Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,300 members, 7,829,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death (48992 Views)

Boy Became Popular After He Converted Refrigerator To Boat / 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Now Authors (Photos) / Nigerian Celebrities Who Crush On Anthony Joshua (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by Hoofoot: 4:46pm On Nov 23, 2023
Morbeta11:
Include Goldies and Mc Lope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ_Tpgvwt-c

MC Loph that year
cry
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by Goldbw122(m): 4:48pm On Nov 23, 2023
That is why we need to be thankful to be alive.
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by Johnson5258: 4:51pm On Nov 23, 2023
I miss Bisi komolafe
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by Exceed15: 4:52pm On Nov 23, 2023
immortalcrown:
The inclusion of Ola Dip is funny 🤣

Don't mind the stupid boy .
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by sylve11: 4:53pm On Nov 23, 2023
Christy Essien Igbokwe will always be in my heart.

Continue to journey well, Ma. sad cool
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by enemyofprogress: 4:54pm On Nov 23, 2023
I swear the list is incomplete without Fela's name
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by happney65: 5:00pm On Nov 23, 2023
The OP's head no correct for including Christy Essien Igbokwe on that list. That is rubbish. She was more popular alive and I don't think her death even made her more popular.

Na GenZ the OP suppose be Sha

Rubbish!
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by aslaosar1: 5:00pm On Nov 23, 2023
Christy Essien Igbokwe was the face of drama series Masquerade of the 70's, 80's and 90'sas wife Prince Jegede Shokoya. The indomie generation wouldn't know this. Her music and name blaze the airwaves then and was a household name.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by PoliteActivist: 5:01pm On Nov 23, 2023
Davinity:
Yes he's dead until the public is officially informed

Nothing like informed. He is dead. End of story.
You never heard how they clone people??
RIP Oladips
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by PoliteActivist: 5:05pm On Nov 23, 2023
obaidan:
shey dem say Oladips no die say na prank.

No mind them. They think they can fool us with a clone. RIP Ola
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by wink2015(m): 5:07pm On Nov 23, 2023
clefstone:
Christy Essien Igbokwe shouldn't be on this list. She was more famous alive than when she died

She even acted in the New Masquerade television series staring as Akpeno.

That television drama had star actors like Chika Okpala aka Chief Zebrudaya,

She was a celebrities both in life and in death.
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by Emeka71(m): 5:10pm On Nov 23, 2023
immortalcrown:

It serves him right. Not everyone gets away with stupidity.
Fela Kuti.
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by BJanta: 5:17pm On Nov 23, 2023
Notes225:
Oladips must carry his cross o grin

Or his death?
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by Addme: 5:21pm On Nov 23, 2023
Godsgift7837:
And Brymo is my favorite in Nigeria.

Brymo is the most underrated artiste in Nigeria. I'm just feeling for the guy as I don't get how his career nosedived like that.
How you dey baba?
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by VIKTO83(m): 5:22pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ola Dip even without telling people was dead as long as his musical career was/is concerned.
I got to hear about him only after he made us know he's dead.
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by RealNiggaDee(m): 5:25pm On Nov 23, 2023
include skibii on that list
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by SisterAnn(f): 5:26pm On Nov 23, 2023
clefstone:
Christy Essien Igbokwe shouldn't be on this list. She was more famous alive than when she died
My brother I bow for the Op.

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by jubrilELsudan: 5:33pm On Nov 23, 2023
YOU ARE MOST STUPID TO SAY THAT CHRISTY ESSIEN IGBOKWE BECAME MORE POPULAR AFTER HER DEATH

CLEARLY YOU ARE A KID WEY JUST STOP TO SUCK BREAST

WHAT AN INSULT

INDEED YOU ARE A CONFAM ODE

2 Likes

Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by richeeyo(m): 5:38pm On Nov 23, 2023
chukkystar:
U know people only see Music as a numbers thing. Unless the artist is selling or being or billboards the artist has fallen. Brymo is on His own lane and carved His own Ninche. He likes to feel His Music, it's also something that lead Him to taking Hard Drugs
Not aware of his drug problems

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by Icon4s(m): 5:40pm On Nov 23, 2023
Angelfrost:
Amaka Igwe and Christy Essien-Igbokwe have no business on that list...!

Those were Amazons while alive, and breaking new ground in the Entertainment Industry... Death didn't make them more popular than they already were, they were simply celebrated for their milestones.

You people should learn to do proper research and fact-finding before rushing to create topics and threads.

The author must be a very young person and so didn't know Amaka Igwe and Christy Essien Igbokwe at their primes

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by ponishah: 5:48pm On Nov 23, 2023
Awesome6s:

By CrispNG
If you fail one you have failed in all.
Essen Igbokwe was far way hyper-popular more hyper celebrated when she was alve, than dead.
What are you saying? Very poor and clumsy write-up..
In the 80's, the only TV station we had was NYV or NTA WITH substations in almost all the 19,states. New masquerade which she acted in was a national programme which implies that all the NYA stations must telecast. It was a delight and everyone watching TV in his or his neighbors house must watch, you need to see the crowd in anatomy that had a TV when it was time for the comic drama.
Then she also excelled in music, I did not even know when she died.

How could make such blunder, how many people was following her at her death.
Beg do research before you start blogging, .
No try this rubbish next time.
Because you want to write about Mobad , you then decided to falsify nonexistent appraisal

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by riczy(m): 5:53pm On Nov 23, 2023
Barrack oh grin I missed him, my favorite in d list posted!

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by thatigboman: 6:04pm On Nov 23, 2023
clefstone:
exactly. Akpeno. Same as Amaka Igwe that created Checkmate.
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by Papayaayasager(m): 6:07pm On Nov 23, 2023
Oladip
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by Xpol: 6:09pm On Nov 23, 2023
immortalcrown:

It serves him right. Not everyone gets away with stupidity. If Ola's father was that of Mohbad, Ola would have been quickly buried alive in an under-sized casket at night.
lol you're wickedly wicked
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by Uwaiwe: 6:11pm On Nov 23, 2023
For adding Christy Essien Igbokwe, it's obvious writer belong to indomie generation. Christy was an household name in Nigeria in the 80's and 90's.
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by thatigboman: 6:11pm On Nov 23, 2023
aslaosar1:
Christy Essien Igbokwe was the face of drama series Masquerade of the 70's, 80's and 90'sas wife Prince Jegede Shokoya. The indomie generation wouldn't know this. Her music and name blaze the airwaves then and was a household name.
christy essien igbokwe was a holdhold name in the 80s and 90s. From acting akpeno in the New Masquerade to music - singing in English, Igbo and yoruba. Dont know where the Op got his concept of being popular after death from.
Same as Amaka Igwe that created the very popular Checkmate

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by Caseless: 6:12pm On Nov 23, 2023
immortalcrown:

It serves him right. Not everyone gets away with stupidity. If Ola's father was that of Mohbad, Ola would have been quickly buried alive in an under-sized casket at night.

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

I don laugh tire. Una no good for here.
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by soloehis(m): 6:12pm On Nov 23, 2023
Awesome6s:

By CrispNG
Christy Essien Igbokwe, was very popular dead and alive..she shouldn't be on the list
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by Tareq1105: 6:18pm On Nov 23, 2023
immortalcrown:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Teni Recounts How Tiwa Savage Came To Greet Her On Board A Plane / Laura Ikeji Apologizes For Selling Fake Designer Handbags (pic) / Ufedo Sunshine: "I Am A Virgin"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.