Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,934 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others (44171 Views)

Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Allegation That Her Husband Stole From The NHIS / Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Tweet Of Adamu Supporting The Death Of Deborah / #EndSARS: Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Death Threats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by YourGFsnatcher: 6:30pm On Nov 20, 2023
Afamed:
The one who looted Anambra state resources, the one who converted a state resource to family resource, once he went to LP, he becomes a saint.

Obi the Pandora fraud who did next to nothing as a Gov , he suddenly becomes Hero beer in LP.

LP, party of Janjawe eed looters

And someone was telling me when they have biafra they will have good leaders grin I don't know if they manufacture leaders
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by seguno2: 6:30pm On Nov 20, 2023
immortalcrown:
A proof that no political party has only saints as members. I have repeatedly said that the quality of governance is not in the number of infrastructure built by a regime but in the regime's financial prudence and the economic viability of the infrastructure built by the regime. I started making this point when social media influencers were hyping the scam that was going on in Ebonyi State.

The problem is that we have a very shallow understanding and focus on governance issues.

All the wailing about this extravagance ignores the fact that so little was spent on education of children in the state, and the governor is supposed to be a communist labourer in LP, not so
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by Dittodat: 6:31pm On Nov 20, 2023
Afamed:
The one who looted Anambra state resources, the one who converted a state resource to family resource, once he went to LP, he becomes a saint.

Obi the Pandora fraud who did next to nothing as a Gov , he suddenly becomes Hero beer in LP.

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by MEGAWATCH: 6:31pm On Nov 20, 2023
Afamed:

If you talk like this concerning Obi, what will you about Tinubu?

Maybe you will refer him to the firing squad?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by tafabaloo(m): 6:32pm On Nov 20, 2023
Benwallt:
Human rights activist Aisha Yesufu has strongly criticized Governor Alex Otti of Abia State, condemning the reported lavish spending on refreshments, meals, honorarium, allowances, and welfare packages within a three-month period.
Yesufu emphatically asserted that the conventional approach to governance is unacceptable. She further advocated for a shift to more unconventional practices.

This follows the revelation in the Abia State budget performance report, titled “Abia State Third Quarter (July – September) 2023 Budget Performance.” News outfits reported that the report is on the state government’s website.

“This Q3 and Year to date performance is assessed against the revised 2023 Budget that covers the Original Budget plus an Amendment Virement sum of N22,263,269,900 as summarised below,” the report outlined.

Within the specified timeframe, the Otti-led government purportedly expended N223,389,889.84 on refreshments and meals, N305,400,000.00 on honorarium and sitting allowances for government officials, and N397,520,734.00 on welfare packages.

Furthermore, the report disclosed a claim that the the Deputy Governor’s office used N252.4 million for its running for three months.

Taking to her social media platform on Monday, Aisha Yesufu expressed her incredulity at the government’s reported expenditure, posting,

Aisha Yesufu
This woman and her husband are still enjoying their loot from NHIS.
No saint anywhere, just an opportunity to showcase their thieving skills is what they are lacking.

Obi carry state fund put fir family business and he still being regarded as a saint.
Let him try this in western world, or better in China, he usually quotes and see what happens.

1 Like

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by blamingthedevil: 6:32pm On Nov 20, 2023
What is her problem. Is she not from Edo State?
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by PHIPEX(m): 6:32pm On Nov 20, 2023
Benwallt:

Person you criticized for doing nothing is the same person your are rooting for to be president. Shocking
If you had sense you will have appreciated open criticism of LP suppprters.

People like you who see nothing wrong in the criminality in govt as long as it's by your party members is a bigger problem

1 Like

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by Throwback: 6:33pm On Nov 20, 2023
Brendaniel:

Must you guys always support unaccountability by leaders in government, even me an LP supporter is in support of what she is doing, na wa for una...

It is good he is criticized, if we are all holding those we support into office for accountability, Nigeria will move forward.

But when you shield them like APC supporters do for their leaders then impunity becomes the order

At what iteration of this cycle would you realise that something else we have not accounted for as laymen is at play?

Is it when Aisha gets to power and you criticize her own spending, only for you forming saint now to get to power, then I criticize your own spending which you would defend as would Aisha defend hers, just as Otti would also defend his own now, just as as Ikpeazu defended his own?

I ask again, until what iteration do we take a more critical and educated look at matters we criticize that is outside of our competencies?

1 Like

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by Lastmankc(m): 6:34pm On Nov 20, 2023
Maize247:
ELLu Pee Saint dey fall hands
Keep quiet,at least they can condemn there own.What about you that swallow everything your Ebola does.You can't even criticize him
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by Davicl: 6:34pm On Nov 20, 2023
Afamed:

If you remember this moniker then you should know the rest
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by Onewazobia(m): 6:34pm On Nov 20, 2023
Afamed:

No need for all these,election is past.
You are not showing sign of soundness here
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by Brendaniel: 6:35pm On Nov 20, 2023
Throwback:

At what iteration of this cycle would you realise that something else we have not accounted for as laymen is at play?

Explain please....
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by gabbasin: 6:35pm On Nov 20, 2023
The rate at which the President and governors are allocating scarce resources to themselves to the detriment of the masses yearning for good governance so that they can be lifted out of poverty shows that this country is irredeemable. When you see the budgets for their upkeep you'll wonder if these people do care about the common man, you guys are living in luxury with public funds while the masses lack the basic things of life. Nigeria's salvation will not come from these politicians but from the masses themselves. I have long lost hope in any of our politicians.
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by ItisWell22(f): 6:35pm On Nov 20, 2023
As much as this is huge, I strongly believe it’s not far from the fact that a lot of meetings have been going on between the government and aggrieved workers of various unions who have been owed for years, as well as those trying to revive various dead sectors of the state.
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by Britishpea: 6:35pm On Nov 20, 2023
VERDA:

Oga shut up, at least their supporters criticize them when they are wrong unlike nitwits like you who see nothing wrong i all ur criminal lords do.
you criticized him and flogged his incompetence, ineptitude and failure but you wanted him to become th president. Ment deh worry you people.

On another note: they wanted Adeleke so badly In Osun he’s there not failing and couldn’t do shit in Osun state
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by Justdare: 6:35pm On Nov 20, 2023
Throwback:
Maybe the question you all need to ask is if indeed such expenditure is justified, but the title or wording in the budget and cost reports do not do justice to the full scope of what it covers.

What I am saying is that Aisha and all those who spend all of their time criticising, oneday find themselves in power, and their so called "feeding budget" is also in the billions too.

Then something is fundamentally wrong with what we know, what we are told, and what we criticise, only to get to power and realise we have only been criticising like illiterates and beer parlour analysts.

Didn't Buhari insist there was nothing like subsidy before he got to power and continued paying it?

Didn't Fashola insist that a serious government would solve power problems in 6months like Bola Ige also claimed in 1999, only for both to fail in that very portfolio despite spending beyond 6months as the Minister in charge?

Did Tinubu's aide and now Minister, Dele Alake, and his current media aide Bayo Onanuga, not claim that a serious government did not need more than 1month to nominate Ministers? Are we unaware of how the Tinubu Presidency managed to beat the 60days deadline set by Buhari, by presenting incomplete list of nominees?

So we have seen old governments fail, and have also seen the erstwhile critics even fail the more when saddled with the responsibility they yearned for.

It is time we cool off on the illiterate criticisms and outlandish expectations that Rome must be built in a day, even when the bricks and the Masons are yet to be provided.

One of the few reasonable ones left on Nairaland.
God bless you.
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by gigabyte13: 6:36pm On Nov 20, 2023
Na Otti performance, Dem go take market
Eluupppppp in the next election...
Like the APC jump on fashola performance to market denselves......
Make Otti just dey play
Just 3months, e don show say
Na food he come government come chop
Elebi oshi.....
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by CJStarz: 6:37pm On Nov 20, 2023
Nice one from Aisha.
Abia people holds Otti in high esteem.
He shouldn't disappoint them
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 20, 2023
This is a good development. lets begin to scrutinize and hold our leaders accountable.
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by PDPdestroyer(m): 6:38pm On Nov 20, 2023
Sakamaje....you all should stop with the clout chasing
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by Throwback: 6:38pm On Nov 20, 2023
Brendaniel:

Explain please....

I have completed my statement in that post.

And my opinion stems from the fact that I am also a critic who has found disappointment with other critics who finally got to high position, only to perpetuate the very thing they critiqued when they were laymen.

What then is my own fate when I find myself in position of power?

1 Like

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by Goodoldays(m): 6:38pm On Nov 20, 2023
Throwback:
Maybe the question you all need to ask is if indeed such expenditure is justified, but the title or wording in the budget and cost reports do not do justice to the full scope of what it covers.

What I am saying is that Aisha and all those who spend all of their time criticising, oneday find themselves in power, and their so called "feeding budget" is also in the billions too.

Then something is fundamentally wrong with what we know, what we are told, and what we criticise, only to get to power and realise we have only been criticising like illiterates and beer parlour analysts.

Didn't Buhari insist there was nothing like subsidy before he got to power and continued paying it?

Didn't Fashola insist that a serious government would solve power problems in 6months like Bola Ige also claimed in 1999, only for both to fail in that very portfolio despite spending beyond 6months as the Minister in charge?

Did Tinubu's aide and now Minister, Dele Alake, and his current media aide Bayo Onanuga, not claim that a serious government did not need more than 1month to nominate Ministers? Are we unaware of how the Tinubu Presidency managed to beat the 60days deadline set by Buhari, by presenting incomplete list of nominees?

So we have seen old governments fail, and have also seen the erstwhile critics even fail the more when saddled with the responsibility they yearned for.

It is time we cool off on the illiterate criticisms and outlandish expectations that Rome must be built in a day, even when the bricks and the Masons are yet to be provided.

This is an excellent view point and I understand you fully well

But when things like this arise we need to criticize them,put pressure on them to explain this things we that are not in the system do not understand about this expenditures.That’s the beauty of democracy and I’m sure he is already working on an explanation.That too is accountability
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by Brendaniel: 6:41pm On Nov 20, 2023
Throwback:

I have completed my statement in that post.

And my opinion stems from the fact that I am also a critic who has found disappointment with other critics who finally got to high position, only to perpetuate the very thing they critiqued when they were laymen.

What then is my own fate when I find myself in position of power?

Till She gets there you cannot judge her, it is like you sentencing a man for stealing because he criticized another man for stealing on the grounds that he will also likely steal if he had the opportunity like the other man....
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 6:42pm On Nov 20, 2023
Man dey recover his money 💰.
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by Chuckas(m): 6:43pm On Nov 20, 2023
Sanwolu approved 3.75 billion naira for perfumes and rechargeable fans.... What about that
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by managermahmud: 6:45pm On Nov 20, 2023
KutinUk:
Logically, there are only two Set of people who can never disappoint you. A Cheating wife and Politicians

Get a Professional Company Logo or Letterhead for Business for 2k only

pay on delivery
Drop us your Company name for your Logo
https://forms.gle/FVxSsGXpz4PMs2SaA
_

Y'all patronize this guy at your own risk. He doesn't deliver. He'll take your money and never respond to you again.
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by Throwback: 6:47pm On Nov 20, 2023
Goodoldays:

This is an excellent view point and I understand you fully well

But when things like this arise we need to criticize them,put pressure on them to explain this things we that are not in the system do not understand about this expenditures.That’s the beauty of democracy and I’m sure he is already working on an explanation.That too is accountability

Certainly, he will provide an explanation that will not reduce the amount and would not assuage the anger of those who think such amount is not justified.

I have no particular love or hate for Gov Otti, but I have over many disappointments from the political leadership, realise that sometimes we the followers are not informed enough to make a rational objection or counter claim to what we oppose.

Maybe it is something that political scientists and sociologists need to ponder upon.

Why do we always feel the next set failed us after they had joined us to criticise the previous set?

And in all cases, each set swore that they never betrayed us.

Would you and I also been seen as traitors to those who remain behind waiting for their own turn to betray?

1 Like

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by hegelian: 6:47pm On Nov 20, 2023
Maize247:
ELLu Pee Saint dey fall hands
Atleast they are openly criticizing their own, can you do that for your own people other than to asslick them
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by boxypane(m): 6:49pm On Nov 20, 2023
Until we realize that the issue is between the rich and the poor.
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:49pm On Nov 20, 2023
But this figure isn’t too much na.
Why are we overreacting to this.

I mean this figure amounts to about 2.5m daily for a whole government house particularly considering the high cost of things in the market.

Are we saying that people and visitors should starve when in government house?
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by ElSudani: 6:50pm On Nov 20, 2023
Elupee hypocrisy is bursting at the seams right before our eyes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Omoyele Sowore Visits Adamma Okpara, Michael Okpara's Wife In Abia / Peter Obi, Obiano And Soludo At Basilica Holy Trinity Onitsha Today (photos) / Dino Melaye Poses In His Red Ferrari (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.