Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Akpata to Dongban-Mensem: Explain Discrepancy In Kano Appeal Court Judgement - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpata to Dongban-Mensem: Explain Discrepancy In Kano Appeal Court Judgement (14671 Views)

4 Governors, Wike, Attend Justice Monica Dongban-Mensem Son’s Memorial / Buhari nominates Dongban-Mensem as President, Court of Appeal / Buhari Appoints Justice Dongban Mensem As Acting Court Of Appeal President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akpata to Dongban-Mensem: Explain Discrepancy In Kano Appeal Court Judgement by brian91(m): 1:08pm On Nov 25, 2023
CilicMarin:
Wetin concern Labour Party for APC and NNPP matter?

This useless obessed lawyer who turned NBA to a branch of Labour party when held sway, shouldn't be seen anyway morality is being talked about...

A very useless corrupt lawyer...

I wanna believe you knew his accomplishment in life/career far outweigh yours.
Tantrums & insult from peeps like you does not get to him.
Re: Akpata to Dongban-Mensem: Explain Discrepancy In Kano Appeal Court Judgement by Jostoman: 1:26pm On Nov 25, 2023
CilicMarin:

This useless obessed lawyer who turned NBA to a branch of Labour party when held sway, shouldn't be seen anyway morality is being talked about...

you think judiciary are disgracing NNPP, APC, PDP or LP but you dont know that they disgracing
nigeria as a country.
Re: Akpata to Dongban-Mensem: Explain Discrepancy In Kano Appeal Court Judgement by IfnobeGod20: 1:38pm On Nov 25, 2023
JagabanB:

A functional brain should as well have known that leading up to the election, political parties carried out so many irregularities and it's what their opposition are exploiting.
Same was exploited against APC in 2019 and they took heavy loses in Zamfara and Rivers, nobody crïéd because they know APC dèserved it, today u folks are crying because Obi was not foisted on us through the judiciary, u really that bràin u talked about
Why are you people citing incongruent cases to buttress your point. The issue of Zamfara and Rivers states were self inflicted. It was APC members that took the party to courts and it was followed through till Supreme Court in both cases. Please explain to the world if issues in both Kano and Plateau initiated by their respective party member is the same with Kano and Plateau? In Kano, it's APC that took NNPP member, Yusuf to court and said he is not a member of NNPP while in Plateau, it is same APC that says PDP doesn't have structure in the state, forgetting that conduct of primary is statutorily handle by the NWC of the party and not state structure, while the state structure have nothing to do with primary based on each party constitution in Nigeria.
Re: Akpata to Dongban-Mensem: Explain Discrepancy In Kano Appeal Court Judgement by Olumaeme: 1:51pm On Nov 25, 2023
CilicMarin:

Seriously, you are a big id*ot

What if he is a LP member? He shouldn't be concerned about an obvious miscarriage of justice? And also as former NBA chair, he shouldn't be concerned?
Re: Akpata to Dongban-Mensem: Explain Discrepancy In Kano Appeal Court Judgement by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:00pm On Nov 25, 2023
Penguin2:
Isn’t it ironic that it is the past chairman of NBA, Olumide Akpata, that is wading into the controversy and demanding answers on behalf practicing lawyers.

While the supposed current NBA chairman, stupid Maikyau (or whatever his name is) is more interested in shuttling between his office and Aso Rock with his okpolo eyes.

One thing I know is that something drastic will happen in this country, and very soon.
so Nigeria should burn cos obi lost abi... Whatever explanation given won't quench ina curiosity...
Re: Akpata to Dongban-Mensem: Explain Discrepancy In Kano Appeal Court Judgement by sucess001(m): 2:08pm On Nov 25, 2023
Penguin2:
Isn’t it ironic that it is the past chairman of NBA, Olumide Akpata, that is wading into the controversy and demanding answers on behalf practicing lawyers.

While the supposed current NBA chairman, stupid Maikyau (or whatever his name is) is more interested in shuttling between his office and Aso Rock with his okpolo eyes.

One thing I know is that something drastic will happen in this country, and very soon.

God bless you. Was just about to say this. The current NBA president is beyond embarrassing
Re: Akpata to Dongban-Mensem: Explain Discrepancy In Kano Appeal Court Judgement by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:14pm On Nov 25, 2023
nony43:

Please , do you know more than the lawyers?
lawyers that are partisan olumide is a labour party member so why should we take his side as being objective??
Re: Akpata to Dongban-Mensem: Explain Discrepancy In Kano Appeal Court Judgement by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:17pm On Nov 25, 2023
Kukutenla:

Don't be daft
He's speaking as a member of the legal profession and not a politician
Use your brain to differentiate the two
he is a labour party member so he is a politician.. stop clowning
Re: Akpata to Dongban-Mensem: Explain Discrepancy In Kano Appeal Court Judgement by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:20pm On Nov 25, 2023
udeh3:

Spot on... Some persons don't even know about internal party matters. These issues aren't post election matters. They're all pre-election issues
so PDP should be allowed to get away with anyhowness in plateau State right.. u can go create your assembly and give Those sack seats
Re: Akpata to Dongban-Mensem: Explain Discrepancy In Kano Appeal Court Judgement by treatise: 3:21pm On Nov 25, 2023
CilicMarin:

Proof?
Re: Akpata to Dongban-Mensem: Explain Discrepancy In Kano Appeal Court Judgement by Gr8amechi: 3:36pm On Nov 25, 2023
Administration1:
Sad as it may be, the 1st paragraph is what should be acted upon.
How can you expect judges to learn on the job!
The fact remains that the recruitment process of Judge s into the appeal court and Supreme Court should be without the interference of the Executive Arm of Government.

I think it's high time the Office of the Attorney General and The Minister of Justice should be separated, while the former should be entirely left to the National Judicial Council, the latter should be left to the crooked Politician with recommendation from the National Judicial Council whose membership should be by election from the National Bar Association.

I have held this opinion and this is obtainable in the USA, the attorney general is independent.

But how can he be independent if he is appointed?

I strongly suggest the ministry of justice to be under the AGF and the police force and Efcc should report to him, he should be the chief prosecutor of the federation and should be elected independent of the president of the federation

1 Like

Re: Akpata to Dongban-Mensem: Explain Discrepancy In Kano Appeal Court Judgement by Christistruth00: 4:04pm On Nov 25, 2023
It is my Opinion that the Appeal Court doesn't owe Akpata any Explanation

It is the Supreme Court who would decide if what was done was right or Wrong but it still won't change the fact that 165,000 Unstamped Unsigned Undated votes were invalid
Re: Akpata to Dongban-Mensem: Explain Discrepancy In Kano Appeal Court Judgement by erniok(m): 4:23pm On Nov 25, 2023
CilicMarin:

Your type is the reason we are at this all time low as a nation. Why not attack the message and leave the messenger.

May God scatter any relocation plan you have or may have if you have not relocated and may you be deported if you have so you can come and enjoy the mees you are supporting.
Re: Akpata to Dongban-Mensem: Explain Discrepancy In Kano Appeal Court Judgement by Benekkk: 4:32pm On Nov 25, 2023
Atarakpa:
Nothing is remaining again. Join them if you can't beat them. In this junction now I think even me can't beat them.
please don’t give up, for your children’s tomorrow!
Re: Akpata to Dongban-Mensem: Explain Discrepancy In Kano Appeal Court Judgement by Mccullum: 5:24pm On Nov 25, 2023
Must ruling party lost in court? Even if evidences presented in court obviously favor the ruling party, judgement must be against them just to make opposition smile?

Some will just hidden their biases under opposition movement.

Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Akpata to Dongban-Mensem: Explain Discrepancy In Kano Appeal Court Judgement by nony43(m): 6:46pm On Nov 25, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
lawyers that are partisan olumide is a labour party member so why should we take his side as being objective??

The retiring CJN justice once mention that the judiciary he served is different from what we have now.
Re: Akpata to Dongban-Mensem: Explain Discrepancy In Kano Appeal Court Judgement by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:18pm On Nov 25, 2023
nony43:

The retiring CJN justice once mention that the judiciary he served is different from what we have now.
the CJN is retiring next year... So Kno what u are quoting besides it's the deputy to CJN a Northerner who retired and called for certificate reforms but u guys make it look like everything is rubbish cos e no favor Ina pple... Shoir
Re: Akpata to Dongban-Mensem: Explain Discrepancy In Kano Appeal Court Judgement by udeh3(m): 10:11pm On Nov 25, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
so PDP should be allowed to get away with anyhowness in plateau State right.. u can go create your assembly and give Those sack seats

I never made reference to any state. Read with understanding. Their are conflicting judgement upandan which shouldn't. Must we play politics with everything? Did I mention any parties name?

You might have gone through school, but, you need education
Re: Akpata to Dongban-Mensem: Explain Discrepancy In Kano Appeal Court Judgement by nony43(m): 11:54pm On Nov 25, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
the CJN is retiring next year... So Kno what u are quoting besides it's the deputy to CJN a Northerner who retired and called for certificate reforms but u guys make it look like everything is rubbish cos e no favor Ina pple... Shoir

My wife is a lawyer and same as her father and they both are saying the same thing that the judiciary is rotten. Mind you the Judge handling MNK case to her is her best Judge.
Re: Akpata to Dongban-Mensem: Explain Discrepancy In Kano Appeal Court Judgement by AdviserGeneral: 10:56am On Nov 26, 2023
CilicMarin:

Why do you guys always resort to insults and abuses when matters of National interest is being discussed? Will this nation ever heal?

Kano judgement is a national matter and not an APC vs NNPP matter. Such precedence should never be allowed to happen again.
Re: Akpata to Dongban-Mensem: Explain Discrepancy In Kano Appeal Court Judgement by JagabanB: 5:57pm On Nov 26, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

Why are you people citing incongruent cases to buttress your point. The issue of Zamfara and Rivers states were self inflicted. It was APC members that took the party to courts and it was followed through till Supreme Court in both cases. Please explain to the world if issues in both Kano and Plateau initiated by their respective party member is the same with Kano and Plateau? In Kano, it's APC that took NNPP member, Yusuf to court and said he is not a member of NNPP while in Plateau, it is same APC that says PDP doesn't have structure in the state, forgetting that conduct of primary is statutorily handle by the NWC of the party and not state structure, while the state structure have nothing to do with primary based on each party constitution in Nigeria.
Does it now make the judiciary wrong or a tool that APC is using like u people are suggesting?
U folks love bending narratives so much.
Court sacked APC law makers, same thing court is doing now, we are not talking about who took who to court.
U leave loopholes it will be exploited, that's politics.
Re: Akpata to Dongban-Mensem: Explain Discrepancy In Kano Appeal Court Judgement by JagabanB: 6:01pm On Nov 26, 2023
udeh3:

I believe you didn't see the transcripts for the judgements. If you do, you'll understand how conflicting it was. When the judges aren't kids, how come the judgements were conflicting?
LOL.
It's funny how many people who don't know basics in law talk about law and "conflicts".
There's a reason why a doctor needs a lawyer to represent him in court, u know why?
Because he is not a professional in matters of the law.
So I now see people who didn't attend school at all, people who read so many courses that has nothing to do with law, people who can't understand and interpret the law fauIts judgements so much because it doesn't appeal to their choice.
I read the transcript and I am yet to see the conflicts u are talking about.
The law is not interpreted like u folks think it is.
Re: Akpata to Dongban-Mensem: Explain Discrepancy In Kano Appeal Court Judgement by JagabanB: 6:03pm On Nov 26, 2023
Truths9ja:
it’s pre election matters under the electoral act 2022.
I am sure u can barely interpret the electoral act.
Re: Akpata to Dongban-Mensem: Explain Discrepancy In Kano Appeal Court Judgement by IfnobeGod20: 2:01am On Nov 27, 2023
JagabanB:

Does it now make the judiciary wrong or a tool that APC is using like u people are suggesting?
U folks love bending narratives so much.
Court sacked APC law makers, same thing court is doing now, we are not talking about who took who to court.
U leave loopholes it will be exploited, that's politics.
One thing that you people have refused to live with is that you don't know that election cases is quite different from regular cases and that was why tribunal are always frown at some prayers that supposed to have been dealt with at the regular court. When you import cases that suppose to have been done at High Court to Tribunal and you delivered judgement on it novicely, people of good conscience frown at it.
You cannot say one thing today and tomorrow you twist it to another thing, it makes no sense at all.
A preelection matter that you once called someone an interloper and busybody because he doesn't belong to that party but still went ahead to entertained same preelection matter of the same nature brought by non-member of the same party and refused to call him interloper and busybody, then, the court is playing double standard.
My concern is, you guys should stop comparing the incomparable. Zamfara and Rivers states were self inflicted because it was Marafa that took APC to court in Zamfara while Magnus Abbey took APC to court in Rivers state but same cannot be said in Plateau and Kano. We cannot continue to have different judgements for the same case, it is not healthy for the country.
Re: Akpata to Dongban-Mensem: Explain Discrepancy In Kano Appeal Court Judgement by Difrent: 2:12am On Nov 27, 2023
Lastmankc:
When it doesn't goes your way,you ebola miscreants we start using all kind of derogatory names on a person.I don't think in your life,or your next life. you will ever get to the level of the erudite Akpata.

Let's see how much votes this erudite Akpata can gather..... Even Shuaibu will have more votes than this labourer in vain
Re: Akpata to Dongban-Mensem: Explain Discrepancy In Kano Appeal Court Judgement by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:47am On Nov 27, 2023
nony43:

My wife is a lawyer and same as her father and they both are saying the same thing that the judiciary is rotten. Mind you the Judge handling MNK case to her is her best Judge.
says a lot about you and your wife who are terrorist sympathizers for a terrorist like nnamdi Kanu... And his Ipob organization... The judiciary is rotten cos they refused to force ur cheap Messiah on us.. shior
Re: Akpata to Dongban-Mensem: Explain Discrepancy In Kano Appeal Court Judgement by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:49am On Nov 27, 2023
udeh3:

I never made reference to any state. Read with understanding. Their are conflicting judgement upandan which shouldn't. Must we play politics with everything? Did I mention any parties name?

You might have gone through school, but, you need education
continue blabbing and don't face the facts... Nothing is conflicting plateau PDP gorvenor ll be refused and next time PDP ll learn to follow process already all assembly and nass guys have Lost their Seats to LP APC... So u guys should stop making it like na APC e favor alone
Re: Akpata to Dongban-Mensem: Explain Discrepancy In Kano Appeal Court Judgement by nony43(m): 7:27am On Nov 27, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
says a lot about you and your wife who are terrorist sympathizers for a terrorist like nnamdi Kanu... And his Ipob organization... The judiciary is rotten cos they refused to force ur cheap Messiah on us.. shior

I thought you have sense and I was trying to engage a swine. Go to school you refused . If you call MNK a terrorist what will you call a secessionist? Fool. I don’t like the judge my wife does must we have the same choice ? It is her field she knows best.
Re: Akpata to Dongban-Mensem: Explain Discrepancy In Kano Appeal Court Judgement by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:58am On Nov 27, 2023
nony43:

I thought you have sense and I was trying to engage a swine. Go to school you refused . If you call MNK a terrorist what will you call a secessionist? Fool. I don’t like the judge my wife does must we have the same choice ? It is her field she knows best.
you are very stupid by the way... U supporting Ipob and nnamdi Kanu atrocities show who u are... Get Lost...
Re: Akpata to Dongban-Mensem: Explain Discrepancy In Kano Appeal Court Judgement by nony43(m): 9:11am On Nov 27, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
you are very stupid by the way... U supporting Ipob and nnamdi Kanu atrocities show who u are... Get Lost...

Get lost too.
Re: Akpata to Dongban-Mensem: Explain Discrepancy In Kano Appeal Court Judgement by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:22am On Nov 27, 2023
nony43:

Get lost too.
get out with ur bias judgment and toxicity cos a cheap Obi Lost
Re: Akpata to Dongban-Mensem: Explain Discrepancy In Kano Appeal Court Judgement by nony43(m): 9:53am On Nov 27, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
get out with ur bias judgment and toxicity cos a cheap Obi Lost

Go through your posts with me and tell me the bitter person here. So Bleep off. You started hurling insults first as an untrained kid you are.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obaseki's Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Dismisses APC Suit / Ilorin And The Crisis Of Fulani Identity / Adamawa Is Nigeria's Least Developed State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.