Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,152 members, 7,835,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate (12649 Views)

Lauretta Onochie Confirmed As NDDC Chairman / President Buhari Nominates Lauretta Onochie As NDDC Chairman / Orji Kalu Set To Resume At Senate Tomorrow After 5 Months In Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by TrustNone: 3:02pm On Nov 27, 2023
igwebuike01:

Anambra is sitting on the Niger unlike Akwa ibom and Ondo who has nothing to do the Niger
yet it is not an oil producing state.
Do you even know what Niger Delta means?
If I call you a fool now mods will ban me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by Onyiiobi7735(m): 3:04pm On Nov 27, 2023
grin grin Igbophobic idiots won't be happy with this and are already sobbing.From sobbing,they burst into weeping, and from weeping to WAILING.
They will wail till they can wail no more, with blood shot eyes.
The animal hatred of Igbophobes can't stop Anambra state moving forward.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by COMPAQ(m): 3:06pm On Nov 27, 2023
Being an oil producing state in itself is not a requirement to be in the NDDC, as Anambra state is not part of the Niger Delta.

Main reason for NDDC existing is because the Niger Delta states had very poor infrastructure due to the difficult terrain, which makes it diffcult to construct, despite contributing a lions share of the countries wealth.

However Anambra state doesn't have that problem because most of the state, if not all of the state, is outside the delta area of the River Niger. So here is really no issue with difficulty in construction there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by Jemex003: 3:07pm On Nov 27, 2023
chiagozien:
Yorubas and Northerners that has no single drop of oil will tell you Igbos want South south Oil.

Me just dey wonder what Yoruba and Northerners want from South south.

See this mumu this one in Ondo is your father blood abi? The one discovered in North is your mother urine abi?

South Korea don’t have oil and they’re doing fine

SE get Oil are they feeling fine?

Oil in SE is cursed that’s why people from there hurting themselves. Even you wey u dey talk your village fit not get water talk less of oil and making stupid mouth here

4 Likes

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by COMPAQ(m): 3:08pm On Nov 27, 2023
TrustNone:
you lack sense

Honestly ehn. The poor logical reasoning of Nigerians amazes me at times. How did coal enter this discussion now??

Most Nigerians are literate, but not a lot are educated cos the quality of reasoning, particularly Nairaland is very poor. Twitter is a bit better, but even then....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by viodemus: 3:10pm On Nov 27, 2023
The truth is that all the states in the great region has oil and gas, and also other very vital resources.

Instead of trying to get acknowledged in Nigeria, the igbos should find out how to have a continuous leadership, and how to run a respectful and disciplined society, that is fair for all.

These kinds of acknowledgement is not reasonable. They acknowledge you, then they negotiate who they will sell it to, then they take the money and go do massive capital projects outside of the region, while they flood the great region with their planned tribal sham forces; Then they create instability in the great region, and show the foreigners why you are incapable of being trusted or responsible, then the foreigners see reason in that, then give them cash, weapons, and training, to make them capable to protect their investments. Meanwhile, the foreigners wish you were mature enough to handle business and make their investments more secure.

Igbos need to get more mature, and not use the Nigerian regions to judge their maturity level. Use successful, hardworking, and discipline oriented nations to judge maturity. Everyone should be free with respect for others, educated populace (not just a school thing - especially the overhyped university education).

Igbos need consistent and long term wisdom, if not, the next generation of igbos will be even more fool*sh, doomed to slavery - not just by foreigners but also by stark illiterates in Nigeria. Illiterates that don't want to progress but only remain like yemen. No future people.
It is sweet to always take the eastern resources and give the igbos pain and suffering.

In the sham forces, they purposely block the igbos out - why should the north or sw have more people than the igbos in a real security forces. Why can't they say, we are going to do 85% of investments in the SE, afterall, the other places have been focused on for too long. If not for oil and gas wealth, what will Lagos be using as collateral; - it is because of the insurance of oil and gas resources that the FG can back them up with, that makes foreigners invest there, even though the british and the portugese before them, had already laid the foundation of commercial area.

Igbos should be peaceful, but if we don't try to fight like Ukraine, against the oppression, it would get even worse. Imagine that the islamic arabian north had a quarter of the resources, we know that they would have made sure that the resources are under their control or even if they compromise, they would have made sure that 90% of the resources will be spent on their infrastructure alone.

Igbos also need to ask the hard questions, and straighten out their solutions. We are a lot of people in a small land; we need to have an educated, law abiding, and secure society; so it needs creativity. We can't all have mansions, so land and housing need to be creatively resolved. There are also indigenous igbos in Delta and Rivers that if Nigeria breaks up totally, will be absorbed into the east, then the igbos world wide and Nigeria wide should be planned for, they also need to be absorbed. There is no way, that the igbos should be broke and pitiful, Chineke gozi ri I gozi. There will be so much jobs, that the next generation will be complaining of immigrants coming in, just to get jobs that the ajebo igbos don't want to do; knowing that, we can condition their minds through foresight, by having creative ways to keep them disciplined, and not condescending, very respectful to all Africans but very strong against aggressors.

Igbos have a lot of work and reflections to do.
The current state of immaturity is not going to help at all. Giving the igbo future to hateful tribalist in Nigeria to shape, is not going to help anybody. 50 years from now, igbos then will be complaining about the same thing then.

If the igbos want to block the financial tap, due to very hateful tribal and religious discrimination, who can blame the tribe.

If Ukraine was just begging, where will they be today. If Ukraine had ran away like Afghanistan weak leader, where will they be today. If Israel had cried and said God will judge hamas, by now, hamas would have killed 1500 or more everyday. If America wasn't bold enough, the British will still be ruling it. If india, china, Zimbabwe, didn't fight for independence, they would have been stuck as pre independence people. If the british did not fight the Roman's, things would have been different. There are many more examples and inspirations.

Igbos need to value societal peace, harmony, and prosperity, but should not shy away from having a blueprint to chart its own path. They don't want to include igbos in all spheres of the national sectors. Is that one a country? We like Israel, America, UK, etc they like the terrorists; is that one a reasonable place?

2 Likes

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by Henry22(m): 3:24pm On Nov 27, 2023
Ttipsy:
Almost all SE states has oil

Is that not wonderful?

This your comment will cause serious heart attack to so many of our waste brothers.
Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by Timetravel88: 3:27pm On Nov 27, 2023
SoNature:
While Edwin Clark is saying that membership of the NDDC should be limited to the S/South states, those in power are making efforts to include more states. The only thing that will solve this problem is true federalism/total resource control.

Haha, I hope you know that Cross River is a so called "South South" state without Oil wells. It is also the only member of the NDDC that is non oil producing.
Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by kingsways: 3:35pm On Nov 27, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Na waa oo.

NDDC is Totally different from “Oil-Producing States” in meaning and in description naa..

NIGER-DELTA STATES are the States that fall within the DELTA-regions of the River-Niger,, and they have their peculiar Natural and Environmental characteristics, gains and problems..

So tell me..
If Oil is being produced in Kebbi State, does that qualify Kebbi State to be a part of NDDC.??

We must stop accepting NONSENSE in this our Country.

It's time we start asking the right QUESTIONS..

Let the NDDC be the “Development Commission” for the South-South Zone, just the way we have “Development Commissions” for the other Zones..
If there is any zone that doesn't have their own “Development Commission” yet, then their Senators and Reps-Members should push for it..

And then,, let ALL the Oil Producing States Have A new Umbrella Body.. Since it is now very clear that “Oil” is not found ONLY in the Niger-Delta Area.

Oga everyone knows that River Niger pass through Anambra well, if that is not Niger Delta, what is

3 Likes

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by Occurstaem(m): 3:38pm On Nov 27, 2023
chiagozien:
Yorubas and Northerners that has no single drop of oil will tell you Igbos want South south Oil.

This is exactly what brought me in this thread.
I'm not surprised by the comments from you and your kinfolks.

2 Likes

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by Occurstaem(m): 3:41pm On Nov 27, 2023
Achor1111:
Waste people won't like it
I guess to you Ondo State that is already part of NDDC oil producing state is in Benin Republic abi.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by Apel147(m): 3:44pm On Nov 27, 2023
Why didn't PDP not implement it in their 16yrs in power?

ValarDoharis:
APC promised with no intention of fulfilling it. Its just to win elections

1 Like

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by BluntCrazeMan: 3:45pm On Nov 27, 2023
kingsways:

Oga everyone knows that River Niger pass through Anambra well, if that is not Niger Delta, what is
I need you to tell me what “Niger-Delta” means,, and what “along the bank of River Niger” means..

Find the true meaning of A DELTA.

Then come back and teach me more about it.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by chiagozien(m): 3:46pm On Nov 27, 2023
Occurstaem:

This is exactly what brought me in this thread.
I'm not surprised by the comments from you and your kinfolks.
CAn you answer the question I asked.

Try clear me, what do you people want from South south?
Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by chiagozien(m): 3:47pm On Nov 27, 2023
Jemex003:

See this mumu this one in Ondo is your father blood abi? The one discovered in North is your mother urine abi?

South Korea don’t have oil and they’re doing fine

SE get Oil are they feeling fine?

Oil in SE is cursed that’s why people from there hurting themselves. Even you wey u dey talk your village fit not get water talk less of oil and making stupid mouth here
You can say it without crying 😂😂

Answer the question I asked grin grin
Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by chiagozien(m): 3:48pm On Nov 27, 2023
Kaiser20:

But Osogbo and Ogbomoso get Oyel naa.
You mean oil in Egwusi soup?

1 Like

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by Occurstaem(m): 3:51pm On Nov 27, 2023
chiagozien:
CAn you answer the question I asked.

Try clear me, what do you people want from South south?
Of course you will get a reply when you come to reality with the bolded in your former comment below. 👇👇👇

chiagozien:

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by chiagozien(m): 3:51pm On Nov 27, 2023
brynez:

What an ignoramus fellow, so ondo is what...
Some of you lot just come here and sprout rubbish without proper knowledge.
Shut up hypocrites.

When you people always accusing Igbos of wanting South south Oil (even when all Igbo land have oil) What does it make you people.

Even the Ondo you mentioned na ijaw part get the oil.

No single oil in Yoruba land.

2 Likes

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by chiagozien(m): 3:53pm On Nov 27, 2023
Occurstaem:

Of course you will get a reply when you come to reality with the bolded in your former comment below.

Keep your reply you have nothing reasonable to say
Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by chiagozien(m): 3:55pm On Nov 27, 2023
Dennisochampa:
As usual, unknown gun men wen no get sense no go allow the region develop just the way militants and greed didn't allow Niger delta develop....
I just hope the igbos will have sense... Enough to see that Simon ekpa is using them to destroy their land.
The goat go Finland go hide.... Dey make gullible youths destroy their own land... Killing people and destroying infrastructures.
May God help the east and indeed all Nigeria....
How is your region?

Abi you don't care about it, only care for people you love to hate.

1 Like

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by Jemex003: 4:02pm On Nov 27, 2023
chiagozien:
You can say it without crying 😂😂

Answer the question I asked grin grin

Your wailing has no end but I can help you after 8yrs
Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by zuchyblink(m): 4:05pm On Nov 27, 2023
The gas reserve in Imo state is bigger than Nigeria's total oil reserve

1 Like

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by chiagozien(m): 4:05pm On Nov 27, 2023
Jemex003:

Your wailing has no end but I can help you after 8yrs
That's if you will be alive by then.

Sweet hunger by your side. grin grin

I still see lagoon. grin grin
Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by kingsways: 4:07pm On Nov 27, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
I need you to tell me what “Niger-Delta” means,, and what “along the bank of River Niger” means..

Find the true meaning of A DELTA.

Then come back and teach me more about it.

"A delta is an area where a river splits and spreads out into several branches before entering the sea"

The Niger spread enter Anambra, same as she spread enter Delta State. In fact the Niger is the boundary between Anambra and Delta. So, why do you want to include Delta State and not include Anambra?

3 Likes

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by omooje1(m): 4:08pm On Nov 27, 2023
Rubbish, they should add them to palm oil commission.
Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by Occurstaem(m): 4:18pm On Nov 27, 2023
chiagozien:
Keep your reply you have nothing reasonable to say
Pele ooo, Mr Reasonable that doesn't know there's oil in South West and the North.

You even take pride in your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by SpaceTour: 4:18pm On Nov 27, 2023
The guy is an illiterate. Keep educating him

kingsways:

"A delta is an area where a river splits and spreads out into several branches before entering the sea"

The Niger spread enter Anambra, same as she spread enter Delta State. In fact the Niger is the boundary between Anambra and Delta. So, why do you want to include Delta State and not include Anambra?

2 Likes

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by Obyangel: 4:19pm On Nov 27, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

make dem no add ibo jor

nothing for ipob

grin your head dey der bro
Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by COMPAQ(m): 4:20pm On Nov 27, 2023
kingsways:

Go and look at a map of the delta of the River Niger and ask yourself again if Anambra follow? And answer honestly!! Delta state has a coastline, that is impacted by the delta of River Niger. Meanwhile Anambra state sits above Bayelsa and Imo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by ezechi24(m): 4:22pm On Nov 27, 2023
Ttipsy:
Almost all SE states has oil

Is that not wonderful?

I'm telling you ....imo state should have more oil than even rivers state, the way they scattered the oil producing areas in imo and awarded them to rivers state is criminal.

1 Like

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by zuchyblink(m): 4:25pm On Nov 27, 2023
In Enugu you can strike gas while drilling borehole

1 Like

Re: Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate by COMPAQ(m): 4:33pm On Nov 27, 2023
zuchyblink:
In Enugu you can strike gas while drilling borehole

If Enugu is as gas prolific as you suggest, then the past Governors have been sleeping!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gbajabiamila: Secret To Tinubu’s Political Success Are The Ties He Built In 1992 / FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District / Southwest Myopia: A Case Of The Frog In Water.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.