Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Differences Between The Kano Judgment And Peter Obi Membership Case At PEPT - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Differences Between The Kano Judgment And Peter Obi Membership Case At PEPT (18274 Views)

Peter Obi And LP's Case Dismissed At PEPT / Governors Yahaya Bello, Mai Buni, Hope Uzodinma, Oyebanji At PEPT Abuja / PDP: Court Of Appeal Kaduna Grants Stay Execution For High Court Kano Judgment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Differences Between The Kano Judgment And Peter Obi Membership Case At PEPT by PDPdestroyer(m): 11:36am On Nov 20, 2023
Lol. You get time ooo, you are explaining legal jargons and procedures to people who thought the German Chancellor is the same as a University Vice Chancellor grin
Re: Differences Between The Kano Judgment And Peter Obi Membership Case At PEPT by onuman: 11:37am On Nov 20, 2023
garfield1:

All documents submitted to inec by parties can be obtained after payment of fees.apc obtained all documents nnpp submitted to inec.it is public documents not secret sir.apc brought overwhelming evidence.
Where is the fulanization here? You prefer atiku a Fulani to tinubu and you still complain about fulanis? Are you aware that Kano governor Abba Kabir and kwankwaso are fulanis while gawuna of apc is Hausa? You see how you disgraced yourself childishly

APC did not obtain any relevant document from INEC to rule on this case.

Labour Party and PDP procured every relevant document to prove that Bola Tinubu was not qualified for presidential election.

PDP procured every relevant information that proved that Shettima was not legible to contest as VP to Tinubu.
Develop more sense: a governor in the SE region is in favour of Fulanization and Islamization of Nigeria through a one party system. So what difference has the APC candidate not being Fulani make in Buhari's one party desires?

1 Like

Re: Differences Between The Kano Judgment And Peter Obi Membership Case At PEPT by slivertongue: 11:39am On Nov 20, 2023
garfield1:

Kaze hailed the judgment and even stated that mwadkom is excluded from the rerun

did he return to court? NO

The judgement is clear, kaze has no say in the enforcement of the judgement. Those holding such view are anarchical in thinking, moreover they forget that parties are abstract, SDP or Accord, etc will be an option not APC not LP not NNPP. PDP we move
Re: Differences Between The Kano Judgment And Peter Obi Membership Case At PEPT by Kukutente23: 11:44am On Nov 20, 2023
Pierocash:
If this is true why is he suing his own party NNPP?
What is he suing for?
I'm not aware of that and how that helps his case
But what happened is in the public domain. You can check and confirm
Re: Differences Between The Kano Judgment And Peter Obi Membership Case At PEPT by Misterone: 11:44am On Nov 20, 2023
Pierocash:
If it was APC that were found in same situation,the court would have interpreted it differently.

But however, I still can't fathom the reason why a political party that is gunning for a very serious contest as Governorship election will fail to screen all the relevant sections of the law before embarking on such serious mission. Were they thinking that they could never win or what? Knowing fully well that even if you win, you can be removed by the court once the looser exploits that loopholes.

I see that as foolishness
In 2019, APC lost Zamfara because they failed to conduct primaries as requested by a court of law
Re: Differences Between The Kano Judgment And Peter Obi Membership Case At PEPT by Kukutente23: 11:57am On Nov 20, 2023
garfield1:

The matter at pepc was based on section 77 of the electoral act.apc in Kano came under 177 of the constitution.all constitutional matters can be sued by any aggrieved party
Stop capping nonsense. There's nothing in either both s77 of EA or s177 that prescribes how one can be validated as a member of a political party. Political parties are at liberty to determine their membership

1 Like

Re: Differences Between The Kano Judgment And Peter Obi Membership Case At PEPT by Kukutente23: 12:03pm On Nov 20, 2023
garfield1:

All documents submitted to inec by parties can be obtained after payment of fees.apc obtained all documents nnpp submitted to inec.it is public documents not secret sir.apc brought overwhelming evidence.
Where is the fulanization here? You prefer atiku a Fulani to tinubu and you still complain about fulanis? Are you aware that Kano governor Abba Kabir and kwankwaso are fulanis while gawuna of apc is Hausa? You see how you disgraced yourself childishly
You're full of shit. Only the court or tribunal can order such documents to be released by INEC. INEC have no right to release documents without a court order. There's nothing like public document there.
Re: Differences Between The Kano Judgment And Peter Obi Membership Case At PEPT by MatrixCircle: 12:03pm On Nov 20, 2023
Rumble in the jungle of Nigeria jungle judiciary grin
Re: Differences Between The Kano Judgment And Peter Obi Membership Case At PEPT by garfield1: 12:16pm On Nov 20, 2023
Kukutente23:

You're full of shit. Only the court or tribunal can order such documents to be released by INEC. INEC have no right to release documents without a court order. There's nothing like public document there.

Stupidity turned to childish stalking
Re: Differences Between The Kano Judgment And Peter Obi Membership Case At PEPT by garfield1: 12:17pm On Nov 20, 2023
slivertongue:

did he return to court? NO

The judgement is clear, kaze has no say in the enforcement of the judgement. Those holding such view are anarchical in thinking, moreover they forget that parties are abstract, SDP or Accord, etc will be an option not APC not LP not NNPP. PDP we move

Just expect a likely loss at the apex court
Re: Differences Between The Kano Judgment And Peter Obi Membership Case At PEPT by ceevictor(m): 12:21pm On Nov 20, 2023
Pierocash:
If it was APC that were found in same situation,the court would have interpreted it differently.

But however, I still can't fathom the reason why a political party that is gunning for a very serious contest as Governorship election will fail to screen all the relevant sections of the law before embarking on such serious mission. Were they thinking that they could never win or what? Knowing fully well that even if you win, you can be removed by the court once the looser exploits that loopholes.

Don't be deceived... Same political party that gives waiver to candidate Even two weeks to an election and the same candidate emerges as a candidate and eventually wins election. All these courts sacking people unjustly go hear am soon
Re: Differences Between The Kano Judgment And Peter Obi Membership Case At PEPT by garfield1: 12:27pm On Nov 20, 2023
onuman:

APC did not obtain any relevant document from INEC to rule on this case.

Labour Party and PDP procured every relevant document to prove that Bola Tinubu was not qualified for presidential election.

PDP procured every relevant information that proved that Shettima was not legible to contest as VP to Tinubu.
Develop more sense: a governor in the SE region is in favour of Fulanization and Islamization of Nigeria through a one party system. So what difference has the APC candidate not being Fulani make in Buhari's one party desires?

Oga,apc obtained the register of nnpp from inec,his membership card,nomination form from inec via a court order and presented them.
All the documents lp brought against tinubu were irrelevant as it didn't show that tinubu wasn't qualified.
Atiku case against shettima was based on the electoral act and the electoral act says nomination is an internal matter.it is not a constitutional matter.besides,shettima submitted his resignation letter to apc before the deadline so you have no point.
You want to run and digress from the main point.the point you were making was that fulanis are dominating Kano and the north and it is not do.tinubu appointment is favouring northern christians more than Muslims.atiku that you prefer,is he not a Fulani? When pdp dominated SE from 1999-2015,was it not fulanization? Ikpeazu that allowed fulanis to have enclaves in abia,why haven't you attacked him? What of ugwuanyi that cries when fulanis attack Enugu? Sine hope came to power,where is the evidence that fulanis are dominating imo?
Oga,under tinubu,fulanis are powerless.is datti baba not a Fulani/arab? You have no point.better keep shut
Re: Differences Between The Kano Judgment And Peter Obi Membership Case At PEPT by yankison(m): 12:37pm On Nov 20, 2023
[quote author=Afamed post=127065639]

Same bla bla bla

Which una patients?
When supreme court pronounced your Pandora fraud the winner of Anambra Govship election years ago, the court didn't try una patients?
When same supreme court reinstated your Pandora fraud after he was illegally removed, the court didn't try una patients.

Hypocrite na una middle name.
[/quote

You will just be defending mediocrity ..what is wrong with your soul , are you sure you happy the way the Country is been Run ? Or what has the guy said that is far from truth .. Get some shame
Re: Differences Between The Kano Judgment And Peter Obi Membership Case At PEPT by Kukutente23: 12:41pm On Nov 20, 2023
garfield1:

Stupidity turned to childish stalking
Daft lying agbadorian monkey

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Differences Between The Kano Judgment And Peter Obi Membership Case At PEPT by garfield1: 12:43pm On Nov 20, 2023
Kukutente23:

Daft lying agbadorian monkey

Dim witted dumbo
Re: Differences Between The Kano Judgment And Peter Obi Membership Case At PEPT by bahaushe1: 12:51pm On Nov 20, 2023
manutdrichie:
grin grin

You go explain tire, base on the previous judgments unless NNPP denied sponsoring Abba GIda Gida as their candidate, there is no known law that can remove him.

Tinubu has finished us as a country

It is the other way round, NNPP has to prove to the court that it sponsored him and that he is its member, according to S177 of the Constitution.

Unfortunately, Abba and NNPP couldn't present anything to the court to prove that despite the plethora of documents at their disposal. They wasted their time on documents that cannot be given any legal value.
Re: Differences Between The Kano Judgment And Peter Obi Membership Case At PEPT by Kukutente23: 12:53pm On Nov 20, 2023
garfield1:

Dim witted dumbo
Cretinous dunce
Re: Differences Between The Kano Judgment And Peter Obi Membership Case At PEPT by Arabk25: 1:04pm On Nov 20, 2023
Nigerian politicians be like just give the judgment and leave the rest for we can handle the rest
Re: Differences Between The Kano Judgment And Peter Obi Membership Case At PEPT by Petacephas: 1:10pm On Nov 20, 2023
Bros we need to connect. Abeg I need your contact
Xwizard:
foolishness of the highest order who’s to be blamed for this if not for the useless INEC. You people are just doing different constitutions for yourself. How come he was on the ballot before the general election, who’s id going down this uselessness.

One of the controlling tools politicians use to control us is hunger, don’t say much it’s a deliberate attempts to keep us on toes and shut the Bleep off. Now I found a way to use that same tools against them. Cos I wonder why border is still closed to us while they monopolize the importations themselves, using forex to scams themselves not us. Lol tho that’s a win win for us tho.
I have my plans ready, very soon I will show you all, am getting my facts figures and capital ready for now.
ONE SINGLE WAY to win these people is to become a farmer. Lol it’s funny right ? You will all learn the hard way, if you can’t decode why I said we all complaining now, needs to become a farmer of any thing you can plant.

60 millions Nigerians complaining now, should all shut their TVs off for now, get at least a half plot of land, plant cassava, or yam, then pepper and corn on the same parcel, then come back and continue your criticism or grievances to whatever party. Do these monthly if possible, it won’t even take 3days to do it alone without assistance.

Government can’t beat us if we are feeding well without stress, let me give you another bonus, we can also export and make money in dollars, you don’t understand, whatever you plant on that half of land, in just 3days, can buy you a car, if you paid in dollars, with politicians been stupid with the economy, e go just be our gain.

I just decode why they will never hear our pleas, let me give you an hint, you see anytime they swearing them in, there is another room they take these politicians in, where they cut off their both ears, they will never hear our plea.
As I was saying, find a way to feed yourself and your family, politicians can stop what you plant from germinating, the economy is not needed. Just a land, what to plant and man power. This is not an information to be kept to my self, Agricultural produces alone can make us the biggest economy in the world, with our land mass, while they (the politicians) keep siphoning the little stipends they see from oil. You need government to extract crude, you don’t need them to plant.
Me myself I’ve not started, but I will come back and show you all result. Oooh! Let’s I forget, I can crash the prices of garri and rice, in just 24months both back to 10k per bag. Looool am not joking, in 3mins, i will explain it to you, and you will agree. Israel only plants on rocks, they don’t have lands to plant, but they have one of the biggest tomatoes and fruits. But here we dey use land do sambisa for here.

Anyway shall know you can’t fight these politicians, circle is so wide and filthy to join. You can’t beat them not even a revolution when half the country is hungry. Who wan shout.

We can even monopolize the farm produces to ourselves if we want, so for them to keep controlling us, means they need to crack down agriculture investment by investing in it themselves. What politicians can’t do to keep the poor on toes, I never see. Let make this people, let everyone start planting, start by getting your immediate families what to feed on, then from there move to your localities.

See I can’t explain it all, if you have money, btw 2-5m you can make agriculture your bussines model, stuffs and simple without stress but don’t go into live stock farming for now, for starters just base on cassava only.
Re: Differences Between The Kano Judgment And Peter Obi Membership Case At PEPT by Babinski: 1:23pm On Nov 20, 2023
garfield1:

@ Okoi Obono-Obla

The material facts of the cases are the same and apply to issues of membership of a Political Party. The argument was that Obi was not a member of LP as at the time of election due to failure to comply with Section 77(3) of the Electoral Act. Similarly in the Kano Governor Kabir Yusuf case, the argument was that he was not properly sponsored by the party due to issues with his membership in contravention of Section 177(c) of the Constitution. The material facts are the same and speak to issues relating to membership of a Political party.

It is decided point of law by the Supreme Court that issues as to membership of a Political Party are party affairs and the Court has no jurisdiction. Tha was the position on Peter Obi case.

Recall also that when PDP was trying to exploit irregularities on the nomination of Shettima in attempt to void Tinubu's victory, the Supreme Court called PDP meddlesome interlopers.

Trying to use membership of NNPP to remove Kabir Yusuf as done by the Tirbunal and Appeal Court are clearly contrary to the position of the Supreme Court and the established law in the country on such matters! This OP or Okoi Obono-Obla are both just trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the public with their crude attempt at sophistry.

Read these references:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2023/11/kano-nnpp-rejects-sack-of-gov-yusuf/amp/

https://www.thecable.ng/youre-a-meddlesome-interloper-supreme-court-reprimands-pdp-over-double-nomination-suit/amp

https://lawpavilion.com/blog/is-an-action-based-on-the-determination-of-membership-of-a-political-party-justiciable/

2 Likes

Re: Differences Between The Kano Judgment And Peter Obi Membership Case At PEPT by Paulezeah: 1:46pm On Nov 20, 2023
That was when the court was functioning
Re: Differences Between The Kano Judgment And Peter Obi Membership Case At PEPT by Justnation: 1:51pm On Nov 20, 2023
Tinubu and APC is turning Nigeria into a banana republic.
The judiciary is now gradually turning to a branch of APC just like Inec .
Conflicting judgements are churned out, and arm chair legal interpreters will quickly dish out jargons to back the absurdity.
Nigeria is our country let the powers that be take it easy for posterity.
APC must not be the only party to rule.
Every where it is now APC winning in the courts, about 4 governors of the opposition party are about to be removed for APC, senators and reps are losing their mandates to APC just like that.
Nigeria is for all of us.
Thank you
Re: Differences Between The Kano Judgment And Peter Obi Membership Case At PEPT by koboko69: 2:03pm On Nov 20, 2023
Fiscus105:

We always find way to validate wrong doing in Nigeria, the APPEAL COURT, which is tribunal of PEPT, says the APC has no locust standing on inter affair of labour party to challenge Obi.

Why APC now has locust standing to challenge NNPC cos it doesn't properly sponsor Kabri? Is it not internal affairs again?

Meanwhile, when we talk of judicial precedent, since it was APPEAL COURT THAT EARLIER RULED THAT, "APC DOESN'T HAVE LOCUS STANDING TO CHALLENGE LABOUR PARTY, WHILE APPEAL COURT OF KANO NOT FOLLOWING SIMILAR EARLIER JUDGMENT SINCE ITS SAME COURT OF COORDINATE JURISDICTION ?

Let us be truthful to ourselves,these judges would find loopholes to awards judgment to highest bidders.

Dnt forget how Uzor Kalu escaped from prison, just because the judge that convincted him, has been promoted to appeal court by the time judgment being delivered, is that enough reason not to convict a criminal?

Read u nor go read.
internal Party matters is different from CONSTITUTIONAL matters.
Re: Differences Between The Kano Judgment And Peter Obi Membership Case At PEPT by garfield1: 2:11pm On Nov 20, 2023
Kukutente23:

Cretinous dunce

Ntin owo.up tinubu
Re: Differences Between The Kano Judgment And Peter Obi Membership Case At PEPT by slivertongue: 2:13pm On Nov 20, 2023
garfield1:

Just expect a likely loss at the apex court

APC has come to end of falsehood. Supreme Court will either follow it's already laid down precedence as seen in Jegede Vs Akeredolu or do a u-turn &shame herself. This case is very simple to understand going by recent Supreme Court judgement.

1 Like

Re: Differences Between The Kano Judgment And Peter Obi Membership Case At PEPT by Pierocash(m): 2:14pm On Nov 20, 2023
Kukutente23:

What is he suing for?
I'm not aware of that and how that helps his case
But what happened is in the public domain. You can check and confirm
Go and verify, he sued his party for failing to conduct a valid primary election. The case is still in court , go and verify
Re: Differences Between The Kano Judgment And Peter Obi Membership Case At PEPT by garfield1: 2:17pm On Nov 20, 2023
Babinski:

The material facts of the cases are the same and apply to issues of membership of a Political Party. The argument was that Obi was not a member of LP as at the time of election due to failure to comply with Section 77(3) of the Electoral Act. Similarly in the Kano Governor Kabir Yusuf case, the argument was that he was not properly sponsored by the party due to issues with his membership in contravention of Section 177(c) of the Constitution. The material facts are the same and speak to issues relating to membership of a Political party.

It is decided point of law by the Supreme Court that issues as to membership of a Political Party are party affairs and the Court has no jurisdiction. Tha was the position on Peter Obi case.

Recall also that when PDP was trying to exploit irregularities on the nomination of Shettima in attempt to void Tinubu's victory, the Supreme Court called PDP meddlesome interlopers.

Trying to use membership of NNPP to remove Kabir Yusuf as done by the Tirbunal and Appeal Court are clearly contrary to the position of the Supreme Court and the established law in the country on such matters! This OP or Okoi Obono-Obla are both just trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the public with their crude attempt at sophistry.

Read these references:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2023/11/kano-nnpp-rejects-sack-of-gov-yusuf/amp/

https://www.thecable.ng/youre-a-meddlesome-interloper-supreme-court-reprimands-pdp-over-double-nomination-suit/amp

https://lawpavilion.com/blog/is-an-action-based-on-the-determination-of-membership-of-a-political-party-justiciable/

Guy,I like your argumentative style.you are civil and mature.let me commend you for that...
Attacking another party nominations process from the electoral act or section 77 or section 134 is vain as the electoral act already in sections 29-31 and section 84 has given locus to only aspirants of a primary to sue.infact,all matters that happened before and during primaries except constitutional matters are ore election matters open to only party member...

But any matter that is constitutional is open to all concerned parties whether parties,inec,candidates,aspirants and sometimes the citizens.there is no part of the constitution that says membership matters is only restricted to party members.
Apc is not questioning his membership or primaries but sayingthat based on established facts and evidences,he is not a member of any party and didn't participate in all stages of the elections.the evidences shows that Abba Kabir belongs to no party..
Additionally, section 177 has 4 conditions A,B,C and D.all have same force,strength and locus.C cannot be watered down by any lesser law or mere statement of the supreme court in the face of glaring facts,evidences.
Section C has two preconditions which is being a party member firstly and secondly being sponsored by that party.one can't substitute for the other,both must be satisfied at all times because of the punctuation mark there
Re: Differences Between The Kano Judgment And Peter Obi Membership Case At PEPT by slivertongue: 2:19pm On Nov 20, 2023
Babinski:

Read these references:

Most party diehards will support any judicial heist as long as it benefits them especially APC supporters. They twist issues and promote falsehood.

1 Like

Re: Differences Between The Kano Judgment And Peter Obi Membership Case At PEPT by slivertongue: 2:27pm On Nov 20, 2023
garfield1:

Guy,I like your argumentative style.you are civil and mature.let me commend you for that...
Attacking another party nominations process from the electoral act or section 77 or section 134 is vain as the electoral act already in sections 29-31 and section 84 has given locus to only aspirants of a primary to sue.infact,all matters that happened before and during primaries except constitutional matters are ore election matters open to only party member...

But any matter that is constitutional is open to all concerned parties whether parties,inec,candidates,aspirants and sometimes the citizens.there is no part of the constitution that says membership matters is only restricted to party members.
Apc is not questioning his membership or primaries but sayingthat based on established facts and evidences,he is not a member of any party and didn't participate in all stages of the elections.the evidences shows that Abba Kabir belongs to no party

The Supreme Court has made it clear that there is NO room for independent candidate so any person contesting must come under the banner of a party as it's the party the sponsors a candidate and invariably contests an election in Nigeria. Therefore the parties are free to sponsor who pleases them suffices there is no Internal contestations. If rightly so as put forward by the Supreme Court then no non party member can challenge the event in another party.
Re: Differences Between The Kano Judgment And Peter Obi Membership Case At PEPT by garfield1: 2:30pm On Nov 20, 2023
slivertongue:

The Supreme Court has made it clear that there is NO room for independent candidate so any person contesting must come under the banner of a party as it's the party the sponsors a candidate and invariably contests an election in Nigeria. Therefore the parties are free to sponsor who pleases them suffices there is no Internal contestations. If rightly so as put forward by the Supreme Court then no non party member can challenge the event in another party.

Parties must sponsor candidates legally
Re: Differences Between The Kano Judgment And Peter Obi Membership Case At PEPT by EjehDtiger: 2:30pm On Nov 20, 2023
Pierocash:

But however, I still can't fathom the reason why a political party that is gunning for a very serious contest as Governorship election will fail to screen all the relevant sections of the law before embarking on such serious mission. Were they thinking that they could never win or what? Knowing fully well that even if you win, you can be removed by the court once the looser exploits that loophole.

Is it that you choose to be biased or do you simply have amnesia?
In 2019, APC had the same situation with Plateau in Zamfara, won the election but was thrown out by the court. In the same 2019, APC was denied participation in the governorship elections in Rivers state by the court. All this happened under the watch of former President MB, an APC man. Do not be emotional in your judgement so you won't be seen as biased.
Re: Differences Between The Kano Judgment And Peter Obi Membership Case At PEPT by garfield1: 2:31pm On Nov 20, 2023
slivertongue:

APC has come to end of falsehood. Supreme Court will either follow it's already laid down precedence as seen in Jegede Vs Akeredolu or do a u-turn &shame herself. This case is very simple to understand going by recent Supreme Court judgement.
Section 177 is in play.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan Is Working, Haters Are Talking! (New Images Are Added Daily) / ESe Oruru: Emir Of Kano And Those Distorting The Narrative, By Femi Fani-kayode / Abia Speaker, Martins Azubuike, Impeached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.