Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,144 members, 7,835,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor (44189 Views)

Patience Ozokwor Moved To Tears As Mercy Johnson Presents Generous Gifts to her / Odunlade Adekola, Patience Ozokwor, Juliet Ibrahim And Basketmouth At An Event / Patience Ozokwor, Grandchildren, Son-In-Law, Daughter, Chioma Nnenna Lameya: Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by Benwallt(m): 7:11pm On Nov 23, 2023
Mama chukodi has spoken. She should talk to her people though. They are the ones faking it from head to toe

1 Like

Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by DARLINGTON869(m): 7:12pm On Nov 23, 2023
Aside that, most of them live very lavish lifestyles above their means. Trying to meet up to societal expectation is a self curse.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by Angelfrost(m): 7:13pm On Nov 23, 2023
Mama, there is really no excuse tbh.

Your colleagues are largely careless about their health and futures. They hardly make plans for tomorrow.

Some don't even know how to fully and properly capitalize on their fame. A lot of them are wasteful and ostentatious, thinking they will always be in the spotlight.

They live prodigiously with predictably pathetic ends.

I will say it again and again... If the movie industry is not profitable to anyone, despite the glam and pageantry, they should change careers for the sake of their financial and mental health... Not seeking aid and living pitiably in the twilight of their lives.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by Mhurfhy(m): 7:13pm On Nov 23, 2023
Silly excuse
Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by slowice(m): 7:15pm On Nov 23, 2023
Well, everybody faces challenges.... They can't be any difference, heck they are not billionaires

2 Likes

Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by cumzle: 7:15pm On Nov 23, 2023
So deep. Pray for Good health
Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by Papayaayasager(m): 7:19pm On Nov 23, 2023
Hmm!
Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by officialfestus(m): 7:21pm On Nov 23, 2023
Deep.
Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by Adakintroy: 7:23pm On Nov 23, 2023
Simply put many lived yeye life's.

Fame enter their head no savings. person like IBU forget say una like am.. That one go like flexing and leg no go commot for joints. Go don drink him next generation share till kidney go say I give up.

Person like that na go live by the motto of everyday suppose to be jolly jolly. Na when wahahala come them eyez de clear.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by Josay3775: 7:27pm On Nov 23, 2023
see below

Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by Chicagograduate(m): 7:28pm On Nov 23, 2023
They don't give.They will tell you they work hard for their money.

1 Like

Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by miqos02(m): 7:31pm On Nov 23, 2023
They should take advantage of insurance policies. They should also maintain low lifestyles

1 Like

Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by InvertedHammer: 7:33pm On Nov 23, 2023
/
Isn't it sad that in the poverty capital of the world, people live just to impress others.

The way our people spend money on things they can barely afford is shocking.

Imagine some folks borrowing money to throw a wedding cool

/

5 Likes

Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by Lovemeharder(f): 7:36pm On Nov 23, 2023
I love this woman.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:38pm On Nov 23, 2023
Low life expectancy
Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by ednut1(m): 7:43pm On Nov 23, 2023
Use your fame and connections to acquire a second passport where you will get access to quality healthcare.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by Manolo3107: 7:48pm On Nov 23, 2023
Truths9ja:
Hmm 🤔 very deep

Patience Ozokwor Shares Reason Actors Come Online To Seek Financial Help

Veteran actress, Patience Ozokwor has explained reasons why some of her colleague seek financial aide on social media.

Recall that some actors have come online to beg for financial help from the public due to their failing health conditions.

The recent actor who made headlines after coming out to beg for financial help was John Okafor also known as Mr. Ibu.

Speaking about the reason why actors come out to beg for help, Patience Ozokwo says that most of these actors spend their life savings on sickness when they start having the hope that they will be better.

However, when the resources get exhausted, they come out to beg for help.

She added that a lot of people have the perception that actors are rich and always want to receive from them hence making it hard for actors.

She finally added that actors live expensive lifestyles called ''packaging'' and hence, spend most of their money on clothes so as to not repeat clothes again making them financially down.

https://www.tori.ng/news/254466/patience-ozokwor-shares-reason-actors-come-online.html
Who else notice she only said Actors?

1 Like

Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by gadgethead: 7:48pm On Nov 23, 2023
Female actors too spend above their means. The only difference is, there is a 'money miss road' guy or even guys spraying her with dollars to maintain that lifestyle

1 Like

Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by Castro007(m): 7:51pm On Nov 23, 2023
Why are they always sick? Is there an oath they signed
Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by wink2015(m): 7:52pm On Nov 23, 2023
There should be a contributory health insurance schemes that the actors and actresses can enlist.

These health insurance can assist during difficult times
Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by sylve11: 7:58pm On Nov 23, 2023
DDIA:

My lizzy princess kiss

Na you make her remove that profile picture? shocked cool
Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by sylve11: 8:01pm On Nov 23, 2023
nairalanda1:
sad

Without watching the video, it is very easy

1.Nollywood is lucrative, but it is not that lucrative. The truth is, someone like Pete Edochie and Chika Okpalla should be multibillionaires by now with what they have done in the industry over the years, but they aren't...because they can't command the salaries or money that say a American actor of their calibre can command.

2.Still on one, the piracy in the industry further chops earnings. When some random ni++a is copying your latest film and selling it for less than the original, or someone is already streaming or offering torrent online for free...what else can be done. Earnings eaten into.

3.Still on no 1....no effort has been made to market nollywood outside parts of Africa. I mean...Indian films are popular all over the world, even in places where you don't expect. Ditto Hong Kong films. Why not Nollywood? Bad marketing limits our spread...and the money that can be made by actors.

4. Most Nigerians do not take care of their health. People like Mr Ibu, doctor tells them they are diabetic, they put them on drugs...the patient then stops taking their drugs and trust God, or trust herbs. Then when kasalla burst, and the kidney or legs are in a bad state, that is when they will start spending money like water.(Try spending money for dialysis 3 times weekly, you can have 100 billion naira in your account, and half of that would be gone in a year....).

I mean, last year Punch published the story of a 86 year old Nigerian who had been diabetic for over 40 years, and was still in good shape. He listened to his doctors, changed his diet, and took his darn drugs as and at when due. Most Nigerians are strong head when it comes to drugs....especially for diabetes and hypertension, till problem starts.

At least thankfully some people are changing their lifestyle. Most Nigerians are not. How many Nigerians do exercise regularly? I bet you it is less than 10% nationwide..from Sokoto to Port hARCOURT. And when the body goes bust, we go dey spend money.

On point. cool
Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by 4KNGOATS(m): 8:02pm On Nov 23, 2023
LIVE A REALISTIC LIFE STYLE STOP FAKING YOUR STYLE AND STANDARD OF LIVING MAKE YOUR WORTH PUBLIC FOR PEOPLE TO SEE SO THAT IS BECOMES EASY FOR THEM TO ASIST YOU IN YOUR MOMENTS OF NEED WITHOUT MUCH FUSS-WHEN THE NEED ARISES

Patience Ozokwor Shares Reason Actors Come Online To Seek Financial Help
Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by FireUpNow(m): 8:04pm On Nov 23, 2023
Expensive lifestyle is costly. I don't truly like people who live exp naive lifestyle to be honest.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by Mozegee: 8:21pm On Nov 23, 2023
Are you not ashame of begging all the time. This is getting irritating.
Lovethly:
please guys, please don't just scroll pass, please I've tried to get little help here to no avail, please I beg you in the name of Almighty GOD pls, If any good samaritan can please help me, no matter how little so we can buy foodstuff and cook, I will be very happy. my daughter and I we are starving. Please help us the last time we ate a good food was from our neighbor on  sunday. Since then we have surviving on drinking garri since on Monday and the garri we use to have hope has finished. the little money I have I used it to pay for house rent so that we can at least have roof over our head. am pleading for help please, not for my sake but for my daughter please am a single mother. No matter how little it will go a long way to help us. Almighty God bless you

Acct num with faith
G.TBank
My name is Angela Oyom. Almighty God bless you and your family

1 Like

Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by linearity: 8:22pm On Nov 23, 2023
tunjijones:
We are heavy spenders...

How wld a celebrity like Mr ibu not have health insurance (HMO)?

You can get a good health insurance for as low as 100k a year. Yet they spend more than that buying dstv subscription yearly or buying data yearly.

This applies to everyone reading this my post. If you dey work and get steady income, go and try to get a good health insurance for yourself and family. The thing no too cost as you dey think am.

Where is that Health insurance my who will under write and pay your medical bills when you fall sick.
Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by michlins(m): 8:23pm On Nov 23, 2023
InvertedHammer:
/
Isn't it sad that in the poverty capital of the world, people live just to impress others.

The way our people spend money on things they can barely afford is shocking.

Imagine some folks borrowing money to throw a wedding cool

/

in this country,a fake dollar bouquet is 40,000. Like you will use real money to buy fake money so you can impress or intimidate strangers who are also very poor

3 Likes

Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by Mayeldah(m): 8:29pm On Nov 23, 2023
The more reason they should invest in other ventures while active in the industry, spend less, invest more.

Also they should avoid peer pressure, you can dress well for all shows without breaking the bank

Thirdly they should have an active health insurance policy always
Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by wonderiyke(m): 8:31pm On Nov 23, 2023
nairalanda1:
sad

Without watching the video, it is very easy

1.Nollywood is lucrative, but it is not that lucrative. The truth is, someone like Pete Edochie and Chika Okpalla should be multibillionaires by now with what they have done in the industry over the years, but they aren't...because they can't command the salaries or money that say a American actor of their calibre can command.

2.Still on one, the piracy in the industry further chops earnings. When some random ni++a is copying your latest film and selling it for less than the original, or someone is already streaming or offering torrent online for free...what else can be done. Earnings eaten into.

3.Still on no 1....no effort has been made to market nollywood outside parts of Africa. I mean...Indian films are popular all over the world, even in places where you don't expect. Ditto Hong Kong films. Why not Nollywood? Bad marketing limits our spread...and the money that can be made by actors.

4. Most Nigerians do not take care of their health. People like Mr Ibu, doctor tells them they are diabetic, they put them on drugs...the patient then stops taking their drugs and trust God, or trust herbs. Then when kasalla burst, and the kidney or legs are in a bad state, that is when they will start spending money like water.(Try spending money for dialysis 3 times weekly, you can have 100 billion naira in your account, and half of that would be gone in a year....).

I mean, last year Punch published the story of a 86 year old Nigerian who had been diabetic for over 40 years, and was still in good shape. He listened to his doctors, changed his diet, and took his darn drugs as and at when due. Most Nigerians are strong head when it comes to drugs....especially for diabetes and hypertension, till problem starts.

At least thankfully some people are changing their lifestyle. Most Nigerians are not. How many Nigerians do exercise regularly? I bet you it is less than 10% nationwide..from Sokoto to Port hARCOURT. And when the body goes bust, we go dey spend money.

You made so much sense bro. Bless you.

1 Like

Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by Shalommy(f): 8:43pm On Nov 23, 2023
Beverlyjean:
Facts
What's up? wink
Re: Why Nollywood Actors Beg For Money Online When They Are Sick - Patience Ozokwor by DJInfluence: 8:50pm On Nov 23, 2023
So it's our fault they live above their means?
The fact is, most not all but most beg for money because they failed to plan.
They know they don't receive pension or health benefit so instead of saving for raining day and/or investing, they are trying to please people they don't even know.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pic Of The Day- What Will You Do If You Are His Dad? / Wande Coal Looks Fatter In New Photos; Fans Call Him Father Xmas / Regina Askia And Rudolph Williams In Loved-up Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.