Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

70 Percent Of Nigerians Are Poverty Stricken – Wole Olanipekun - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 70 Percent Of Nigerians Are Poverty Stricken – Wole Olanipekun (16770 Views)

PEPT: Why Did Wole Olanipekun Ignore Osun Ruling To Quote Shagari Ruling Of 1979 / Meet Wole Olanipekun; Tinubu's Lead Counsel At The Presidential Tribunal / Wole Olanipekun, 49 Others To Defend Tinubu At Electoral Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Are Poverty Stricken – Wole Olanipekun by joyandfaith: 11:53am On Nov 27, 2023
tctrills:

Yes because Buhari and Tinubu are lawyers

You are a shallow thinker
Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Are Poverty Stricken – Wole Olanipekun by tctrills: 11:54am On Nov 27, 2023
joyandfaith:

You are a shallow thinker
No sir you clearly did not think this through before typing. And no need for insults just learn to think before typing. Have a blessed day

2 Likes

Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Are Poverty Stricken – Wole Olanipekun by writeprof(m): 11:56am On Nov 27, 2023
PDJT:
-So this man is from Ikere Ekiti? That place is an epitome of poverty. When I last went there, the only storey building was a mud-house built by a photographer from Benin.

-Yoruber people should stop abandoning their villages. What I saw there was an eyesore. No toilets in most of the "houses". School self mchew!

Truly The state of professionals and professors! Afe Babalolas, Niyi Osundares, Olanipekuns
Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Are Poverty Stricken – Wole Olanipekun by Rufai1314(m): 12:00pm On Nov 27, 2023
Well said sir, looking at the comments section. I can say boldly that most Nigeria are idiots.
Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Are Poverty Stricken – Wole Olanipekun by joyandfaith: 12:02pm On Nov 27, 2023
tctrills:

No sir you clearly did not think this through before typing. And no need for insults just learn to think before typing. Have a blessed day

Let me explain. No nation can prosper without peace and justice. Our judiciary system is a joke. Some lawyers like wole are making a fortune from high profile political and corruption cases. Who are those paying them? Corrupt politicians are using common treasury to feed lawyers. That is the reason for mantra 'let us meet in the court'.
There is no integrity in bar and bench. Do you think politicians who bribe inec, police and judiciary to attain power will care about people.

2 Likes

Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Are Poverty Stricken – Wole Olanipekun by Segzy19: 12:02pm On Nov 27, 2023
Say something else.... What you have said is a lie

PDJT:
-So this man is from Ikere Ekiti? That place is an epitome of poverty. When I last went there, the only storey building was a mud-house built by a photographer from Benin.

-Yoruber people should stop abandoning their villages. What I saw there was an eyesore. No toilets in most of the "houses". School self mchew!
Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Are Poverty Stricken – Wole Olanipekun by donmik: 12:07pm On Nov 27, 2023
I don't think he said this cos he is an APC defendant
Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Are Poverty Stricken – Wole Olanipekun by ufotunang: 12:14pm On Nov 27, 2023
The poverty which is caused by APC since 2015 they resumed power

2 Likes

Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Are Poverty Stricken – Wole Olanipekun by benjaminlawson(m): 12:15pm On Nov 27, 2023
Our president and governors are still wasting our money going abroad to look for investor, which investor will come to poverty striking society, even our local businesses are folding up because of lack purchasing power with citizens. Our politicians are sharing billions among themselves but are sharing 8,000 naira to the people. God will deliver the masses from their wicked activities.
Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Are Poverty Stricken – Wole Olanipekun by Mvnster: 12:27pm On Nov 27, 2023
meum:
Our leaders are responsible. If we decide to seek legal redress on certain issues that led to the percentage you quoted you will defend them in court if they approach you. No point telling us. We know this already.
Your statement is contradictory sir, are you blaming the leaders or those who defend them?
Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Are Poverty Stricken – Wole Olanipekun by Otolomo1(m): 12:28pm On Nov 27, 2023
See lies .... What do you really gain from this lie.... A town that was blessed with university (state own university)
PDJT:

Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Are Poverty Stricken – Wole Olanipekun by gaspology(m): 12:29pm On Nov 27, 2023
I thought this man led lawyers to defend Tinubu's rigging at the Presidential Election Tribunal? So after collecting your share of the loot, you are now aware people are living on poverty level? God go judge all of una

1 Like

Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Are Poverty Stricken – Wole Olanipekun by loffyloffy: 12:32pm On Nov 27, 2023
PDJT:

You must have visited the place in 1960 , when you were still a sperm
Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Are Poverty Stricken – Wole Olanipekun by oyeb15: 12:33pm On Nov 27, 2023
This man is an ardent defender of political criminals
Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Are Poverty Stricken – Wole Olanipekun by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:36pm On Nov 27, 2023
Who him dey tell?
Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Are Poverty Stricken – Wole Olanipekun by Thinktwicemybro: 12:43pm On Nov 27, 2023
PDJT:

It is witch craft that made them poor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Are Poverty Stricken – Wole Olanipekun by tctrills: 12:49pm On Nov 27, 2023
joyandfaith:

Let me explain. No nation can prosper without peace and justice. Our judiciary system is a joke. Some lawyers like wole are making a fortune from high profile political and corruption cases. Who are those paying them? Corrupt politicians are using common treasury to feed lawyers. That is the reason for mantra 'let us meet in the court'.
There is no integrity in bar and bench. Do you think politicians who bribe inec, police and judiciary to attain power will care about people.
Yes our judicial system is a joke but you should learn to differentiate between that and lawyers.
In every country lawyers are allowed to defend their clients corrupt or not. In fact, that's the mark of a fair legal system.
Everyone should have the right to a defence so I see no reason for you to blame the failure of the Nigerian state of lawyers as if lawyers in every other country are not the same.
Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Are Poverty Stricken – Wole Olanipekun by Oneday82: 12:51pm On Nov 27, 2023
PDJT:

You are very correct. No lies. I served there 15 years ago, When I got to ikere, I couldn't believe my eyes, I was like is this Nigeria? I immediately worked for my redeployment back to Ado... Ado is not even better, but the most especially has developed their capital to a level you can see good Houses with toilet. But, Ekiti people don't build toilet they prefer SHORT-PUT. Development is far from them. Wonder what those professors are doing

1 Like

Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Are Poverty Stricken – Wole Olanipekun by Oneday82: 12:58pm On Nov 27, 2023
treesun:

https://dailypost.ng/2023/11/27/70-percent-of-nigerians-are-poverty-stricken-wole-olanipekun/

Am not surprised... Ekiti is one state that hates the igbos with passion and they don't hide it. Serving as a corper in the state in 2006, really open my eyes. The extent of poverty in Ekiti is second to non. I will rate the poverty level in Ekiti to 95%. They don't do anything aside civil service and few of them are famers. Ahhh, most houses in Ekiti don't ha e toilet and there are proud of it. They lack exposure and that is one of their problems. Ekiti rank among the states in Nigeria with the highest Professors, yet you can't see a prove to that. It's hard to see a family in Ekiti that doesn't have a Professor. My experience in that state was never good at all. May God help them see light.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Are Poverty Stricken – Wole Olanipekun by remiopash: 1:00pm On Nov 27, 2023
swaggerjack:
Nigeria has the most evil, wicked, corrupt and occultic leaders in the world.

Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Are Poverty Stricken – Wole Olanipekun by Realist777: 1:05pm On Nov 27, 2023
treesun:

https://dailypost.ng/2023/11/27/70-percent-of-nigerians-are-poverty-stricken-wole-olanipekun/
Olani wetin?
Person wey fit defend anything talking about "transfer of aggression"?
He can't be serious!
Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Are Poverty Stricken – Wole Olanipekun by Halo22: 1:11pm On Nov 27, 2023
U are right Sir but unfortunately, you defended the progenitors of the poverty in ur legal defence, so need crying over the milk u helped in spilling.

2 Likes

Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Are Poverty Stricken – Wole Olanipekun by Tochi3(m): 1:15pm On Nov 27, 2023
..but you are defending bullion vans without histoty, Name, certificate , a cocain addict after stealing the mandate of the so called 70% of Nigerians to become president ba..

This man is one of the major problems in Nigeria. Nö integrity, no shame

3 Likes

Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Are Poverty Stricken – Wole Olanipekun by Fearyourcreator: 1:39pm On Nov 27, 2023
Matrix137:
Not far from the truth

Right now i honestly don't know where my next meal will come from cos no hope. But Jesus is king still.

Someone please help me out with any amount to buy foodstuffs please. I'm starving cry

07 25 00 93 40 access bank Emeka
Igbos dey beg for food online, chei
Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Are Poverty Stricken – Wole Olanipekun by Solsix(m): 1:42pm On Nov 27, 2023
PDJT:

They are all here claiming lagosians

1 Like

Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Are Poverty Stricken – Wole Olanipekun by mbos: 1:54pm On Nov 27, 2023
1TrippleCee:
70% is far from reality Sir. Atleast 85% of Nigerians are one serious sickness away from total poverty and death

by UN standard it is living on less than $4 per day.. ie... 4k per child and per adult which translate having over 97% in abject poverty heading of the state of fatal penury.....hence there is need for people to rise up and end this endless parambulation

1 Like

Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Are Poverty Stricken – Wole Olanipekun by 1TrippleCee: 2:04pm On Nov 27, 2023
mbos:

by UN standard it is living on less than $4 per day.. ie... 4k per child and per adult which translate having over 97% in abject poverty heading of the state of fatal penury.....hence there is need for people to rise up and end this endless parambulation

4k per child. Most Nigerians are on 1-1,500 per day. The citizens need to rise and revolut or continue this march to the grave.
Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Are Poverty Stricken – Wole Olanipekun by MrColdsweat: 2:10pm On Nov 27, 2023
PDJT:

The poverty in ekiti is the highest in the world. I almost cried. Most buildings look like they could collapse any second.

3 Likes

Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Are Poverty Stricken – Wole Olanipekun by MrColdsweat: 2:12pm On Nov 27, 2023
FOOTSOLDIER2:
Haaaa, and na you still join supreme court to enforce Tinimbum the Chicago drug war lord on millions of already poverty ridden Nigerians from the same APC Buhari led terrorist group government.

Yoruba and hypocrisy na 5&6
Shameless hypocrisy is a fundamental trait in yoruba culture.

1 Like

Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Are Poverty Stricken – Wole Olanipekun by Godmademan(m): 2:25pm On Nov 27, 2023
And by defending his paymaster in court, he was able to pull himself further away from that 70%

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Are Poverty Stricken – Wole Olanipekun by seguno2: 2:27pm On Nov 27, 2023
PDJT:

It’s the school matter that is the most painful, for a state like Ekiti.
Re: 70 Percent Of Nigerians Are Poverty Stricken – Wole Olanipekun by seguno2: 2:28pm On Nov 27, 2023
MrColdsweat:

Shameless hypocrisy is a fundamental trait in yoruba culture.

Please in what culture is shameless hypocrisy not a fundamental trait

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

IBB Shuns Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections In Niger / Bookshop Razed In Akure As Petrol Hidden By Owner Caught Fire By Neighbors Stove / Igbo Community In Delta Endorses Okowa For Second Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.