Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State (40359 Views)

Pictures From Abacha Hangout In Enugu State / Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter / Guests Dragging Hot Amala At An Event Abroad (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by nedekid: 8:34am On Nov 26, 2023
benuejosh:
They came to Lagos and learnt about another food called Amala. Garri (Eba) will have breathing space now.
You, that came to Lagos, spent many years but too slow to learn anything nko?
Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by blakkydikky(m): 8:37am On Nov 26, 2023
Entprys:
Na Igbo get Egusi.

Ours are ewedu and gbegiri.
Shoko and woorowo
.... Who told you that and where did you read it that "na Igbo get egusi"?
Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by nedekid: 8:40am On Nov 26, 2023
femisplash:
Amala has been saving lives since 19 BC. I see Amala day being declared in the SE anytime soon. Watch and see how Anambrah Imo, Abia to start competing with Enugu very soon. Ibos love amala, never be bothered what they say on social media.

Fact be said, amala+gbegiri, ewedu, well garnished is one of the best meals one can have.
Perfect meal those days in ibadan after hangover, light and easily digested.
If I don't eat amala atlest 5 times im a week, I sure say man pikin go sick. grin
Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by ORIAYO70(m): 8:41am On Nov 26, 2023
Goodvibes007:
According to Social Media user, Kelvin Onovo:

Amala Hangout!

Enugu turned up.

I thought the bicycle headed said Amala is synonymous to the Yoruba.
Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by Sayvick(m): 8:42am On Nov 26, 2023
Ofodirinwa:
A 1 canopy backyard cookout of 20 people caused all of this noise? How many Yoruba people are eating Egusi as I type this?

On this one, I beg yo differ, I do not know for how long Igbo have been eating Egusi, but I grew up to know Egusi from my village in Ekiti, we grow and harvest it and used to have a festive period that the only acceptable soup is Egusi made in a special way.

In fact, we call it Egunsi.

We shouldn't forget that we are one people separated by tribe and tongues, we shouldn't turn Egusi war yo Jollof rice.

See Good thing love good thing, live and let's live.

Amala to the World!!!
Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by femi4: 8:43am On Nov 26, 2023
paxx:
we igbos love Amala. and we dont want to claim it. we know how to enjoy other peoples culture without claiming it. unlike some people who cant stand the fact that igbos invented egusi.
You didn't event Egunsi. The name itself is Egunsi not Egusi.

It was derived from its shape cos it looks like Egun (thorn)
Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by ORIAYO70(m): 8:47am On Nov 26, 2023
benuejosh:
They came to Lagos and learnt about another food called Amala. Garri (Eba) will have breathing space now.

We have been eating their foolish foods without complaining, Nsala soup, and one other soup like that, but the morons keep criticizing Amala n Ewedu.. now they have it under their nose

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by Pat081: 8:51am On Nov 26, 2023
And some of them will be doing big for nothing as if they do not eat it
Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by ORIAYO70(m): 8:51am On Nov 26, 2023
paxx:
we igbos love Amala. and we dont want to claim it. we know how to enjoy other peoples culture without claiming it. unlike some people who cant stand the fact that igbos invented egusi.

Nna where did ignore invented egunsi...

Besides egusi is created by God, is a cuisine in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by Sleekfingers: 9:15am On Nov 26, 2023
Ofodirinwa:
A 1 canopy backyard cookout of 20 people caused all of this noise? How many Yoruba people are eating Egusi as I type this?

Is Egusi an igbo soup only?
Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by Padipadi(m): 9:27am On Nov 26, 2023
Ofodirinwa:
Egusi is a general soup. Hear the name egusi which is meant to be spelt (egunsi). It's a Yoruba word and part of Yoruba soup. So instead of you to be appreciating Amala, you dey beef claim tribal food superiority.
Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by Padipadi(m): 9:29am On Nov 26, 2023
Entprys:
Na Igbo get Egusi.

Shoko and woorowo
No tribe owned melon. That word egusi na Yoruba word sef

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by Padipadi(m): 9:29am On Nov 26, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

If you grew up in a Yoruba household, you would have "sé" egusi when you were little. Egusi Ijebu is a favorite stew in Ijebu households. Obatala's favourite food is iyan and egusi.

Ibos borrowed the word "egusi" from Yorubas.
Been educating them here o. I go change am for Ibos here whipping unnecessary tribal sentiments especially on things they borrowed.
Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by Padipadi(m): 9:32am On Nov 26, 2023
Ofodirinwa:

say it in your language
Mumu it's egusi in Yoruba language. Meaning soup wey dem grind before cooking.
Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by manikspears: 9:34am On Nov 26, 2023
Entprys:
Na Igbo get Egusi.

Shoko and woorowo

Clown 🤡
Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by socialjustice93: 9:42am On Nov 26, 2023
SmartyPants:

Egusi is eaten and prepared in different ways all over West Africa. Try and travel so you won't be so limited in cultural awareness.

In Gambia/Senegal they eat theirs with rice and call it supa kanja.

If you claim it originated from your tribe, no problems but what is the evidence for that claim?

Who cares how they prepare theirs? We're talking about Ofe Egwusi AKA Egusi soup.
Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by socialjustice93: 9:46am On Nov 26, 2023
BeigJawnson:

I am not a bigot here, mind you, you igbos borrowed the word Egusi and it is spelt egwusi in your language...

That some Igbo dialect call Egwusi other names doesn't make Egwusi a borrowed word. Egwusi is Igbo and the Egwusi soup is our own.
Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by socialjustice93: 9:47am On Nov 26, 2023
sotall:

See as evidence plenty reach for this thread say Egusi na Yoruba word, you still dey argue.

Egwusi na Yoruba and una no sabi prepare am well lol..
Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by chubinwa(m): 9:49am On Nov 26, 2023
Misplaced priority

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by IAMBOSS1990: 9:50am On Nov 26, 2023
Must everything be a source of ethnic argument in Nigeria? Una don carry am enter food now. Who cares if egusi is Igbo or not, all that matters is to enjoy the food and thank God for providing.
Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by socialjustice93: 9:54am On Nov 26, 2023
ChristCee:

No you can keep your poison. He is telling you pure facts. You guys are so narrow minded...you think only your ancestors planted egusi over the years?

Every one cultivates and use Egwusi for different purpose, but the Egwusi soup is ours. Una get soup?
You people should learn to give credit due to others, bad belle won't take you no where.
For instance and in my opinion, Yorubas make the best party jollof in Nigeria and I always give them credit for that.
Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by pongwa(m): 10:10am On Nov 26, 2023
Goodvibes007:
According to Social Media user, Kelvin Onovo:

Amala Hangout!

Enugu turned up.

Yoruba Muslims have conquered south yeast finally. Ofe mmanu on the beat
Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by Sleekfingers: 10:14am On Nov 26, 2023
socialjustice93:

Oga shiiii! Igbos own Egwusi soup. I don't know why you guys hate giving credit to the good things invented by Igbos. Very soon una go wan claim our Ofe Okwuru(okro) join. Lol he say na West Africa cuisine.

You must be clown for saying igbo own Egusi soup. Go and say that to an ijebu people, if dem no go use plank reset your flat skull.
We prepare plain okra soup accompany with obe ata, Is Ila alasepo ( mixed okra soup) na igbo soup too? Each tribe have different ways of preparing okra soup. Abi, na only southeast okra dey grow?
Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by SmartyPants(m): 10:19am On Nov 26, 2023
socialjustice93:

Who cares how they prepare theirs? We're talking about Ofe Egwusi AKA Egusi soup.

You don't have to care you just need to have common sense to get the simple point. You can't that Egusi originated from one particular place when it is widely eaten both within Nigeria and across West Africa.

If you insist, simply present the evidence. Simple.
Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by Sleekfingers: 10:22am On Nov 26, 2023
blingxx:

Borrowed the word "egusi" from Yoruba and name their soup : undecided ok

People borrow words from different languages. If they don't want their language to go into extinction.....
Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by sexyyoyo(m): 10:24am On Nov 26, 2023
Ofodirinwa:

Where is the picture of the Amala self ? Amala hang out with no Amala in any of the pictures. Lori iro
Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by BeigJawnson(m): 10:26am On Nov 26, 2023
socialjustice93:

That some Igbo dialect call Egwusi other names doesn't make Egwusi a borrowed word. Egwusi is Igbo and the Egwusi soup is our own.
Check this

Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by Jonjam269: 10:30am On Nov 26, 2023
Deluded obidots will not be happy with this news, they've started wailing and gnashing their teeth as usual.
They've started writing gibberish as usual.
Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by Sleekfingers: 10:31am On Nov 26, 2023
tollyboy5:

I'm ijebu from eastern part of Lagos. Amala and ewedu is not our native food. But egusi and eba with obe ata is an ancient food here. The igbo way of cooking egusi is different from that of my grandmother.
The Yoruba egusi is different from igbo egusi, the egusi we mostly eat in lagos is the igbo egusi but there is the yoruba version also.
I think its a West African food

Egusi ijebu is very small, and a bit expensive. But extremely delicious.
Anytime, I visit some friends in ijebu igbo and ijebu ode. I eat egusi ijebu soup ( prepare with eja gbigbe) and lafun. I don't eat Eba.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by BeigJawnson(m): 10:32am On Nov 26, 2023
socialjustice93:

Go and learn more about your tribe and language... And stop forming lecturer taking the course of Egwusi101

1 Share

Re: Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State by iamclime(m): 10:35am On Nov 26, 2023
Please where are the pictures of the àmàlà? All I see is just people milling around.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy / How Do I Make My Cakes Last For Weeks / How I Urgently Made a Combination of Crayfish Stew With Eggs.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.