Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,825 members, 7,824,440 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground (40509 Views)

My Visitation To Kogi State University, Anyigba (photos & Video) / Tony Adibeh Has Built A World-class Students Hostel At The COOU Anambra(photos) / Leaked Video Of The 400 Level Student Killed In Koga State University Anyigba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by lexy2014: 7:09pm On Nov 25, 2023
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by kay29000(m): 7:11pm On Nov 25, 2023
Sirianese:

Did you see how they shit all over the building like animals grin

Later they graduate and become politicians and they are somehow expected not to loot, kill and commit electoral malpractice...it all starts from the cradle

It's crazy... I can see like hundred heaps of sh*t in that picture... To think that some people still were comfortable enough to enter that place to sh*t after it had been decorated with like 10-20 heaps of sh*t shows how animalistic some Nigerians can be. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by Zxcvbnmghtr: 7:11pm On Nov 25, 2023
Sirianese:

Did you see how they shit all over the building like animals grin

Later they graduate and become politicians and they are somehow expected not to loot, kill and commit electoral malpractice...it all starts from the cradle

It Almighty God who made me. I have experienced not once but twice in which oyinbo, white man sh!t everywhere in their rented apartment. One was in the U.K. The other was in Nigeria. Both was intentional and deliberate. Am not making this up. It's the truth.
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by Falseprofet2: 7:11pm On Nov 25, 2023
OVB123:
I don't know why i dislike anything kogi. The state is something else.
Give me your state
Let me show you pictures of under development
Think!
You are ignorant if you have illusions any state in Nigeria is world class

1 Like

Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by kay29000(m): 7:16pm On Nov 25, 2023
FiveBlue:
I stayed in this particular hostel from my 100 to 300 level. It is sad to see it’s current state.

How many years ago was that?
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by Sucre7: 7:17pm On Nov 25, 2023
I can even perceive the stench through my phone. People are dirty abeg

1 Like

Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by soccerlite: 7:18pm On Nov 25, 2023
MisterGrace:

The problem is Yahaya Bello. The past administrations did very well to fix these things and got things working well.

But this guy called Bello is a big disaster.

Youth must rule

Do forget he vie for president too
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by kay29000(m): 7:18pm On Nov 25, 2023
pretydiva:
We lack maintenance culture. That building is an eyesore🤮

Not me eating okra soup and seeing these graphics pics🤮🤮. Justice to my eyes😭😭

Lol grin

1 Like

Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by Larrydeko2987: 7:20pm On Nov 25, 2023
MisterGrace:

The problem is Yahaya Bello. The past administrations did very well to fix these things and got things working well.

Is it Yahaya Bello that turn the hostel to toilet or should call the dumb students out for their stupidity

2 Likes

Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by kay29000(m): 7:21pm On Nov 25, 2023
Brush1:
Nigerians students are the most dirty on earths. They are pigs and this particular to the ladies. I am trained abroad. You needed to see what they do to the toilet and kitchens. The white cleaners where always complaining, and the white students, would get back the moment a Nigerian was in the kitchen and I walk back too.

They will let their liquid milk spill over on the cooker and walk away without a care in the world, they wouldn’t find the decency to try and tidy with a kitchen tissue. They will spill meals all over the burner and not do a thing about it.

They will throw leftover meals on the flow when they should have been careful while getting rid of this meal in the bin. Doing dishes is worse and irritating because they will practically wash out their leftover meals in the sink rather than emptying first in the bin. They will spill water all over the floor and step on it.

Guess what? White students applied to the university to build them a separate hostel and their wish was granted . So, all the blacks were left to themselves in that dormitory.

I had to relocate off camp. I was fortunate to have been rented a room in the home of my attorney. I was super happy and had my peace.

Disgusting people.

Lol
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by dbestcno(m): 7:22pm On Nov 25, 2023
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by kay29000(m): 7:22pm On Nov 25, 2023
Numerouno94:
Everybody juxt dey poo his/her own pooo. Very irritating.

I swear. They don't even get irritated by the poopoo there already. So disgusting.

1 Like

Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by cyrusmillz: 7:23pm On Nov 25, 2023
MisterGrace:

Bro is Yahyaha Bello the on shitting in the hostel ? Those students are undergraduates acting like animals ffs

5 Likes

Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by babsthegreat: 7:28pm On Nov 25, 2023
I.just don't know what is wrong with our maintenance culture.kai and yearly capital budget is been budgeted for .
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by Pootle: 7:29pm On Nov 25, 2023
all that shit we no fit catch one person wey shit am chai undecided
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by Memyselfu2009(m): 7:29pm On Nov 25, 2023
That's why school. Even though the responsibility fails on the school management but we the student to dirty
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by Mathain19(m): 7:32pm On Nov 25, 2023
Real definition of vanity.
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by Komu1048(m): 7:43pm On Nov 25, 2023
Farid24224:

Bro limit it to only Kogi people ooo, don't include Hausa's

How many Hausa people dey that sch, they r largely Igala people. I used to watch ball in that hostel, the SUG then made dstv sub available for them. I used to come from dolphin estate to watch ball there.

This is sad n gory, govt might have n input but I must tell u, the student there are to be blame. Earlier is was Dangana hostel that has this terrible lifestyle where student poo n throw it in midst of people bathing beside tap but now it's Ocheja.

I'm so sad, that hostel used to be a clean n better option for students
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by boxypane(m): 7:49pm On Nov 25, 2023
Kogi ppl are naturally dirty.
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:49pm On Nov 25, 2023
kay29000:

It's crazy... I can see like hundred heaps of sh*t in that picture... To think that some people still were comfortable enough to enter that place to sh*t after it had been decorated with like 10-20 heaps of sh*t shows how animalistic some Nigerians can be. cheesy
The students are really creative

Look at how they used shit to plaster the entire surroundings.

1 Like

Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by drololaaof: 7:49pm On Nov 25, 2023
EverythingPhone:
Kudos to the governor, for the neglect
Some useless political sycophants will be praising Yahaya Bello.
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by nairalanda1(m): 7:54pm On Nov 25, 2023
seborrhic:
The reality which we must all face is that maintaining a structure such as a hostel where anything from 500-1000 students are residing is a capital intensive venture:
Water into at least 4 overhead tanks has to be pumped at least 2-3times a day.
The toilets have to be cleaned and regularly replaced because they naturally develop faults with continuous use by such a large number:imagine having to run each flushing system about 50times alone in the morning,maybe another 100 in evenings and nights when students return from the days activities.
Power has to be on to run these things,usually the school relies on diesel powered generators,they also develop fault or breakdown even when serviced regularly.To run a diesel gen for even 12hours a day for a month runs into millions.
Electric connections have to be regularly fixed,environment kept clean,toilets washed,for which you have to employ several cleaners.
Security had to be provided for each hostel aside hostel masters.
So it's either governments pump generous sums for maintenance or schools charge appropriate fees as hostel fees.
Anything less than either of these 2 options will inevitably lead to the state of hostels like that cited in this thread.

See sensible comment. And unfortunately it is the only sensible comment here.
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by descartes400: 8:03pm On Nov 25, 2023
The photographer must have been knitted like an astronaut on the moon with a telescopic camera to capture all that shit. grin

1 Like

Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by nairalanda1(m): 8:05pm On Nov 25, 2023
joyandfaith:
We should be recolonized. Nigeria was not that bad during colonial and military era. Politicians in democratic dispensation have ruined the country.

1.The reason why schools were clean under the colonial era was because quite simply entry into such schools was tight. As at the 1960's there were probably less than 5000 Nigerians reading university courses in the country. Not the millions we got now. Naturally the facilites were easy to fix

2.Nigerian university facilites and hostels have always been a mess since the 1980's. I can recall as far back as 1989, entering the hostel where my uncle was quartered and wondering in my young age how people survived such a messed up environment. And that was under army rule

3.Speaking of army rule...that is when universites went down the drain well well. First, the army built a lot of unis, meaning funding was stretched beyond what it could carry, then the funding did not go up, plus student numbers went up...partly because of something called 6334 which in essence made student populations shoot up. Result..facilites meant for one student ended up being used for five or six.

Let's not forget that by the 1980's universites had collapsed drastically then. In 1988, a university lecturer was feeding students with mangoes from his tree because they had nothing to eat. And it happened under...army rule.

4. Nigeria was not better under colonial or army rule. Especially under army rule. Anyone who lived in the 1980's when times were tough is not going to come back and tell you that army rule was good. Nuff said

5.No, colonialism was not better for Nigeria. I can even argue, at the risk of defending bad government, that Yahaya Bello built more healthcare facilites for Kogi than any colonial offical did for the same region in colonial times. And YB is a bad governor...yes he is. Infact if you lived in what is now Kogi state, and ye had a condtion that meant you needed a doctor, you had to travel long distances...very long distances...to a proper hospital maybe miles and miles away. Unless missionaries had a hospital nearby.

The good old days were not good. And it was under army rule that students were killed by the dozen in 1978 and espeically in 1986.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by InvertedHammer: 8:12pm On Nov 25, 2023
MisterGrace:

/
Yahaya Bello will come and clean the hostels abi?

Is the school any different from other public universities in Nigeria?

/

2 Likes

Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by EmekaBlue(m): 8:15pm On Nov 25, 2023
With their black black nyanshes
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by Sleekfingers: 8:17pm On Nov 25, 2023
OVB123:
I don't know why i dislike anything kogi. The state is something else.

That state is a disgrace. No meaningful development. ....including Bayelsa....
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by Father4all: 8:19pm On Nov 25, 2023
A pig will always be pig

1 Like

Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by Samade7: 8:19pm On Nov 25, 2023
judatech:
Use Graphic next time 😖

exactly

1 Like

Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by tuzle(m): 8:20pm On Nov 25, 2023
In most federal schools, maintenance culture is very very poor but that doesn't exempt the students themselves from this issues. I said one thing on other topic. Create a new building and leave it to the public and see what becomes of it after a year. It will be bastardized and what u will see will be far worse than graphic images even with the availability of water and other things. That doesn't exempt the management of such places, but if adults can't maintain where they use, who then do they want to do it for them.
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by PAQ(m): 8:34pm On Nov 25, 2023
Nigerians are filthy. Yet we want a Govt to miraculously transform this country to Dubai. With all the animal and human faeces everywhere
Re: Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground by Hananfine: 8:50pm On Nov 25, 2023
MisterGrace:

I challenge you to list the achievement of igala governor from audu to wada for 18years here one by one.

You will come online to vomit lies just because some lunatic here will press like.

List them here.

I will list what bello has done with prove

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Parent's Reply To A Teacher's Comment On Child's School Report Card / Nigerians Who Studied Abroad, Do You Have Any Regrets? / Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.