Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,571 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

My Experience Sleeping In The Bush For Days Now..(pics) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience Sleeping In The Bush For Days Now..(pics) (4948 Views)

Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse / Kaduna-Abuja Train Breaks Down In Bush By 2am, Stranded Passengers Cry Out / Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Sleeping In The Bush For Days Now..(pics) by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:21pm On Nov 25, 2023
Country hard cry
Re: My Experience Sleeping In The Bush For Days Now..(pics) by carlleung(m): 1:24pm On Nov 25, 2023
This should be at front-page mods
Re: My Experience Sleeping In The Bush For Days Now..(pics) by eepeepook: 1:54pm On Nov 25, 2023
I want to know how the story gets resolved. Somebody should mention me when it ends.
Re: My Experience Sleeping In The Bush For Days Now..(pics) by Omoawoke2(m): 1:55pm On Nov 25, 2023
CamelCase:
I moved around 7:30:
As I decended the hill.. motor no gree climb again.. God so kind it was able to enter reverse gear.. na so I manage am with reverse come back to Iniobong workshop.

Day 2: Thursday night
That night they served me and one other driver Cooked corn. It was very kind of them..

I tried making some calls that night but the network here na die... Na near road we dey stand make call.. I and the owner have arranged another car to come offload the goods... But the car too don spoil for road as I type.

That night we went to the stream to bath.. I was scared to death... It was a thick forest but what to do

Pics one is me and Iniobong going to fetch water in the stream,

Pics two is me and uwem Chilling and waiting to see if any car go spoil for road

Typing.

May your hard-work be blessed
Re: My Experience Sleeping In The Bush For Days Now..(pics) by Olawade24: 1:59pm On Nov 25, 2023
Chai
Re: My Experience Sleeping In The Bush For Days Now..(pics) by PinkNature: 2:21pm On Nov 25, 2023
AcademicWriter:
Sorry everything will be fine...

Erm, do you seek help with your statement of purpose, personal statement, assignment, dissertation, or thesis? Check my profile.

He needs help..

Not 'Everything will be fine'
Re: My Experience Sleeping In The Bush For Days Now..(pics) by bigbauer(m): 2:28pm On Nov 25, 2023
Natural2Heal:

Are you a graduate? How did your family accept your decision to be a driver instead of looking for white collar job?

You have no idea about what you're talking about. On average an independent long distance (cargo) drivers makes at least 120k weekly (should be more than that by now). The challenge is the "risk" on our roads.

The Op's situation is a bit challenging because he has run out of funds, but it's surprising because normally you get 50% when you load, and the remaining 50% when you've off-loaded, in situations like this, the client should've sent money to get the car fixed, I guess Op is driving a 2011-2016 Sienna, they're known for gear troubles that's why most drivers get theirs converted to manual.

Todate, I still believe that one isn't "a driver" if one isn't a long distance commercial driver (granted there are few Private drivers who do long distance at least 3x monthly)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Sleeping In The Bush For Days Now..(pics) by OkanlawonB(m): 3:09pm On Nov 25, 2023
I am just wondering if it makes any economic sense to be supplying eggs that are fragile perishable items to Delta State from far away Osun, Ogun and Ondo States.

Are there no poultry farms in Delta State??

A pioneering poultry Feed manufacturer in Nigeria "TOPFEEDS" that is also a big supplier of poultry pharmaceuticals is from Delta State.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience Sleeping In The Bush For Days Now..(pics) by CamelCase: 3:18pm On Nov 25, 2023
Thazard:
Bros where exactly are you right now?

Still here boss.. with the mechanics, in Ijebu Ode.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Experience Sleeping In The Bush For Days Now..(pics) by CamelCase: 3:20pm On Nov 25, 2023
Babangidapikin:
Have you called the owner of the egg , so she can get alternative vehicle... This thread you are making is no excuse ... Logistics always have force majeure situations but you need to find solutions to deliver the goods. Time is money....

I said that earlier! She sent an alternative vehicle it broke down on the way, they just finish fixing it as I type

1 Like

Re: My Experience Sleeping In The Bush For Days Now..(pics) by CamelCase: 3:22pm On Nov 25, 2023
AfroBeatDiary:

Safe journey but when you're back, do a detail service for the car including that gear, you're getting a sign that shouldn't be ignored.

Certainly

Thanks and God bless.
Re: My Experience Sleeping In The Bush For Days Now..(pics) by CamelCase: 3:28pm On Nov 25, 2023
safarifarms:
Sad. You are lucky to have even found the Akwa Ibom brothers. But I wonder what they are really doing there in the bush. It appears they don't even have patronage in that place but choose to risk it and live there. To what end?

I also fear for their safety. Ritualists can go and kill them in that place and no one will know what happened to them. I'm really curious about their rational of being in that place.

I have questioning them how they happen to be staying here alone.

The actually is a village a Kilometer away, a village of about 30 mod house building with mostly famers and hunters... His father is a farmer and lives there...

He(the young mech) has a dream of developing that area to be an active junction for travelers.. hes currently building a mod house by himself(I'll show pics) where he'll be selling parts, restaurant and a motel.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Sleeping In The Bush For Days Now..(pics) by CamelCase: 3:36pm On Nov 25, 2023
laivwire:
Really gruelling experience. I was thinking you were out of this mess by now and sharing your experience. As soon as you said a road side mechanic rinsed your gearbox filter, I knew that vehicle isn't going anywhere. Sad to think you're still stuck there.

What are your plans? I believe you don't plan to start living there. Can you get another competent mechanic in the nearest town to come take a look at the car?

What is the owner of the merchandise saying? I hope those eggs don't rot under the hot sun. There's losses already as I can imagine. She should send another driver to save her goods before it becomes double debt on your head.

You can even follow the new driver back to town and get money and another technician to come back and look at the car. Better still get the driver to tow you and that car out of there.

Godspeed.

Thanks for your input man!.

I wish I could just be home in a flash... This whole experience is like a nightmare to me..

The owner has sent a car, it also broke down on the way... But has been fixed as we speak.

I'm still waiting here because of the goods...

Talking about getting a mechanic... I have used my last card to fix,tow this car to where I'm now .. I'm down home and away like this... cry

After I've tranloaded this goods I might have to leave the vehicle here and find anyway back to warri... Then when I raise some money I'll come fix it ..

1 Like

Re: My Experience Sleeping In The Bush For Days Now..(pics) by Ligxy(f): 3:38pm On Nov 25, 2023
Really wish there's something I can do. Pele, may God be with you.
The way this country frustrate young hustlers, hmmmm. We go sha dey alright.
Re: My Experience Sleeping In The Bush For Days Now..(pics) by CamelCase: 3:40pm On Nov 25, 2023
Padipadi:

Ya mouth like bushrat. Don't blacklistbpeiole in southwest as evil.
Ritualists, danger dey everywhere.
CamelCase as this is in public, it ll reach places and help ll locate you. God ll protect you from any danger. Favour ll locate you, amen.

Amen!
Thanks for the goodwish man!

I hope to get out of here soon..

And this guys are a case for further study, dude is good at his job and has a good dream but this place is one hell of a forest.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Sleeping In The Bush For Days Now..(pics) by CamelCase: 3:42pm On Nov 25, 2023
eepeepook:
I want to know how the story gets resolved. Somebody should mention me when it ends.

Certainly I'll.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Sleeping In The Bush For Days Now..(pics) by CamelCase: 3:42pm On Nov 25, 2023
Omoawoke2:

May your hard-work be blessed

Thanks man!
God bless
Re: My Experience Sleeping In The Bush For Days Now..(pics) by CamelCase: 3:45pm On Nov 25, 2023
OkanlawonB:
I am just wondering if it makes any economic sense to be supplying eggs that are fragile perishable items to Delta State from far away Osun, Ogun and Ondo States.

Are there no poultry farms in Delta State??

A pioneering poultry Feed manufacturer in Nigeria "TOPFEEDS" that is also a big supplier of poultry pharmaceuticals is from Delta State.

You'll never know untill you know... Prices of eggs in farms in Delta state is way for costly with a difference of about 300 - 400 naira per create.

I believe it it wasn't Lucrative Enough she won't be still doing the biz.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Sleeping In The Bush For Days Now..(pics) by CamelCase: 3:46pm On Nov 25, 2023
Ligxy:
Really wish there's something I can do. Pele, may God be with you.
The way this country frustrate young hustlers, hmmmm. We go sha dey alright.

Thanks your prayers is alot
Re: My Experience Sleeping In The Bush For Days Now..(pics) by CamelCase: 3:57pm On Nov 25, 2023
Today: Saturday 3:55pm
Still here, waiting on another driver.

We managed to cook another rice today and I donated 4 eggs this time.

That's going to be for breakfast lung and dinner unless miracle happens..

pics 1: Iniobong is moulding blocks for his dream house grin,

Pics 2: some eggs that got broken while escaping road safety has started to smell and bring Margot cry.

Pics 3: inibongs dream house

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Sleeping In The Bush For Days Now..(pics) by CamelCase: 4:08pm On Nov 25, 2023
If you are reading and you have a few buck you can help a brother with... I'd be eternally greatful.

Opay.

Pls put me in your prayers too...

Pics: Iniobong shared his corn with me

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Sleeping In The Bush For Days Now..(pics) by laivwire(m): 4:10pm On Nov 25, 2023
FinidiGeorge:

Did you read everything, she already sent another driver, the vehicle too spoil for road... She should just send the third driver o... E be like say one evil force wan make the woman incur loss this December angry angry

grin, I read that part as well and sending a third driver was what I meant. Village people at work maybe.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Sleeping In The Bush For Days Now..(pics) by safarifarms(m): 4:53pm On Nov 25, 2023
CamelCase:

I have questioning them how they happen to be staying here alone.

The actually is a village a Kilometer away, a village of about 30 mod house building with mostly famers and hunters... His father is a farmer and lives there...

He(the young mech) has a dream of developing that area to be an active junction for travelers.. hes currently building a mod house by himself(I'll show pics) where he'll be selling parts, restaurant and a motel.

Mud house to store car parts for sell? Mehn, that guy is crazy. He could as well just place the parts in an open shade to sell. How can the mud house be safe for goods that would be worth some good amount of money?

Modified: I just saw the block work in the pics. I guess you made a mistake in what you were trying to type.

If he succeeds in making that place an active stopover for drivers, he'll be a big landlord with some cool cash to make, if indigenous people of the area won't get jealous and drive him away.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience Sleeping In The Bush For Days Now..(pics) by safarifarms(m): 5:10pm On Nov 25, 2023
CamelCase:
Today: Saturday 3:55pm
Still here, waiting on another driver.

We managed to cook another rice today and I donated 4 eggs this time.

That's going to be for breakfast lung and dinner unless miracle happens..

pics 1: Iniobong is moulding blocks for his dream house grin,

Pics 2: some eggs that got broken while escaping road safety has started to smell and bring Margot cry.

Pics 3: inibongs dream house

Wait a min. Those bricks are made with just mud? I've read about it before but haven't been privileged to know someone who has actually done it before. I'll like to connect with Iniobong to learn one or two about the mud bricks. I'll send you a DM so that you can give me Iniobongs contact. By the way I'm also from Akwa Ibom and based here in Akwa Ibom.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Sleeping In The Bush For Days Now..(pics) by Irupetepete: 5:13pm On Nov 25, 2023
Life
Re: My Experience Sleeping In The Bush For Days Now..(pics) by Babangidapikin: 5:57pm On Nov 25, 2023
CamelCase:

I said that earlier! She sent an alternative vehicle it broke down on the way, they just finish fixing it as I type
Okay then wish you luck ...
Re: My Experience Sleeping In The Bush For Days Now..(pics) by amanda10g: 8:48pm On Nov 25, 2023
That Akwa Ibom guy is heaven sent to you, by now you would be planning how many crates of your eggs to sale for 20k to settle off agbero.That Akwa Ibom guy is heaven sent to you, by now you would be planning how many crates of your eggs to sale for 20k to settle off agbero....

1 Like

Re: My Experience Sleeping In The Bush For Days Now..(pics) by telkevog(m): 9:13am On Nov 26, 2023
We're praying for you bro. Update us as it goes, I'll do something.
Re: My Experience Sleeping In The Bush For Days Now..(pics) by seetomorrow: 8:01am On Nov 27, 2023
CamelCase:
If you are reading and you have a few buck you can help a brother with... I'd be eternally greatful.

Opay.

Pls put me in your prayers too...

Pics: Iniobong shared his corn with me

You see those people with toying van can be so diabolic, once the have close contact/touch with your car, it will never be the same again
Re: My Experience Sleeping In The Bush For Days Now..(pics) by CamelCase: 11:26am On Nov 27, 2023
Thanks to all that put me in their prayers..

Saturday Nov 25: I moved

So as at 4pm that Saturday, a call came in.. it was the owner of the merchandise..

There was issue with the driver that was supposed to come pic the egg .. the woman told her I'll pay him.

She was just informing me.
Note: in my previous discussion with her, I told her she should help pay the driver coming and when I get back home she can short-pay me for the next payment. because I've exausted all funds and she obliged.

Now she was insisting I pay part to the driver but I didn't have any so I humbly told the driver the situation of things... The driver won't go with half payment so he refused to proceed.

I was really disappointed how she didn't care that I had a predicament. But no wam... I told Iniobong about the update and told him if there is anything that could be done.

He got into the car, did a little test-drive( because the car was only selecting gear 1 and won't select a higher gear .

Iniobong told me I could manage it but I will have to be letting the car stop and engine cold again every 2-3KM.

Typing...

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Sleeping In The Bush For Days Now..(pics) by CamelCase: 1:33pm On Nov 27, 2023
Moving with 20-30KM/h took me about 3-4hrs to get to Ore..

On the way.. I helped two ladies in the late twenties.. they managed to pack themselves in the front like sardine. Because I had my spare tire between driver and passenger seat.

After I picked them I noticed the car began slowing in movement because of the extra kg.. but I no fit just leave them there for bush...

Tying...

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Sleeping In The Bush For Days Now..(pics) by seborrhic: 3:11pm On Nov 27, 2023
CamelCase:
Moving with 20-30KM/h took me about 3-4hrs to get to Ore..

On the way.. I helped two ladies in the late twenties.. they managed to pack themselves in the front like sardine. Because I had my spare tire between driver and passenger seat.

After I picked them I noticed the car began slowing in movement because of the extra kg.. but I no fit just leave them there for bush...

Tying...
Na wao,this your story is touching.
But I am curious how did 2 ladies get "stranded in the bush"?Did they tell you what happened for you to be convinced enough to pick them?
One has to be careful,particularly the fact you are not that sure the car can safely take you to your destination

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Scamming System "every Body Bware" / Moving To Indonesia / New USA VISA Fee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.