man that helped him

Igbo people have good hearts indeed.
We don't discriminate.

1 Like

Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by delpee(f): 5:25pm On Nov 19, 2023
Heartbreaking!

1 Like

Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by aQUINandmore: 5:32pm On Nov 19, 2023
DesChyko:

just to post news and move ahead you started calling igbo, hausa and yoruba and you are still writing epistle to ask questions. Na wa
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by armadeo(m): 6:17pm On Nov 19, 2023
adakole:
this case is quite traumatic, this same scenario played in Sars Akwa, Anambra state and nothing came out of it, i doubt if the culprits will be punished, Nigeria is just a game of thrones with every parastatal flexing its muscle.

That James nwafor would be in one police command somewhere in this country quietly collecting salary and probably doing evil.

Nigeria is Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by armadeo(m): 6:18pm On Nov 19, 2023
do4luv14:

Its case like those you see how bad our judiciary system is, After what the man went through, those unfeeling judge still asking him to pay and bail himself with surety, while the police are being leave alone,

in a Sane place, the man will be set free asap, damage awarded to him, and the police sentenced

You saw that too. Imagine just imagine. The laws of this country need to be changed asap. I'm sure the judge was following the laws hence the bail requirement.

However if there is no accuser then what are you holding the accused for. These are some issues the house needs to get right.
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by Maga123: 7:54pm On Nov 19, 2023
I was bittered when i watched the clip on braketa family

1 Like

Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by do4luv14(m): 8:08pm On Nov 19, 2023
armadeo:

You saw that too. Imagine just imagine. The laws of this country need to be changed asap. I'm sure the judge was following the laws hence the bail requirement.

However if there is no accuser then what are you holding the accused for. These are some issues the house needs to get right.

Following the law is one thing, using wisdom6to judge a case is another thing, the most important of which is wisdom,

And it seems almost all judges in this country lack it, If not our prisons would not be congested with inmates awaiting trail, And if Solomon had not been able to fulfil his bail conditions, he would had been one of them too

2 Likes

Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by DesChyko: 8:13pm On Nov 19, 2023
aQUINandmore:
just to post news and move ahead you started calling igbo, hausa and yoruba and you are still writing epistle to ask questions. Na wa

What's your problem with that exactly? Speak in clear tongues.
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by DesChyko: 8:14pm On Nov 19, 2023
bodeyX:

Na ur papa dey stupid !!!

Love and Light, brother ♥️💡
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by DesChyko: 8:16pm On Nov 19, 2023
armadeo:

That James nwafor would bebin one pounce command somewhere in this country quietly collecting salary and probably doing evil.

Nigeria is Nigeria.

Now that you mention it, where is James Nwafor?

We didn't hear of his arraignment or dismissal after all his antics at Anambra.
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by Godjone(m): 8:49pm On Nov 19, 2023
this is horrible
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by culf: 9:38pm On Nov 19, 2023
mmadu5:
how is this news?

Are you kidding me? if you're serious with this statement then you're not normal;
Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by ManOfMan: 10:35pm On Nov 19, 2023
SALLYBERRY01:
But police was supposed to be our friend

If you believe that, you will believe anything

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ordeal Of Solomon Bawa In The Hands Of The Nigeria Police Force, Nasarawa by Adegbem02: 6:49am On Nov 20, 2023
AbuTwins:

Nothing makes the country disgraceful! The activities of a million doesn't make 200 million disgraceful!

Stop the destructive generalisation!
I hope Nigeria does not happen to you, your narrative go change in a twinkle ✨ of an eye.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Girl Steals N108,000 During Job Interview In Delta, Caught Days After. Photos / Boyfriend Stabs NDDC Lover To Death For Refusing To Make Him Next-of-kin (photo) / Lady Arranges Her Own Kidnap In Ogun To Extort N200,000 From Her Parents (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.