Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,434 members, 7,826,682 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada (82109 Views)

Why Some Nigerians Hate Living In Canada / Nigerians Living At Home Look Better Than Those Raised Abroad / The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by Zeebuy: 11:11am On Nov 24, 2023
optionalY09:
Go home or get help from Nigeria community in canada. Black people need to fix their character and start loving each other. Those who have accommodation should assist the people that do not have.

Love yourselves before you start asking others to love you - Use your brain

If you see the way Asians help themselves, you'll know Nigerians hate themselves

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by drmikeadams(m): 11:12am On Nov 24, 2023
grin grin the cold will kill anybody wey support bad leadership then Japa to canada grin that cold will kill you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by BreakingNews21: 11:12am On Nov 24, 2023
It's similar in nearby Alaska. Homeless people (oyinbos) living outdoors in below freezing temperatures.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/anchorage-homeless-deaths-winter-storm-1.7026157

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by harjay1986: 11:12am On Nov 24, 2023
optionalY09:
Go home or get help from Nigeria community in canada. Black people need to fix their character and start loving each other. Those who have accommodation should assist the people that do not have.

Good point but some Nigerian are just not good to be help, some years back when christ embassy pastor say make those people wey get motor the assist who no get when ever service end, before you know it Naa armed robber you jam so

1 Like

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by b0rn2fuck(m): 11:13am On Nov 24, 2023
PedoBear:
Werey even see shelter

What about us way day sleep for them corners??

If una wan knack each other for here. Na to dey watch around like thieves first
Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by Backpedal: 11:14am On Nov 24, 2023
N3TRAL:
Stay and fix your fvcking country.

Ironic coming from u

Cos you support those who are wrecking it in the first place

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by Indispensable85(m): 11:14am On Nov 24, 2023
Spending millions to go and stay in IDP camp? People should do their research before travelling. They'll soon ban una
Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by ysth(m): 11:15am On Nov 24, 2023
N3TRAL:
How? I always ask how. When our main means of fixing starts from elections. Elections from local government to federal most times don't reflect the wish of the people how then do you expect then to stay and fix the fucking country?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by kelvindj98: 11:16am On Nov 24, 2023
optionalY09:

Why should they assist a stranger because they share the same skin colour with the person?

1 Like

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by soccerlite: 11:18am On Nov 24, 2023
mu2sa2:
"We know what happened can happen because it did happen." The video isn't fake. Those guys are having a real bad time in Canada. Many Africans have been misled into thinking that the streets of Canada and other Western countries are paved with gold. It's only when they get there that they're faced with the stark realities of life as depicted in the video. I understand your patriotism, but fact is the video is real and those Africans are in real mess. May God save them from the cold temperatures they have never experienced before, not even in their weirdest imaginations.

You that's not there is countering someone that's there

Nawa O

This your witchcraft is horrible

2 Likes

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by INTEGRITYA1(m): 11:18am On Nov 24, 2023
ednut1:
i dont have money biko. Those that have money here are mostly interested in buying houses here. Na older abroadians dey buy for Nigeria.

Smiles, we can still talk anyway.
Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by grandstar(m): 11:19am On Nov 24, 2023
PewpewS32:

Okay, I am a Canadian. I can't speak for this "shelter" if you even want to call it that. I think for sure this particular situation is very isolated. I've never seen a shelter like this anywhere and in fact haven't heard about this death either. Mississauga is literally 3 hours from me. I am sure there has to be some underlying issue going on here that isn't being told.

Anyone coming under the Asylum laws here do not live in tents. They are given government funded apartments and housing... not in tents. Also, when coming into Canada under this law if there are no government housing available the Government pays for hotel rooms. This is exactly what happened with those who came from Ukraine and now from West Bank/Gaza.

Per the cold... this isn't cold. It's cold to you, not cold to us Canadians. Wait for the real cold -25C plus wind chill which makes it feel like -40C. THAT'S cold. Single digits above zero is not cold. I'd really like to find out the whole story why people are in tents... that's not normal.

I just checked news here... so there's a massive move of people to Canada... Shelters are beyond capacity by 300%. Government is in process to bring a solution to this problem.

Here is the news video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7TRK_MBxhs

Pew - Windsor, ON, Canada.

There are two types of people:

1. Those want to believe news that's too good to be true

2. And those who grab with both hands very bad news.

Great clarification.

2 Likes

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by Bigchristo: 11:19am On Nov 24, 2023
PedoBear:
Werey even see shelter

Ah Wetin be this na? As a Nigerian don’t allow yourself to be homeless in another man’s land, hustle for the money and get a place
Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by 43Ronin: 11:20am On Nov 24, 2023
PewpewS32:

Nobody will be living outside in a tent when temperatures dip below zero. Let's get that straight right now. If you think Canada is going to leave people in those temperatures in a tent, you are gravely mistaken. After reading the news here on the story (as I'd not heard about it until seeing it here), there has been a massive number of people seeking Asylum all at once. A large number from African countries (Nigeria being the biggest number). Temperatures here currently have not gone below zero yet. The moment we do I can guarantee there won't be anyone in a tent. If Canada let's that happen I'll be the FIRST to admit that the government here (in Canada) is not doing what they are supposed to, but I assure you, this really shouldn't happen.

Pew - Windsor, ON, Canada
pls stop saying what you don't know. nigerians are not the biggest asylum seekers in Canada, dafuq Ugandans are, followed by Somalia, Ethiopians then nigerians. Recently there has no been no space in asylum shelters in Toronto. its so bad that refugees had to literally sleep outside during the summer. A Nigerian guy told how he identified with his "brothers" during mohbad candlelight and that's how they moved him from the shelter to a basement in one of his "brothers" house. you are even living in wondsor lounloun how can you know whats popping in GTA

2 Likes

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by ufotunang: 11:20am On Nov 24, 2023
If you want to Japa to abroad you have to be well prepared financially and otherwise... have the right documents... make sure you have gotten a job there before you travel... follow and obey the rules, procedures and laws of the country concerning immigration... migrating to the country.. don't just travel anyhow and when you get there you expect them to have pity on you and give you the best life you were seeking for over there...if you do the right when traveling abroad you will not go through difficulties like this people are facing in Canada

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by Rebuker(m): 11:22am On Nov 24, 2023
Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by soccerlite: 11:22am On Nov 24, 2023
PewpewS32:

Context here would be great to look at what is happening.

Idgaf about patriotism. I know I live in a privileged country, I didn't get to choose where I was born, just like you. I'm very thankful to be in this country, but kid you not, I've lived in other countries and been to many poverty riddled countries. I'm helping friends in Ng to immigrate for work, but this issue is Asylum seekers, not going through the immigration avenues. Different altogether.

Have to look at the facts here... there is an absurd number of people seeking Asylum in Canada and they were just not ready for the numbers. Government is moving to solve it as quickly as possible. Already busses have come to move people to other shelters where there is more room. Naturally most Asylum seekers are looking at Toronto and surrounding as yes, it's pushed as the place with so much opportunity... and this is true for most. The Canadian job market is begging for skilled workers... we're extremely short... so come with the right skill sets, yes, you will find a good job at a good rate of pay, but come and look for a job at a coffee shop... well... different story.

Pew - Windsor, ON, Canada

Why are you disturbing yourself explaining to evil minded negative people

People who happy with sad occurrence on others

You have time O

3 Likes

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by ufotunang: 11:22am On Nov 24, 2023
That is why we have to fix our country nigeria...if this country the economy is good and better and developed there will had been no need for many nigerians to Japa to abroad and go and face difficulties over there

1 Like

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by ruffDiamond: 11:24am On Nov 24, 2023
Millions are homeless inside the shitthole (Nigeria) and millions more are facing potentially becoming homeless soon! undecided .. better to homeless abroad and have some real paying and rewarding Hussle than being homeless in your so called OWN shiTty country undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by yankison(m): 11:25am On Nov 24, 2023
tsdarkside:

shattapu....!!

shattap....
we are seeing videos of people sufferin and you are still talkin about misleading view....

shey you well soo....??

Na you make you shatap ..House is not free in Canada so people that can't afford it resort to staying in tent ..They travelled without having any plan for accommodation thinking they are in Africa u can just do things without planning ... Just shut the Bleep UP

4 Likes

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by engrelvis(m): 11:25am On Nov 24, 2023
Wte author=PewpewS32 post=127134826]

Trying to troll me? hahah! It's fine... you don't know me... you have no idea.

Seems you just want to argue. I'm offering Canadian perspective on the issue but you want to throw me under the bus and then back over me again and again. That's fine. Go ahead. Don't take a Canadian's perspective on it, be close minded. Your choice.

I know enough about Ng that I know the struggle to survive day to day is real... I know the tyranny you live under where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. It's not fair, it's not right. I don't care where you go or what you do, but the state of Ng is dire. If you can better your situation in whatever way you find, go for it. If that means going to Fiji or Australia or UAE or USA or Canada, do what makes your situation better. Don't be the definition of insanity... don't keep doing the same thing over and over and expect different results, it'll never happen.

Lagos seems to be the only city the Ng government cares about right now... biggest investment hotbed in the whole continent, but they do nothing about crime, kidnapping, cultists, Moro in the north, infrastructure for 24/7 power, more readily available water, internet that doesn't cut out every 10 minutes... MTN sucks btw. If the government cared about the people (and they don't) they would be making these vital systems better for everyone, not just the top 3%. I'm an outsider and I see these things... I can't imagine the frustration felt by Nigerians.

Sorry it's that way... it really isn't right or fair.

Pew[/quote]What exactly is yr point?
Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by Lukuluku69(m): 11:25am On Nov 24, 2023
tsdarkside:

300% overload soon solved....and you believe him....

winter is comin oo....dont underestimate cold....go ask napoleon and hitler....

Especially Hitler cheesy
Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by Nwaotu10(m): 11:26am On Nov 24, 2023
All these Yoruba people self.

Always calling on federal government. grin

Can't they hit the street and hustle
Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by NJV: 11:27am On Nov 24, 2023
I choose not to pity such people. Why not stay in your country for God's sake? And if you must travel, why not go through proper channels that won't expose you to these kind of life threatening situations? Why travel not even knowing how you're going to survive out there?
Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by Eriokanmi: 11:31am On Nov 24, 2023
PedoBear:
Werey even see shelter

Ninu biting cold, haba! Nigerians have become refugees all over the world, no thanks to government bad policies. Today, 1,000 cefa is exchanged for 550 naira, what we used to exchange same 1,000 and get 10,000 cefa for, a few years ago. Are we the only one having economic challenges in the world?

We should never allow anyone who is so desperate to govern Nigeria to near aso vila again. They already had their heinously orchestrated plans....People like buhari and tinubu.

These guys must have sold all their land, houses, resigned from their jobs,spent millions to get there. They can't think of coming back...nothing to fall back on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by Goodoldays(m): 11:31am On Nov 24, 2023
N3TRAL:

Same way you are fixing it now

1 Like

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by CoronaVirusPro: 11:32am On Nov 24, 2023
Indispensable85:
Spending millions to go and stay in IDP camp? People should do their research before travelling. They'll soon ban una

They don’t research and find it difficult to face reality.

When people tell them the harsh truth, they take them as enemies

People have sold houses and everything, only to come change diapers in the west.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by OvertheTop(m): 11:32am On Nov 24, 2023
PedoBear:
Werey even see shelter

WHAT!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by Rating(m): 11:33am On Nov 24, 2023
Life throws different things at us on a daily basis but our response is what will determine our results.

It was just yesterday I saw the story of a guy that from being a cleaner in Canada, he became the CEO of 2 companies, all within 5 years. Read his story here.

Missisauga is one of the most expensive cities in Canada. Why are they doing this to themselves?
Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by PoliteActivist: 11:33am On Nov 24, 2023
tsdarkside:
wetin be pew sef....??

PewpewS32 Pew - Windsor, ON, Canada.
Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by drerocker: 11:35am On Nov 24, 2023
optionalY09:

South Africans are the most stupid set of African n the world no love 4 other African Nations
Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by Olam09(m): 11:35am On Nov 24, 2023
optionalY09:

Read the news well and digest it. Their asylum seeking is still on pending.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Immigration Recruitment Forms Here! / Countries Your Nigerian Passport Can Get You Into Visa-free / Inside Putin's N180b Presidential Plane That Includes Gold-plated Toilet & A Gym

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.