Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground (40480 Views)

My Visitation To Kogi State University, Anyigba (photos & Video) / Tony Adibeh Has Built A World-class Students Hostel At The COOU Anambra(photos) / Leaked Video Of The 400 Level Student Killed In Koga State University Anyigba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by Numerouno94(m): 8:51pm On Nov 25, 2023
kay29000:

I swear. They don't even get irritated by the poopoo there already. So disgusting.

Exactly sir. It's nauseating to say the least. How can someone walk into that place filled with pile of fresh and dry poopoos and comfortably poo his/her own poopoo? It's a blatant disregard for toilet disease and other infection. The sight of seeing other poos can leave one sick for days.

I tank God for my upbringing. May God continue to bless my parents. I never stayed in the hostel alltru my University days, I rented my self contain apartment. I can't even share a toilet wit another person. Never!!

2 Likes

Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by OVB123: 8:55pm On Nov 25, 2023
Sleekfingers:

That state is a disgrace. No meaningful development. ....including Bayelsa....
I don't know how to describe bayelsa situation. I am shut of words.
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by Guyman01: 9:01pm On Nov 25, 2023
dinachi:

No be Igala land. Nothing works in Igala land except Juju! I have never seen a people so backward in my entire life.
You don't have to quote the whole article, please remove the quote make we see your comment about Igala clearly

1 Like

Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by Charly68: 9:03pm On Nov 25, 2023
Honestly the political class is tuning our institutions to refuse dump little by little... there will soon be public revolt . We can't continue with this kind of malady and expect the common people to be happy. Beautiful structure turned to dump site because of lack of maintenance... It is appalling
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by omoadeleye(m): 9:08pm On Nov 25, 2023
judatech:
Use Graphic next time 😖

Like what were you expecting when it was already stated in the title?

1 Like

Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by hardam003: 9:10pm On Nov 25, 2023
Some might not believe this but I tell you anyone going in there to poop has a filthy character.

1 Like

Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by 3lami: 9:29pm On Nov 25, 2023
Sorry Naija
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by Xxxxtentacion2: 9:51pm On Nov 25, 2023
this is not ocheja hostel... this is dagana hostel. this hostel has been closed down for years... i will create a thread to debunk this news its a pity i didnt see this thread earlier... i am in anyigba by the way.. i will create a thread to post pictures of the ocheja hostel
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by samijet: 10:06pm On Nov 25, 2023
Is this truly Ocheja my former hostel or Dangana.
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by Whatisurproblem(m): 10:10pm On Nov 25, 2023
judatech:
Use Graphic next time 😖
Abi, person fit dey eat at the time of reading this news

1 Like

Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by dahgifted(m): 11:04pm On Nov 25, 2023
notttty:
this was my hostel in 2006. Ocheja that was full of life then. What about Dangana hostel and inipki?
This is Dangana hostel, Ocheja hostel is still functional and maintained.
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by Jeffy1206(m): 2:14am On Nov 26, 2023
This is gross! 🤢🤮🤮🤮
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by kaey10(m): 2:32am On Nov 26, 2023
Don’t you people think. If the school had toilet will the student mess up the building?

Btw Yahaya bello is to be blame cos he didn’t care about the school since he pulled them out of ASUU cos want to have control over the union. He started by sacking all the people that were not complying.
Increased school fees but still nothing to show for it.
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by MatrixCircle: 3:03am On Nov 26, 2023
Is it the whole of kogi state dey shit there ?
How come the shits are these much.

1 Like

Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by HRHQueenPhil(f): 4:12am On Nov 26, 2023
Kogi state celebrity step in and carry your philanthropy here
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by Boldideas: 4:33am On Nov 26, 2023
Editorialtimes:

Source: https://thebureau.com.ng/historic-ocheja-hostel-at-kogi-state-university-anyigba-now-a-toilet-ground-pictures/

The situation of the school is how the life of the governor is in reality.
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by Olichoke: 5:01am On Nov 26, 2023
This is unfortunate. I stayed in this hostel in my 200 and 300 levels as an undergraduate. It used be the hostel for well behaved students unlike Dangana hostel for school's bad boys. Tribal politics in Nigeria is a Cancer. Gov. Bello is Ebira. This university is situated in the Igala speaking part of the State. Bello has abandoned the Igala parts. He has built two more state universities in other parts of the state just for politics and and abandoned the first State uni.
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by Abdulmumin412(m): 6:07am On Nov 26, 2023
MisterGrace:

The problem is Yahaya Bello. The past administrations did very well to fix these things and got things working well.

But this guy called Bello is a big disaster.
Oga u lie here, infrastructure wise Yahaya Bello did well compare to previous adminstrations, is only Prince Abubakar that come close. Meanwhile this University is in Igala land and you and I know that nothing works in Igala land except numerous shrine surrounding their mud houses.
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by Agugbadin: 6:21am On Nov 26, 2023
Dirty people
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by joyandfaith: 6:33am On Nov 26, 2023
nairalanda1:

1.The reason why schools were clean under the colonial era was because quite simply entry into such schools was tight. As at the 1960's there were probably less than 5000 Nigerians reading university courses in the country. Not the millions we got now. Naturally the facilites were easy to fix

2.Nigerian university facilites and hostels have always been a mess since the 1980's. I can recall as far back as 1989, entering the hostel where my uncle was quartered and wondering in my young age how people survived such a messed up environment. And that was under army rule

3.Speaking of army rule...that is when universites went down the drain well well. First, the army built a lot of unis, meaning funding was stretched beyond what it could carry, then the funding did not go up, plus student numbers went up...partly because of something called 6334 which in essence made student populations shoot up. Result..facilites meant for one student ended up being used for five or six.

Let's not forget that by the 1980's universites had collapsed drastically then. In 1988, a university lecturer was feeding students with mangoes from his tree because they had nothing to eat. And it happened under...army rule.

4. Nigeria was not better under colonial or army rule. Especially under army rule. Anyone who lived in the 1980's when times were tough is not going to come back and tell you that army rule was good. Nuff said

5.No, colonialism was not better for Nigeria. I can even argue, at the risk of defending bad government, that Yahaya Bello built more healthcare facilites for Kogi than any colonial offical did for the same region in colonial times. And YB is a bad governor...yes he is. Infact if you lived in what is now Kogi state, and ye had a condtion that meant you needed a doctor, you had to travel long distances...very long distances...to a proper hospital maybe miles and miles away. Unless missionaries had a hospital nearby.

The good old days were not good. And it was under army rule that students were killed by the dozen in 1978 and espeically in 1986.

More civilians are killed during civilian rule than military rule. The noise was much during military regime because wanted civilian rule.

There were fewer school enrollment during colonial era because there were fewer human resources and infrastructures. Development is a gradual thing but we want it faster and it is being done haphazardly during civilian rule.

Many of big infrastructures in the country were constructed during military and colonial era. UCH, UI, Third Mainland Bridge etc.

There were collapse of public services during military rule due to corruption and trade . embargo. Not enough funds!!!

What made military and colonial rules better was orderliness in society. Nations in Europe, North America etc are developing because of orderliness.

Nigeria is a disordered society and politicians are enablers.
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by mustaphagreens(m): 6:52am On Nov 26, 2023
agulion:
Nigeria will not work, we are only wasting our time, a lot of people don't want the country to move forward including Yoruba Muslims, know this and know peace
i don tire for your matter cheesy grin grin
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by nairalanda1(m): 6:59am On Nov 26, 2023
joyandfaith:

More civilians are killed during civilian rule than military rule. The noise was much during military regime because wanted civilian rule.

Beep, beep...1966-70 happened under...army rule.

Also, the 1980's were pretty bad for civillian deaths, and then we go into the 1990's.

We even had a proto-Boko haram back in the day...

There were fewer school enrollment during colonial era because there were fewer human resources and infrastructures. Development is a gradual thing but we want it faster and it is being done haphazardly during civilian rule.

LOL...so why are you comparing it to civillian rule then?

The whites did not treat us well at all. Most of the time, most people had no access to the kind of services a few white people were enjoying. It's why independence was so attractive.

Plus services are bad in Nigeria because when it is pointed out to you that you cannot pay N400 for ferrari, you cry something about letting the poor breathe.

Nice things cost money. Our tax to gdp is low, our oil revenue is not enough for a nation of 22 million, talkless of 200 million, and you expect miracles.

And no, I am not excusing bad governmant. The government is bad because they have no strategy to make us more money, and because they can't find a way to raise more money from taxes..like sane naitons.

Many of big infrastructures in the country were constructed during military and colonial era. UCH, UI, Third Mainland Bridge etc.

Same thing for civillian era too. Plus the army boys benefitted from seven to eight years of ultra high oil prices.

There were collapse of public services during military rule due to corruption and trade . embargo. Not enough funds!!!

Ah, so you admit things were bad under the army. Okay...

What made military and colonial rules better was orderliness in society. Nations in Europe, North America etc are developing because of orderliness.

I lived under army rule, and I am here to tell you that that is not true. Except under Buhari army...and even that;s debatable.

Nigeria was and is the same, army or civillian

Nigeria is a disordered society and politicians are enablers.
[/quote]

Yes, and the same old corruption, tribalism, religous discontent, etc, happened under army rule

The problem is, maybe we should stop expecting a nanny to feed us, and maybe things might improve

Like now, there are DECENT HOSTELS in Covenant uni and Atiku's university...and even Baze, because they pay the kind of fees that can ADEQUATELY fund good housing for students

Most of our government universites are on starvation level fees, our tax to gdp is too low, our oil revenue is too low, and we have had corrupt leaders from army to civillian. But you guys rightly blame our leaders...and on the other matters you plead poverty.

Well, either we pay more in fees or taxes....or we enjoy bad service, because we pay bad amount of money.

1 Like

Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by jay7(m): 8:26am On Nov 26, 2023
Editorialtimes:

Source: https://thebureau.com.ng/historic-ocheja-hostel-at-kogi-state-university-anyigba-now-a-toilet-ground-pictures/

Thanks for sharing this, I have spoken to people in the school and I was made to realize it was Dangana hostel and not Ocheja hostel has stated in the post. Please kindly edit to make it Dangana hostel. Thanks
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by Onuoha1234(m): 9:10am On Nov 26, 2023
All hostels should be built by NGOs and occupier will pay fees
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by Onuoha1234(m): 9:23am On Nov 26, 2023
Hostels will ;;be separ@ted from all all uini:ve=cities,NGO should be empowered to build them.
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by Entimz: 10:43am On Nov 26, 2023
In my five years in Kogi state university Ocheja hostel was my home even when I move off campus. The problem started when the present VC gave order for the students to vercate the hostel for renovations it's upto 4 years now and nothing is being done. But why will a well thinking student poo in a hostel even if it's abandoned. All The he governor of the state is to increase school fees up and down.
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by femi4: 11:55am On Nov 26, 2023
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by Poleski: 12:11pm On Nov 26, 2023
Corruption has eaten through the fabric of this nation. Corruption is a mental disease. Abandonment of responsibilities is a by-product of corruption. Nigerians find it extremely difficult to maintain anything good. They only maintain corruption.
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by Lacash: 1:21pm On Nov 26, 2023
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by jojothaiv(m): 1:46pm On Nov 26, 2023
Kogi State.

One of the most diversified state in the country, bounded by 10 states from most if not all of the six geo-political zones yet dry and wet at the same time as the Kalahari. I've passed through the state before and there's nothing to write home about it.
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by Anoze4real2022(m): 3:41pm On Nov 26, 2023
MisterGrace:

The problem is Yahaya Bello. The past administrations did very well to fix these things and got things working well.

But this guy called Bello is a big disaster.
t.
Goat is better than you
Did Yahaya Bello gave order to uncles to turn the site to toilet.

Hypocrisy kill you there
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by Origin(f): 8:56am On Nov 27, 2023
Hold the entire university board responsible....

Public funds will build the hostel with lots and lots of private donation....

University authorities will seek payment for accomodations from students and yet will not maintain the hostel....

Hold them accountable

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG / Delta State University Post Ume Screening Date / US After School Satan Club Up For Vote At Elementary School (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.