Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,372 members, 7,829,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Nigerian Interpretation Of Misogyny. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Interpretation Of Misogyny. (977 Views)

Dealing With Misogyny (Anti-Women Posts) On Nairaland / On The Issue Of Misogyny And Belittling Women / Daily Misogyny Memes... PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Interpretation Of Misogyny. by englishmart(m): 5:55pm On Nov 22, 2023
GreatAchiever1:

Rape, kill, harm. Etc.
What you just described as misogyny is just a shared view of equality of which if you were raised in like before the 70s, you wouldn't call what you just wrote as misogyny(I'm not even sure that term was coined at that era).
In short, Misogyny is just a feminist term that they use to fight men who display or support the Patriarchy.
Kill, rape, harm happens to both genders. Tell me a crime that is against females alone, then we can talk about the meaning of misogyny. It's not misogyny if it goes both ways.
Misogyny is not a crime. Youre free to hate without constituting any bodily harm
Re: Nigerian Interpretation Of Misogyny. by englishmart(m): 6:00pm On Nov 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:
undecided
Note that a misogynist isn't just someone who dislikes or holds people in contempt but one who directs this energy towards women in particular. undecided

Take the example of the man who suggested descent dressing to Arya Starr, would the same man have done the same if he had seen a shirtless man walking around on a sunny day? undecided
Society don't hold men to the same standard they hold women. You could say the guy wasn't right for advising an adult on how to dress. But that's not misogyny. Do you have to have an ingrained hatred towards someone to criticize them?
How many men can can travel from lagos to Abuja in shorts? Women wear revealing things all the time. In weddings, church, Market, everywhere. Men won't do that. We're not seeking attraction. Women are.
Re: Nigerian Interpretation Of Misogyny. by Kobojunkie: 6:01pm On Nov 22, 2023
GreatAchiever1:
■ Just observe and see it comes most times, in context to "fight the patriarchy"
■ This is not an answer, just a simple Yes or No.
■ False Indoctrination.
1. Are you certain you are paying attention at all?
mi·sog·y·ny
/məˈsäjənē/

dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women.
pa·tri·arch·y
/ˈpātrēˌärkē/

▢ a system of society or government in which the father or eldest male is head of the family and descent is traced through the male line.
a system of society or government in which men hold the power and women are largely excluded from it.

2. So you are not able to tell whether such a statement is good or bad if it were spoken by a man to another man? undecided

3. False indoctrination by whom? According to you, they were raised perfectly.... they were happy children in lovely homes and beautiful families. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Interpretation Of Misogyny. by Kobojunkie: 6:05pm On Nov 22, 2023
englishmart:
■ Society don't hold men to the same standard they hold women.
■ You could say the guy wasn't right for advising an adult on how to dress. But that's not misogyny. Do you have to have an ingrained hatred towards someone to criticize them?
■ How many men can can travel from lagos to Abuja in shorts?
■ Women wear revealing things all the time. In weddings, church, Market, everywhere. Men won't do that. We're not seeking attraction. Women are
So, society is the misogynistic culprit in this case and not the man. undecided

2. So, the man would have given the same advice to a man walking around without a shirt on abi and it would have made sense? undecided

3. I know many men who have done just that. So what is the point again? undecided

4. And why are you against women supposedly seeking attention again? undecided
Re: Nigerian Interpretation Of Misogyny. by GreatAchiever1: 6:05pm On Nov 22, 2023
englishmart:
Kill, rape, harm happens to both genders.
Tell me a crime that is against females alone, then we can talk about the meaning of misogyny. It's not misogyny if it goes both ways.
I meant it as a context to the female gender alone.
Re: Nigerian Interpretation Of Misogyny. by GreatAchiever1: 6:16pm On Nov 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Are you certain you are paying attention at all? ...
You've answered that, it's called Patriarchy for a reason and has nothing to do with Prejudice.

2. So you are not able to tell whether such a statement is good or bad if it were spoken by a man to another man? undecided
Since you're not ready to answer the initial question, I'm done.

3. False indoctrination by whom? According to you, they were raised perfectly.... they were happy children in lovely homes and beautiful families. undecided
I don't think I used the word perfectly, except probably you think it is and let's just leave it as False Indoctrination by the media.
Re: Nigerian Interpretation Of Misogyny. by Kobojunkie: 6:25pm On Nov 22, 2023
GreatAchiever1:
You've answered that, it's called Patriarchy for a reason and has nothing to do with Prejudice.
■ Since you're not ready to answer the initial question, I'm done.
■ I don't think I used the word perfectly, except probably you think it is and let's just leave it as False Indoctrination by the media
The dictionary meaning of the word confirms that Patriarchy as a system sets itself against women by going as far as to exclude them where possible. undecided

2. It isn't that I am unable to answer the question but rather that the question holds no meaning and this is proven by the fact that you are unable to decide which answer would apply if the gender of the one the original statement had been directed at were instead male. undecided

3. So the Masculine men, feminine women, Happy children, Lovely home, beautiful family. had a weakness after all and the Media used it to turn the supposedly Happy children against their parents. This you believe is the happy children chose to abandon the way of their parents before them. undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Interpretation Of Misogyny. by Beverlyjean(f): 8:18pm On Nov 22, 2023
A misogynist is simply a person that hates women and misandrists are the people that hate men
Re: Nigerian Interpretation Of Misogyny. by Magnoliaa(f): 8:55pm On Nov 22, 2023
Beverlyjean:
A misogynist is simply a person that hates women and misandrists are the people that hate men.

A balanced woo-man. grin

I see you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Women Keep Calling Me Odogu? / Girls Looking For Guys Branch Here. / This Guy Needs Your Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.