Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,943 members, 7,821,301 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance (10188 Views)

NNPCL CEO, Mele Kyari And EFCC Boss, Bawa At The Villa Today / NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance / BREAKING: Finally, Senate Passes 2018 Budget Of N9.12tr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by firearcher: 8:25am On Nov 23, 2023
Can you recommend jailing? Or do they mean recommend prosecution?

Lol. They should just plant some dynamites in those refineries and blow them up. Those refineries are the biggest scam of many generations

May God expose everyone who has been feeding off this scam for decades. Both in government and outside it. Cuz the government always need the private sector to siphon money.
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by gammarays(m): 8:25am On Nov 23, 2023
kingsways:
What a shame

12 trillion, more than the country’s annual budget apparently stolen and Nigerians are just going about like goats !

In a normal country, there would be a national outrage, they would shut down everything. Nothing will move until those who stole the money vomit it!

They love to suffer and smile.

Speak against the government and you'll be tagged Obedient while rots are going on.

It's good to keep silent let everything collapse
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by Khyrvxjzy: 8:27am On Nov 23, 2023
kingsways:
What a shame

12 trillion, more than the country’s annual budget apparently stolen and Nigerians are just going about like goats !

In a normal country, there would be a national outrage, they would shut down everything. Nothing will move until those who stole the money vomit it!

in a normal country, their wont be any shut down only police and judge will do the work

only a terrorist ipob will want it to shut down
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by bigman001(m): 8:29am On Nov 23, 2023
kingsways:
What a shame

na see finish, them don see us finish so they will continue treating us as such. the politicians have succeeded in using tribe and religion to separate us, so we can never have one voice, which i dont even see coming to existence, the level of hatred and greed we have for each other is immeasurable.
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by PJ123: 8:29am On Nov 23, 2023
alimiadedayo1:

and some stupid folks were supporting F.g because of their hate for lecturers

You think giving 2trillions Naira to ASUU or any Union, solve Nigerian problem? It doesn't!!!
Nigeria is a scam, it needs to be dissolved and that very urgently.
Corruption is part and parcel of every Nigerian irrespective of their level of education. ASUU members are part of all the useless elections being conducted in Nigeria. Had the leadership of the union directed their members not to participate in such shady.
elections.

The corruption in Nigeria system beginning from Ivory Tower is unimaginable.
Nigeria needs to be divided, money should not be given to anybody.

I joined academics as GA in one of the first generational universities shortly after my graduation from the same University.

I was staying with a Professor who was then the dean of another faculty. One of his son's happened to be a student in my department where I was lecturing them, and unfortunately happened to be one my students.
The boy took my course and unfortunately for him had a 'D' in my course.
His father , Professor and Dean in another faculty, challenged me why his son had to have D in my course and I am leaving under their roof, eating their food. I told him I did all I could do but I cannot show him questions that will come out as that's against ethics of my job. He never loved me again till I left that system. The same Professor is the current vice chancellor of the same University.
Nigeria is a scam, whoever married the country together did a very terrible job and God won't forgive such a person.
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by sematec(m): 8:31am On Nov 23, 2023
Sack them
they have done their best it amounts to nothing
if you sack them make thunder faya u cool
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by RepoMan007: 8:52am On Nov 23, 2023
More worrisome is that between 2010 and 2020, the sum of N4.8 trillion was said to have been spent as operational expenses. How do you incur operational expenses that have to do with purchase of raw materials and similar expenses on factories that are moribund? How do we come about operational expenses? We need to know.
That's like fueling a scrap vehicle in scrap yard for decades.
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by slowice(m): 8:54am On Nov 23, 2023
membranus:

But I am pretty sure Peter Obi is not "the corrupt free man to run the country". Remember his Pandora issue, and let us seek for a better leader.

Did you even bother to understand the Pandora issue or you just went off accusing him of corruption like the rest.
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by sammyonal: 9:00am On Nov 23, 2023
U dey mind Nigerians, dem go wait taya.
lokotamak:
See figure #12,000,000,000,000.
If one person and his group can robbed this country with this amount and Nigerians still dey wait say this country go better grin grin grin Dem go wait tire grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by udemzyudex(m): 9:04am On Nov 23, 2023
Loud mouth, dem go collect #3tr inside the money close mouth.
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by tohiga4631: 9:18am On Nov 23, 2023
I thought that by now that MELE KYARI guy of the NNPC should have been thrown into jail .

But No . I forgot he is from the tribe of the untouchables
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by OMBIIGA: 9:41am On Nov 23, 2023
They keep throwing up monetary figures without documentary evidence to that effect.
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by yusufmurry: 9:51am On Nov 23, 2023
Story for the gods

What happened to NDDC's "off your mic" audit scandal? Same senate led by Akpabio?

Where is Akpabio? Where is Fmr Senator Heineken?

When it's anybody's turn, chop and go. Nigeria no dey finish

Na turn by turn
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by BreakingNews21: 10:11am On Nov 23, 2023
The Senate should go further and completely decommission the entire NNPCL. It hasn't lived up to it's mandate for improving the country. Just imagine Royal Dutch Shell personnel work in that building. Most adults know their abysmal colonial mindset track record of helping to corrupt legions of politicians decade after decade.
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by nairalanda1(m): 10:13am On Nov 23, 2023
They should be jailed...but the thing is, if NNPC was operated at a profit, the refineries would be working.

The above mess is what happens when you run things at a loss. Stealing, stealing and more stealing results.
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by Billionairly: 10:53am On Nov 23, 2023
Faiththatworks:
When someone opened a thread yesterday asking which government agency is the most corrupt institution in Nigeria,some very ignorant people were referring to the police and the Judiciary.
I said it yesterday that it was a straight fight between NNPCL and CBN,and not up to 24 hours I have been proved Right.
Trillions of Nigeria spent on those scrap metals called refineries aka conduit financial drain pipes,and not even one liter of petroleum, kerosene,diesel or even aviation fuel to show for all the gigantic investment.
Every 4 years is always a period to carry out Turn-around maintenance on those scrap metals,the Minister makes money while the fuel import cabal continues their parasitic business.
I repeat, that's why I supported Jagaban,he must crush the fuel import cabal that has its headquarters in NNPCL,from the gateman to the GMD, everyone must be totally uprooted and new set of fresh blood brought into that agency.
For those Nigerians who have left the antelope in the bush which is NNPCL and gone after the cockroaches which is the police and the Judiciary,I daresay you are being hoodwinked by these politicians so we never focus our attention on the real problems of Nigeria.
My only prayer for Asiwaju as this year comes to an end,is for him to make sure crude oil flows to Dangote Refinery,even if it means breaking agreement with our foreign creditors.
The day a barrel of crude oil is refined in Dangote Refinery,the chokehold of the gluttons in NNPCL will be broken.
Still selling my Estate in Ibeju-lekki
https://www.nairaland.com/7905580/introducing-silvergate-estate-ibeju-lekki
God bless Nigeria.......

HAHAHA funny Guy...You made me really laugh this morning oh... Are this naive? Listen my friend, dont bother waiting for tinubu, he is right in the middle of the crude oil scams we have in Nigeria. From the subsidy to the refineries and the crude bunkering, he is in the middle of it. that is why no one is being arrested or investigated. But he wasnt making money from CBN thats why he is trying to find out where they kept all the stolen money so he can get his share.

But its ok tinubu is a good president, if nothing atleast the fact that yoruba is now the official language in Aso rock that is all that should matter for now, in 2027 we will vote again to keep the status quo of the awa lokan. Anyways votes are not really needed, no one can remove jagaban from power ever! RONU O!
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by Adabestseason(m): 11:00am On Nov 23, 2023
Death on arrival and efforts in futility some persons looking for their hands to be greased.Decentralized the NNPCL according to regions,because it is the north's ATMs nobody is willing,my believe corruption will assist to unbundle the country one day
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by lizko(m): 11:01am On Nov 23, 2023
Tinubu just want that man shine small, Y him no invite Buhari that signed everything. Soon he will scout free like others.
forgiveness:

Kuje prison. Ask Emefiele.
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by gare(f): 11:54am On Nov 23, 2023
Faiththatworks:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/11/senate-threatens-to-jail-nnpcl-ceo-others-over-n12tr-turnaround-maintenance/

That money is enough to build a new refinery with a higher refining capacity, what is wrong with this country called Nigeria and you want Saudi to bring their money to invest in this your devouring refinery 😂 make una de play.

Not until we have decided to sack everyone from level 13 upwards in NNPCL those refineries will never work
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by Goodiep: 11:57am On Nov 23, 2023
just to have there cut, how did akpabio emerge as senate president in the mist of more vibrant senators? he is yet to recoop his money to buy the office. take them serios at your own peril.
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by telleyway: 12:19pm On Nov 23, 2023
Faiththatworks:
When someone opened a thread yesterday asking which government agency is the most corrupt institution in Nigeria,some very ignorant people were referring to the police and the Judiciary.
I said it yesterday that it was a straight fight between NNPCL and CBN,and not up to 24 hours I have been proved Right.
Trillions of Nigeria spent on those scrap metals called refineries aka conduit financial drain pipes,and not even one liter of petroleum, kerosene,diesel or even aviation fuel to show for all the gigantic investment.
Every 4 years is always a period to carry out Turn-around maintenance on those scrap metals,the Minister makes money while the fuel import cabal continues their parasitic business.
I repeat, that's why I supported Jagaban,he must crush the fuel import cabal that has its headquarters in NNPCL,from the gateman to the GMD, everyone must be totally uprooted and new set of fresh blood brought into that agency.
For those Nigerians who have left the antelope in the bush which is NNPCL and gone after the cockroaches which is the police and the Judiciary,I daresay you are being hoodwinked by these politicians so we never focus our attention on the real problems of Nigeria.
My only prayer for Asiwaju as this year comes to an end,is for him to make sure crude oil flows to Dangote Refinery,even if it means breaking agreement with our foreign creditors.
The day a barrel of crude oil is refined in Dangote Refinery,the chokehold of the gluttons in NNPCL will be broken.
Still selling my Estate in Ibeju-lekki
https://www.nairaland.com/7905580/introducing-silvergate-estate-ibeju-lekki
God bless Nigeria.......

Just chill bro, agbado people said their grand commander will make refineries ready by December. Let me laugh 😂 in Swahili.

Army, Navy are busy destroying refineries on the daily basis in the name of "illegal refineries" okay bring the legal one on board.
Those that justify illegal subsidy removal will soon know where we all belong.
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by Donedeal1(m): 12:20pm On Nov 23, 2023
Fantastically corrupt Nation.
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by ufotunang: 12:25pm On Nov 23, 2023
,12 trillion naira...that Mele kyari should be arrested he is the problem in the petroleum sector
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by waveman2: 12:38pm On Nov 23, 2023
I think the govt should hire it's own consultant to give a true picture of the cost of maintaining the refineries to get them working at full capacity or selling them off to private firms.NNPCL has failed nigerian,civil servant will always remain corrupt.
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by delpee(f): 6:39pm On Nov 23, 2023
They have staff in the moribund refineries earning salaries and incurring operational expenses without producing anything all these years. That is a scam that needs to be investigated.
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by alimiadedayo1: 6:49pm On Nov 23, 2023
PJ123:

You think giving 2trillions Naira to ASUU or any Union, solve Nigerian problem? It doesn't!!!
Nigeria is a scam, it needs to be dissolved and that very urgently.
Corruption is part and parcel of every Nigerian irrespective of their level of education. ASUU members are part of all the useless elections being conducted in Nigeria. Had the leadership of the union directed their members not to participate in such shady.
elections.

The corruption in Nigeria system beginning from Ivory Tower is unimaginable.
Nigeria needs to be divided, money should not be given to anybody.

I joined academics as GA in one of the first generational universities shortly after my graduation from the same University.

I was staying with a Professor who was then the dean of another faculty. One of his son's happened to be a student in my department where I was lecturing them, and unfortunately happened to be one my students.
The boy took my course and unfortunately for him had a 'D' in my course.
His father , Professor and Dean in another faculty, challenged me why his son had to have D in my course and I am leaving under their roof, eating their food. I told him I did all I could do but I cannot show him questions that will come out as that's against ethics of my job. He never loved me again till I left that system. The same Professor is the current vice chancellor of the same University.
Nigeria is a scam, whoever married the country together did a very terrible job and God won't forgive such a person.
brother forget about all.this epistle you are typing.. lecturing job is not a good job and their pay is very poor compare to other sector.. There is no way you will not be corrupt unless you are very disciplined and close to God.. Let me now buttress my point.. If our government lay a very good example,The other bodies will be less corrupt.. Government should be the model for transparency and other sub sectors will follow
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by Ikemba007: 4:22am On Nov 24, 2023
Faiththatworks:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/11/senate-threatens-to-jail-nnpcl-ceo-others-over-n12tr-turnaround-maintenance/

Have you ever known the NASS to prosecute or jail anybody? They only use this for blackmail to collect their share.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Slapped By Jamaican Guy In London. / Osinbajo Launches $750m COVID-19 Recovery Initiative / Why Are There So Many Homosexuals In The North?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.