Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

We Can Make Mistakes - Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Lagos Spending - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Can Make Mistakes - Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Lagos Spending (25119 Views)

EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Reacts, Vows To Act Swiftly / Sanwo-olu Reacts To The Death Of Kolade Johnson, Killed By SARS / Lagos APC; Sanwo-olu Reacts After Ambode's Allegations Against Him. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Can Make Mistakes - Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Lagos Spending by iwaeda: 6:21pm On Nov 21, 2023
The Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on Tuesday, said no administration was immune to mistakes, adding that his government was committed to public goods.

The governor said this while reacting to the procurement record released by the Lagos State Public Procurement Agency during the inauguration of the Lagos State Building Control Agency Building, PWD Ikeja.

While welcoming the open letter by the governorship candidate of the Action Democratic Congress in Lagos, Funso Doherty, Sanwo-Olu assured him that the government will continue to publish its spending and keep it open for public scrutiny.

“We are committed, responsible and transparent. We don’t have a problem with anybody, or any individual. We acknowledge that these are ways we should be doing things.

We appreciate criticism. We appreciate the fact that people can look at us in the face that we need to do well in the state,” the governor said in a video clip shared by his aide, Jubril Gawat, on X handle.

He added, “So we don’t have a problem with the originator of an open letter. In fact, we like it and we want to thank him, and that’s to say that indeed, to be a government that’s firm and responsible, we should not shy away from criticism.

“But it is only when criticism is malicious, unintended and it is to misrepresent the truth and that’s where there’s a problem.

“Some officers in Lagos have all come out to say that indeed we can make mistakes on some lines of items. I heard of a particular one that an item was meant to be N2m but it was written as N2bn.

“For me, I’m leading a team of very dedicated public officials; I’m leading a team of committed civil servants. I’m leading a team of self-motivated public officials who want to stand and say that they can be well recognised.

“All we want to do is to serve the people of Lagos, and serve the state with every iota of strength and commitment we have, and believing Lagosians can truly see the benefit of our service.

“I just want to make this point, and put it to rest. The website will continue to work. We’ll put all our numbers there and we’ll continue to pride ourselves at all times that indeed we can make mistakes but it is not any intention for us to be unmindful of what public goods are, and to ensure that public goods is what will continue to be respected.”

https://punchng.com/just-in-we-can-make-mistakes-sanwo-olu-reacts-to-lagos-spending/

20 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We Can Make Mistakes - Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Lagos Spending by OgbeniOja1: 6:23pm On Nov 21, 2023
You no well

209 Likes 16 Shares

Re: We Can Make Mistakes - Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Lagos Spending by invisible2(m): 6:24pm On Nov 21, 2023
Oloriburuku somebody

185 Likes 12 Shares

Re: We Can Make Mistakes - Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Lagos Spending by iwaeda: 6:24pm On Nov 21, 2023
Make mistakes spending billions of naira lavishly, while you tax citizens with sledge hammers. grin grin grin grin grin

236 Likes 12 Shares

Re: We Can Make Mistakes - Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Lagos Spending by PUSSYHOE(m): 6:25pm On Nov 21, 2023
He no go better for all politicians.

See as this thieve talk as if na 2k matter.

182 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We Can Make Mistakes - Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Lagos Spending by Politicstoday: 6:27pm On Nov 21, 2023
His apology is unacceptable here. This is not the first time they have been looting the treasury. It’s very unfortunate seriously

108 Likes 8 Shares

Re: We Can Make Mistakes - Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Lagos Spending by Beremx(f): 6:28pm On Nov 21, 2023
So the allegations was true? He's saying more like it's true so we should all go to hell.

We mumu Nigerians have seen shege.

grin grin

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Can Make Mistakes - Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Lagos Spending by delkuf(m): 6:30pm On Nov 21, 2023
Sanwo olu should be arrested. How can you buy portraits for 73 millions and you call that mistake. This country. God help my japa. I trust only in you

110 Likes 11 Shares

Re: We Can Make Mistakes - Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Lagos Spending by immortalcrown(m): 6:31pm On Nov 21, 2023
A mistake repeated is a deliberate act.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Can Make Mistakes - Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Lagos Spending by pricklewane: 6:32pm On Nov 21, 2023
All this Igbo miscreant parading as nonentity on Nairaland Sha. Did you even read the news ?

Here is a governor admitting to his mistake, let even assume he lied next election cycle he won't have the audacity to appropriate ₦2b for whatever nonsense that is, aside the fact he acknowledged it was a typo n ₦2b was never budgeted but ₦2m n here you are wailing like a foolish miserable soul.

Just yesterday Alex Otti came out with audacity to defend ₦2 billion eating jamboree upon charging another ₦2.8 billion as security vote. I went through your post and I am yet to see a single comment condemning that not even wailing about that at all.

Can you see why many say hypocrisy hate n bigotry will ruin the average Igbo ?

Beremx:
So the allegations was true? He's saying more like it's true so we should all go to hell.

We mumu Nigerians have seen shege.

grin grin

34 Likes 11 Shares

Re: We Can Make Mistakes - Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Lagos Spending by incandescentena: 6:34pm On Nov 21, 2023
Lagos government don cast aswear

Smh....

I am very disappointed. This people are the number one hypocrites in the whole of Nigeria. They are quick to condemn others but look the other way when it comes to transparency and accountability of public spendings

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Can Make Mistakes - Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Lagos Spending by obonujoker(m): 6:35pm On Nov 21, 2023
This is not a mistake Sir...

You politheifcians are the same everywhere... Because you know no jail time after service...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Can Make Mistakes - Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Lagos Spending by TempUser: 6:38pm On Nov 21, 2023
cheesy
That means you can make mistake to lavish state money grin

But if government make mistake to find crude crude oil at my backyard, na government get am.
If na Marijuana them do mistake find for my backyard na me get am grin grin

I'd the citizens make mistake to do yahoo, them be fraudsters abi?

O l'agbara ooooooo 😂

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Can Make Mistakes - Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Lagos Spending by GYBABA(m): 6:38pm On Nov 21, 2023
Which kind of stupid mistake will make someone put down 2 million as 2 billion & no one among them from the government pointed it out. It had to be an outsider. Truth is that if no one pointed this out, there would have been no mistake. Are we fools? No be everyone in this country be APC asslicker abeg abeg 😡

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Can Make Mistakes - Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Lagos Spending by phransix2: 6:39pm On Nov 21, 2023
Why Una no do mistake send money enter my account?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Can Make Mistakes - Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Lagos Spending by Namaster: 6:39pm On Nov 21, 2023
What a criminal!

How can the government of a WHOLE state mistakenly write #2,000,000 as #2,000,000,000?

That's a mistake of #1.998B.

In what world is that a mistake?

This is the shameless attempt of a criminal to save face. He's a THIEF!

He should be impeached and prosecuted.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Can Make Mistakes - Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Lagos Spending by Authoreety: 6:39pm On Nov 21, 2023
Mistakes in spending public funds

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Can Make Mistakes - Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Lagos Spending by ClearFlair: 6:39pm On Nov 21, 2023
Re: We Can Make Mistakes - Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Lagos Spending by phemmie06(m): 6:39pm On Nov 21, 2023
Mistakes with spending or publishing?
If it is with the spending then you're not worthy of that post if it is with the publication heads ought to have rolled in the accounting department and it it was the publishing department they all ought to have been sacked.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Can Make Mistakes - Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Lagos Spending by alt3r3g0: 6:40pm On Nov 21, 2023
delkuf:
Sanwo olu should be arrested. How can you buy portraits for 73 millions and you call that mistake. This country. God help my japa. I trust only in you
Its a mistake, he meant to write 7,300 naira

7 Likes

Re: We Can Make Mistakes - Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Lagos Spending by Fatbam005: 6:40pm On Nov 21, 2023
Imagine can you just imagine . God of mercy. Even pharaoh no do isrealites reach this stage

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Can Make Mistakes - Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Lagos Spending by webclass(m): 6:40pm On Nov 21, 2023
That's a huge mistake with public funds

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Can Make Mistakes - Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Lagos Spending by dododawa1: 6:41pm On Nov 21, 2023
2 milloin

TURNED

2 billoin

Second term governors Na

To steal money.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Can Make Mistakes - Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Lagos Spending by fmlala: 6:41pm On Nov 21, 2023
Sure
Re: We Can Make Mistakes - Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Lagos Spending by money121(m): 6:41pm On Nov 21, 2023
Lamba

2 Likes

Re: We Can Make Mistakes - Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Lagos Spending by easyfem(m): 6:41pm On Nov 21, 2023
this sound like when a religion man is trying to justify his bad action by quoting bible or Quran

what is not good is not good sir

anything from APC , run ooooooooooooooooo

5 Likes

Re: We Can Make Mistakes - Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Lagos Spending by Triangles1(m): 6:42pm On Nov 21, 2023
Mistake not for driver or pilot, or an armed officers on duty.

4 Likes

Re: We Can Make Mistakes - Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Lagos Spending by Kukutente23: 6:43pm On Nov 21, 2023
So you actually budgeted 3.75bn for perfume and you still have the nerve to call it a mistake?
I don't blame you
Throw some corn at your defenders and watch them tear themselves to pieces defending you.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Can Make Mistakes - Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Lagos Spending by SharingIsLife(m): 6:43pm On Nov 21, 2023
grin
pricklewane:
All this Igbo miscreant parading as nonentity on Nairaland Sha. Did you even read the news ?

Your Igbo obsession is becoming a clinical issue. For the first time, I can see that all comments on a Nairaland thread (except yours) are made by Igbos. Tribalists suck!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Can Make Mistakes - Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Lagos Spending by greenmouse(m): 6:43pm On Nov 21, 2023
hmmh good to know

Re: We Can Make Mistakes - Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Lagos Spending by Eriokanmi: 6:44pm On Nov 21, 2023
Haha. But the keyboard warriors said it was false. It was Funsho Doherty who first exposed him. I don't blame them. Funsho went and joined an unpopular party. Had he joined the pdp or Labour, he'd have won. I voted Obi as president but changed my mind on GRV cos of the disparaging comment he made about my tribe. I hope he's learnt his lesson. We don't joke with that.

I hope Labour or pdp would give Doherty a ticket in 2027. He'd win flawlessly cos he has all it takes. I pray seyi tinubu or femi hamzat would contest as speculated, I just pray cheesy

11 Likes

Re: We Can Make Mistakes - Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Lagos Spending by Theunbothered: 6:44pm On Nov 21, 2023
It's not a mistake you are a dirty crook. How does one spend billions recklessly by mistake?

I would have said I pity the poorest in Lagos but they are the ones who fought to stop others from voting APC out.

This kind of heartless government is exactly what they deserve.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

8 Ways The Constitution/Statutes Discriminate Against Women / Lady Writes Zuckerberg Via DHL Accusing Him Of Helping Buhari To Stop Opposition / Presidency May Remove Jega This Week..... Saharareporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.