Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,063 members, 7,814,659 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

“I Can’t Marry And I Can’t Save Anything”, Tinubu Supporter Earning N200k Lament - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “I Can’t Marry And I Can’t Save Anything”, Tinubu Supporter Earning N200k Lament (1267 Views)

1,000 Media Advisers Can’t Save Your Reputation, Atiku’s Aide Slams Tinubu / Why Are Nigerians Got So Disgusted For Anything Tinubu? / APC Chieftain To Oshiomhole: Resign Now, Tinubu Can’t Save You From Humiliation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Can’t Marry And I Can’t Save Anything”, Tinubu Supporter Earning N200k Lament by Masterstroke4: 7:28pm On Nov 22, 2023
“I Can’t Marry And I Can’t Save Anything”, Tinubu Supporter Earning N200k Laments

A young Nigerian marketer who supported Tinubu during election struggles to cope with the high inflation shares his story.
Khalidu speak about how he manages his expenses, looks for additional income, and supports his family. He hopes for the government to take urgent and effective measures to address the economic situation.
Nigeria is facing a severe economic crisis, with inflation reaching its historic high in 2023.

The rising cost of living has eroded the purchasing power of many Nigerians, especially the young and salary earners.

One of them is Sada Khalidu*, a 29-year-old man who works as a marketer at a private media company in Kano, the second-largest city in the country. He earns N200,000 a month, but he said that is barely enough to cover his basic needs.

He lives alone in a rented apartment and had hoped to get married soon, but the current reality may postpone that longtime wish.

“The inflation has significantly reduced my purchasing power, making it challenging to maintain my previous standard of living. I have to carefully budget for the high costs of food, transportation and essentials, and prioritize my needs over my wants.”

Khalidu revealed that the fuel subsidy removal, which was implemented by the President Tinubu-led government in 2023 as part of its economic reforms, has increased his daily commute expenses, impacting his overall budget for transportation.

“I used to spend N800 a day on transport, but now I spend N1500. That is a 90% increase. It means I have less money to spend on other things,” he said.

He also disclosed that he can’t save anything from his salary due to currency depreciation and exchange rate fluctuations, which have made the naira lose more than 20% of its value against the dollar in the past months.

“I used to save between N30, 000 to N50,000 a month, but now I can’t save even 1 kobo. The naira is losing value daily, and everything is becoming more expensive,” he said.

Khalidu plans to find another source of income to cope with the uncertainty which has also worsened the situation.

“I am looking for a side hustle to supplement my income. I have some skills in graphic design and photography, so I am trying to market myself online and get some clients. But you know these things are not easy.”

At the moment, Khalidu said, he is rearranging his personal and professional obligations based on his income, and exploring additional ways to support his family, who depend on him more at this time.

“Right now I support them in any little way I can but the call for support has increased from my family more than ever. Everybody is truly affected,” Khalidu reiterated.

Also, he is dealing with the psychological and emotional stress that comes from his current situation:

“I access quality health care and education on available alternatives. I am focusing very much on mental well-being which is one of the ways I deal with my psychological and emotional stress. Also I am staying connected to cost-effective things while adapting to the economic challenges,” he concluded.

1 Like

Re: “I Can’t Marry And I Can’t Save Anything”, Tinubu Supporter Earning N200k Lament by LikeAking: 7:32pm On Nov 22, 2023
At least he is working..

200k is $200

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Can’t Marry And I Can’t Save Anything”, Tinubu Supporter Earning N200k Lament by Mbanda(m): 7:39pm On Nov 22, 2023
Tinubu supporters never chi chom chin grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: “I Can’t Marry And I Can’t Save Anything”, Tinubu Supporter Earning N200k Lament by Eriggs: 7:44pm On Nov 22, 2023
E be like say na d latest strategy for dis ipob pigs be dis.
Creating nonsense thread up and down.
I don't see anywhere that say he is a Tinubu supporter or he voted for him.
But these animals just want to make themselves happy, but rather they look stupid.
So una wey be obi.tuary the fraud supporter no dey feel the heat, it is only Tinubu's supporter?
Fools dem

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “I Can’t Marry And I Can’t Save Anything”, Tinubu Supporter Earning N200k Lament by Tochi3(m): 7:48pm On Nov 22, 2023
..maybe he should wear jagaban t- shirt he used during campaign and watch his life Transform like Thief'nubu transformed Lagos..

There is no where in the article he was expressly called an emilokan..but those of you who brought APCshit to steal Nigeria's mandate will bear the fruits of your labor. Insha Allah

By fire by force

10 Likes

Re: “I Can’t Marry And I Can’t Save Anything”, Tinubu Supporter Earning N200k Lament by Obaofpigs: 7:51pm On Nov 22, 2023
You are even Crying...and bitterly lamenting.

The guy is a confirmed Emilokan supporter...spits cheesy

Oya change to your
NLpolicewoman account and report to the mods. cheesy

Eriggs:
But these animals just want to make themselves happy, but rather they look stupid.
So una wey be obi.tuary the fraud supporter no dey feel the heat, it is only Tinubu's supporter?
Fools dem

11 Likes

Re: “I Can’t Marry And I Can’t Save Anything”, Tinubu Supporter Earning N200k Lament by KillahPriest: 7:56pm On Nov 22, 2023
Eriggs:
Fools dem
can you swear by whatever deity you believe in that Nigerians are enjoying the economy ?

9 Likes

Re: “I Can’t Marry And I Can’t Save Anything”, Tinubu Supporter Earning N200k Lament by Politicstoday: 7:59pm On Nov 22, 2023
What of the people that doesn’t have jobs, what will they say? Dey play. Tinubu wicked economy policies destroyed things in the economy. The naira has been devalued. It’s very unfortunate seriously

2 Likes

Re: “I Can’t Marry And I Can’t Save Anything”, Tinubu Supporter Earning N200k Lament by Nackzy: 8:03pm On Nov 22, 2023
Idiot thunder fire you, you ain't seen nothing yet

2 Likes

Re: “I Can’t Marry And I Can’t Save Anything”, Tinubu Supporter Earning N200k Lament by ariy(m): 8:07pm On Nov 22, 2023
Politicstoday:
What of the people that doesn’t have jobs, what will they say? Dey play. Tinubu wicked economy policies destroyed things in the economy. The naira has been devalued. It’s very unfortunate seriously

He has a job.

His problem solved by 65%
Re: “I Can’t Marry And I Can’t Save Anything”, Tinubu Supporter Earning N200k Lament by Politicstoday: 8:18pm On Nov 22, 2023
ariy:

He has a job.

His problem solved by 65%
why is he now complaining?

1 Like

Re: “I Can’t Marry And I Can’t Save Anything”, Tinubu Supporter Earning N200k Lament by Chinjo2: 8:31pm On Nov 22, 2023
Your suffering just started.

3 Likes

Re: “I Can’t Marry And I Can’t Save Anything”, Tinubu Supporter Earning N200k Lament by Jewessgratitud3: 9:05pm On Nov 22, 2023
No be lie. That is what is holding most men from getting married fiunds. Some have been dating for years now but can't take it to the next level due to this same financial constrain. Both couple don old inside relationship. You'll see a couple looking like mama and papa but they still dating. Hm god help us o.

Who see this man now will think he's been married for years.

2 Likes

Re: “I Can’t Marry And I Can’t Save Anything”, Tinubu Supporter Earning N200k Lament by duduade: 9:06pm On Nov 22, 2023
No worry we die hear

Eyin eediiottts
Re: “I Can’t Marry And I Can’t Save Anything”, Tinubu Supporter Earning N200k Lament by Racoon(m): 9:16pm On Nov 22, 2023
Everyone of them is both regions are feeling the heat of their irresponsible political decision

1 Like

Re: “I Can’t Marry And I Can’t Save Anything”, Tinubu Supporter Earning N200k Lament by Vinnie2000(m): 10:25pm On Nov 22, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
No be lie. That is what is holding most men from getting married fiunds. Some have been dating for years now but can't take it to the next level due to this same financial constrain. Both couple don old inside relationship. You'll see a couple looking like mama and papa but they still dating. Hm god help us o.

Who see this man now will think he's been married for years.

Lolss..😄😄😄

This is Funny! 😀

But really, APC and Tinubu has scattered this Country Kpatakpata! 😏

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Can’t Marry And I Can’t Save Anything”, Tinubu Supporter Earning N200k Lament by Jewessgratitud3: 10:27pm On Nov 22, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Lolss..😄😄😄

This is Funny! 😀

But really, APC and Tinubu has scattered this Country Kpatakpata! 😏

I'm telling you. Nothing remain again. Everyone is just hopeless.

1 Like

Re: “I Can’t Marry And I Can’t Save Anything”, Tinubu Supporter Earning N200k Lament by Burob: 10:39pm On Nov 22, 2023
Tochi3:
..maybe he should wear jagaban t- shirt he used during campaign and watch his life Transform like Thief'nubu transformed Lagos..

There is no where in the article he was expressly called an emilokan..but those of you who brought APCshit to steal Nigeria's mandate will bear the fruits of your labor. Insha Allah

By fire by force
So will you, no embassy go give you visa to japa.

You will roast in the pot also.
Re: “I Can’t Marry And I Can’t Save Anything”, Tinubu Supporter Earning N200k Lament by Burob: 10:41pm On Nov 22, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

I'm telling you. Nothing remain again. Everyone is just hopeless.
There are over 220 million people in Nigeria, you are waiting for 1 man Tinubu to give you hope?
Re: “I Can’t Marry And I Can’t Save Anything”, Tinubu Supporter Earning N200k Lament by Jewessgratitud3: 10:43pm On Nov 22, 2023
Burob:
There are over 220 million people in Nigeria, you are waiting for 1 man Tinubu to give you hope?

Which part of my statement says I'm waiting for Tinubu to give me hope? God is my only hope o.
Re: “I Can’t Marry And I Can’t Save Anything”, Tinubu Supporter Earning N200k Lament by Gadafii: 10:58pm On Nov 22, 2023
Tinubu never even do 1 year in office and emilokan gangsters and mate already lamenting, tinubu till 2035, since una wan play politics with our National lives, normally APC no deserve to win local govt chairmanship with Wetin dem use Nigerians eyes see, but because of say na “my tribe man” politics una vote them again and even helped them to rig election and boastfully defended it

Everyone must collect oo, I know all Nigerians are seeing the shege pro max but e be like na Yoruba people dey lament pass

I am yet to see Igbo people you sinisterly wanted to teach lesson lament so far so good

So more crying to agbado and almajiri
Re: “I Can’t Marry And I Can’t Save Anything”, Tinubu Supporter Earning N200k Lament by TheEndless: 1:10am On Nov 23, 2023
Eriggs:
Fools dem
yoruba Mozulem pig shut that open sewage you call a mouth and stop gaslighting!

Abi nor be that una fellow piglet wey call herself posh mama die inside dustbin wey be like hospital cos she nor get common 50k for blood

Or nor be another yoruba Mozulem pig dey cry say him nor fit buy inhaler

It’s almost only the poor and helpless yoruba Mozulem pigs that supported dingBAT then still come and oink all over the place when the consequences of their dangerous stupidity sets in! 🤦‍♀️

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “I Can’t Marry And I Can’t Save Anything”, Tinubu Supporter Earning N200k Lament by amazingspiderma: 1:19am On Nov 23, 2023
Ok
Re: “I Can’t Marry And I Can’t Save Anything”, Tinubu Supporter Earning N200k Lament by PedoBear: 4:07am On Nov 23, 2023
Typical lazy youth

All they think is phone and sex instead of hustling no wonder they venture into skull mining and drug pushing
Re: “I Can’t Marry And I Can’t Save Anything”, Tinubu Supporter Earning N200k Lament by Lovemeharder(f): 2:38pm On Nov 23, 2023
200k is a big money o, some are earning 20k. Be grateful.
Re: “I Can’t Marry And I Can’t Save Anything”, Tinubu Supporter Earning N200k Lament by Eunoiaa(f): 7:32pm On Dec 10, 2023
PedoBear:
Typical lazy youth

All they think is phone and sex instead of hustling no wonder they venture into skull mining and drug pushing

😭😭😭😭

I can feel the pain in this comment. Was that wgat your father was doing InfectedEmbryo ? Cause it seem to me like you're speaking from experience.
Re: “I Can’t Marry And I Can’t Save Anything”, Tinubu Supporter Earning N200k Lament by Blake755: 8:13pm On Dec 10, 2023
Let me start now and start campaigning apc on your mandate i stand

(1) (Reply)

OPC Supports South-south Presidency / Why Do You Think Many Nigerians Do Not Vote? / American Government Masterminded 9/11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.