Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,926 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Subsidy Removal: FG Records Over N1 Trillion Monthly Revenue Inflow – Wale-Edun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Removal: FG Records Over N1 Trillion Monthly Revenue Inflow – Wale-Edun (14558 Views)

Wale Edun: With Fuel Subsidy Removal, FG Has Ended Borrowing / Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs / Subsidy Removal: FG Saves ₦‎400 Billion In Four Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Subsidy Removal: FG Records Over N1 Trillion Monthly Revenue Inflow – Wale-Edun by Racoon(m): 4:44pm On Nov 20, 2023
The Minister of Finance, Mr Wale Edun says that the Federation Account is witnessing improved revenue inflow since the removal of subsidy from average of N650 million monthly to over N1 trillion in the last four months.

The minister stated this on Monday in Asaba at the opening ceremony of a four-day retreat organised for members of the Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) .The minister, represented by the Permanent Secretary, Finance, Special Duties, Mr Okokon Udo said the government had for long, realised that petroleum subsidy was not sustainable.

According to him, subsidy regime eroded revenues that should had been available to fund viable expenditures that were critical to the well-being of the populace. The minister said the present administration was mindful of the needs and welfare of Nigerians and assured that it would continue to implement peoples oriented policies..

“’We all know that achieving tax revenue to Gross Domestic Product (GDP) target of 22 per cent and tax to GDP of 18 per cent by 2026 are parts of the cardinal objectives of this administration. [b]”However, in doing that we appreciate the needs not to overburden the tax payers by introducing so many new taxes. What is necessary to be done is to broaden the tax base, simplify and streamline tax administration for ease of collection,” he said.[/b]

Edun added “Among the prior activities of this government after coming into office, was the constitution of a Presidential Committee of Fiscal Policy and Tax Reforns. The committee has submitted an interim report which is full of optimism’’.

The minister also noted that the present administration was not oblivious of the untold hardship faced by Nigerians, following the removal of fuel subsidy, and harmonisation of exchange rates.
He reassured that all the sacrifices made by people would never be in vain.

”Government is bent on ensuring that the economy bounces back to normal as we continue to consolidate on recovery efforts with focusing on achieving inclusive economic growth and development,” he added. Edun said that President Bola Tinubu-led administration has so far put in place a well-structured palliative measures to cushion the economic consequences of the ongoing reforms.

On the theme of theme of the Retreat, ”Creating a Resilient Economic through Diversification of the Nation’s Revenue”, the minister commended the choice, stressing that it was suitabl. Edun also noted that retreat clearly outlined the urgent need to diversify the nation’s economy.

In an opening remark, Gov. Sheriff Oborevwori of Delta tasked the federal government to muster the political will by putting necessary policy and institutional framework in place to diversify the nation’s economy. The governor, represented by his Deputy, Sir Monday Onyeme said that there was no magic wand to diversify the nation’s economy from over dependence on revenue from crude oil unless concerted efforts were made in other key sectors.

He noted that the diversification of the nation’s economy must go beyond mere rhetoric to concrete measurable steps by facilitating the non-oil exports such as agricultural products, manufactured goods and services as well as the expansion of the revenue base. Oborevwori affirmed that Delta was taking the lead to diversify its economy by creating a Trade and Export unit to drive the process in order to make economic diversification a reality.

He noted that some schools of thought believed that the discovery of crude oil which led to the neglect of agriculture and other revenue yielding non-oil sectors of the economy was a curse. Oborevwori said the country had not properly managed its oil wealth adding that it was worrisome that the oil sector contributed between five per cent and seven per cent of the nation’s GDP.

He added that the non-oil sector mostly agriculture, agribusiness, manufacturing and small scale enterprises contributed 93 per cent to 95 per cent, yet the bulk of public revenue was from the oil and gas sector.

”Statistics have made it more exigent for the government to grow the non-oil sector to widen the revenue base, nwhile ensuring that maximum benefits were derived from the e oil industry,” he said.

The governor commended FAAC committee for its commitment to duty by enhancing revenue accruals into the federation account. He urged the committee to look into the payment of 13 per cent derivation to oil producing states.

Oborevwori challenged the committee to use the retreat to address the concerns raised by stakeholders in respect of the new roles of the Nigeria National Petroleum Company Limited, among others by giving better understanding on their roles in the economic diversification of the country.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Accountant Generals from the thirty six states and the FCT as well as other stakeholders such as the Customs are attending the retreat.

(
https://thenationonlineng.net/subsidy-removal-fg-records-over-n1trn-monthly-revenue-inflow-minister/

9 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Records Over N1 Trillion Monthly Revenue Inflow – Wale-Edun by TemplarLandry: 4:46pm On Nov 20, 2023
Great!
The money will be put to good use.
#RenewedHope

I dedicate “Cash Flow” by Ace Hood feat. Rick Ross & T-Pain to this news.
Great jam!

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Records Over N1 Trillion Monthly Revenue Inflow – Wale-Edun by Tochi3(m): 4:47pm On Nov 20, 2023
..is another one.. grin grin

..Thief'nubu desperately searching for competence & acheivements on paper to better his irreparable damaged life.. grin

...but know this balablu.. lies, deceit & propaganda will take the emilokans nowhere

97 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Records Over N1 Trillion Monthly Revenue Inflow – Wale-Edun by EbolaTinubu: 4:47pm On Nov 20, 2023
Lies upon lies!
They will just convert the money for the procurement of Seyi's yatch and his numerous holoshos

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Records Over N1 Trillion Monthly Revenue Inflow – Wale-Edun by EbolaTinubu: 4:48pm On Nov 20, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool
Do you have work so you this zombie?
Go and look for what to do so that you will useful to your miserable life

34 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Records Over N1 Trillion Monthly Revenue Inflow – Wale-Edun by Racoon(m): 4:48pm On Nov 20, 2023
Another brazen lie. After the multiple lie and propaganda, the phantom claims of revenue generation can't explain the humongous loans, borrowings, but their ostentatious lifestyle and financial profligacy continued unabated.

44 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Records Over N1 Trillion Monthly Revenue Inflow – Wale-Edun by Faiththatworks(m): 4:55pm On Nov 20, 2023
This figures are very impressive and I must really commend the present government for rolling out this figures,it is a good start and we really hope they take it one step further by publishing how much is given to every state and local government every month
In as much as this figures are impressive,there is need to bring the Government's attention to the very high price of Diesel and Kerosene
In a country where Electricity is a luxury,most companies run on Diesel and form my observation,the price of Diesel is closer to 1300 per litre in some states
The question this government needs to answer is either to keep this money or start subsidizing Diesel
If that price doesn't come down soon,a lot of companies will be forced to let go most of their workers or they will pass the price hike to the consumer
I really pray that the President compels those parasites in NNPCL to start feeding Dangote Refinery next month or start up the Port Harcourt Refinery
If the only thing they do is to start Refining Diesel,I am okay
Once again,I encourage investors with eyes on the future to click the link for an opportunity to invest in the Ibeju Lekki Industrial Hub:
https://www.nairaland.com/7905580/introducing-silvergate-estate-ibeju-lekki

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Records Over N1 Trillion Monthly Revenue Inflow – Wale-Edun by EyeCumInPiss: 5:09pm On Nov 20, 2023
Of what use is ₦1000000Trillion revenue if it can not reduce the level of hardship in the land.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Records Over N1 Trillion Monthly Revenue Inflow – Wale-Edun by derecho(m): 5:18pm On Nov 20, 2023
Kikikiki...Nigerians already know Tinubu and his supporters are shameless liars

Ask them to use the money, you'll hear another story

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Records Over N1 Trillion Monthly Revenue Inflow – Wale-Edun by Mynd44: 5:22pm On Nov 20, 2023
State governors are happy 😄 AF

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Records Over N1 Trillion Monthly Revenue Inflow – Wale-Edun by slivertongue: 5:28pm On Nov 20, 2023
audio recovery. recovery that has no positive effects on the country

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Records Over N1 Trillion Monthly Revenue Inflow – Wale-Edun by superCleanworks(m): 5:30pm On Nov 20, 2023
dem don start again

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Records Over N1 Trillion Monthly Revenue Inflow – Wale-Edun by Theunbothered: 5:30pm On Nov 20, 2023
Inflow going straight to his pocket. For those who don't know Wale Edun's attempt to forcefully takeover shares at GSK is why they left Nigeria and now sell drugs through middlemen at 1000% the original cost.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Records Over N1 Trillion Monthly Revenue Inflow – Wale-Edun by DKM123: 5:30pm On Nov 20, 2023
LMAO. Shebi na all this propaganda Nigerians go chop?

They devalue the naira so they can convert the dollars and say they got trillion naira inflow.

Okay use the inflow and work na, since Nigerians are suffering and dying for this "inflow", NOTHING but looting.

Basteerds!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Records Over N1 Trillion Monthly Revenue Inflow – Wale-Edun by delvo: 5:30pm On Nov 20, 2023
All this figures and the common man can't eat. Thunder fire all of una

7 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Records Over N1 Trillion Monthly Revenue Inflow – Wale-Edun by Nahunger(m): 5:31pm On Nov 20, 2023
grin
Inside APC vault abi polithiefians aza
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Bunch of 🤡

3 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Records Over N1 Trillion Monthly Revenue Inflow – Wale-Edun by Hezmatosky: 5:31pm On Nov 20, 2023
No put yourself for wahala o
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Records Over N1 Trillion Monthly Revenue Inflow – Wale-Edun by blowjohn(m): 5:31pm On Nov 20, 2023
So why are we not able to repair our refineries?

5 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Records Over N1 Trillion Monthly Revenue Inflow – Wale-Edun by Joseph099(m): 5:31pm On Nov 20, 2023
And how has it been spent? And have the lives of citizens been better?... This people really just take us for a fool mehhn

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Records Over N1 Trillion Monthly Revenue Inflow – Wale-Edun by specialmati(m): 5:32pm On Nov 20, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin this is what you will be hearing till after 4years they will come with another scam format

5 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Records Over N1 Trillion Monthly Revenue Inflow – Wale-Edun by Manny21: 5:32pm On Nov 20, 2023
Money for sharing and looting.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Records Over N1 Trillion Monthly Revenue Inflow – Wale-Edun by Kingpele(m): 5:32pm On Nov 20, 2023
grin grin grin tell that to your brainwashed zombies I mean the agbadorians...u made trillion and still go on borrowing spree to buy exotic cars and yacht for yourself and your rubber stamp national Assembly...the joke is on u guys

9 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Records Over N1 Trillion Monthly Revenue Inflow – Wale-Edun by user32(m): 5:33pm On Nov 20, 2023
SCAM ALERT

5 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Records Over N1 Trillion Monthly Revenue Inflow – Wale-Edun by Blaze14k: 5:33pm On Nov 20, 2023
So what is the essence of going to borrow 7billiin dollars

6 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Records Over N1 Trillion Monthly Revenue Inflow – Wale-Edun by dahmie2013: 5:33pm On Nov 20, 2023
Makes no sense considering what we are owing.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Records Over N1 Trillion Monthly Revenue Inflow – Wale-Edun by wizelink(m): 5:34pm On Nov 20, 2023
Make una dey call money name and people dey die of hunger. Greedy people

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Records Over N1 Trillion Monthly Revenue Inflow – Wale-Edun by Creativ841: 5:34pm On Nov 20, 2023
Q

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Records Over N1 Trillion Monthly Revenue Inflow – Wale-Edun by Xwizard: 5:34pm On Nov 20, 2023
One of the tools politicians use to control is hunger, don’t say much it’s a deliberate attempts to keep us on toes and shut the Bleep off. Now I found a way to use that same tools against them. Cos I wonder why border is still closed to us while they monopolize the importations themselves, using forex to scams themselves not us. Lol tho that’s a win win for us tho.
I have my plans ready, very soon I will show you all, am getting my facts figures and capital ready for now.
ONE SINGLE WAY to win these people is to become a farmer. Lol it’s funny right ? You will all learn the hard way, if you can’t decode why I said we all complaining now, needs to become a farmer of any thing you can plant.

60 millions Nigerians complaining now, should all shut their TVs off for now, get at least a half plot of land, plant cassava, or yam, then pepper and corn on the same parcel, then come back and continue your criticism or grievances to whatever party. Do these monthly if possible, it won’t even take 3days to do it alone without assistance.

Government can’t beat us if we are feeding well without stress, let me give you another bonus, we can also export and make money in dollars, you don’t understand, whatever you plant on that half of land, in just 3days, can buy you a car, if you paid in dollars, with politicians been stupid with the economy, e go just be our gain.

I just decode why they will never hear our pleas, let me give you an hint, you see anytime they swearing them in, there is another room they take these politicians in, where they cut off their both ears, they will never hear our plea.
As I was saying, find a way to feed yourself and your family, politicians can stop what you plant from germinating, the economy is not needed. Just a land, what to plant and man power. This is not an information to be kept to my self, Agricultural produces alone can make us the biggest economy in the world, with our land mass, while they (the politicians) keep siphoning the little stipends they see from oil. You need government to extract crude, you don’t need them to plant.
Me myself I’ve not started, but I will come back and show you all result. Oooh! Let’s I forget, I can crash the prices of garri and rice, in just 24months both back to 10k per bag. Looool am not joking, in 3mins, i will explain it to you, and you will agree. Israel only plants on rocks, they don’t have lands to plant, but they have one of the biggest tomatoes and fruits. But here we dey use land do sambisa for here.

Anyway shall know you can’t fight these politicians, circle is so wide and filthy to join. You can’t beat them not even a revolution when half the country is hungry. Who wan shout.

We can even monopolize the farm produces to ourselves if we want, so for them to keep controlling us, means they need to crack down agriculture investment by investing in it themselves. What politicians can’t do to keep the poor on toes, I never see. Let make this people, let everyone start planting, start by getting your immediate families what to feed on, then from there move to your localities.
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Records Over N1 Trillion Monthly Revenue Inflow – Wale-Edun by Ekehwinz: 5:34pm On Nov 20, 2023
Time to wrap up this lamba abeg

5 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Records Over N1 Trillion Monthly Revenue Inflow – Wale-Edun by Asjehr: 5:35pm On Nov 20, 2023
superCleanworks:
dem don start again
e tire me o

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Records Over N1 Trillion Monthly Revenue Inflow – Wale-Edun by BigDawsNet: 5:35pm On Nov 20, 2023
So is the dollar rate coming down soon?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

World Population Hits 7billion Today / Abacha Loot: Swiss Lawyer Tackles Malami Over Dubious N7bn Legal Fees / PDP Kicks As Kano Faction Suspends Kwankwaso For "Disrupting Congress"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.