Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,932 members, 7,814,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor (44132 Views)

Patience Ozokwor Moved To Tears As Mercy Johnson Presents Generous Gifts to her / Odunlade Adekola, Patience Ozokwor, Juliet Ibrahim And Basketmouth At An Event / Patience Ozokwor, Grandchildren, Son-In-Law, Daughter, Chioma Nnenna Lameya: Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by Truths9ja: 4:28pm On Nov 23, 2023
Nigeria Lengendary Actress Patience Ozokwor explains why nollywood actors beg for money online when they are sick.

“Why Nollywood actors beg for money online when they are sick”- Actress Patience Ozokwo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq7dh3qOJVA?si=x-T1htacPv6ibipA

3 Likes

Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by Truths9ja: 4:28pm On Nov 23, 2023
Hmm 🤔 very deep

Patience Ozokwor Shares Reason Actors Come Online To Seek Financial Help

Veteran actress, Patience Ozokwor has explained reasons why some of her colleague seek financial aide on social media.

Recall that some actors have come online to beg for financial help from the public due to their failing health conditions.

The recent actor who made headlines after coming out to beg for financial help was John Okafor also known as Mr. Ibu.

Speaking about the reason why actors come out to beg for help, Patience Ozokwo says that most of these actors spend their life savings on sickness when they start having the hope that they will be better.

However, when the resources get exhausted, they come out to beg for help.

She added that a lot of people have the perception that actors are rich and always want to receive from them hence making it hard for actors.

She finally added that actors live expensive lifestyles called ''packaging'' and hence, spend most of their money on clothes so as to not repeat clothes again making them financially down.

https://www.tori.ng/news/254466/patience-ozokwor-shares-reason-actors-come-online.html

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by Haaland56: 4:30pm On Nov 23, 2023
I see

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by Truths9ja: 4:53pm On Nov 23, 2023
“We're Heavy Spenders, We Don’t Wear Cheap Cloth”: Patience Ozokwo Lists Reason Actors Beg When Sick

According to the actress, many actors make good money when they are vibrant and at work, but their expensive lifestyle, which is expected of them by the public, makes them spend so much to meet their status as superstars. Patience Ozokwo says people don't help actors The actress, who won the AMVCA Merit Award in May, noted that many believe actors are rich because of the kind of clothes they wear on the red carpet, so they don't help them READ ALSO "Very Sad": Fire guts Small Doctor's home, property worth millions destroyed as videos emerge PAY ATTENTION: Follow us on Instagram - get the most important news directly in your favourite app! The film star also said when they fall sick, they bear the financial burden alone with family and when they have nothing left, they resort to begging on social media. Her explanation comes months after actors were slammed for begging when they are faced with difficulties. See her video here: Fans react to Patience Ozokwo's interview Reactions have trailed what the veteran actress said in the interview. Here are some of the comments below. @iamericardo: "Also, male nollywood actors have more financial responsibilities . They have their wives, children, extended family and even communities to take care of. This usually lives very little room for savings. They try to be there for everybody which in turn renders financially incapacitated when these draining diseases come their way. So sad!" READ ALSO Nigerian woman who gave birth to 5 kids lament as they disturb her, video touches hearts
@realannjay: "Everything she said is 100% true."
@adikwujohn_: "To be rich is one thing. To be financially free is the goal. Diversification and living life on your own terms is underrated. May God give us the wisdom ."
@kelvin_goodnews_: "That’s why I always do my thing, watin people go talk no concern me , who nak£d no Dey chuck hand for pocket."
@pevsaaku_fashionkilla: "The rule still remains the same , for the sake of times like this when you are at your peak as a star/Celebrity and it's your moment raise people up with you, let your team shine through you for when times like this come , there will be people to Catch you when u fall and render a helping hand of loyalty. Cos you can shine forever, so make good use of your moments."
@stanley_ontop: "Bloody truth."
@Iakimbilly: "Real fact ,Omo me I can tell from what I see with my two eye. She said it all ." READ ALSO "Everything is spoilt": Painful video of juice seller pouring away containers of drink stirs emotions
@adewwo: "Actors aren’t paid well at all except for the A-List actors! Once you’re not an A-list, forget it! Na manage them they manage…skit makers com even dey feature “actors” for skits."
@official_janecyril: "Some people forgot that actors are human being too. Most of them are not financially bouyant as we thought, they hustle legitimately to get where they are and that's why some of them begs online when they're sick . Let us stop judging this people."
@pappythrill: "Packaging dey make fans feel say e dey plenty. Una never understand entertainment business. Na we Dey hear am pass fans. Make I just shut up."
@bigsmart__: "Education is a good radiance to healthy living. Emphasis on how eloquent she sounds and fluent she speaks."

Read more: https://www.legit.ng/entertainment/nollywood/1565164-heavy-spenders-dont-wear-cheap-cloth-patience-ozokwo-reason-actors-begick-bed/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by Shalommy(f): 5:14pm On Nov 23, 2023
That's why i see them as yeyebrities. Chaii... cheesy cheesy

15 Likes

Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by Truths9ja: 5:55pm On Nov 23, 2023
Shalommy:
hmm 🤔. They have facing challenges too

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by Beverlyjean(f): 6:05pm On Nov 23, 2023
Facts... all these old actors that are sick were once as young as the Nancy isimes and the ike ogbonnas .... when old age comes...what u did as a youth will start to tell...

10 Likes

Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by DDIA: 6:32pm On Nov 23, 2023
Shalommy:
My lizzy princess kiss
Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by nairalanda1(m): 7:06pm On Nov 23, 2023
sad

Without watching the video, it is very easy

1.Nollywood is lucrative, but it is not that lucrative. The truth is, someone like Pete Edochie and Chika Okpalla should be multibillionaires by now with what they have done in the industry over the years, but they aren't...because they can't command the salaries or money that say a American actor of their calibre can command.

2.Still on one, the piracy in the industry further chops earnings. When some random ni++a is copying your latest film and selling it for less than the original, or someone is already streaming or offering torrent online for free...what else can be done. Earnings eaten into.

3.Still on no 1....no effort has been made to market nollywood outside parts of Africa. I mean...Indian films are popular all over the world, even in places where you don't expect. Ditto Hong Kong films. Why not Nollywood? Bad marketing limits our spread...and the money that can be made by actors.

4. Most Nigerians do not take care of their health. People like Mr Ibu, doctor tells them they are diabetic, they put them on drugs...the patient then stops taking their drugs and trust God, or trust herbs. Then when kasalla burst, and the kidney or legs are in a bad state, that is when they will start spending money like water.(Try spending money for dialysis 3 times weekly, you can have 100 billion naira in your account, and half of that would be gone in a year....).

I mean, last year Punch published the story of a 86 year old Nigerian who had been diabetic for over 40 years, and was still in good shape. He listened to his doctors, changed his diet, and took his darn drugs as and at when due. Most Nigerians are strong head when it comes to drugs....especially for diabetes and hypertension, till problem starts.

At least thankfully some people are changing their lifestyle. Most Nigerians are not. How many Nigerians do exercise regularly? I bet you it is less than 10% nationwide..from Sokoto to Port hARCOURT. And when the body goes bust, we go dey spend money.

64 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by Melezenawii: 7:06pm On Nov 23, 2023
BEGGARS

When you live your life to please others, surely you end in penury

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by tunjijones(m): 7:07pm On Nov 23, 2023
We are heavy spenders...

How wld a celebrity like Mr ibu not have health insurance (HMO)?

You can get a good health insurance for as low as 100k a year. Yet they spend more than that buying dstv subscription yearly or buying data yearly.

This applies to everyone reading this my post. If you dey work and get steady income, go and try to get a good health insurance for yourself and family. The thing no too cost as you dey think am.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by xavuv: 7:07pm On Nov 23, 2023
Okay
Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by Pain(m): 7:07pm On Nov 23, 2023
The end result of a fake lifestyle

5 Likes

Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by stano2(m): 7:07pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ok
Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by Prechgold1180(m): 7:08pm On Nov 23, 2023
Celebrity life nur easy

U start to Dey impress everybody

U want to be untop your game

So many things

Meanwhile Incase you are in Benin
And you don’t have funds for Christmas

Would be giving out 100 live chickens

Date December 20 th

My own little way of saying God thank you

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by datola: 7:08pm On Nov 23, 2023
Lovethly:
Hmmm
She said the truth

Nothing but the truth!

The yeyebrities live to impress others.

1 Like

Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by jeff1993: 7:08pm On Nov 23, 2023
Yy
Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by propsvilla2: 7:08pm On Nov 23, 2023
K
Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by rainluv: 7:09pm On Nov 23, 2023
In addition to the giveaways they do on social media
It's not really easy
Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by ImoleNaija: 7:09pm On Nov 23, 2023
Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by Gryffindor: 7:09pm On Nov 23, 2023
What can we say,learning to cut your coat according to your size has to be the goal at the day of the day though

Rainy days are surely gon come

5 Likes

Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by DaTruths: 7:10pm On Nov 23, 2023
Mama-G said it all, she said its fake life, spending more than you worth, just to feel among and impress the world.

That means the Young female Celebrities are into clitocurrency.

No wonder they don't beg like their male counterparts.

5 Likes

Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by Wealthoptulent(m): 7:10pm On Nov 23, 2023
Truths9ja:
Nigeria Lengendary Actress Patience Ozokwor explains why nollywood actors beg for money online when they are sick.

“Why Nollywood actors beg for money online when they are sick”- Actress Patience Ozokwo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq7dh3qOJVA?si=x-T1htacPv6ibipA
Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by Cutehector(m): 7:10pm On Nov 23, 2023
True
Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by shielaAhmed: 7:11pm On Nov 23, 2023
Where is the lie? You will never see a politician go broke because the get paid well, below is a full breakdown of salary received by all political holders in Nigeria, including Tinubu and the wife.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Paul Praise Suffers Kidney Failure (photos) / Why Bolanle Ninalowo And Wife, Bunmi Reconciled After 12 Years / Regina Askia And Rudolph Williams In Loved-up Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.