Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,065 members, 7,810,973 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG (18457 Views)

Por Harcourt Refinery Rushes To Meet December Deadline, Serious Work Going On / Port Harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations December — Tinubu / Akwa Ibom Drainage Project To Be Completed December, Says Emmanuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by Bobloco: 8:09pm On Aug 25, 2023
The Federal Government yesterday disclosed that the rehabilitation works on the Port Harcourt Refinery will be completed in December 2023.

The rehabilitation of the refinery was awarded to Maire Tecnimont SpA in April, 2021 at the cost of $1.5 billion. The first phase of the project was initially scheduled for completion next month.

But speaking after an inspection visit to the refinery, the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources (Oil), Senator Heineken Lokpobiri said the refinery will be back on stream in December.

A statement by the NNPC Limited in Abuja said the Minister reiterated the Federal Government commitment to end petroleum product importation soon, as efforts are being redoubled to restore the nation’s local refining capacity.

He said: “Our objective in coming here today is to ensure that in the next few years, Nigeria stops fuel importation. From what we have seen here today, Port Harcourt Refinery will come on board by the end of the year, Warri will come on stream by the end of the first quarter of next year, and Kaduna will also come on board towards the end of next year. If you add that to the Dangote Refinery, we will be able to stop fuel importation, and Nigerians will enjoy the full benefits of deregulation”.

Sen. Lokpobiri who expressed satisfaction with the ongoing rehabilitation work at the refinery, noted that once all the refineries are back on stream, Nigerians will enjoy a better supply of petroleum products, and foreign exchange will be domesticated, leading to an improved economy.

The Minister was accompanied on the inspection visit by the Minister of State for Petroleum (Gas), Hon. Ekperikpe Ekpo; Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources, Ambassador Gabriel T. Aduda, and the Group CEO, NNPC Ltd., Mr. Mele Kyari.

In his remarks, Hon. Ekpo said: “We are here to go into the field. Yesterday was the era of subsidies. Today, we don’t have subsidies. Today, people are in a desperate situation to heave a sigh of relief; and see how to live. You all know that petrol is very vital to our economy. All hands must be on deck to ensure that the refineries are working”

Earlier, Mr. Kyari informed the ministers that bringing back the refineries to their optimal levels is a national aspiration, and the Company remains focused on delivering that.

According to him, “We are aware of our nation’s challenges in terms of fuel supply. But we are not here to give excuses. We are focused on delivering this rehabilitation project, our two other refineries, and all other investments towards revamping the nation’s refining capacity. We are hopeful that in 2024, this country will be a net exporter of petroleum products”.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/08/port-harcourt-refinery-to-be-completed-december-says-fg/amp/

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by attat(m): 8:19pm On Aug 25, 2023
Thank God December no far.
Fg and false hope na twins

121 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by RenaissanceGuy: 8:28pm On Aug 25, 2023
We never stick to project timeline completion date in this Nigeria. Something they initially promised would be completed by March this year, as at 16 months ago: https://www.thecable.ng/sylva-port-harcourt-refinery-to-refine-60000-bpsd-by-q1-2023/amp

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by TemplarLandry: 8:30pm On Aug 25, 2023
cool

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by Racoon(m): 8:30pm On Aug 25, 2023
So after spending #150M on its TAM last year. Another scam! Same people that promised one-year one-refinery in 2014 yet all was a monumental scam. They can only continue to deceive their zombies.

64 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by Ofunaofu: 8:31pm On Aug 25, 2023
attat:
Thank God December no far.
Fg and false hope na twins

No be so dem tell us say Dangote refinery will commence operation in July, August don dey finish we never even see a drop of fuel coming out from Dangote refinery

95 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by Okoroawusa: 8:37pm On Aug 25, 2023
Ofunaofu:

No be so dem tell us say Dangote refinery will commence operation in July, August don dey finish we never even see a drop of fuel coming out of Dangote refinery
Na FG get Dangote Refinery?

102 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by EmeeNaka: 8:49pm On Aug 25, 2023
FG to,
FG will,
Everything to this, to that.
There is no single place where you will see:
Fg has,
FG completed, etc.
This is exactly how Buhari did it for 8 years and couldn't complete any Federal highway and looted more than £10 billion.

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by Solofresh2: 8:51pm On Aug 25, 2023
Let's see how it goes
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by Ofunaofu: 8:52pm On Aug 25, 2023
Okoroawusa:

Na FG get Dangote Refinery?

65 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by greenermodels: 9:07pm On Aug 25, 2023
Nigerians don't care if the fuel is imported or locally refined rather all we care about is affordability. Make una hold una local refinery scam to yourselves.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by Betanaija42moro: 9:07pm On Aug 25, 2023
Story

Dangote refinery comes to mind

6 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by kokoA(m): 9:15pm On Aug 25, 2023
I thought those refineries belong to NNPC and NNPC is now a "private" company, which one is FG's own?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by attat(m): 10:57pm On Aug 25, 2023
Ofunaofu:

No be so dem tell us say Dangote refinery will commence operation in July, August don dey finish we never even see a drop of fuel coming out of Dangote refinery

Ur head get oil.
Na so dey dey do ooo

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by nairalanda1(m): 6:43am On Aug 26, 2023
It doesn't mean fuel would be cheap

Because there is no subsidy anymore, the NNPC would have to search for money for repairs and maintenance of the refineries. And at the end of the day, all that costs money, and all that would be added to the cost paid by end consumers.

The potential good news is that the refineries would work this time. No subsidy, no free money. Anyone doing sabotage is affecting NNPC's ability to make profits, and by extension, their salaries. Also, it would be cheaper to buy in Nigeria...than it would be importing from abroad with scarce forex.

But fuel would, as the experts say, cost just N70 less than the current price. It won't suddenly drop to N200 or below

P.S

Anyone quoting me to abuse me and call me names would be reported to the moderators immediately. You can disagree with me, but calling me names and being rude would get you reported.

If you want subsidy back, don't abuse those of us who support subsidy removal...call your senator.

(And anyway, something that I have backed for eleven years, even when Tinubu was supporting subsides...I was opposed. And I remain opposed to subsides).

You can disagree without being abusive. Thank you.

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by meum: 6:43am On Aug 26, 2023
Lol
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by patrislayqueen: 6:43am On Aug 26, 2023
Na so! Expectations, promises full for ground so tey dey fit tell us say 1 Dollar go be N50 by December.

Una go explain tire, still no evidence!! 😂

Meanwhile, GAS CARBURETOR CONVERTER is still much available...15k only for today Pay on delivery.
For delivery info, I'm very active...please chat up.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by SiliconBB: 6:43am On Aug 26, 2023
What I need is a sweet Mama for online fun. I'm very romantic, handsome and have good sense of humour. let's be friend.
Whatsapp.

0 812 091 80 40 ( I'm Bright )
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by Aremwayne: 6:44am On Aug 26, 2023
I rather believe that Santa Claus is real than believe this APC government. At the end of the day nothing would be done.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by accordadoga25(f): 6:44am On Aug 26, 2023
Hehehe..

Another bad news for the pigs.

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by b0rn2fuck(m): 6:45am On Aug 26, 2023
Na wah, yeye government, these are the tins they should put in place first before removing their subsidy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by Zxcvbnmghtr: 6:46am On Aug 26, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
Something they initially promised would be completed by March this year, as at two years ago.

If you are into project management you will understand better.

7 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by nony43(m): 6:46am On Aug 26, 2023
APC’s FG are not sincere at all
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by DanielsParker(m): 6:47am On Aug 26, 2023
accordadoga25:
Hehehe..

Another bad news for the pigs.

Another paid miscreant. You and I know that nothing will be completed by December. Keep deceiving yourself. Body go tell you soon

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by nony43(m): 6:47am On Aug 26, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

I am into project management. Please make it make sense to me.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by wittywriter: 6:47am On Aug 26, 2023
Lolz
Why must they announce without starting?
Zxcvbnmghtr:

patrislayqueen:
Na so! Una go explain tire!! .
No evidence!

SmartyPants:

This project was started in 2021.
Imagine.

Wittyness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by Mindlog: 6:47am On Aug 26, 2023
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by GanagiBitrus: 6:47am On Aug 26, 2023
To do...
I will...
I shall...
Intend to...
Plan to...
I'm not impressed by such statements. Let them do it first for us to see.

&APC had 8yrs to put things in place before FS removal, but preferred to subject Nigerians to severe hardship.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by nkemoma(m): 6:47am On Aug 26, 2023
And the lies continues
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by inoki247: 6:47am On Aug 26, 2023
Lol to be....

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery To Be Completed December, Says FG by ATEAMS: 6:48am On Aug 26, 2023
Eventually

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

‘Too Many Lies’ – Amaechi Slams Ex-npa Boss, Hadiza Usman, Makes Fresh Claims / Court Affirms Jonathan’s Eligibility For 2015 Election / Governors’ Forum Congratulates Buhari, Thanks Jonathan For Concession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.