Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,881 members, 7,828,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos (58148 Views)

My Family Is Now Homeless - Man Whose '#300m' House Was Demolished Speaks / My Family Has Been Scammed / Man Whose Watch, Cloths And House Are All Green, White, Green (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Flame333: 6:42pm On Nov 24, 2023
Boyooosa:
Too bad

What kind of country is this for crying out loud, the government don't have human feelings (I'm home, come and carry me)

If at all, the property owners might have done the wrong thing, two wrongs don't make a right.

At the end of the day, they fit still use 10 years or more before they make use of that land piece....why? Why are we treating ourselves like this? There should always be a way of sorting this if it is compelling to demolish the structures abeg.

But one other thing, if this has political undertone, I won't personally forgive sanwoolu as much as I like him

Lagos just realised there are land grabbers in Festac.. If not for the systemic hatred against Igbos after the election.. Remember after the election, Lagos state house of assembly said they would pass law that will help them reclaim what belong to the true people of Lagos.. See the way buildings are going with governmental power without sanctioning or retiring the process that approve the structures in the first place... Just a sad for Igbos..
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by delpee(f): 6:42pm On Nov 24, 2023
NAC1666:

Who told you the proper channels and procedures were not followed?
Land they bought from government and got approved

That's FHA land. If they have the relevant documents and approvals, they can sue for damages and compensation.

Painful loss truly but most people build without proper documentation whilst hoping to regularise in due course. Some people got away with that in Ajao Estate near the airport but places prone to flooding or those obstructing the right of way are rarely pardoned.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by LydayBobo(m): 6:43pm On Nov 24, 2023
Nwaotu10:

So, all of a sudden, the Lagos state Govt just remembered the lands they marked for Govt plans few month after election. Lands that has been developed for many years

Dey play grin
I bought a large land no far from The polytechnic ibadan for hostels. Similar to the in Asaba. One of my friends wife advised me to set aside funds for court cases cos in her word: Government acquisition will always be Government acquisition. I just sell and run

1 Like

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by VEHINTOLAR: 6:44pm On Nov 24, 2023
sangresan:

Approach the Lagos House Assembly or the National Assembly.

Even though I support Government's attempt at reclaiming land, but those house owners should be properly compensated as bonafide Nigerians.

Lol,bonafide Nigerians indeed, it's more like bonafide criminals ! You acquired government property illegally and you still want same govt to compensate you when you're caught,where is that done anywhere in the world ?! I blame the government which refused to prosecute those criminals and jail them as a deterrent to any would be criminal in the future !

1 Like

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by bigiyaro(m): 6:44pm On Nov 24, 2023
This is like buying a #500million car and failing to put a 100k tracker on it. If am building a 100million home, all my paperwork must be intact, talkless of a 300million house.

3 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Calitoscassius(m): 6:44pm On Nov 24, 2023
You people should stop buiding house in another man's states,clearly they don't want you in their state.. the government you are calling and begging are same one that do not want you in their state.

I would rather boil and eat my dick than buy land or buld house in Lagos, Lagos is an overhyped shithole.

300 million naira, the money you will use to by house in USA and live a good life

1 Like

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by freemanq(m): 6:45pm On Nov 24, 2023
Wickedness in high places
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by page9(m): 6:46pm On Nov 24, 2023
PHIPEX:
Who sold the land? These people did not just wake up and build a house, they bought the supposed land from someone.

How about the criminals that sold the lands?

Why does the govt wait for people to finish their building before demolishing them?

Many did not pay attention to the details.

The land in question is not under lagos state jurisdiction. The issue is with Federal Housing Authority.

Nigerians are special breed of people. They will do improper or illegal act, claim ignorant and still expect human face or compensation.
From the comments of some of the landlords, they have been told to vacate the land but like typical nigerians, they believe they can negotiate their ways through anything.

Who sold the land? I bet it may have been allocated illegally by some govt officials. It is the norm in Nigeria but as we say "Caveat Emptor" in business law. "Let the buyer, beware!"

Ignorance is no excuse in law

5 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by orikoku: 6:47pm On Nov 24, 2023
How can a reasonable person invested so much in such a house without government survey and building plans and c/o. That's foolishness.

2 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Abagworo(m): 6:48pm On Nov 24, 2023
I have zero pity for Igbos building residential properties in Lagos except you're a multimillionaire and see it as something you can lose anytime.

1 Like

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Daystar7: 6:49pm On Nov 24, 2023
DDIA:
grin

Illegal development of Lagos grin

There's nothing funny abt this and no need to display ur dirty tribalism... This is real life. I doubt you've ever made #100k of ur own and loose it. Be human and stop behaving like an animal
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Gajagojo: 6:50pm On Nov 24, 2023
akingangan:
It's just an unfortunate situation. The government should not have let the construction get to that stage before doing something about it.
The tenants and landlords should get compensation regardless.
Only a thief would say where the owner kept his thing is not good
Is it only Lagos state that demolition happens what about Abuja,Anambra,Kano? No demolition in those places?
In this story we read Federal Housing Authority. FHA?
How is that Lagos State Government?
Government does not have the time or resources to monitor illegal construction on its land. When it is ready you will hear from them

2 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by adolfHitler1934: 6:51pm On Nov 24, 2023
YeyeGbami:
Very sad and painful. put yourself in these people shoes.

Lasg will pretend to be blind until people invest their sweat in these projects,, they will now come later to pull it down. Na pure wickedness nothing more!

Why not stop or prevent them from working on the lands at all 🙁🙁

They do. They paste all sort of notice, also mark the project with "Stop Work" sign, but trust Nigerians, we will always find a short cut by bribing the officials. We are too stubborn as a people and that is why nothing works.
The blackman lacks the mental capacity to govern himself. He is too crude and backward.
Go to the express Highway where there is a overhead crossing bridge, instead of using that structure he prefer to run across the road.
We are very primitive and only recolonization by the Caucasians will remedy our situation by half.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by onuman: 6:54pm On Nov 24, 2023
DDIA:

SOURCE: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/my-family-now-homeless-man-whose-n300m-mansion-was-pulled-down-in-lagos-speaks

Madness raging in Lagos because Tinubu is president and wants vendetta against Igbos. These demolitions in a country rendered the official poverty capital of the world by a political alliance formed by Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Muhammadu Buhari.

Who knows tomorrow?
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by RichAbujaGuy: 6:54pm On Nov 24, 2023
300 million? They say easy come easy go.
Good to read there were negotiations going on before the state government took action.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Karlifate: 6:56pm On Nov 24, 2023
tamdun:
300 million? Dey play

Land fit reach like 200M Naira.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Boyooosa(m): 6:57pm On Nov 24, 2023
Flame333:

Lagos just realised there are land grabbers in Festac.. If not for the systemic hatred against Igbos after the election.. Remember after the election, Lagos state house of assembly said they would pass law that will help them reclaim what belong to the true people of Lagos.. See the way buildings are going with governmental power without sanctioning or retiring the process that approve the structures in the first place... Just a sad for Igbos..

Well, I don't dwell into tribal issues, neither the motive of my comment, I just believe, as a concerned citizen government and government should be for all and in interest of all, regardless of race or tribe....it may have affected Yorubas too and I've not read it anywhere that a set of Yoruba people were schemed out of the exercise.

That mentioned, my concern is, the government needs to find a competent and fair way of doing this, such that innocent people will not share from the misfortune of some terrible people in the system
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by casualobserver: 6:58pm On Nov 24, 2023
jaxxy:

who duty is it to giving building permits and C of o? Those the person manufacture those for himself?

That is why I said fair hearing, investigation and compensation.

Nobody builds illegally like that.

Yes they do. Building a house is not only about having building plan. There are a series of permits/ steps you need to build a house. One of them if your land in near a canal drainage or water front is an environmental/ drainage permit from the minustry of environment. None of these houses have them because he ministryvof environment will never give you a permit to build on a drainage channel go and verify.

The commissioner said it boldly show your drainage permits….till date I have not seen any bulldozed homeowner that has shown a drainage permit.
He said it boldly on TV as far as his ministry is concerned you don’t have a permit. If you say you have building plan or c of o, go and meet the people that gave you cof o of building plan.

As far as he is concerned drainage/ canals are his territory. His ministry is the only one authorized to give permits to build around drainage channels. If somebody gave you building permit to build on drainage channel , go and meet the person that gave you. But you cannot get a building permit on a drainage setback without permits from the ministry of environment.

See 12 and 15 below.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Basic123: 6:58pm On Nov 24, 2023
Jcomtrader:
Sorry bro
Even as a SS person all my investments remain in the SS. The rest go abroad

Like i always say i would rather eat pizza with my money that invest it a territory that hates me.
Your 300m will get good property anywhere jn the world and fetch you dollar rent if you dont know what to do with jt

The new lagos speaker joined with BAT at the center have mever hidden their disdain for foreigners

LAGOS WILL NEVER WELCOME WHO HATES HER OWNER TOO.

Lagos doesn't even feel you

1 Like

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Chidex50(m): 7:00pm On Nov 24, 2023
Pure wickedness! When we have house deficit and Government is pulling houses down up and down. Why did you allow them to build on the first place?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by SweetDipBenny(m): 7:00pm On Nov 24, 2023
yinkus6750:
Why build without proper documents and follow due process?
If you were on the right path, you could have sied the government.
You very funny.. Are you a Nigerian smiley
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Badonasty(m): 7:01pm On Nov 24, 2023
Lol…emotional blackmail at its peaks

1 Like

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by onuman: 7:01pm On Nov 24, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Even in your homeland, if you do not do proper verification, you can still fall in same shoes.

The point you should be emphasizing about is, doing due diligent investigations before venturing into real estate investment.
LASG gave builders the CofO. Many years after the building was completed, another boss of LASG declare the CofO illegal in order to demolish the houses and reacquire the land for sale to another developer.

SERIAL FRAUD. THE FRAUD NOW GOING ON IN THESE LAGOS DEMOLITIONS OCCUR BECAUSE A BOLA TINUBU IS IN CHARGE OF NIGERIA.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by maasoap(m): 7:02pm On Nov 24, 2023
Boyooosa:
Too bad

What kind of country is this for crying out loud, the government don't have human feelings (I'm home, come and carry me)

If at all, the property owners might have done the wrong thing, two wrongs don't make a right.

At the end of the day, they fit still use 10 years or more before they make use of that land piece....why? Why are we treating ourselves like this? There should always be a way of sorting this if it is compelling to demolish the structures abeg.

But one other thing, if this has political undertone, I won't personally forgive sanwoolu as much as I like him

Two wrongs? Where did you see two wrongs? That's righting the wrongs.
BTW: someone with 300 million naira house can afford temporary accommodation pending the time he will have another permanent abode

2 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by RepoMan007: 7:02pm On Nov 24, 2023
He should consider other whose families could become homeless because flood was triggered by unimplemented urban planning.
As for his N300m tag of his rubble, I reserve my comment.

3 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Daystar7: 7:03pm On Nov 24, 2023
Calitoscassius:
You people should stop buiding house in another man's states,clearly they don't want you in their state.. the government you are calling and begging are same one that do not want you in their state.

I would rather boil and eat my dick than buy land or buld house in Lagos, Lagos is an overhyped shithole.

300 million naira, the money you will use to by house in USA and live a good life

Behave yourself. I'm an Igbo man and I don't agree with you. One should have a home where he does business. Lagos is overcrowded not because it's special but because of the ports hence good for business. Owning a house is much better than living in a rented apartment. You don't live in Lagos, neither do you do business here. Owning real estate here is also more lucrative than home cos people 'll keep moving to Lagos. If you really care ask the federal government to give one Seaport each to Rivers and Anambra and watch Lagos become decongested within 6 months. Stop with the tribal hate, Yoruba's too should stop it. Lagos is enjoying an unfair advantage over others and was once a capital and British settlement so y'all can't be glorifying it like y'all did something special. Which other state in the SW can boast of Lagos economy. None. Y'all should quit tribalism. Lagos is congested and overcrowded for no reason but greed of the government. Give seaport to other regions too. Lagos is dirty because of this

2 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by lekonso: 7:06pm On Nov 24, 2023
Go back to your village in the south east. Do you people allow any other tribe different from igbos to own land in the south east?

1 Like

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by maasoap(m): 7:07pm On Nov 24, 2023
Wealthoptulent:

I am so sad about this, but if it's true that some Ethnic are targeted due to last election; u people went too far boasting LAGOS is no Man's Land , knowing u bought land with no proper DOCUMENTS... lesson for the Others.

Nonsense. Adebayo and Chinedu built houses side by side on the wrong plots in Lagos, Chinedu house would be pulled down and that of Adebayo would be left standing? Does that make sense? If you believed that your house is pulled down because you're Igbo, show us evidence that the house of different ethnic person standing beside yours is left untouched

2 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Lovelyn451(f): 7:08pm On Nov 24, 2023
BOSSkesh:
It’s not tribalism
Theses houses do not have proper documentation
And built with substandard materials
Also the buildings aren’t properly planned and it’s built illegally
However the case, compensation is paid to ease the suffering
be deceiving yourself, how many yoruba building have been demolished
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by DDIA: 7:09pm On Nov 24, 2023
Daystar7:

There's nothing funny abt this and no need to display ur dirty tribalism... This is real life. I doubt you've ever made #100k of ur own and loose it. Be human and stop behaving like an animal
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by DDIA: 7:11pm On Nov 24, 2023
Bigchristo:
Igbo should start moving their business back home, you know exactly where you are not welcome, stop forcing yourselves in Lagos you can transform Onitsha main market to a major business hub and solicit for a functional sea port around Delta and Anambra , boycott Lagos nor be only there life dey
River port with regards to Anambra you mean? cheesy
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by jaxxy(m): 7:11pm On Nov 24, 2023
casualobserver:

Yes they do. Building a house is not only about having building plan. There are a series of permits/ steps you need to build a house. One of them if your land in near a canal drainage or water front is an environmental/ drainage permit from the minustry of environment. None of these houses have them because he ministryvof environment will never give you a permit to build on a drainage channel go and verify.

The commissioner said it boldly show your drainage permits….till date I have not seen any bulldozed homeowner that has shown a drainage permit.
He said it boldly on TV as far as his ministry is concerned you don’t have a permit. If you say you have building plan or c of o, go and meet the people that gave you cof o of building plan.

As far as he is concerned drainage/ canals are his territory. His ministry is the only one authorized to give permits to build around drainage channels. If somebody gave you building permit to build on drainage channel , go and meet the person that gave you.

See 12 and 15 below.

so why would u issue c of o to such building? or it was the owner who issued it to himself?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Ghana Landlady Gives Female Nigerian Student Quit Notice Over Noise During Sex / Between These Two Home Interiors, Which One Do You Prefer? / Wow: Check Out A House Built Upside Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.