Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,748 members, 7,831,386 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Kwara To Tackle Open Defecation With ₦‎200 Million - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Kwara To Tackle Open Defecation With ₦‎200 Million (5967 Views)

Epidemic Looms In Ita'adu Over Open Defecation / Desist From Using Ordinary Water For Hand-washing After Defecation – Unicef Warn / India And Not Nigeria Is The Worlds Capital Of Open Defecation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kwara To Tackle Open Defecation With ₦‎200 Million by Fearyourcreator: 8:44am On Nov 27, 2023
BigDawsNet:

No free education
No free food
Nothing is free in the country...
Nothing even a job

I don't think its bad for the government to create a free public toilet for the citizens... hire people to clean them and pay them....

That's the least they can do for the people...

Unless u feel the government should keep eating and embezzle what belongs to you and your generation.
Nothing is free anywhere, someone is paying or you are paying indirectly

1 Like

Re: Kwara To Tackle Open Defecation With ₦‎200 Million by BigDawsNet: 9:09am On Nov 27, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Nothing is free anywhere, someone is paying or you are paying indirectly

I understand but the free public toilet can be a very good idea to tackle open defecation in Nigeria...

Mostly the homeless are the ones engaging in thus act because they don't hav accommodate or they are less previllegde... when they manage to get a 100 naira to eat...

Are u going to say they will rather use that 100 naira to pay for a toilet to shiit or use that 100 naira to get food for themselves...

Some will rather use the bush than to pay any money... and with that... the problem will still be dere

1 Like

Re: Kwara To Tackle Open Defecation With ₦‎200 Million by itsene: 9:12am On Nov 27, 2023
Just build public restrooms along the highways 50km apart.
Public restrooms in all markets and wherever food is sold.
All transport garages and anywhere with large human traffic.
That will solve the problem if PROPERLY MAINTAINED.
Re: Kwara To Tackle Open Defecation With ₦‎200 Million by BigDawsNet: 9:18am On Nov 27, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

I am working for my money I don't need government free things ... na you dey find free things ... government should build it free and still maintain free ... na your type no dey send una employer so far you getting paid month end , company makes money or not ... una type plenty for this country

What are u saying mehn... this free toilet is not for people like me and you... it's for the homeless... how can you expect a homeless guy that manage to get 100naira from begging or carry load for people in market to use the 100naira to goan pay for public toilet...

It's not possible... the homeless will will rather use the bush or street and eat with his 100naira...

But with free toilet... they can hav access to it anyday..

Your senators are getting SUVs for 150m and you guys feels its okay...

But you guys thinks its wrong for less previllegde Nigerians to have access to free public toilet..

1 Like

Re: Kwara To Tackle Open Defecation With ₦‎200 Million by Zeebuy: 9:26am On Nov 27, 2023
Focusmind:
Indiscipline is a cultural thing in Nigeria. Even if you build expensive water closet system, with Twyford flushing in every street, some people will still abandon it and choose "open air defecation " , instead. The social cost, occassioned by absence of human capital development is enormous. Nigeria is a typical example.

You said same thing Obi said; develop human capital and see everything else fall into place, not just about building infrastructure.

Funny enough, some people attacked him when he said this.hahahahahaha

Nigeria, funny country
Re: Kwara To Tackle Open Defecation With ₦‎200 Million by Zeebuy: 9:27am On Nov 27, 2023
LadyRosa2:
grin

Hopefully it will be contained in kwara.
But any attempt to contain it in Oyo is a waste of government resources, as those yoru there don they use shiit dey screed their walls cheesy cheesy grin.

hahahahahahaha....you no well o
Re: Kwara To Tackle Open Defecation With ₦‎200 Million by Zeebuy: 9:29am On Nov 27, 2023
BigDawsNet:

I understand but the free public toilet can be a very good idea to tackle open defecation in Nigeria...

Mostly the homeless are the ones engaging in thus act because they don't hav accommodate or they are less previllegde... when they manage to get a 100 naira to eat...

Are u going to say they will rather use that 100 naira to pay for a toilet to shiit or use that 100 naira to get food for themselves...

Some will rather use the bush than to pay any money... and with that... the problem will still be dere

This isn't true. I've seen houses in Oyo state, they didn't have toilets. I was shocked. Good thing the house of the person I visited had a toilet though
Re: Kwara To Tackle Open Defecation With ₦‎200 Million by BigDawsNet: 9:35am On Nov 27, 2023
Zeebuy:

This isn't true. I've seen houses in Oyo state, they didn't have toilets. I was shocked. Good thing the house of the person I visited had a toilet though

Still the same.. the less previllegde don't hav access to good toilet not just homeless... if the government charge them to poo... they will rather use the bush or quiet street...
Re: Kwara To Tackle Open Defecation With ₦‎200 Million by Broadmind: 9:37am On Nov 27, 2023
Technical and smart move.
Second term runs as usual.
Lagos self wan repair 3rd mainland bridge.
Other state will soon join.
200Mils oyaa sope otilor.
Re: Kwara To Tackle Open Defecation With ₦‎200 Million by Zeebuy: 9:42am On Nov 27, 2023
BigDawsNet:

Still the same.. the less previllegde don't hav access to good toilet not just homeless... if the government charge them to poo... they will rather use the bush or quiet street...
You have a good point though. It all boils down to re-educating them. A WC might be too expensive for some less-privileged to build and maintain and in that case they can use pit toilets. I can't remember the last time I saw a pit toilet in the East but I know it used to be popular back then in the deep villages.

Anyways, no matter how many toilets are available, people will always do shot put just for novelty sake

1 Like

Re: Kwara To Tackle Open Defecation With ₦‎200 Million by BigDawsNet: 9:43am On Nov 27, 2023
Zeebuy:

You have a good point though. It all boils down to re-educating them. A WC might be too expensive for some less-privileged to build and maintain and in that case they can use pit toilets. I can't remember the last time I saw a pit toilet in the East but I know it used to be popular back then in the deep villages.

Anyways, no matter how many toilets are available, people will always do shot put just for novelty sake

That you can't take away from Nigerians grin

1 Like

Re: Kwara To Tackle Open Defecation With ₦‎200 Million by APOPTOSIS: 10:02am On Nov 27, 2023
How can you tackle something that's Cultural & Innate?
People are coronated because of such....
To them, it's not just a Legacy but epic
Pls. Tell us something else.
Re: Kwara To Tackle Open Defecation With ₦‎200 Million by Fearyourcreator: 11:06am On Nov 27, 2023
BigDawsNet:

What are u saying mehn... this free toilet is not for people like me and you... it's for the homeless... how can you expect a homeless guy that manage to get 100naira from begging or carry load for people in market to use the 100naira to goan pay for public toilet...

It's not possible... the homeless will will rather use the bush or street and eat with his 100naira...

But with free toilet... they can hav access to it anyday..

Your senators are getting SUVs for 150m and you guys feels its okay...

But you guys thinks its wrong for less previllegde Nigerians to have access to free public toilet..
Whats less privilege sef... 100naira ... na that money them dey make daily or what ... many messed their own life up bros .. cut me this emotional thing abeg... how will they . maintain it if it's free ... you can say cheaper fee not free... no be one individual chop 550m for ShopRite 2017 then for another mans business... una too dey do like saint ... normally the government must do their part ... make people too do normal ...
Re: Kwara To Tackle Open Defecation With ₦‎200 Million by Fearyourcreator: 11:08am On Nov 27, 2023
BigDawsNet:

Them go still do am Una still no go dey satisfied...
Re: Kwara To Tackle Open Defecation With ₦‎200 Million by BigDawsNet: 11:34am On Nov 27, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Whats less privilege sef... 100naira ... na that money them dey make daily or what ... many messed their own life up bros .. cut me this emotional thing abeg... how will they . maintain it if it's free ... you can say cheaper fee not free... no be one individual chop 550m for ShopRite 2017 then for another mans business... una too dey do like saint ... normally the government must do their part ... make people too do normal ...

How they messed up dia lives or how they end up on the street shouldn't be an excuse for the government to carry out his or her basic amenities responsibilities to the citizens... even we have innocent people on the streets today because there parents abandoned them when they are little... it's not dia fault...

Government is different from private business.. a privet business or organisation can control dia business anyhow they like... is not like na anybody give dem money to setup up business...

But for government... we the masses elected them... it's dia job to make like easier for all citizens by providing basics amenities..

We have homeless in the US and you will never see them using the bush to poo... because government has created a shelter for them to have dia private wash... this is what Nigerians citizens too deserves...

Poop smell in the bushes or streets are dangerous to human health... and I support the gov to do the right thing to reduce it...
Re: Kwara To Tackle Open Defecation With ₦‎200 Million by Fearyourcreator: 12:20pm On Nov 27, 2023
BigDawsNet:

How they messed up dia lives or how they end up on the street shouldn't be an excuse for the government to carry out his or her basic amenities responsibilities to the citizens... even we have innocent people on the streets today because there parents abandoned them when they are little... it's not dia fault...

Government is different from private business.. a privet business or organisation can control dia business anyhow they like... is not like na anybody give dem money to setup up business...

But for government... we the masses elected them... it's dia job to make like easier for all citizens by providing basics amenities..

We have homeless in the US and you will never see them using the bush to poo... because government has created a shelter for them to have dia private wash... this is what Nigerians citizens too deserves...

Poop smell in the bushes or streets are dangerous to human health... and I support the gov to do the right thing to reduce it...
You elected them , now make them spend money Una no contribute... lolzzzz
Re: Kwara To Tackle Open Defecation With ₦‎200 Million by CrossRhodes: 12:28pm On Nov 27, 2023
The whole south west loves open defecation

Nonsense behaviour
Re: Kwara To Tackle Open Defecation With ₦‎200 Million by BigDawsNet: 12:51pm On Nov 27, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

You elected them , now make them spend money Una no contribute... lolzzzz

You actually need the vote for your rigging to work out.. everyone is saying some people steal power or whatever... if this people don't have the large number of followers... it will be difficult for them to steal the mandate... that's why I said we elected them one way or the other
Re: Kwara To Tackle Open Defecation With ₦‎200 Million by Fearyourcreator: 1:28pm On Nov 27, 2023
BigDawsNet:

You actually need the vote for your rigging to work out.. everyone is saying some people steal power or whatever... if this people don't have the large number of followers... it will be difficult for them to steal the mandate... that's why I said we elected them one way or the other
Well what am trying to say is , people needs contribute their quota... people don't like paying taxes here ... they make money and don't want to pay tax.. those taxes most times benefits the less privilege most ... doing all these things and maintaining is no small money especially to maintain... government can only do these things based on what they generate ... and truth is Nigeria don't have the money to cater for 200m people for us to at do fair ... federal budgets needs to hit at least $500b... state like Lagos shouldn't be having less than $50b yearly State budget... government is a lot of money ... maintaining is highly costly cus you have to pay the workers well...

1 Like

Re: Kwara To Tackle Open Defecation With ₦‎200 Million by dontrulee: 3:34pm On Nov 27, 2023
How?
This isn't an issue that money can solve. They've to educate the communities first and provide clean, adequate and effective toilet services with portable and clean water. If this is done, open defecation will be reduced to the bare minimum
Re: Kwara To Tackle Open Defecation With ₦‎200 Million by gbowoade85142: 4:49pm On Nov 27, 2023
Una dey crase...Una dey crase......

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pre-seed Lubricant/moisturizer: Where Can I Buy One / Itchy Ear? You Might Just Have A Cricket In It... / Nigerians And Voluntary Blood Donation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.