Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance (10191 Views)

NNPCL CEO, Mele Kyari And EFCC Boss, Bawa At The Villa Today / NNPC: Nigerian Refineries Damaged Beyond Turnaround Maintenance / BREAKING: Finally, Senate Passes 2018 Budget Of N9.12tr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by bluefilm: 7:18am On Nov 23, 2023
Empty Threats grin grin grin
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by Mvnster: 7:18am On Nov 23, 2023
kingsways:
What a shame

12 trillion, more than the country’s annual budget apparently stolen and Nigerians are just going about like goats !

In a normal country, there would be a national outrage, they would shut down everything. Nothing will move until those who stole the money vomit it!

If it's not about religion or tribal matters don't expect Nigerians to worry much.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by JimohMomoh: 7:20am On Nov 23, 2023
Buhari was minister of petroleum for 8 years yet none of our refineries worked.
He was busy empowering his kingsmen A A Rano, SALBAS, Shafa Energy, Shemu and Matrix so they can dominate the petroleum industry.

The senate should have summoned Buhari if they are serious with their investigation.

Some of those Senators are shareholders in those companies I mentioned above.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by lizko(m): 7:20am On Nov 23, 2023
Which jail?
forgiveness:
Question begging for answer. Trillions of naira to resuscitate the 3 refineries but nothing to show for it.

The government is patiently waiting for deadline given for the refineries to start working but if otherwise they are going to jail.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by Igahbarr: 7:21am On Nov 23, 2023
Why is the Senate issuing threats instead of sacking the NNPCL officials with immediate effect.
I guest the Committee is indirectly soliciting for a hush money from the affected officials and that will end the matter forever and ever.
May God save us .

2 Likes

Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by israelmao(m): 7:22am On Nov 23, 2023
Senate should first jail itself.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by bayelsaowei(m): 7:24am On Nov 23, 2023
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha....
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by amossgnyahoo: 7:24am On Nov 23, 2023
Finally, as insider(casual staff; support staff, third party, contractor staff) of over 10/15 yrs this is long over due 👍

1 Like

Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by Blaze14k: 7:25am On Nov 23, 2023
Story like it will ever happen. Is the senate not among those stealing the money. How can u implicate urself without any pressure from anyone?

2 Likes

Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by alimiadedayo1: 7:26am On Nov 23, 2023
OneCandleAway:

How much is ASUU even requesting for, wasn't it less than 2 trillion naira?

Yet they haven't given them the funds, increased school fees but can use 12 trillion for fake maintenance.

God will punish all these people
and some stupid folks were supporting F.g because of their hate for lecturers

1 Like

Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by bayelsaowei(m): 7:27am On Nov 23, 2023
TheGiftedOne:
When will NIGERIA replace CORRUPTION in the dictionary? It's long overdue.

The peasants at the tail end of the chain of corruption will soon arrive. cool
hahahahahhaa..

Make I laugh small.. Nigeria its on its knees...we have no money again...and we've had EFCC all this while chasing rats whilst leaving lions and elephants to traverse freely with stolen monies..

Na we sabi for ourselves sha..

1 Like

Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by forgiveness: 7:28am On Nov 23, 2023
lizko:
Which jail?

Kuje prison. Ask Emefiele.
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by Britishpea: 7:29am On Nov 23, 2023
shox:
you agbado and cassava munchers sabi rant 😁😁😁

E go reach everybody 💯

Your brain is not more than that of a cockroach if all you can say to the very important topic is this. Are you educated at all? Are you above 18 like this? Must politics always blind your small brain?

When you wake up every morning always make a prayer. Your prayer point should be God pls give me a brain no matter how small. E-Hoodlum!

2 Likes

Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by slowice(m): 7:39am On Nov 23, 2023
There's a reason we wanted a decent and corrupt free man to run the country... But let's keep fooling around.

Corruption favors no tribe, it only favors the individuals involve.

Good governance favors all.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by Fiscus105(m): 7:41am On Nov 23, 2023
When Obasanjo sold them off, Yar'Adua came and reversed it, having reserved it, what are the gains since?

Not until we come to term that Naija as a country can't do business successfully.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by Dyfynezz12(m): 7:42am On Nov 23, 2023
Corruption is the synonym of Nigeria
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by Omenlon: 7:42am On Nov 23, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
Nigeria has gone to the dogs . can you imagine??
one idiot spotted.
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by kokomilala(m): 7:42am On Nov 23, 2023
The Conduit Of Profligacy- The NNPCL

When OBJ sold those obsolete refineries to Dangote and Otedola, I think, just before he left office, dust was raised in some quarters, possibly no more than from the same National Assembly. Many argued that they were sold on the cheap. But these were scraps. No real investor would buy such scraps at a huge cost.

This TAM is a systematic way of siphoning state resources under the cloak of routine maintenance. And with countless sessions, they still aren't working. Now we hear over 12 trillion Naira has been spent on them under the shadiest deals imaginable.

The National Assembly must continue to pressure the NNPCL and its subsidiaries involved in these shady deals to produce the books, the documents. At least, they owe Nigerians serious explanation. This inquisition should not be limited to just 2010, it should go back further.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by GloriousGbola: 7:42am On Nov 23, 2023
the senate full of former and current PDP members is grandstanding

refinery TAM scams are a feature of the PDP years. and they were run by emeka offor of chrome oil

the current ledership of NNPC have nothing to do with this

this is people who all ate from the money now making a show of asking questions about the same money

1 Like

Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by Opinedecandid(m): 7:46am On Nov 23, 2023
Faiththatworks:
When someone opened a thread yesterday asking which government agency is the most corrupt institution in Nigeria,some very ignorant people were referring to the police and the Judiciary.
I said it yesterday that it was a straight fight between NNPCL and CBN,and not up to 24 hours I have been proved Right.
Trillions of Nigeria spent on those scrap metals called refineries aka conduit financial drain pipes,and not even one liter of petroleum, kerosene,diesel or even aviation fuel to show for all the gigantic investment.
Every 4 years is always a period to carry out Turn-around maintenance on those scrap metals,the Minister makes money while the fuel import cabal continues their parasitic business.
I repeat, that's why I supported Jagaban,he must crush the fuel import cabal that has its headquarters in NNPCL,from the gateman to the GMD, everyone must be totally uprooted and new set of fresh blood brought into that agency.
For those Nigerians who have left the antelope in the bush which is NNPCL and gone after the cockroaches which is the police and the Judiciary,I daresay you are being hoodwinked by these politicians so we never focus our attention on the real problems of Nigeria.
My only prayer for Asiwaju as this year comes to an end,is for him to make sure crude oil flows to Dangote Refinery,even if it means breaking agreement with our foreign creditors.
The day a barrel of crude oil is refined in Dangote Refinery,the chokehold of the gluttons in NNPCL will be broken.
Still selling my Estate in Ibeju-lekki
https://www.nairaland.com/7905580/introducing-silvergate-estate-ibeju-lekki
God bless Nigeria.......

I just told someone a few days back that as far as President Tinubu has refused to change the entire leadership of the NNPCL, he, the president is culpable.
Nothing more, nothing less.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by membranus: 7:50am On Nov 23, 2023
slowice:
There's a reason we wanted a decent and corrupt free man to run the country... But let's keep fooling around.

Corruption favors no tribe, it only favors the individuals involve.

Good governance favors all.

But I am pretty sure Peter Obi is not "the corrupt free man to run the country". Remember his Pandora issue, and let us seek for a better leader.
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by Yadid(m): 7:51am On Nov 23, 2023
Never knew they now have judicial powers too. When did legislators start putting people in prison? Nigeria!
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by Omenlon: 7:55am On Nov 23, 2023
Fiscus105:
When Obasanjo sold it off, Yar'Adua came and reversed it, having reserved it, what is gains since then?

Not until we come to term that Naija as a country can't do business successfully.
the labour unions then forced the incorrigible Yar'Adua to reversed that noble act of Obasanjo for their selfish interest and here we are today.

1 Like

Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by Kay25(m): 7:57am On Nov 23, 2023
Faiththatworks:
When someone opened a thread yesterday asking which government agency is the most corrupt institution in Nigeria,some very ignorant people were referring to the police and the Judiciary.
I said it yesterday that it was a straight fight between NNPCL and CBN,and not up to 24 hours I have been proved Right.
Trillions of Nigeria spent on those scrap metals called refineries aka conduit financial drain pipes,and not even one liter of petroleum, kerosene,diesel or even aviation fuel to show for all the gigantic investment.
Every 4 years is always a period to carry out Turn-around maintenance on those scrap metals,the Minister makes money while the fuel import cabal continues their parasitic business.
I repeat, that's why I supported Jagaban,he must crush the fuel import cabal that has its headquarters in NNPCL,from the gateman to the GMD, everyone must be totally uprooted and new set of fresh blood brought into that agency.
For those Nigerians who have left the antelope in the bush which is NNPCL and gone after the cockroaches which is the police and the Judiciary,I daresay you are being hoodwinked by these politicians so we never focus our attention on the real problems of Nigeria.
My only prayer for Asiwaju as this year comes to an end,is for him to make sure crude oil flows to Dangote Refinery,even if it means breaking agreement with our foreign creditors.
The day a barrel of crude oil is refined in Dangote Refinery,the chokehold of the gluttons in NNPCL will be broken.
Still selling my Estate in Ibeju-lekki
https://www.nairaland.com/7905580/introducing-silvergate-estate-ibeju-lekki
God bless Nigeria.......
U sabi
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by BigDawsNet: 7:57am On Nov 23, 2023
kingsways:
What a shame

12 trillion, more than the country’s annual budget apparently stolen and Nigerians are just going about like goats !

In a normal country, there would be a national outrage, they would shut down everything. Nothing will move until those who stole the money vomit it!

This mess will continue to occur until the masses stand up for thier right... I believe the citizens are more in population than the people In the government...

1 Like

Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by Itzteewhy(m): 7:58am On Nov 23, 2023
The level of corruption in God forsaken country is alarming and mind boggling....

The audacious of our leaders to loot and siphon such humongous amount despite the poverty and sufferings Nigeria are going through is what I cannot decipher...

Imagine what 12trn would do... And you would still see some stupid dumb mofos that would still hail, support and cheer them on as if it's not their future they are sabotaging..

Nigeria would never cease to amaze me.. stupid sets of people.. spits

Smh
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by abobote: 8:04am On Nov 23, 2023
Has the senate ever jail anyone before? Bunch of jokers
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by LockDown69(m): 8:06am On Nov 23, 2023
grin
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by captainamiedi1: 8:08am On Nov 23, 2023
Story senators want their share of the funds. When there is a hand shake its over
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by jaxxy(m): 8:11am On Nov 23, 2023
Don't they do a technical analysis b4 embarking on these scam maintenance?
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by CyberWolf: 8:14am On Nov 23, 2023
I’ve said this several times, sell those piece of shiiit called refinery as scrap and use all these funds they are wasting for phantom turn around maintenance and build a brand new smaller refinery but they won’t listen. The country is irremediable, those still praying are just deceiving themselves.
Re: Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance by bigiyaro(m): 8:19am On Nov 23, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin see them hustling for thier own cut... bunch of clowns.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP: 17 States, APC: 16 States, Swing: 4 States / Nigerian Woman Slapped By Jamaican Guy In London. / Petrol Price Hike Only After Negotiation With Labour — NNPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.