Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,701 members, 7,813,307 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

Where Next? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Where Next? (514 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Next? by SeaTrade(m): 10:37pm On Nov 23, 2023
So I saw a post on Instagram,brought it here for analyses from rational minds,
A guy in Nigeria owns a business worth N400m in liquifiable assets,business has capacity to make 60-80m a year on average ,but business being business nothing is guaranteed.
Also he can't enjoy his life because he keeps building the business and for fear of the unknown especially due to past trauma and experiences.
He feels he's maxed out as no fresh ideas again around him to push him to the next level as smart minds in Nigeria aren't easy to come by,and life has become monotonous and boring for the guy.
Then his date is pushing for japa ,promising a better future for them in the new land judging from other people's experiences and how "good" their life is and also from people abroad saying life is so good working there bla bla bla...
Also some of the guy's classmates are also doing quite good there too seemingly as one friend there in corporate West just copped a brand new Mercedes and is financing a mortgage in a good neighbourhood, single guy,no joint spousal income whatsoever,
Kind of tempting for the guy as he's bored and tired of this country as monotony has set in and no next big thing.
What would you do if you were in the guy's shoes?
The guy has no experience in corporate world ,neither is he qualified to fit in western corporate spaces.
Would you leave what you've built and its potential because you're bored with the life and chart a new,risky course or would you stay and hope you break out of stagnation in Nigeria?
The guy's trade has achieved some level of autonomy by the way but prolonged absence of founder can stunt the growth plans of the company as with every business.
What will you do if it were you,
Just curious as I found the Instagram post interesting.
Re: Where Next? by chidekings(m): 10:50am On Nov 24, 2023
the guy is you......it is always a hard decision to make.many times its not really about the money,but the peace of mind that comes with it.

2 Likes

Re: Where Next? by Stevenbright(m): 11:36am On Nov 24, 2023
It is a normal phase of life. How he handles it determines his future success!

As for the monotonous issues, this is a fallacy and a sign of lack of motivation for what he is doing. It is mostly fueled by fulfilment plus the Oliver twist syndrome but in most cases, doesn't ends well because it is usually devoid of logic but a mere emotional tantrum.

Imagine Elon Musk deciding he needs to explore again and giving up all he has built in pursuit of uncertainty!!

It is a natural thing that have to be put in check and managed properly. You build the business until you can retire early while the business still remains one of your steady cash cows and then go on to focus on other things like Jack Ma of Alibaba did recently. He is now into what he mostly wanted to do and have passion for, Education!
Re: Where Next? by Nice2023(m): 12:11pm On Nov 24, 2023
Life is always monotonous but the income isn't.

Life abroad is tougher than in Nigeria.

With that amount of money pls,don't go.

I am talking from experience. U can tour the country of ur choice if indeed u have that kind of money but going to start life afresh is no no for me.

Forget it...do not join the bandwagon.

2 Likes

Re: Where Next? by PedoBear: 3:55pm On Nov 24, 2023
Join HK or become a love-vendor

Use money from there japa enter eastern asian continue work this time channel to wire fraud and corporate pimping for tech niggers
Re: Where Next? by Gerrard59(m): 7:24am On Nov 28, 2023
SeaTrade:
A guy in Nigeria owns a business worth N400m in liquifiable assets,business has capacity to make 60-80m a year on average ,but business being business nothing is guaranteed.
Also he can't enjoy his life because he keeps building the business and for fear of the unknown especially due to past trauma and experiences.

Seatrade aka logobenz, we meet again. Remember me from this thread where you intended to purchase a passport from one of those countries offering CBI programs to wealthy investors?

Gerrard59:
Mr SeaTrade who accused me of posting rubbish on the Travel Section also wants to japa (it's no friend of yours, I'm too old on Nairaland to fall for such deceptive yarns).

Well, as a proud poster of rubbish posts on the Travel Section, I'm telling you for free that N50M (worse still if the money in the bank is naira or in a domiciliary account. Emefiele would have a thing or two to say in few months from now) is grossly inadequate for both countries. Apply to Caribbean countries, preferably Grenada. The benefits with Grenada is: she is the only Caribbean nation which has a pathway to attaining American citizenship via the E-2 visa. However, from this link: https://www.eb5investors.com/magazine/article/a-legal-analysis-of-grenada-and-the-e-2-visa it shows that you don't have the minimum POF for obtaining Grenadian citizenship. My advice: try other Caribbean countries, maybe St Nevis and Kitts like HushPuppi.

He feels he's maxed out as no fresh ideas again around him to push him to the next level as smart minds in Nigeria aren't easy to come by, and life has become monotonous and boring for the guy.

There are smart minds in Nigeria. It is either you don't have enough money to hire them as employees, or you don't know how to go about it. To enable such, check PwC and KPMG human resource divisions. They can hire on your behalf after you pay for their services. If dem too cost, go to WorkForce or Dragnet. If your money plenty, meet McKinsey & Co., or EgonZehnder or one of the numerous affiliates in South Africa where such firms are plentiful.

What I described is exactly what Otedola did with his firms. He is the chairman but is never involved in day-to-day activities. He hired the best and left them to run his companies while he solicits deals.

Then his date is pushing for japa ,promising a better future for them in the new land judging from other people's experiences and how "good" their life is and also from people abroad saying life is so good working there bla bla bla...Kind of tempting for the guy as he's bored and tired of this country as monotony has set in and no next big thing.

Your issue and hers aren't the good life in the abroad, but accessing the abroad. She probably wants to work in the abroad and see what it has to offer, while also being a resident. To do so, one needs to have a work visa based on the person's skills or be a dependent of a citizen, which none of you qualify.

What you need is a second passport which allows you access to the abroad as a business man or for leisure. You see why you need to hire the best brains to run your company? At this stage, like you said, ideas don finish inside your head. Hire people who are smarter than you are to run the business for you. They will generate ideas for your business while you flex around the world. In the meantime judging from our previous encounter, you don't have the financial resources to purchase a citizenship. So, I recommend you hire good hands to generate ideas and run your businesses for you. While this is done, you allocate at least 10% of earnings or profits into an investment scheme so you can afford this CBI scheme: https://www.henleyglobal.com/residence-investment/canada

I don't recommend Caribbean countries' schemes as they are easily susceptible to being removed for visa access to developed countries. No matter how e bad, Canada cannot lose visa-free access to her peers. Also, remember it is generational. The government can stop other immigration schemes but not this one. Don't apply to European nations; their policies change frequently. Stick to the Americas. I read somewhere that the US has blacklisted Nigerians from applying for her version of CBI. I am not too sure. Contact Henley. They are in Lagos and Abuja.

Also some of the guy's classmates are also doing quite good there too seemingly as one friend there in corporate West just copped a brand new Mercedes and is financing a mortgage in a good neighbourhood, single guy,no joint spousal income whatsoever,

I remember when you used to criticise folks in the abroad as they were either paying too much tax, wasting their time or doing menial jobs. It is refreshing to see a change of tone and probably realising why they left. Your classmate is most likely a citizen; can always return to Nigeria if he wants; can move to the Caribbean if racism wan finish am for there; his property generates steady value, and he lives in a safe place where things work as they should.

Shey you don see why some of us relocated? Your classmate has what you are looking for, which is OPTIONS. He can afford to do whatever he wants as he desires. Nothing will stop him.

The guy has no experience in corporate world ,neither is he qualified to fit in western corporate spaces.
Would you leave what you've built and its potential because you're bored with the life and chart a new,risky course or would you stay and hope you break out of stagnation in Nigeria?
The guy's trade has achieved some level of autonomy by the way but prolonged absence of founder can stunt the growth plans of the company as with every business.

Hire the best brains, as I have mentioned. Enrol in any good program at Lagos Business School or, preferably, this program by Stanford University: https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/seed/programs/transformation
Affiong Williams, wife of Tayo Oviosu, graduated from the program. See the extent she is going with ReelFruits: https://www.howwemadeitinafrica.com/feeding-the-nigerian-diaspora-in-america-a-prime-agribusiness-opportunity/166609/

P.S. Affiong once said she saw no point in relocating. However, she did not mention her husband, Tayo, is a dual American citizen who studied at the University of Southern California and Stanford University. This means she is at least a permanent resident of the US. No Nigerian elite has only the Nigerian passport.

Seatrade, do as they do, not as they say.

4 Likes

Re: Where Next? by lastkingsman: 12:02pm On Nov 28, 2023
Gerrard59:

Seatrade aka logobenz, we meet again. Remember me from this thread where you intended to purchase a passport from one of those countries offering CBI programs to wealthy investors?

There are smart minds in Nigeria. It is either you don't have enough money to hire them as employees, or you don't know how to go about it. To enable such, check PwC and KPMG human resource divisions. They can hire on your behalf after you pay for their services. If dem too cost, go to WorkForce or Dragnet. If your money plenty, meet McKinsey & Co., or EgonZehnder or one of the numerous affiliates in South Africa where such firms are plentiful.

What I described is exactly what Otedola did with his firms. He is the chairman but is never involved in day-to-day activities. He hired the best and left them to run his companies while he solicits deals.

Your issue and hers aren't the good life in the abroad, but accessing the abroad. She probably wants to work in the abroad and see what it has to offer, while also being a resident. To do so, one needs to have a work visa based on the person's skills or be a dependent of a citizen, which none of you qualify.

What you need is a second passport which allows you access to the abroad as a business man or for leisure. You see why you need to hire the best brains to run your company? At this stage, like you said, ideas don finish inside your head. Hire people who are smarter than you are to run the business for you. They will generate ideas for your business while you flex around the world. In the meantime judging from our previous encounter, you don't have the financial resources to purchase a citizenship. So, I recommend you hire good hands to generate ideas and run your businesses for you. While this is done, you allocate at least 10% of earnings or profits into an investment scheme so you can afford this CBI scheme: https://www.henleyglobal.com/residence-investment/canada

I don't recommend Caribbean countries' schemes as they are easily susceptible to being removed for visa access to developed countries. No matter how e bad, Canada cannot lose visa-free access to her peers. Also, remember it is generational. The government can stop other immigration schemes but not this one. Don't apply to European nations; their policies change frequently. Stick to the Americas. I read somewhere that the US has blacklisted Nigerians from applying for her version of CBI. I am not too sure. Contact Henley. They are in Lagos and Abuja.

I remember when you used to criticise folks in the abroad as they were either paying too much tax, wasting their time or doing menial jobs. It is refreshing to see a change of tone and probably realising why they left. Your classmate is most likely a citizen; can always return to Nigeria if he wants; can move to the Caribbean if racism wan finish am for there; his property generates steady value, and he lives in a safe place where things work as they should.

Shey you don see why some of us relocated? Your classmate has what you are looking for, which is OPTIONS. He can afford to do whatever he wants as he desires. Nothing will stop him.

Hire the best brains, as I have mentioned. Enrol in any good program at Lagos Business School or, preferably, this program by Stanford University: https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/seed/programs/transformation
Affiong Williams, wife of Tayo Oviosu, graduated from the program. See the extent she is going with ReelFruits: https://www.howwemadeitinafrica.com/feeding-the-nigerian-diaspora-in-america-a-prime-agribusiness-opportunity/166609/

P.S. Affiong once said she saw no point in relocating. However, she did not mention her husband, Tayo, is a dual American citizen who studied at the University of Southern California and Stanford University. This means she is at least a permanent resident of the US. No Nigerian elite has only the Nigerian passport.

grin grin
Re: Where Next? by id4sho(m): 9:04am On Dec 13, 2023
SeaTrade:
He feels he's maxed out as no fresh ideas again around him to push him to the next level as smart minds in Nigeria aren't easy to come by,and life has become monotonous and boring for the guy.
Then his date is pushing for japa ,promising a better future for them in the new land judging from other people's experiences and how "good" their life is and also from people abroad saying life is so good working there bla bla bla...
Kind of tempting for the guy as he's bored and tired of this country as monotony has set in and no next big thing.
Seatrade, talk true na. It's you, right from when you joined NL, you've been a baller and doing well. Much respect bro
Re: Where Next? by AngelicBeing: 1:12pm On Dec 26, 2023
Gerrard59:

Well said, this is heavy dagger you launched at the Op but it is the absolute truth grin

1 Like

Re: Where Next? by XAUBulls: 3:44pm On Dec 26, 2023
Gerrard59:

Nicely put.
Re: Where Next? by XAUBulls: 4:05pm On Dec 26, 2023
SeaTrade:

This is a very interesting case study.
The description of the specific business model would have been okay to have here so as to get a bird's eye view of the business' longer-term sustainability, (even though as of now, the trade has achieved some level of autonomy).

There are product cycles and business cycles so it is important to factor all these when trying to make firm business projections into the medium-term or long-term.

I've read a lot of business and management books over the last forty years and I would recommend to you to grab and read the fantastic classic, "Think and Grow Rich" By Napoleon Hill and you'll get more unique insights into the IG post you copied on this thread. I first read the book in 1995 and the life and business principles in there are universal.

(1) (Reply)

Kindly Advice : Go Back To School To Study Medicine At 38 / No More Hangovers As Scientists Develop Drunk Drug / My Husband Planned Using Me For Money Ritual – Cleric’s Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.