Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

This Stupid Mentality In Ceremonies. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Stupid Mentality In Ceremonies. (11256 Views)

My Younger Sister Has This Entitlement Mentality. Help I'm Scared For Her. / Woman Divorces Husband 3 Minutes After Marriage In Kuwait For Calling Her Stupid / Why Do Igbos Hold Naming Ceremonies For Newborns Only Three Months After Birth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Stupid Mentality In Ceremonies. by EmmyMaestro(m): 3:40pm On Nov 20, 2023
gaskiyamagana:

Hunhun! You are the one. We counted the envelopes we distributed ten times, it is minus one. Now, now, l will call our Daddy G.O and Birthday Finance Committee Chairman and Secretary that I have found the missing envelope on Nairaland 😅😆

Forget the donation, his blessings are in heaven grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: This Stupid Mentality In Ceremonies. by gaskiyamagana: 3:44pm On Nov 20, 2023
EmmyMaestro:

Forget the donation, his blessings are in heaven grin grin grin grin
Ok.

1 Like

Re: This Stupid Mentality In Ceremonies. by jonex39: 4:02pm On Nov 20, 2023
How much is the Google acct?

buygooglevoice:
Buy google voice accounts Best Quality Accounts Replacement guarantees We offer Google Voice account at the lowest prices from pvastor
Re: This Stupid Mentality In Ceremonies. by themanderon: 4:20pm On Nov 20, 2023
It's more of a Nigerian thing. Nigerians love showing off that's it. The Bible said God loves a cheerful giver but most churches do not know they are making people to give under compulsion which is not acceptable to God. When your right hand is giving your left should not know that was the instruction meaning we should give secretly and our heavenly father will reward us openly. Over here the reverse is the case.

3 Likes

Re: This Stupid Mentality In Ceremonies. by bukatyne(f): 4:24pm On Nov 20, 2023
I love to spray celebrants money & also be sprayed when I am the celebrant.

It is the highlight of parties for me & when we go for parties hosted by colleagues and they call us to dance, the euphoria while dancing round the person & spraying money is out of this world.

There was a time I couldn't afford to spray; I joined my people to dance & moved on. Next, I was only able to afford N1k or N2k changed into crispy N100 notes; I sprayed what I had and moved on.

Now I can afford much more in higher denominations, I spray & move on.

The onus is for each person to know the stage of life they are in and be content while praying & working towards more.

This is not to say everyone must spray; some people don't like it. Just how I do not fancy public donations & charity when it is not necessary.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Stupid Mentality In Ceremonies. by spencekat(m): 4:45pm On Nov 20, 2023
Just like OP, I like quiet donations/givings.

3 Likes

Re: This Stupid Mentality In Ceremonies. by teewhyhomes: 5:04pm On Nov 20, 2023
At Teewhyhomes, we are committed to guiding you through your Real Estate investment journey. Happy new week everyone
Re: This Stupid Mentality In Ceremonies. by Smartguyboy(m): 5:15pm On Nov 20, 2023
Oloki:
Abroad people no dey joke with money.

Every Kobo is accounted for. So no place for frivolity.

Said poor people
Which one is abroad people?
Why are some strippers in abroad you mention are so rich?
Re: This Stupid Mentality In Ceremonies. by Streetmovement(m): 5:26pm On Nov 20, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

And na this same thing dey wreck them later, them forget say no be everybody wey clap for their donation happy for them...Op no be only you, me sef hate am too.

I love to do my things low key, no be everything them dey announce
Re: This Stupid Mentality In Ceremonies. by Chimezie198(m): 5:37pm On Nov 20, 2023
Donation in church is not the problem, it's to redeem the donation be the wahala.. same people will tell you it's God they donated to directly and not you.
I don't know whether it's God that will come down from heaven to collect the money.

1 Like

Re: This Stupid Mentality In Ceremonies. by MSN1(m): 6:13pm On Nov 20, 2023
Smartguyboy:

Said poor people
Which one is abroad people?
Why are some strippers in abroad you mention are so rich?
Those guys are MAJORLY men dat are Coke dealers or involved in one or two illegal.
those guys are like our G boys here
Re: This Stupid Mentality In Ceremonies. by MSN1(m): 6:19pm On Nov 20, 2023
EnglishUsa:
You live to empress God, but others live to impress humans, these people can never give you 1000 inside that church if you beg them of help but, they will donate one hundred million in the church, if they want to impress their crush in a party that is what they do. This set of people are owing school fees of their children and their wife's are looking dirty and they don't care.
Pathetic!.
Re: This Stupid Mentality In Ceremonies. by MSN1(m): 6:24pm On Nov 20, 2023
Factfinder1:
Make money first . You will unlock all the demons of frivolities that poverty tamed
Uhmm, school boy, If i mention d name of my simple landlord i was talking about, U GO SHOCK!

Na popular celebrity!.

Nigga na popular man 4 Naija, yet VERY simple. D first day i saw him, i was EXTREMELY SHOCKED!.

Its not about money rather, its Mindset and upbringing.

1 Like

Re: This Stupid Mentality In Ceremonies. by Smartguyboy(m): 6:34pm On Nov 20, 2023
MSN1:

Those guys are MAJORLY men dat are Coke dealers or involved in one or two illegal.
those guys are like our G boys here

Nobody spend money like Wall Street guys and rich men children who inherit wealth.
Re: This Stupid Mentality In Ceremonies. by MSN1(m): 6:40pm On Nov 20, 2023
Smartguyboy:

Nobody spend money like Wall Street guys and rich men children who inherit wealth.
Wots d percentage?

The fact is dat; in Naija; even d poor, have dat wack mentality of showing off with their last Naira.
Re: This Stupid Mentality In Ceremonies. by erniok(m): 8:08pm On Nov 20, 2023
MSN1:
I have been having this big question about how we behave in ceremonies, MOSTLY Nigerians.

Personally, i think the idea of throwing money and announcing donation amounts in ceremonies is a very awkward practice. The funniest thing is; they have taken it to d church.
The harvest i attended last Sunday, they turned it to money competition, just imagine in the house of God. I just picked myself and moved out.

The fact is; Giving / Gifts ought to be between the giver and receiver, thats all.

I don't spray money or announce any donations i make. Whatever i have, i drop quietly and move, if i don't have anything,i show face 4 ur ceremony and move, I LIVE TO MPRESS ONLY GOD.

I am currently in a function and the thing is just pissing me off.
One bad thing i noticed is; The higher your money, the higher the claps and cheers, very bad indeed.
Clapping heavily for som1 that worth more than 5million, donating 100k and less for the one that has ONLY 20k home and Abroad while donating 5k, is FOOLISHNESS TO ME.

One thing i like about my landlord is; his simplicity and low key giving, Nigga amazes me everytime. The gentle man has more than 50 people he pays school fees for, he donates and contribute heavily in d community his charity work is extremely amazing but u wud NEVER know. That is how it ought to be.
A gift that is sounded and announced is no longer a gift to me.

Pls for those of u that have travelled abroad, is this bad behaviour also rampant there?
Most places you term "house of God" are just temples of marmon.

1 Like

Re: This Stupid Mentality In Ceremonies. by lalabrother: 8:15pm On Nov 20, 2023
Poverty die die die!!!
Re: This Stupid Mentality In Ceremonies. by Smartguyboy(m): 8:19pm On Nov 20, 2023
MSN1:

Wots d percentage?

The fact is dat; in Naija; even d poor, have dat wack mentality of showing off with their last Naira.

Not true
FYI
Anything we are doing today white do it more than us.
Re: This Stupid Mentality In Ceremonies. by InvertedHammer: 8:58pm On Nov 20, 2023
MSN1:
I have been having this big question about how we behave in ceremonies, MOSTLY Nigerians.

Personally, i think the idea of throwing money and announcing donation amounts in ceremonies is a very awkward practice. The funniest thing is; they have taken it to d church.
The harvest i attended last Sunday, they turned it to money competition, just imagine in the house of God. I just picked myself and moved out.

The fact is; Giving / Gifts ought to be between the giver and receiver, thats all.

I don't spray money or announce any donations i make. Whatever i have, i drop quietly and move, if i don't have anything,i show face 4 ur ceremony and move, I LIVE TO MPRESS ONLY GOD.

I am currently in a function and the thing is just pissing me off.
One bad thing i noticed is; The higher your money, the higher the claps and cheers, very bad indeed.
Clapping heavily for som1 that worth more than 5million, donating 100k and less for the one that has ONLY 20k home and Abroad while donating 5k, is FOOLISHNESS TO ME.

One thing i like about my landlord is; his simplicity and low key giving, Nigga amazes me everytime. The gentle man has more than 50 people he pays school fees for, he donates and contribute heavily in d community his charity work is extremely amazing but u wud NEVER know. That is how it ought to be.
A gift that is sounded and announced is no longer a gift to me.

Pls for those of u that have travelled abroad, is this bad behaviour also rampant there?
/

It is the same among blacks everywhere. The poorest race but the most wasteful race. Neighbors must be peppered.

/

1 Like

Re: This Stupid Mentality In Ceremonies. by Goodman247: 10:23pm On Nov 20, 2023
That practisce is primitive to me and an abuse of money, I dt really like spraying money in ceremony, l better put it in an envelope and give to d celebrant

1 Like

Re: This Stupid Mentality In Ceremonies. by Newborn27(f): 2:37am On Nov 21, 2023
Majority have said it all....it is showoff that causes such actand inferiority complex.

Many of them spending like that are usually doing so to gain publicity and likeness.

Genuinely wealthy persons don't handle cash in such manners...*Omo ojuorolari loman so Omo re ni Olaniyonu*

Then the aspect of church being a major influence on this such act proves the words of God in Revelations.....many Christians are just church goers today and their pastors sees pastorial ministry as a Poverty alleviation scheme... they'd even sideline you once they know your worth financially and start ass-licking the rich ones irrespective of their illegitimate source of income.

I only go to church to worship God not show off...and I'm good at ignoring people that loves showing off...u buy a new car...phone or wears and started feeling fly... I'd just look away as if I never noticed the changes In you.

1 Like

Re: This Stupid Mentality In Ceremonies. by Pins(m): 7:56am On Nov 21, 2023
For me although I don't like it very much but I also look at it from this perspective when it is said out the donor is automatically committed due to public opinion just in case the donation is not instant but if the person just decides in his or her mind, he or she can decide not to make the donation as nothing to keep the person committed to pay the pledge but if people know or someone knows the person is more likely to pay just to keep his or her image. Also open donation also encourages others to donate that have but are still contemplating whether to or not to. Just my view.
Re: This Stupid Mentality In Ceremonies. by pvago(m): 7:55am On Mar 08
Buy all pva accounts from pvago.com Get USA phone number verified accounts PVA instantly delivered within 24 Hours replacement guaranty Logins and Passwords High Quality Guaranteed Phone Verified Accounts..
Re: This Stupid Mentality In Ceremonies. by oweniwe(m): 12:56pm On Mar 08
Biisola:
I attended a church program some weeks back and a slip was passed to me,when I read it,it was some donations for the pastor birthday.

I just silently keep it in my pocket

Na Christ Embassy grin
Re: This Stupid Mentality In Ceremonies. by pvago(m): 4:50pm On Apr 28
Buy Edu Emails Is a Modern System That Brings US Communication.We Provide Actually Give You The Real Educational Address.So You Can Order Fearlessly On Our Website.
buy edu emails
buy edu email address

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Most Women Feel So Uncomfortable With Their In-laws? / Why Are Most Nigerian Nurses Inconsiderate And Uncompassionate? / Father Names His Newborn Baby After President Buhari In Bauchi (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.