Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,239 members, 7,829,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Many People Are Not Scared Of Marriage But Scared Of - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Many People Are Not Scared Of Marriage But Scared Of (1077 Views)

"We Need Marriage But Men Are Scared To Come"... Pretty Lawyer / I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest / "Before Sex, He Promised Marriage But He Stopped Talking About It Now" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many People Are Not Scared Of Marriage But Scared Of by Yugoslavia247(m): 10:39pm On Nov 25, 2023
A lot of people are not scared of marriage but child bearing.

Most guys minus bride price do husband duties to their girlfriends or lovers.

So tell me what is the fear?

It is not marriage but childbearing.

3 Likes

Re: Many People Are Not Scared Of Marriage But Scared Of by PoliteActivist: 10:57pm On Nov 25, 2023
But that's the purpose of marriage - to force two people to stick around and raise their children, instead of a certain gender disappearing
Re: Many People Are Not Scared Of Marriage But Scared Of by pansophist(m): 11:55pm On Nov 25, 2023
I salute our parents generations.

For many of them, intimacy died long ago, but they stayed committed to making sure that the atmosphere of raising responsible kids was not jeopardized. Many times, they fight and feel like punching each other, but they still stay.

A lot of them were uneducated, stuck with menial jobs, and had no dream of their own, except provide and to live for the next day. Our generations are too soft for that.

Our generation didn't experience the great famine, the 1st or 2nd World War, freed their countries from colonialism, or the industrial revolution. Strong generations in the past gave way to soft generations of the present. That's a perfect recipe for weak-ass mofos who see marriage as one hell of a scary institution.

But again, time has also changed. Men and women have legitimate reasons why they aren't jumping into marriage easily like before.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Many People Are Not Scared Of Marriage But Scared Of by JOACHINpedro: 3:07am On Nov 26, 2023
Op ask yourself the lifespan of an average relationship, 4months. Na there trouble start. We are in for the fun of it. The word companionship had left the building long ago

2 Likes

Re: Many People Are Not Scared Of Marriage But Scared Of by Therock5555(m): 10:20am On Nov 26, 2023
Two years ago, a long time friend from another state visited my house. He told me something that still makes me chuckle anytime I remember it.

"Guy, see your crib, which babe go visit you and she no go wan remain as your wife. See if you wan marry now, na small thing for you, just that, una no go born children for awhile."

It was the plain truth even though I never gave him a definite answer. Me wey multiple girls dey stream in everyday, steady munches and cruise dey, what is hard to convert one of the girls to wife or partner?

Where gbege go start na when pikin enter, now that's a whole lot of burden, I don sign out.

4 Likes

Re: Many People Are Not Scared Of Marriage But Scared Of by DonroxyII: 9:24am On Dec 02, 2023
pansophist:
I salute our parents generations.

For many of them, intimacy died long ago, but they stayed committed to making sure that the atmosphere of raising responsible kids was not jeopardized. Many times, they fight and feel like punching each other, but they still stay.

A lot of them were uneducated, stuck with menial jobs, and had no dream of their own, except provide and to live for the next day. Our generations are too soft for that.

Our generation didn't experience the great famine, the 1st or 2nd World War, freed their countries from colonialism, or the industrial revolution. Strong generations in the past gave way to soft generations of the present. That's a perfect recipe for weak-ass mofos who see marriage as one hell of a scary institution.

But again, time has also changed. Men and women have legitimate reasons why they aren't jumping into marriage easily like before.
Normal Life Runz ....

Most Strong People Usually Birthed Weak Ass Mofos Who doesn't have any reason For Hustles cuz The Silver Spoons are always There to be Milked Anytime, Anywhere & Everywhere!

Meanwhile, Weak Men Usually Birthed Strong Men Especially When You are Hell Bent to Change Your Stories & Break Away From Pains of Poverty & Wretchedness.....

Life is all Mountains & Valley of Good-Sins-Evils .... It's Normal Phenomenon Since Time Immemorial But This is The Generation of Globalisation Powered By Technologies Not Battles-Wars... Of Course, Humanities Will Find it Difficult to Handles But a Time Permits, We Shall Adjust But It will Still Take Generations!

Future Generations Would Respect Marriage Once The Odds of Divorce, Separations, Urchins Hits so deep to The Bone & Blood Marrows .... Even if its going to be By "Legislation" .... They will do Marriage & Raise Responsible Societies......

When they enjoyed that for some time ... They will still go soft again & Lose it all ...

Life is a cycle of Boom & Doom grin ...

We Human can be Funny ... !

1 Like

Re: Many People Are Not Scared Of Marriage But Scared Of by eazzzy1(m): 4:33pm On Dec 02, 2023
For me it’s the difficulty of leaving that is scary. I like the flexibility a relationship provides. You can have 5 ex girlfriends and nobody would bat an eyelash. Imagine someone with 5 ex wives!

I like being able to leave when something isn’t working. If I had to sign a contract of for better or worse with my job, my car dealership, my country or any other institution for that matter it would scare me too.

Imagine having to lawyer up and be judged because you plan to japa for a better life, change your job, or your car.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many People Are Not Scared Of Marriage But Scared Of by pansophist(m): 9:04pm On Dec 02, 2023
DonroxyII:
Normal Life Runz ....

Most Strong People Usually Birthed Weak Ass Mofos Who doesn't have any reason For Hustles cuz The Silver Spoons are always There to be Milked Anytime, Anywhere & Everywhere!

Meanwhile, Weak Men Usually Birthed Strong Men Especially When You are Hell Bent to Change Your Stories & Break Away From Pains of Poverty & Wretchedness.....

Life is all Mountains & Valley of Good-Sins-Evils .... It's Normal Phenomenon Since Time Immemorial But This is The Generation of Globalisation Powered By Technologies Not Battles-Wars... Of Course, Humanities Will Find it Difficult to Handles But a Time Permits, We Shall Adjust But It will Still Take Generations!

Future Generations Would Respect Marriage Once The Odds of Divorce, Separations, Urchins Hits so deep to The Bone & Blood Marrows .... Even if its going to be By "Legislation" .... They will do Marriage & Raise Responsible Societies......

When they enjoyed that for some time ... They will still go soft again & Lose it all ...

Life is a cycle of Boom & Doom grin ...

We Human can be Funny ... !

What you just explained is a concept known as ''eternal recurrence'' in philosophy, which states that time repeats itself in an infinite loop and that the same events will continue to occur in the same way, over and over again, for eternity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_return

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Many People Are Not Scared Of Marriage But Scared Of by DonroxyII: 9:39pm On Dec 02, 2023
pansophist:

What you just explained is a concept known as ''eternal recurrence'' in philosophy, which states that time repeats itself in an infinite loop and that the same events will continue to occur in the same way, over and over again, for eternity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_return

The Caucasians Really did great services to Humanities......

Humanities is Truly on Recycle... With Opportunities to Adjust If You ain't Comfortable With Your Cycle.

The Religion Book Stated That The Cycle will End One day & Everything will continue without opportunities for Adjustments ....

Then That's when Real Eternity Begins !
Re: Many People Are Not Scared Of Marriage But Scared Of by pansophist(m): 10:27pm On Dec 03, 2023
DonroxyII:
The Caucasians Really did great services to Humanities......

Humanities is Truly on Recycle... With Opportunities to Adjust If You ain't Comfortable With Your Cycle.

The Religion Book Stated That The Cycle will End One day & Everything will continue without opportunities for Adjustments ....

Then That's when Real Eternity Begins !

As in eh, I am just shocked that as far as I have thought about many concepts, these Caucasians have delved into it and explained everything in theory.

You just cannot read the works of legends like Carl Jung, Arthur Schopenhauer, and Nietzsche without being baffled by how some people can just understand life so easily like they created the world with God.

And these folks I mentioned are just recent writers in the past two centuries, and the farther you go, you just realize that we are actually not equal at all. Some folks are simply a god.

4 Likes

Re: Many People Are Not Scared Of Marriage But Scared Of by 1Sharon(f): 10:41pm On Dec 03, 2023
You don't have to bear children you know?
Re: Many People Are Not Scared Of Marriage But Scared Of by DonroxyII: 11:04pm On Dec 03, 2023
pansophist:

As in eh, I am just shocked that as far as I have thought about many concepts, these Caucasians have delved into it and explained everything in theory.

You just cannot read the works of legends like Carl Jung, Arthur Schopenhauer, and Nietzsche without being baffled by how some people can just understand life so easily like they created the world with God.

And these folks I mentioned are just recent writers in the past two centuries, and the farther you go, you just realize that we are actually not equal at all. Some folks are simply a god.
Everything is in Our Brain from the First day to the last Day ....

The essence of Humanities to me is to "Unravel the mysteries of the Universes" for the Betterment of Humanities & It's Quite Obvious we can't finished this work in Trillions of Light Years cheesy ... Thus We shall need many Cycles & Recycles to Continue Our work ........

Once you are Operating at Highest Level of Reasonableness, You will Uncover What is Needed for Mankind to Uncover as Far as Your Field of Question is Concerned ....

There is nothing You asked That Shall not be answered across any field nevertheless, There are some axioms that can never beknown to Humanities no matter how much we try .....

I have done much unraveling myself but A visit to Google to test my knowledge, I always meet an article detailing my experience....

Infact, Africa is Far Behind what Nature desires from mankind ... if Not for God & Consequences, Africans would have been Exterminated But The Terminators would pay Huge fine to Nature in the long-run grin

(1) (Reply)

This Is How Women Advise Each Other / Her Brother In-law Raped Her At The Age Of 12... Should She Tell? / Three Things To Avoid When Emailing Your List.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.