Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). (36122 Views)

My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car / ‘I Lost Over 19 Babies’;Lady Who Gave Birth To Baby Girl Narrates Ordeal. Photos / Young Lady Who Survived Gas Explosion Recounts Her Ordeal (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). by Exceed15: 7:48pm On Nov 27, 2023
May Grant you divine healing.
Re: My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). by olancho: 7:48pm On Nov 27, 2023
So sorry for the pains you are going through. I had the same gout in 2006 and I know the pains I went through. Mine was on my elbow.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). by seborrhic: 7:52pm On Nov 27, 2023
Padipadi:

I pray for ya quick recovery.
The pics cone look like symptom of kidney ailment.
I also wanted to ask how it was definitely proved to be gouty arthritis.
Where other tests done to rule out other illnesses?
From the picture here that entire foot is swollen but gouty arthritis is mainly confined to swelling of the big toe.
@tofolo,what tests were done to confirm your gouty arthritis?

3 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). by Solsix(m): 7:54pm On Nov 27, 2023
Sickness dey sha. Be healed
Re: My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). by MN07: 7:54pm On Nov 27, 2023
I'm currently in the healing process of what I suspect to be either Arthritis or Gout.

It's been 4 months since I had the initial plan all over my joints my spine was worst hit initially but use of drugs it subsided and went to my right leg and feet.

My feet was swollen I couldn't stand or sit with them the pains was brain damaging at some point I feel I could Breath proper.

After series of pain relieve medicines it subsided and went to my left knee initially I couldn't work without help my knee was swollen and locked I couldn't fold them normally but after more medication I can climb up the stairs just recently.

My mom had to come to my house to pick me up back the family House for medication.

It was that bad that at some point she taught I stepped on juju.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). by Greenscientist: 7:54pm On Nov 27, 2023
Jeezuzpick:
Go vegetarian for a while.

Trust me, gout is child's play compared to having high blood cholesterol and creatinine levels due to high red meat consumption and other life choices.

I'm not a doctor, but I've had high creatinine levels before and the Dr warned me of gout, but high creatinine can spell danger for the kidneys.

There's carnivore diet, shey you know?
Re: My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). by yemex04(m): 7:55pm On Nov 27, 2023
Dozis:
The good thing is that it is treatable unlike osteoarthritis.
Seek medical help, there are drugs for it, don't listen to all these nairaland quack doctors and some people that will soon invade the thread with their agbo trade.
SEEK MEDICAL HELP!!!

Allopurinol should work to reduce the uric acid that caused the Gout.. The crippling pain is very terrible.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). by Skillsnigeria: 7:56pm On Nov 27, 2023
Hmmm
Re: My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). by yemex04(m): 7:59pm On Nov 27, 2023
TrustNone:
this is what killed my dad. It started with swelling in the legs, all of a sudden he couldn't walk anymore, then the swelling got bigger and bursted and he was in severe pains, we gave him all Drugs till one night he slept and passed away

I am not sure Gout is Life threatening though.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). by samuelson06(m): 7:59pm On Nov 27, 2023
Votukpa:

I can feel your pain. I go through it at least twice a year. Horribly painful.

Tart cherry
Tumeric + plack pepper + ginger + coconut oil + hot water blended together

It's gone.

Bookmarked.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:00pm On Nov 27, 2023
Greenscientist:

There's carnivore diet, shey you know?

I know, but the OP has gout, which sadly is exacerbated if not caused by excessive consumption of red meat.

A vegan diet will help him.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). by narite: 8:01pm On Nov 27, 2023
Hmmm, my little brother is currently battling this ailments. You will get better, stay away from alcohol 🥃.
Re: My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). by Maj196(m): 8:06pm On Nov 27, 2023
...In LA all night, in up here with your wife, can I get some love , don't you give that up, I could do things in your life, I change shit in one night
Re: My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). by Greenscientist: 8:06pm On Nov 27, 2023
Jeezuzpick:

I know, but the OP has gout, which sadly is exacerbated if not caused by excessive consumption of red meat.

A vegan diet will help him.

I don't know much about the diet, just saying that people are doing it.

I don't think it is healthy though.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). by seandurse(m): 8:06pm On Nov 27, 2023
Just say before and after Buhari
Re: My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:09pm On Nov 27, 2023
yemex04:

I am not sure Gout is Life threatening though.

Other things go with gout o.
Re: My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:10pm On Nov 27, 2023
Greenscientist:

I don't know much about the diet, just saying that people are doing it.

I don't think it is healthy though.

Oh.....okay.

Well.....I don't know much about the carnivore diet, either, except that it excludes carbs.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). by Pooly: 8:11pm On Nov 27, 2023
Someone should help me with 1k pls 🙏 before hunger kill me
Re: My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). by siraj1402(m): 8:11pm On Nov 27, 2023
tofolo:
Gout is a type of inflammatory arthritis that causes pain and swelling in your joints, usually as flares that last for a week or two, and then resolve. Gout flares often begin in your big toe or a lower limb.

As we go on am going to post pictures for we all to see. It wasn't easy, but am good now.

The main symptom of gout is a sudden attack of severe pain in one or more joints, typically your big toe. Other symptoms can include: the joint feeling hot and very tender, to the point of being unable to bear anything touching it. swelling in and around the affected joint.

Gout, we mainly get from what we eat which includes, Red meat, sugary drinks, alcohol ..... etc I woke up one cold morning and noticed I could not walk properly as my left big toe was swollen, for 2 weeks I was bedridden as the leg needed to be suspended for the pain to ease, to cut a log story short I saw a doctor got drugs and the toe healed.

Lo and behold 2 weeks later the right toe went through the same process.

below are pictures which i will just post randomly both left and right toes.

I don't know why the pics are nott loading, and lastly don't mind toe nails when you are in pains to touch the foot is something else.
That thing San kill. Next time you have such and attack, get ice blocks and towel, it helps a lot.
Re: My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). by gbolswag(m): 8:12pm On Nov 27, 2023
Why u no go see doctor
Re: My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). by godwon01(m): 8:26pm On Nov 27, 2023
Kayceo2010:
You be big man.. Gouty arthritis is mostly cause by excess protein intake as your body generates uric acid from protein metabolism... Nicknamed disease of the kings back then
The swelling of gout is not concentrated on the forefoot, you can only see the swelling on the knee cap. As you said it is as a result of excess consumption of protein. This one look like heart disease probably left ventricular failure. You need to treat for heart disease . You need frusemide tablet or moduretic tablet to extradict extra fluids outside.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 27, 2023
What about knee pain with swelling (antrithis), any drugs or remedy or herbal for that?

Quote me with your responses.
Re: My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). by HisChild86: 8:30pm On Nov 27, 2023
Good for Uric acid test. If it is there, you get a doctor to Prescribe Alluprinol 100 or 300mg for you. It will help
Re: My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 27, 2023
tofolo:
Gout is a type of inflammatory arthritis that causes pain and swelling in your joints, usually as flares that last for a week or two, and then resolve. Gout flares often begin in your big toe or a lower limb.

I did a quick research and discovered it could be caused by having lots of uric acid in the system. That could be because you swallowed too much stuff containing uric acid or your kidneys aren't working properly.

Did you check your kidneys? A test like EUCR could reveal one or two things. Should cost less than 10k.
Re: My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). by chuksbogus: 8:36pm On Nov 27, 2023
Go meet a Dr u will be placed on allopurinol. Also avoid food high in purine ,like red meat alcohol etc
Re: My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). by Dozis: 8:38pm On Nov 27, 2023
yemex04:

Allopurinol should work to reduce the uric acid that caused the Gout.. The crippling pain is very terrible.

Allopurinol prevents the formation of uric acid while probenecid helps to eliminate uric acid, they are both great in the prevention of future attacks.
Drugs that help to reduce inflammation and pain are used in the management of gouty attacks.
Re: My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). by Xkale1996(m): 8:39pm On Nov 27, 2023
tofolo:

As we go on am going to post pictures for we all to see. It wasn't easy, but am good now.

The main symptom of gout is a sudden attack of severe pain in one or more joints, typically your big toe. Other symptoms can include: the joint feeling hot and very tender, to the point of being unable to bear anything touching it. swelling in and around the affected joint.

Gout, we mainly get from what we eat which includes, Red meat, sugary drinks, alcohol ..... etc I woke up one cold morning and noticed I could not walk properly as my left big toe was swollen, for 2 weeks I was bedridden as the leg needed to be suspended for the pain to ease, to cut a log story short I saw a doctor got drugs and the toe healed.

Lo and behold 2 weeks later the right toe went through the same process.

below are pictures which i will just post randomly both left and right toes.

I don't know why the pics are nott loading, and lastly don't mind toe nails when you are in pains to touch the foot is something else.
do you know cow ghee or man Shanu in Hausa lang
Re: My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). by Fatbam005: 8:44pm On Nov 27, 2023
Go spiritual. Go spiritual. Go spiritual .
Re: My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 8:47pm On Nov 27, 2023
Go and do kidney function test
Re: My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). by Samusu(m): 8:50pm On Nov 27, 2023
tofolo:
I have been trying to add more pictures but I cant seem to be able to upload.

OP, give thanks to God and use this drugs. Very very effective.

2 in the morning
2 at night in the first 3days.
Then, 1 morning, 1 night for the remainder of the days.

Goodluck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 8:50pm On Nov 27, 2023
Jeezuzpick:
Go vegetarian for a while.

Trust me, gout is child's play compared to having high blood cholesterol and creatinine levels due to high red meat consumption and other life choices.

I'm not a doctor, but I've had high creatinine levels before and the Dr warned me of gout, but high creatinine can spell danger for the kidneys.
nah doctors u dey mind.. they said I have imbalance cholesterol, not bad not good.. I started intermediate fast my cholesterol dropped dramatically they said I should increase my cholesterol intake .. wetin man go do they no go complain.. I stopped going there to visit them regularly..
Re: My Ordeal With gouty Arthritis(sensitive pictures). by Machinegun91(m): 9:00pm On Nov 27, 2023
Stop eating goat meat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pricking Itch, Any suggestion? / 29-Year-Old Banker Tests Positive For COVID-19 In Yobe / General Hospital Ambulance Dumps Sick Man On Drip Along The Road - Twitter User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.