Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,149 members, 7,835,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate (12648 Views)

Lauretta Onochie Confirmed As NDDC Chairman / President Buhari Nominates Lauretta Onochie As NDDC Chairman / Orji Kalu Set To Resume At Senate Tomorrow After 5 Months In Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by Jemex003: 4:34pm On Nov 27, 2023
chiagozien:
That's if you will be alive by then.

Sweet hunger by your side. grin grin

I still see lagoon. grin grin

See this idiot na only other tribe they hungry but no to them and all their useless family will not leave other tribe land. Your uncle is at my junction selling chargers if I don’t buy he’s not eating and your sister selling Puff puff if I don’t buy she’s not going to Igbo land this December. If not hunger Wetin carry them comot for cursed land? 419 people
Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by Sadwaste: 4:37pm On Nov 27, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

poverty region
smelling people
people that cant feed 3 meals a day

will kill all ipob

Lol, we Igbos employ you guys as gatemen and labourers. Your people still live in mud houses even in your state capitals. They're already eating grass and food from dustbin due to extreme poverty.

Igbos will always remain light years ahead of you poverty ridden skull miners.

3 Likes

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by chiagozien(m): 4:47pm On Nov 27, 2023
Jemex003:

See this idiot na only other tribe they hungry but no to them and all their useless family will not leave other tribe land. Your uncle is at my junction selling chargers if I don’t buy he’s not eating and your sister selling Puff puff if I don’t buy she’s not going to Igbo land this December. If not hunger Wetin carry them comot for cursed land? 419 people
I feel your pains grin grin grin

Go thank that my uncle because if he no import cheap charge to sell for you,you won't be online writing none sense. grin grin

I know puff puff is the only thing you have eaten today through the mercy of my sister grin grin

The so called cursed land that foolish people fought for three years Just to continue having them in one country grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by chiagozien(m): 4:51pm On Nov 27, 2023
Occurstaem:

Pele ooo, Mr Reasonable that doesn't know there's oil in South West and the North.

You even take pride in your ignorance.
Yes yoruba has oil soup and your Northern brothers have oil cow grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by AsomughaChuks05: 4:57pm On Nov 27, 2023
This is long overdue. Anambra has even overtaken Abia in crude oil production and sales. It won't be long before Anambra overtakes Imo. For those asking if Anambra is a Niger Delta state, I implore you to visit Ogbaru, Anambra East and Anambra West LGAs where the oil is exploited and see for yourselves the typical NigerDelta terrain with thick mangroves and river tributaries. Communities in these LGAs are on floodplains and also suffer from annual flooding from the River Niger. They deserve to be compensated for feeding the nation with crude oil. Cross River state has no oil and is not in the Niger Delta geographically, yet it is part of the NDDC but Anambra is not. That injustice needs to be corrected.

3 Likes

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by Ofodirinwa: 5:10pm On Nov 27, 2023
Ttipsy:
Almost all SE states has oil

Is that not wonderful?

100% of the SE states have oil. Oil is not about who has it but how much effort it requires to get it. In Imo Abia and now Anambra, it's very easy Ebonyi and Enugu is a little more difficult because of high altitude (more digging), but they have it as well.

Anioma regions of Delta have it too but they're not aware.

3 Likes

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by Danchibez: 5:14pm On Nov 27, 2023
Let's restructure this country bikonu
Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by bixton(m): 5:16pm On Nov 27, 2023
chiedu7:
The whole south east has Oil.
But before the Civil war my aunty that worked for British Petroleum said,
that on their wall chart that the whole of Igboland has oil but was covered up.

Children stories.
So it's only your aunty that worked in BP that has access to this information and also saw where those places oil was found were all closed up.
Please kindly mention those States in Igbo land that oil was found?
So late Ojukwu and Zik of Africa was also privileged to this information and everyone kept quiet......

1 Like

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by Ofodirinwa: 5:17pm On Nov 27, 2023
AsomughaChuks05:
This is long overdue. Anambra has even overtaken Abia in crude oil production and sales. It won't be long before Anambra overtakes Imo. For those asking if Anambra is a Niger Delta state, I implore you to visit Ogbaru, Anambra East and Anambra West LGAs where the oil is exploited and see for yourselves the typical NigerDelta terrain with thick mangroves and river tributaries. Communities in these LGAs are on floodplains and also suffer from annual flooding from the River Niger. They deserve to be compensated for feeding the nation with crude oil. Cross River state has no oil and is not in the Niger Delta geographically, yet it is part of the NDDC but Anambra is not. That injustice needs to be corrected.

That's not true at all.

13% Derivation Amount, 2022
Imo N18.61 Billion
Abia N6.97 Billion
Anambra N4.25 Billion

https://www.thecable.ng/delta-n296bn-akwa-ibom-n222bn-nine-oil-producing-states-shared-n970bn-derivation-fund-in-2022
Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by Ofodirinwa: 5:20pm On Nov 27, 2023
COMPAQ:

Go and look at a map of the delta of the River Niger and ask yourself again if Anambra follow? And answer honestly!! Delta state has a coastline, that is impacted by the delta of River Niger. Meanwhile Anambra state sits above Bayelsa and Imo.

wow, this is a very idiotic take on geography lol.

3 Likes

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by Occurstaem(m): 5:27pm On Nov 27, 2023
chiagozien:
Yes yoruba has oil soup and your Northern brothers have oil cow grin grin
I'm sorry guy.
I let my guard down. I shouldn't have engaged you in discussion. Thanks and bye.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by SpaceTour: 5:35pm On Nov 27, 2023
Ikengawo that was 2022

Ofodirinwa:

That's not true at all.

13% Derivation Amount, 2022
Imo N18.61 Billion
Abia N6.97 Billion
Anambra N4.25 Billion

https://www.thecable.ng/delta-n296bn-akwa-ibom-n222bn-nine-oil-producing-states-shared-n970bn-derivation-fund-in-2022

2 Likes

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by Topmaike007(m): 5:42pm On Nov 27, 2023
Ttipsy:
Almost all SE states has oil

Is that not wonderful?
I will say it is all of them
Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by Dennisochampa: 5:46pm On Nov 27, 2023
chiagozien:
How is your region?

Abi you don't care about it, only care for people you love to hate.
..... Hehe my region? I stay in Lagos and Lagos isn't exactly known for unknown gun men..... So how is my region? Perfectly fine, calm and peaceful.... Meanwhile, your brothers have struck again

1 Like

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by ExudeLoveToAll: 5:59pm On Nov 27, 2023
The whole Nigeria will soon become Niger Delta grin

This funny, that Anambra becomes producer doesn't make it part of NDDC. NEDC should also include other states surffering from insurgency and insecurity like Zamfara, Niger State grin

NDDC was extended to South west and South East , they should extend to North central and North west grin funny country angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by ValarDoharis: 6:02pm On Nov 27, 2023
If PDP has to do everything after taking over from the military, will that not make them perfect?
Apel147:
Why didn't PDP not implement it in their 16yrs in power?

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by ExudeLoveToAll: 6:03pm On Nov 27, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Na waa oo.

NDDC is Totally different from “Oil-Producing States” in meaning and in description naa..

NIGER-DELTA STATES are the States that fall within the DELTA-regions of the River-Niger,, and they have their peculiar Natural and Environmental characteristics, gains and problems..

So tell me..
If Oil is being produced in Kebbi State, does that qualify Kebbi State to be a part of NDDC.??

We must stop accepting NONSENSE in this our Country.

It's time we start asking the right QUESTIONS..

Let the NDDC be the “Development Commission” for the South-South Zone, just the way we have “Development Commissions” for the other Zones..
If there is any zone that doesn't have their own “Development Commission” yet, then their Senators and Reps-Members should push for it..

And then,, let ALL the Oil Producing States Have A new Umbrella Body.. Since it is now very clear that “Oil” is not found ONLY in the Niger-Delta Area.

The whole country is now under Niger Delta basin grin

Funny country made up of educated illiterates in the national assembly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by Jemex003: 6:20pm On Nov 27, 2023
chiagozien:
I feel your pains grin grin grin

Go thank that my uncle because if he no import cheap charge to sell for you,you won't be online writing none sense. grin grin

I know puff puff is the only thing you have eaten today through the mercy of my sister grin grin

The so called cursed land that foolish people fought for three years Just to continue having them in one country grin grin

Tell your family to leave of them born them well I hear say your uncles just gun down today again so watch you might be next to receive gunshot in your empty head. Rip to you all there
Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by chiagozien(m): 6:28pm On Nov 27, 2023
Jemex003:

Tell your family to leave of them born them well I hear say your uncles just gun down today again so watch you might be next to receive gunshot in your empty head. Rip to you all there
Write in yollobar language grin grin
Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by BluntCrazeMan: 6:30pm On Nov 27, 2023
kingsways:

"A delta is an area where a river splits and spreads out into several branches before entering the sea"

The Niger spread enter Anambra, same as she spread enter Delta State. In fact the Niger is the boundary between Anambra and Delta. So, why do you want to include Delta State and not include Anambra?
1. Kogi State and Niger State -- are they supposed to be among the Niger-Delta States??
According to you -- their locations are on the River Niger??

2. Did the River-Niger start to split into “A Delta” around Anambra State??

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by Zeezenho: 6:41pm On Nov 27, 2023
COMPAQ:
Being an oil producing state in itself is not a requirement to be in the NDDC, as Anambra state is not part of the Niger Delta.

Main reason for NDDC existing is because the Niger Delta states had very poor infrastructure due to the difficult terrain, which makes it diffcult to construct, despite contributing a lions share of the countries wealth.

However Anambra state doesn't have that problem because most of the state, if not all of the state, is outside the delta area of the River Niger. So here is really no issue with difficulty in construction there.

But ondo state is niger delta and have terrain problem?

1 Like

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by Jemex003: 6:48pm On Nov 27, 2023
chiagozien:
Write in yollobar language grin grin

E go make sense to write it in igbo IPOB slowpoke people

1 Like

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by fabolouz1(m): 6:49pm On Nov 27, 2023
Very silly moves , so oil is found is a northern state ,that makes them a member of nddc?
Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by Ttipsy(f): 7:16pm On Nov 27, 2023
Ofodirinwa:

100% of the SE states have oil. Oil is not about who has it but how much effort it requires to get it. In Imo Abia and now Anambra, it's very easy Ebonyi and Enugu is a little more difficult because of high altitude (more digging), but they have it as well.

Anioma regions of Delta have it too but they're not aware.
impressive
Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by Menclothing: 7:42pm On Nov 27, 2023
Ondo
Edo
Imo
Anambra
Lagos

All should be included

Arrange with production capacity
Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by Hawkler: 7:48pm On Nov 27, 2023
The problem is not the resources but the peace that coexisted between South-Eastern. The chaotic killing can't allow further exploration & rapid development. Exodus of Easterners are moving their business to Lagos after all not their faults if one has to judge. The security is choking the economy, corp members are redeploying to North Central & South West.
The problem is not the resources but the lives of the people who will benefit from it. Even if given Biafra Ipod will still divide into fractions and still be causing mayhem because of superiority, regional control, etc...just like guerrilla fighters. SE used to be a destination for the holiday season, but not now because the center can't hold it again.
Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by yommen: 7:56pm On Nov 27, 2023
chiagozien:
Yorubas and Northerners that has no single drop of oil will tell you Igbos want South south Oil.

Me just dey wonder what Yoruba and Northerners want from South south.

Are you this dumb? Before you make comments, try to do a little Google search so that you don't keep disgracing yourself because you just want to show off.

The Quantity of oil in Lagos alone is 13,000 bpd more than the quantity in the whole of SE not to talk of Ondo. The Quantity of oil in SW more than triples what you have in SE. See, Yorubas are not where you think they are o. Just because they don't boast like you do doesn't mean dem no get value o. Yorubas are far worth more than you think o.

1. Akwa Ibom – 504,000 barrels per day (1st)
2. Delta – 346,000 bpd (2nd)
3. Rivers – 344,000 bpd (3rd)
4. Bayelsa – 290,000 bpd (4th)
5. Ondo – 60,000 bpd (5th)
6. Lagos – 40,000 bpd (6th)
7. Edo – 33,000 bpd (7th)
8. Imo – 17, 000 bpd (8th)
9. Abia – 11,000 bpd (9th)

https://infoguidenigeria.com/oil-producing-states/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by yommen: 8:01pm On Nov 27, 2023
Sadwaste:
But Lagos the perennial propagandists claimed was already out producing with 50,000 barrels per day production, is yet to be accredited as oil producing grin

Dumbos think everything is achieved with senseless lies and stupid propaganda.

It's quite unfortunate that your education now sounds like a waste of time because you can't afford to do a little research before you comment. Lagos no join NDDC mean say dem no dey produce the oil?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by Kilometres: 8:09pm On Nov 27, 2023
CrossRhodes:

No oil, only water in lagos

Google is your friend. Ignoramus

The highest oil producing state in Nigeria is Akwa-ibom... their oil is from the water (sea)
Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by Kilometres: 8:13pm On Nov 27, 2023
Sadwaste:

Lagos should be added as what? Which local government in Lagos is oil drilled? After lying endlessly the reality has now slapped you guys in the face cheesy cheesy

All oil producing states must have a meeting and force oil companies drilling in their states to relocate their head offices to the oil producing states or be forced to leave. Lagos is just reaping where it did not sow by collecting billions as tax from those oil company head offices.

Ignoramus.

If you add all the oil produce by South-Easten States together, it is not up to what is gotten from Ondo state.

Which explains why Ondo gets more than all the southeast state from the 13% derivation fund.

Google is your friend.

1 Like

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by Teenaira: 9:47pm On Nov 27, 2023
zuchyblink:
The gas reserve in Imo state is bigger than Nigeria's total oil reserve

Yes, you are always right.
Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by XAUBulls: 10:44pm On Nov 27, 2023
Occurstaem:

I guess to you Ondo State that is already part of NDDC oil producing state is in Benin Republic abi.
Indeed... Ondo State produces more crude oil and gas onshore and offshore via Ilajeland than all the South Eastern states' combined production. This can be gleaned from oil exploration and production data online.

Second, even Benin Republic has crude oil and gas offshore. The crude oil-rich Dahomey Basin runs from Benin Republic to Lagos State and it is within this region that Yinka Folawiyo Petroleum Limited and their associates first struck oil and a huge quantum of gas onshore and offshore Lagos State in the late 1990s. Ibeju-Lekki, Badagry are parts of Lagos State that oil and gas was found during exploration back in the 1996 especially from the Aje-1 oil field located within the Oil Mining Lease (OML113).

Further reading:
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/threads/yinka-folawiyo-partners-hit-commercial-oil-discovery-in-lagos.819692/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jonathan Suspends The Minister Responsible For Internal Security / Arrest Me If My Convoy Break Traffic Rules – Amosun Tells New TRACE Boss / Buhari Congratulates Pantami On CIISEC Fellowship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.