Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State (40358 Views)

Pictures From Abacha Hangout In Enugu State / Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter / Guests Dragging Hot Amala At An Event Abroad (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by BitterTruth01: 6:02am On Nov 26, 2023
femisplash:

Egusi is a west africa cuisine, doesn't belong to ibos.

Raskimonojendor:

If you grew up in a Yoruba household, you would have "sé" egusi when you were little. Egusi Ijebu is a favorite stew in Ijebu households. Obatala's favourite food is iyan and egusi.

Ibos borrowed the word "egusi" from Yorubas.

Ofodirinwa:
A 1 canopy backyard cookout of 20 people caused all of this noise? How many Yoruba people are eating Egusi as I type this?

Raskimonojendor:

Yoruba own egusi.

Ibo dictionary below says it's a loaned word from Yoruba.

Nobody owns egusi . It’s like saying you own Yam because you eat Amala which is made from dried Yam (elubo). Other people eat yam too but prepared in a different way .

Maybe yoruba first called it egusi or maybe other tribes first called it egusi , it’s irrelevant .
The plant is grown across west Africa almost to central africa . And it’s are called different names .

The difference here (and most important thing) is how it’s prepared differently. The way egusi was prepared historically in yorubaland has changed .
Yoruba used to cook egusi without oil and it stays white and they prepare stew separate .
Then they dish the stew on top of the white egusi . But now most yoruba families don’t cook cook it like that anymore . They copied the Igbo way of cooking it .

So the method of cooking is what’s important and the common method we have today definitely originated from Igboland.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by YorubaDemonswag: 7:06am On Nov 26, 2023
These are original Igbo people.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by blingxx(m): 7:06am On Nov 26, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

If you grew up in a Yoruba household, you would have "sé" egusi when you were little. Egusi Ijebu is a favorite stew in Ijebu households. Obatala's favourite food is iyan and egusi.

Ibos borrowed the word "egusi" from Yorubas.

Borrowed the word "egusi" from Yoruba and name their soup : undecided ok

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by INDOMIE9090(f): 7:07am On Nov 26, 2023
Hi

4 Likes

Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by INDOMIE9090(f): 7:08am On Nov 26, 2023
Chygoz01:
that amala and that algae looking dirty soup smiley smiley
nwachwu saying she does not care about your opinion

8 Likes

Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by Okhuadams(m): 7:09am On Nov 26, 2023
Ofodirinwa:
A 1 canopy backyard cookout of 20 people caused all of this noise? How many Yoruba people are eating Egusi as I type this?
no reason to get frustrated

5 Likes

Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:10am On Nov 26, 2023
Ah! Una get mind attend? shocked
Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by Benwallt(m): 7:11am On Nov 26, 2023
Ofodirinwa:

But una talk say e nor go hold. Empty barrels. The bottom line is, it was held against all the noises

5 Likes

Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by Expanse2020(m): 7:11am On Nov 26, 2023
Them no go gree
Their name said it all
Igbo = supporter of APC, ganja trybe
Ala Igbo = sniffing supporter of APC
English Yoruba standard Dictionary
grin grin grin
Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by Is04970: 7:12am On Nov 26, 2023
Thanks Enugu.
God bless us all.
One Love.

6 Likes

Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by ChristCee: 7:18am On Nov 26, 2023
Kafirbigot:
See shameless people...

you have to define what you are eating.

Before you eat something...you "EAT" with your Eyes. These pictures you posted are "GRAPHIC". Looks like what a GOAT vomitted...

Disgustingly useless..spits. cool

This hatred for Yorubas is really killing you

9 Likes

Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:18am On Nov 26, 2023
paxx:

lmao you cant even spell igbo correctly, obviously that dictionary and any dictionary u are using is nonsense
Lol this people will do or say anything just to sound correct. Imagine discrediting something of their own just to make a point grin

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by Benwallt(m): 7:21am On Nov 26, 2023
Omobude244:

So i have to go to akwa ibom before i can learn how to cook edikaeko?

It's called edika ikong

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 7:21am On Nov 26, 2023
author=femisplapost=
Egusi is a west africa cuisine, doesn't belong to ibos.[/quote]

Then call it in your language and let's see.
Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by Benwallt(m): 7:21am On Nov 26, 2023
But una talk say e nor go hold. Empty barrels. The bottom line is, it was held against all the noises

5 Likes

Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by toprealman: 7:21am On Nov 26, 2023
Purely based on food safety and hygiene concerns, I wouldn’t taste whatever they served.
Nice concept though but better preparation needed for subsequent editions
Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by promisedeco(m): 7:22am On Nov 26, 2023
BitterTruth01:

Nobody owns egusi . It’s like saying you own Yam because you eat Amala which is made from dried Yam (elubo). Other people eat yam too but prepared in a different way .

Maybe yoruba first called it egusi or maybe other tribes first called it egusi , it’s irrelevant .
The plant is grown across west Africa almost to central africa . And it’s are called different names .

The difference here (and most important thing) is how it’s prepared differently. The way egusi was prepared historically in yorubaland has changed .
Yoruba used to cook egusi without oil and it stays white and they prepare stew separate .
Then they dish the stew on top of the white egusi . But now most yoruba families don’t cook cook it like that anymore . They copied the Igbo way of cooking it .

So the method of cooking is what’s important and the common method we have today definitely originated from Igboland.

Well said

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by ChristCee: 7:22am On Nov 26, 2023
socialjustice93:

Oga shiiii! Igbos own Egwusi soup. I don't know why you guys hate giving credit to the good things invented by Igbos. Very soon una go wan claim our Ofe Okwuru(okro) join. Lol he say na West Africa cuisine.
No you can keep your poison. He is telling you pure facts. You guys are so narrow minded...you think only your ancestors planted egusi over the years?

4 Likes

Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by remiopash: 7:23am On Nov 26, 2023
Ofodirinwa:
Egusi is a traditional African seed/dish. No tribe can lay claim to it.
Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by Wettoid123: 7:23am On Nov 26, 2023
Pls ooooo one of the customer should try and go inside to assess the drum were they scoop water from to make the amala, you will be dazed, devastated and dis appointed if you see the accumulation of dirty, dead rat inside that drum it happened in my state leading to the closure of that amala spot then, ever since I prefer my wife to make amala for me at home if I want to eat it.
Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by Bluntemperor: 7:23am On Nov 26, 2023
Goodvibes007:
More pics and reactions from happier people.

I saw one Oyinbo or a Lebanese there , munching Amala- in one of the Pictures,far left.
A good patronage, indeed!

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by Bentoli(m): 7:25am On Nov 26, 2023
GHANA JOLLOF IS WAY BETTER THAN NIGERIA JOLLOF
Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by Max24: 7:26am On Nov 26, 2023
Hope one day they won't say Amala belongs to them. That they developed it. Wetin Musa no go see for gate with those people. The case of Lagos comes to mind.

8 Likes

Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by ExpertEDITOR: 7:28am On Nov 26, 2023
femisplash:

It is even a Yoruba cuisine. They wanted to steal it. We don give them several receipts tire for twitter, dem no wan hear.

6 Likes

Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by ecolime(m): 7:28am On Nov 26, 2023
Wettoid123:
Pls ooooo one of the customer should try and go inside to assess the drum were they scoop water from to make the amala, you will be dazed, devastated and dis appointed if you see the accumulation of dirty, dead rat inside that drum it happened in my state leading to the closure of that amala spot then, ever since I prefer my wife to make amala for me at home if I want to eat it.
Na one woman husband be this shocked... You be dunce oo

Just don't pass this foolishness to your kids

6 Likes

Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by sotall(m): 7:29am On Nov 26, 2023
socialjustice93:

Oga shiiii! Igbos own Egwusi soup. I don't know why you guys hate giving credit to the good things invented by Igbos. Very soon una go wan claim our Ofe Okwuru(okro) join. Lol he say na West Africa cuisine.

See as evidence plenty reach for this thread say Egusi na Yoruba word, you still dey argue.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by ExpertEDITOR: 7:29am On Nov 26, 2023
femisplash:

They ate Yoruba Egusi, years later, they tried to claim it as theirs.

They are eating amala now, 50yrs later, dem fit claim na dem get am 😂

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy / How Do I Make My Cakes Last For Weeks / How I Urgently Made a Combination of Crayfish Stew With Eggs.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.