Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

I Am Desperately In Need Of Some Advice. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Desperately In Need Of Some Advice. (1717 Views)

Baby daddy needs some advice! Read till the end / She Cheated on me and now desperately want me back / Desperately In Need Of A New Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Desperately In Need Of Some Advice. by lavylilly: 3:11am On Nov 25, 2023
Good morning ma. I am desperately in need of some advice here. I am doing very fine here in Nigeria, my Telecomms business generates me over N15m profit annually, but I am faced with pressure from my wife who thinks relocating to UK or US will not be a bad idea.

I have been to US before briefly but it never crossed my mind to stay back and live there. What are your advices, will I still be able to maintain my business tempo and have a better life abroad or should I just stay back and develop my business further.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Desperately In Need Of Some Advice. by Danielomisco(m): 3:17am On Nov 25, 2023
[quote author=lavylilly post=127150954][/quote] mshewss

4 Likes

Re: I Am Desperately In Need Of Some Advice. by Goldplucker(m): 3:26am On Nov 25, 2023
Most individuals living in Nigeria aren’t grateful they believe life is better over the states than here in NIGERIA. Life is better in the Abroad. Yeah, Security,24/7 electricity, good provisional service and great networking. Buh I feel these country aren’t for everyone. They are crimes that you overlook in NGN that’s a criminal offense. Please if it doesn’t suit you to move abroad make your wife know and keep yourself in good shape here in the country. Even if you eventually travel, how sure are to secure a job pretty soon over there cos I see many ppl being stranded in the coming years sha

12 Likes

Re: I Am Desperately In Need Of Some Advice. by lavylilly: 3:28am On Nov 25, 2023
Goldplucker:
Most individuals living in Nigeria aren’t grateful they believe life is better over the states than here in NIGERIA. Life is better in the Abroad. Yeah, Security,24/7 electricity, good provisional service and great networking. Buh I feel these country aren’t for everyone. They are crimes that you overlook in NGN that’s a criminal offense. Please if it doesn’t suit you to move abroad make your wife know and keep yourself in good shape here in the country. Even if you eventually travel, how sure are to secure a job pretty soon over there cos I see many ppl being stranded in the coming years sha
This not true, people die of gun violence in California daily.

17 Likes

Re: I Am Desperately In Need Of Some Advice. by libertyfather(m): 3:36am On Nov 25, 2023
u think u need advice cause you are rich ..you already know what best for you....we never chop to give advice on this situation

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Desperately In Need Of Some Advice. by Goldplucker(m): 3:40am On Nov 25, 2023
lavylilly:
This not true, people die of gun violence in California daily.

Do you want to compare it to Nigeria where Boko haram has been terrorizing the country and where kidnappings and rituals has become the ordeal of the day, or where you can’t safely get to Benin from Lagos without the fear of intruders over your bus 🤔🤦🏽‍♂️

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Desperately In Need Of Some Advice. by IyaTola: 3:55am On Nov 25, 2023
Question: If you do relocate, what'll be your status wherever you go? If youre going wherever with a visit visa then just forget it. Do you want to start off there doing ANY job that'll barely take care of you let alone your family just because you want to live abroad? If you have residency status or better, then you will have to decide for yourself after carefully considering all factors. But for someone who earns N15m annually here I expect the challenge to be how to increase your income instead of how to move continents?

Listen! With your kind of income, it shouldnt be difficult to visit many world destinations for the exposure your wife craves so much.

Think of issues such as your kids' future, their school, exposure, do you think Nigeria will be good for them? think about the security of life and property in both countries, economic stability, the limits of growth potentials etc, carefully consider these issues and then take ur decision.

My advise: Every year, decide with your wife where you guys'll visit as tourists (and not necessarily UK/US, there are just too many other options).

7 Likes

Re: I Am Desperately In Need Of Some Advice. by NewLeaf001(m): 4:01am On Nov 25, 2023
Goldplucker:

Do you want to compare it to Nigeria where Boko haram has been terrorizing the country and where kidnappings and rituals has become the ordeal of the day, or where you can’t safely get to Benin from Lagos without the fear of intruders over your bus 🤔🤦🏽‍♂️
You people need to stop this silly mentality, always talking as if the country is on fire. Yeah we know it's bad but definitely not as bad as many of you try to paint it. If it is that bad, trust me you will not be here right now, forget the media exaggeration abeg! There's crime everywhere and people dies everyday.

14 Likes

Re: I Am Desperately In Need Of Some Advice. by Rubyjade: 4:03am On Nov 25, 2023
Think of issues such as your kids' future, their school, exposure, do you honestly think Nigeria will be good for them? Think about the security of life and property in both countries, economic stability, the limits of growth potentials etc, carefully consider these issues and then take your decision.

Look at the future benefits too. whatever decision you u take, stick to it and do all that you can to gain advantage from it. If I were in your position, I will relocate as long as it will be comfortable, I mean I i wont have to strife so much to surive where I am relocating to. Be sure that if you dont relocate, your kids will never forgive you.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Desperately In Need Of Some Advice. by Hamachi(f): 4:23am On Nov 25, 2023
Don't do it, bro!!! Sit your butt in naija and expand your bizness within naija and beyond. Since it's that profitable, you can always afford to come abroad on holidays and even as often as you want sef.

Don't believe the hype. At best, 'abroad' is best suited for up and coming [relatively young] folks who still have a lot of years to spare in 'paying their dues' after they arrive here; starting from scratch, adapting/blending into the system, and then working their way up -- THAT WILL TAKE YEARS!!
You sound like you've 'been there done that' already and attained an enviable measure of success there in naija, so why risk throwing all that away? IMO, don't rock the boat.

Moreso, dont fall for the lie that most of our people are decieved by! if you have your money, naija is the best place to live in this world. its only when you dont have that its tough. Abroad is worse! I know too many talented nigerians that were working in banks and other good place that went abroad and becoz of no job started driving cabs, working in nursing homes! I know even more that have their marriages break up becoz the husband stays here and decides to send the wife and kids, then some lady or man capitalizes on the absence of either partner and they start having affairs. if you have the money it is better to go abroad on holiday and come back. send your children to school there probably at university level which many business men in Nigeria do e.g Otedola, Adelekes, Okoya to name a few (so they dont lose their identity) and invest your money here.

Further more, some Nigerian are doing both, have a business in Nigeria and their family are abroad (Okey Bakassi, Small Dr and to mention a few)

Tell madam to relax and not get too excited about this going 'abroad' bizness. You fit try pacify her with a promise of frequent shopping trips to the U.K and America.

You have been advised!

9 Likes

Re: I Am Desperately In Need Of Some Advice. by GboyegaD(m): 4:27am On Nov 25, 2023
I wonder how people seek advice for things like this online. You are the only one who knows what's best for you. Read up and know what your options are and gently make your decision.

9 Likes

Re: I Am Desperately In Need Of Some Advice. by advanceDNA: 4:28am On Nov 25, 2023
lavylilly:

U want to go and open another branch of your business in US...or u want to start washing toilet ?? Your wife dey push you go express.. your eye go soon clear

17 Likes

Re: I Am Desperately In Need Of Some Advice. by OlawaleBammie: 4:54am On Nov 25, 2023
[quote author=lavylilly post=127150954][/quote]

Let him go na grin grin grin

But wait, I always wonder how people lies that na their wives dey pressurise them to move oversea...

How can my woman pressurise me to move overseas, wetin she put for there wey she no fit see for here as my business is booming??

So u think I would leave a 15m business per year to go and start looking for a support work all in the name of traveling or living abroad?? God forbids...aje.

5 Likes

Re: I Am Desperately In Need Of Some Advice. by Goldplucker(m): 5:03am On Nov 25, 2023
NewLeaf001:

You people need to stop this silly mentality, always talking as if the country is on fire. Yeah we know it's bad but definitely not as bad as many of you try to paint it. If it is that bad, trust me you will not be here right now, forget the media exaggeration abeg! There's crime everywhere and people dies everyday.
you really need to see this

Zenith Bank Staff D!€s After Being Released By K!dnapp€rs Who Collected 11 Million Naira

SorrΩwful news, sad end of a young man.
This is a Zenith Bank staff of Suleja branch that was k!dnapp€d 3 weeks ago from his house in Kubwa.

They asked for 50m r∆nsom, the bank refused to help him because he was k!dnapp€d at home and not on duty, his brother inlaw is a serving senator Agom Jarigbe he only said that he won't do anything until bank bring their own contr!but!on for his release.

He ended up bringing only 3m, his friends and colleagues in the office raised 11.5m in total.

K!dnapp€rs collected the 11m and asked them to go and get the balance, days later k!dnapp€rs called that they should come and pick him.
They went and picked a half dead man, shortly after he got to bwari hospital he asked for water, before they brought him the water, he gave up.
Best marketing staff in Suleja branch.
Such a sad end of Austin Ilom.

© Igbokwe

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Desperately In Need Of Some Advice. by money121(m): 5:23am On Nov 25, 2023
You didn't need any advice if your wife want to relocate let her relocate grin grin

4 Likes

Re: I Am Desperately In Need Of Some Advice. by Meerahbel: 5:29am On Nov 25, 2023
That's about $15,000 per annum, this is what people make monthly in US

My dad's cousin return to 9ja after schooling in the UK in the 60s. Before he passed on he told me them he regret coming back because things became tough for him. This was before buhari oo

He got a little relief because he was able to get pension for the little time he worked while in the UK. They still had his records and paid him his dues several decades later

There needs to be a revolution before Nigeria can work the way we want it to work.

I am yet to meet anyone who has lost betting against Nigeria. I really wish I would meet someone that can prove me wrong.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Desperately In Need Of Some Advice. by superintendents(m): 6:18am On Nov 25, 2023
Your wife dey push you to relocate just for the environment to be saying you guys leave abroad nothing else,

You are doing well in Nigeria..

I repeat you are doing well in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: I Am Desperately In Need Of Some Advice. by muyico(m): 7:05am On Nov 25, 2023
Follows ur heart

2 Likes

Re: I Am Desperately In Need Of Some Advice. by online4business: 7:05am On Nov 25, 2023
What is your wife contribution to relocate?

Na woman go control you to do wetin you no wan do continue.

If you even want to stay abroad Us and UK are countries to avoid.

Better food no dey there at all.

Whatever lift your boats and

4 Likes

Re: I Am Desperately In Need Of Some Advice. by Jewessgratitud3: 7:15am On Nov 25, 2023
If you're doing well in Nigeria, I see no reason why you should relocate, as the only reason we know people relocate is due to lack of opportunities, good jobs and sustainable businesses here. From your profile, you don't seem to be lacking any of these therefore shouldn't be pressured in any way to do away with all youve got here for slavery in another man's land.

Don't mind your wife cos you'll be surprised that her reason for wanting you guys to relocate is just to show off to her friends that she's now an abroad based and nothing more. Not like she has a well mapped out blue print of any great ventures she wants to go and do there to better your lives. Na when una reach there una go start from scratch again begin work hard to cover up expenses used for relocating and to meet up with cost of living abroad.

Why some women like suffering and smiling like this? Just to answer abroad based? Don't listen to her. All na for show. Ask her wetin she wan go do there now, she no go talk pass "we will do 3, 4 jobs and be fine". Meanwhile back home you don't stress as much to make the same millions. Worst is, she may not even join you in the hustle o. Body go tell you sha.

Take a look at successful business men like dangote, Ned Nwoko and the likes doing well in Nigeria, how many of them relocated? Because they know the real life and enjoyment is here. If you can work, enjoy and still save money in this country, you don't know what you have. Don't throw it away to go and work yourself to stupor in a strange land where at the end of the day, you can't live above average.

Tell her point blank! MADAM, I AM NOT RELOCATING. IF AND WHEN I WILL, LET ME BE THE ONE TO DECIDE THAT. you're the man of the house, don't let anyone push you into what you don't want.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Desperately In Need Of Some Advice. by Meerahbel: 8:34am On Nov 25, 2023
online4business:
What is your wife contribution to relocate?

Na woman go control you to do wetin you no wan do continue.

If you even want to stay abroad Us and UK are countries to avoid.

Better food no dey there at all.

Whatever lift your boats and

Why?

1 Like

Re: I Am Desperately In Need Of Some Advice. by ednut1(m): 8:34am On Nov 25, 2023
Oyindamolah:
Dear Op, in a more realistic view, there are two ways to look at going abroad. If you are planning to go to places like Australia or Canada, on a migrant visa, then go for it. These two countries need more people as they are under-populated. They have very good economies and you are sure to get all the govt support you need for you and your family. There are jobs and business opportunities. Although you pay tax, you can easily break through and you children will live a quality life.

This two countries also have very excellent family support program. Imagine in Australia, public health is tax-funded, so you don't pay a cent to visit the hospital, yes as many times as you like. if you have a baby, you are paid $5,000 tax free. There is 50% rebate on child care cost and children's school, and a host of other benefits for working families. The tax you pay is spent on good roads, hospitals, parks, resorts, transport and other amenities that you will then access for nearly free.

However if your plan is for the US or UK, please sit back in Nigeria and continue to enjoy your 15milla per annum tax free.

but whatever you decide, whether to go out or stay, don't close or sell your business.

My 2cents wink
the main issue is does he qualify for migrant visas of both countries The immigration process these days no sure like before again o.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Desperately In Need Of Some Advice. by Meerahbel: 8:37am On Nov 25, 2023
superintendents:
Your wife dey push you to relocate just for the environment to be saying you guys leave abroad nothing else,

You are doing well in Nigeria..

I repeat you are doing well in Nigeria
$15,000 per annum this is not net profit, he said profit.

1 Like

Re: I Am Desperately In Need Of Some Advice. by QuinModah(f): 10:00am On Nov 25, 2023
Danielomisco mshewss
No be by force to comment.

I wonder how people seek advice for things like this online. You are the only one who knows what's best for you. Read up and know what your options are and gently make your decision.
Oga, na advice him seek help if you can

2 Likes

Re: I Am Desperately In Need Of Some Advice. by PedoBear: 10:35am On Nov 25, 2023
Relocate to US and avoid UK

You've a good wife , cherish that

It's not easy seeing a woman giving her hubby japa advice

3 Likes

Re: I Am Desperately In Need Of Some Advice. by online4business: 11:52am On Nov 25, 2023
Meerahbel:
Why?

Bill gate don involve for food production in the us and big time.

American and UK has been in the forefront for plant based alternative which contains soy lecithin.

Healthy foods are super expensive .

Before the end of this year or early next year you go see new research wey go dey tell you say food wey you dey enjoy dey cause dieases.

Rather eat lab grown meats and insects to prevent climate change.

But that's not all.

Big pharma own America black rock and vanguard are scheming for a come back after COVID failure.

Expect iris another variant to spring.

If you're a Nigerian just find any country that does not align with the us.

Us is not a place to train kids if you can't homeschool or homeschool co-op.

the us school system is a horrible communist party.

Where they shame the rich and tell kids they can be any sex they Choose.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Desperately In Need Of Some Advice. by Virgo3: 1:19pm On Nov 25, 2023
[quote author=lavylilly post=127150954][/quote] let her go with d kids while you stay back set a limit of what you will send her oo she go get sense while you expand your business and zina freely bro men dy die quicker than b4 so no dy too stress urself and chop ur money well

3 Likes

Re: I Am Desperately In Need Of Some Advice. by Rubyjade: 1:48pm On Nov 25, 2023
online4business:

Bill gate don involve for food production in the us and big time.

American and UK has been in the forefront for plant based alternative which contains soy lecithin.

Healthy foods are super expensive .

Before the end of this year or early next year you go see new research wey go dey tell you say food wey you dey enjoy dey cause dieases.

Rather eat lab grown meats and insects to prevent climate change.

But that's not all.

Big pharma own America black rock and vanguard are scheming for a come back after COVID failure.

Expect iris another variant to spring.

If you're a Nigerian just find any country that does not align with the us.

Us is not a place to train kids if you can't homeschool or homeschool co-op.

the us school system is a horrible communist party.

Where they shame the rich and tell kids they can be any sex they Choose

Factomondo
They are doing GMOF

1 Like

Re: I Am Desperately In Need Of Some Advice. by frozen70(f): 12:52pm On Nov 26, 2023
[quote author=lavylilly post=127150954][/quote]

You are the one in best position to understand if you are really making money here and doesn't really need to relocate and get stranded there

If your wife is done with child bearing and you have a good hand to assist you with the nurturing of the children

And your wife income doesn't take the family anywhere
Let her be the one to relocate

If she can make it there, move her children to meet her there

Then you run your business here and still visit them on regular basis

While you stay her to establish something

3 Likes

Re: I Am Desperately In Need Of Some Advice. by Hamachi(f): 5:38pm On Nov 26, 2023
shocked
PedoBear:
Relocate to US and avoid UK

You've a good wife , cherish that

It's not easy seeing a woman giving her hubby japa advice

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Talk Some Sense Into My Mother? / Your Life Partner Says / Help !!!! He Doesn't Really Have Time For Romance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.