Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others (44183 Views)

Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Allegation That Her Husband Stole From The NHIS / Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Tweet Of Adamu Supporting The Death Of Deborah / #EndSARS: Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Death Threats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by tafabaloo(m): 12:20am On Nov 21, 2023
saintkel:
y are u calling Obi.....call ur Tinubu now

In as much as BAT is far from being a saint, are you saying Obi is.?
Address d issue and not pointing fingers.
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by Dannydavito: 2:19am On Nov 21, 2023
If you don't like what gov otti is doing hug transformer jump into lagoon drink sniper plus thunder wey go fire you.
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by pquaver(m): 2:31am On Nov 21, 2023
Brendaniel:

Must you guys always support unaccountability by leaders in government, even me an LP supporter is in support of what she is doing, na wa for una...

It is good he is criticized, if we are all holding those we support into office for accountability, Nigeria will move forward.

But when you shield them like APC supporters do for their leaders then impunity becomes the order

LP obidients very gullible..let her Account for campaign Funds First that Tore the Party aparte
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by Promax4321: 4:38am On Nov 21, 2023
Who draw the budget, who pad the budget and who executive the budget, where are the critics from.

These group must seat and holistically meet before budgets are consented to.

Aisha has taken campaign money as her national cake so may not come to table to give account which she expect from others.

Thieves on the same table.
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by stuffs2002: 4:41am On Nov 21, 2023
chopnaira:
Just look at the mild reaction she penned down.

If it was Sanwo Olu or any other politician in APC or PDP, she would have turned to a lion on social media.

GBAM

You just hit the nail on the head.
Aisha Yesufu is a big hypocrite because she would have been breathing fire if this was either APC or PDP
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by Brendaniel: 4:47am On Nov 21, 2023
pquaver:

LP obidients very gullible..let her Account for campaign Funds First that Tore the Party aparte

How much was the campaign funds?
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by 7lives: 4:57am On Nov 21, 2023
chopnaira:
Just look at the mild reaction she penned down.

If it was Sanwo Olu or any other politician in APC or PDP, she would have turned to a lion on social media.

She would have wept profusely at Lekki toll gate.
Americans called them con artists, " na people like them dey fit deceive."
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by frankson1(m): 5:20am On Nov 21, 2023
Namaster:

Shut up, you dumb mess!

A criminal is fleecing an impoverished state and you are okay with it because he's not APC.

DUMB FUC.K is what you are.

Also, NEVER in your life mention me on NL.

From your comment, it's very obvious you've been messed up but I don't know who did this to you.

Hate and bitterness have eaten you deeply but I think there's still remedy but only if you're ready to let go.
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by loswhite(m): 6:28am On Nov 21, 2023
Throwback:
Maybe the question you all need to ask is if indeed such expenditure is justified, but the title or wording in the budget and cost reports do not do justice to the full scope of what it covers.

What I am saying is that Aisha and all those who spend all of their time criticising, oneday find themselves in power, and their so called "feeding budget" is also in the billions too.

Then something is fundamentally wrong with what we know, what we are told, and what we criticise, only to get to power and realise we have only been criticising like illiterates and beer parlour analysts.

Didn't Buhari insist there was nothing like subsidy before he got to power and continued paying it?

Didn't Fashola insist that a serious government would solve power problems in 6months like Bola Ige also claimed in 1999, only for both to fail in that very portfolio despite spending beyond 6months as the Minister in charge?

Did Tinubu's aide and now Minister, Dele Alake, and his current media aide Bayo Onanuga, not claim that a serious government did not need more than 1month to nominate Ministers? Are we unaware of how the Tinubu Presidency managed to beat the 60days deadline set by Buhari, by presenting incomplete list of nominees?

So we have seen old governments fail, and have also seen the erstwhile critics even fail the more when saddled with the responsibility they yearned for.

It is time we cool off on the illiterate criticisms and outlandish expectations that Rome must be built in a day, even when the bricks and the Masons are yet to be provided.
They are Bunch of beer parlor critics. Have we ever heard anything from Abia state about their Budget performance before now?
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by mamaafrik(m): 7:23am On Nov 21, 2023
Jostoman:
May be the man dey eat 1 elephant in the morning, 1 elephant in the Afternoon and 1 elephant in the evening.

Person wey both rich and poor people queue inside sun to vote for.
leave the mumuoooooo,they will soon gang up against him and impeach him,he is supposed to be the marketing example for Labour.......party.

Pesin wey we dey look forward to don dey f**** up

1 Like

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by sam360: 7:43am On Nov 21, 2023
Afamed:
The one who looted Anambra state resources, the one who converted a state resource to family resource, once he went to LP, he becomes a saint.

Obi the Pandora fraud who did next to nothing as a Gov , he suddenly becomes Hero beer in LP.

LP, party of Janjawe eed looters

Don't just get on your keyboards to type what you cannot defend. I know you are typing this out of the frustration you passing tru but don't let it get to brain man. From all indications you are not an indigene of Anambra or were you present in the state at the time of His governance
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by emorse(m): 7:50am On Nov 21, 2023
Throwback:
Maybe the question you all need to ask is if indeed such expenditure is justified, but the title or wording in the budget and cost reports do not do justice to the full scope of what it covers.

What I am saying is that Aisha and all those who spend all of their time criticising, oneday find themselves in power, and their so called "feeding budget" is also in the billions too.

Then something is fundamentally wrong with what we know, what we are told, and what we criticise, only to get to power and realise we have only been criticising like illiterates and beer parlour analysts.

Didn't Buhari insist there was nothing like subsidy before he got to power and continued paying it?

Didn't Fashola insist that a serious government would solve power problems in 6months like Bola Ige also claimed in 1999, only for both to fail in that very portfolio despite spending beyond 6months as the Minister in charge?

Did Tinubu's aide and now Minister, Dele Alake, and his current media aide Bayo Onanuga, not claim that a serious government did not need more than 1month to nominate Ministers? Are we unaware of how the Tinubu Presidency managed to beat the 60days deadline set by Buhari, by presenting incomplete list of nominees?

So we have seen old governments fail, and have also seen the erstwhile critics even fail the more when saddled with the responsibility they yearned for.

It is time we cool off on the illiterate criticisms and outlandish expectations that Rome must be built in a day, even when the bricks and the Masons are yet to be provided.
You're actually very correct. But that not withstanding, the jobs were not forced on these people. In fact, they "begged" for them promising heaven on earth. Now that they have them, it's their duty to fulfil those promises regardless of the obstacles they meet. They moment we start to normalise excuses for them (no matter how cogent they are), they'll get more comfortable and lose focus.

We can't take up arms to fight these people. Criticism is our only weapon. Let's not stop using it please.
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by emorse(m): 7:56am On Nov 21, 2023
loswhite:
They are Bunch of beer parlor critics. Have we ever heard anything from Abia state about their Budget performance before now?
Anything worth soin at all is worth doing well. If Otti is going to be the poster boy for LP, then he has to look really good.
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by ORIAYO70(m): 8:31am On Nov 21, 2023
immortalcrown:
The absolute foolishness in this case is your response because no part of my comment presents any party as a saint.

You miscontrue my comment, thinking is targeting your opinion... The world foolishness in my context was not referring to you... It's only depicting an act of thinking some politicians are better than others... Referring me as foolish... Have forgiven you.
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by pquaver(m): 8:56am On Nov 21, 2023
Brendaniel:

How much was the campaign funds?

Direct Ur Questions to Mrs Aisha Yesufu
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by Brendaniel: 9:13am On Nov 21, 2023
pquaver:

Direct Ur Questions to Mrs Aisha Yesufu

You accused her of stealing campaign funds, not me and she never claimed she stole campaign funds neither has LP come out to say she stole campaign funds, since it is only you that have the information about her stealing.

I have to ask you to give us details, it might be you will be helping all of us including LP find out a mystery.

So how much did she steal ?
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by Mosba: 9:14am On Nov 21, 2023
May this spinster now realised she has been trying to push youths to vote in the worst version of APC and PDP into power ever since.
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by maasoap(m): 10:48am On Nov 21, 2023
aariwa:
This shows that the people who support Peter Obi are made up of the best minds in the country. Labor wants to set up an exemplary movement never seen before in the history of political parties in Africa.When you start going astray from serving people who elected you, they call you back to order not like APC tinubu will shit into somebody mouth and he will be laughing saying it tastes like ewa agoyin. All Obedients are proud of Aisha Yesufu

Lol. We thought LP candidates are Saints and not corrupt like others. At least, that was the vibes you guys sold to us even when people said Obi stole money and kept it in secret accounts in Panama.
Now, it is about LP supporters are not like supporters of other people. grin grin grin Shameless people saving faces after hyping thieves into political offices
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by highchief1: 11:30am On Nov 21, 2023
Benwallt:
Human rights activist Aisha Yesufu has strongly criticized Governor Alex Otti of Abia State, condemning the reported lavish spending on refreshments, meals, honorarium, allowances, and welfare packages within a three-month period.
Yesufu emphatically asserted that the conventional approach to governance is unacceptable. She further advocated for a shift to more unconventional practices.

This follows the revelation in the Abia State budget performance report, titled “Abia State Third Quarter (July – September) 2023 Budget Performance.” News outfits reported that the report is on the state government’s website.

“This Q3 and Year to date performance is assessed against the revised 2023 Budget that covers the Original Budget plus an Amendment Virement sum of N22,263,269,900 as summarised below,” the report outlined.

Within the specified timeframe, the Otti-led government purportedly expended N223,389,889.84 on refreshments and meals, N305,400,000.00 on honorarium and sitting allowances for government officials, and N397,520,734.00 on welfare packages.

Furthermore, the report disclosed a claim that the the Deputy Governor’s office used N252.4 million for its running for three months.

Taking to her social media platform on Monday, Aisha Yesufu expressed her incredulity at the government’s reported expenditure, posting,

Aisha Yesufu
if u didn’t know LP was a scam submit yourself for a mental check up.u are not normal.3m Peter obi cannot defraud me.

1 Like

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by Deogratiasfx: 11:35am On Nov 21, 2023
VERDA:

Oga shut up, at least their supporters criticize them when they are wrong unlike nitwits like you who see nothing wrong i all ur criminal lords do.

God bless ur generation!!!. I admire a kind of government where ur supporters tell u where u need correction.

1 Like

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by BlackKafka: 12:30pm On Nov 21, 2023
immortalcrown:
A proof that no political party has only saints as members. I have repeatedly said that the quality of governance is not in the number of infrastructure built by a regime but in the regime's financial prudence and the economic viability of the infrastructure built by the regime. I started making this point when social media influencers were hyping the scam that was going on in Ebonyi State.

But the LP, among Nigerian political parties, has the highest number of good people. Most of the LP supporters criticise their bad flag bearers. Most of the supporters of the other parties never admit the corruption of their flag bearers, they even defend forgeries of certificate and gender. Those supporters of the other parties already dragging the entire LP and Obi under this post will not mention BAT and APC under the Sanwolu's post above.

Dows this self-audit also extend to that gentleman that graciously invested public funds in his family business for the 'good' of the people of his state?

Cos we all turned a blind eye to that nonsense.
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by aariwa(m): 1:34pm On Nov 21, 2023
maasoap:

Lol. We thought LP candidates are Saints and not corrupt like others. At least, that was the vibes you guys sold to us even when people said Obi stole money and kept it in secret accounts in Panama.
Now, it is about LP supporters are not like supporters of other people. grin grin grin Shameless people saving faces after hyping thieves into political offices
saints in this world? Are you up to 18 years?…asking the know the little experience you have about life
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by loswhite(m): 1:59pm On Nov 21, 2023
emorse:

Anything worth soin at all is worth doing well. If Otti is going to be the poster boy for LP, then he has to look really good.
How do you define really good? Where you not in the country when Jonathan had a very good policy plan in 2012 but evil ppl gathered against the same policy calling him all sought of names with millions of Nigerians gathering on the street of Lagos to stop a good policy? Where are the critics now? Have they apologized? The fact that ppl come to criticize doesn't mean they mean well for the country or your state.
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by maasoap(m): 3:19pm On Nov 21, 2023
aariwa:
saints in this world? Are you up to 18 years?…asking the know the little experience you have about life
That was the vibe, and it is still is. And about my age, I should be in the same age category with your father. So, why asking when you didn't have ability to comprehend my comment?
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by aariwa(m): 3:38pm On Nov 21, 2023
maasoap:

That was the vibe, and it is still is. And about my age, I should be in the same age category with your father. So, why asking when you didn't have ability to comprehend my comment?
glad you know I am same age with your father, so go and learn handwork and stop wasting your time on a faceless forum or you will end up a poor man

1 Like

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by pquaver(m): 3:51pm On Nov 21, 2023
Brendaniel:

You accused her of stealing campaign funds, not me and she never claimed she stole campaign funds neither has LP come out to say she stole campaign funds, since it is only you that have the information about her stealing.

I have to ask you to give us details, it might be you will be helping all of us including LP find out a mystery.

So how much did she steal ?

Which part of LP didnt say that? abure Version she shared IT with? Let US the Labor Party Chairman na...authentic Chairman ooo
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by Brendaniel: 3:56pm On Nov 21, 2023
pquaver:

Which part of LP didnt say that? abure Version she shared IT with? Let US the Labor Party Chairman na...authentic Chairman ooo

Please provide the link to your claim, whether A papa faction or Abure faction?
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by emorse(m): 4:32pm On Nov 21, 2023
loswhite:
How do you define really good? Where you not in the country when Jonathan had a very good policy plan in 2012 but evil ppl gathered against the same policy calling him all sought of names with millions of Nigerians gathering on the street of Lagos to stop a good policy? Where are the critics now? Have they apologized? The fact that ppl come to criticize doesn't mean they mean well for the country or your state.
Johnathan has his own problems. You can see him in good light only because things got worse. Just as Buhari is suddenly not looking so bad.

As regards Gov. Otti, you sef think am na. N1b no be N100m o. Make Baba explain how he do am. If reckless spending dey, then make he try reduce am next time. He needs to do what others have failed to do. That way, Win-win for all of us bro
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by loswhite(m): 4:44pm On Nov 21, 2023
emorse:

Johnathan has his own problems. You can see him in good light only because things got worse. Just as Buhari is suddenly not looking so bad.

As regards Gov. Otti, you sef think am na. N1b no be N100m o. Make Baba explain how he do am. If reckless spending dey, then make he try reduce am next time. He needs to do what others have failed to do. That way, Win-win for all of us bro
Apart from the headline have you gone to look at the budget performance yourself? Let's start from there
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by maasoap(m): 6:06pm On Nov 21, 2023
aariwa:
glad you know I am same age with your father, so go and learn handwork and stop wasting your time on a faceless forum or you will end up a poor man
People like me have nothing to do with work or labour, we send money and people like you on errands to bring more money for us. We could afford not to come out of the house for months and still take care of our expenditures.
Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by emorse(m): 6:18pm On Nov 21, 2023
loswhite:
Apart from the headline have you gone to look at the budget performance yourself? Let's start from there
Isn't this an excerpt?
Bro, if LP is going to stand any chance in the next elections, Gov Otti will have to rise head and shoulders above the others.

By the way, have you seen the figures from Osun state?

Re: Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others by loswhite(m): 8:03pm On Nov 21, 2023
emorse:

Isn't this an excerpt?
Bro, if LP is going to stand any chance in the next elections, Gov Otti will have to rise head and shoulders above the others.

By the way, have you seen the figures from Osun state?
Where is the 1 billion from what you posted? I heard 1 billion for food so I am asking you to show me the 1 billion for meal. Circle it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Arrives INEC Headquarter With Petition, 21 Video Clips (Photos) / Governor Ortom Confirms Attack On His Convoy By Herdsmen. PDP, Reno Omokri React / EFCC Raids Musiliu Obanikoro’s Homes In Ikoyi, Lagos (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.