Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,084 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? (17202 Views)

How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. / Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong / Getting Angry At Work, Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by FuckingMachine: 3:29pm On Nov 27, 2023
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by fmlala: 3:29pm On Nov 27, 2023
useless question
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by sajiwere(m): 3:30pm On Nov 27, 2023
The question of OP is, will something be wrong for not doing it?

quote author=IboHausaYoruba post=127193333]Hmmn! I think this has to do with norms and tradition. Nothing wrong doing it.[/quote]
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by naturefellow(m): 3:30pm On Nov 27, 2023
thesicilian:
Respect is reciprocal. How one chooses to show his or her gratitude is personal. If one person kneels to collect certificate and the next one decides not to, it's no big deal. Where it now becomes an issue is if everyone is forced - physically or psychologically - to kneel just because the first person chose to do so.
doesn't imply you should be primitive or traditional. You're not a apprentice to local medicine man in a remote village.
Emancipate your mind!
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by DDIA: 3:30pm On Nov 27, 2023
All these primitive people with primitive mentality.

Any gullible person should not only kneel, they should also lie down face flat.

Nonsense garnished with spicy ingredients.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by BlackhatMentor: 3:30pm On Nov 27, 2023
It's the culture.

You won't lose any of your body parts by kneeling to collect your certificate.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by naturefellow(m): 3:31pm On Nov 27, 2023
Tajbol4splend:
Yes, it's good to show honour to those from whom you learn, it is white people who have no courtesy culture, let's not try to be like them
when you are presented your Bachelor's or Master's degree certificate on graduation, kneel before the VC in your gown and before the camera. Okay? wink

May we be emancipated from servitude and fake humility!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by thesicilian: 3:32pm On Nov 27, 2023
naturefellow:
doesn't imply you should be primitive or traditional. You're not a apprentice to local medicine man in a remote village.
Emancipate your mind!
What are you talking about?
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by sucess001(m): 3:32pm On Nov 27, 2023
Governor dey kneel for President... Who con be trainee
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by eliwa47(m): 3:32pm On Nov 27, 2023
CAPITAL NO! undecided
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by DDIA: 3:33pm On Nov 27, 2023
blackmantis:
If learning sewing or carpentry yes.

May you and your generations to come continue to reason like this.

Amen. grin
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by DDIA: 3:33pm On Nov 27, 2023
sucess001:
Governor dey kneel for President... Who con be trainee
Foolish governor.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by naturefellow(m): 3:34pm On Nov 27, 2023
thesicilian:

What are you talking about?
Read and learn
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by Lukuluku69(m): 3:35pm On Nov 27, 2023
julybaba:
What’s your take on this

Is it right or wrong for the trainee to kneel before collecting her certificate?

Let’s hear it 🤔

Rubbish Practice.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by qtguru(m): 3:35pm On Nov 27, 2023
julybaba:
What’s your take on this

Is it right or wrong for the trainee to kneel before collecting her certificate?

Let’s hear it 🤔

Kneel ke, that's for women.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by mukthar2000(m): 3:37pm On Nov 27, 2023
The style is too local, they should make it little advance.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by thesicilian: 3:38pm On Nov 27, 2023
naturefellow:
Read and learn
naturefellow:
my words were in clear in English. You rather work on your comprehension skills.
Sorry I asked. I thought you'll be able to clarify what you meant but maybe it's just your nature not to make sense.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by Tonytonex(m): 3:39pm On Nov 27, 2023
naturefellow:
when you are given your Bachelor's or Master's degree certificate on graduation, kneel before the VC in your gown. Okay?
na villager him be

1 Like

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by naturefellow(m): 3:41pm On Nov 27, 2023
thesicilian:

Sorry I asked. I thought you'll be able to clarify what you meant but maybe it's just your nature not to make sense.
my words were in clear in English. You rather work on your comprehension skills.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 27, 2023
It is inconsequential. Afterall, the one who rules over the most populous nation in africa has knee problems and fake certificates.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by ComeToJesus: 3:46pm On Nov 27, 2023
It shows the egoistic mindset of the trainer. Did she train her for free?

Me I no kuku want all that showy respect or honour.

Even Jesus came to serve and not to be served..
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by Blitzking: 3:48pm On Nov 27, 2023
julybaba:
What’s your take on this

Let’s hear it 🤔
Except the skills acquired will fetch me 1 million naira daily
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by Slurity(m): 3:48pm On Nov 27, 2023
Yes, it is culture to Africa and stop fighting all your culture and glorifying foreign culture. You see nothing wrong in wearing wedding gown and suit for weddings and you think kneeling is not necessary? Its actually for the picture and not for the collection of cert really, its just a sign to prevent future argument or confusion, You can easily spot the boss in the picture easily. Some people can mistake the trainee for boss in some situation, you will not know who is giving or receiving the cert.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by Karleb(m): 3:56pm On Nov 27, 2023
Yup.

It's tradition especially when they are younger.

It's like how they throw a manager in the air or spray him with champagne after winning a tournament but I know you people will still call it misogyny and patriarchy again. grin
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by OlujobaSamuel: 3:56pm On Nov 27, 2023
Yes, there is nothing wrong with it.
Kindly learn about people, custom, culture, etc.
Where is it written that people should take a bow, salute, shake hands, place palm on chest, say sir/ma?
If na western custom, will you have the same mindset?
It's not everything about the African culture that is bad.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by SGCC: 3:56pm On Nov 27, 2023
Act of insubordination
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by Karleb(m): 3:58pm On Nov 27, 2023
ComeToJesus:
It shows the egoistic mindset of the trainer. Did she train her for free?

Me I no kuku want all that showy respect or honour.

Even Jesus came to serve and not to be served..

I talk am.

Jesus that they were washing his feet with expensive oil, cleaning it hair, a woman for that matter and bros J didn't say pimm? grin
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by Gboom: 4:00pm On Nov 27, 2023
Urheadmaster:
Yes.

It is necessary to kneel down while collecting your genuine certificate.

Unless you're a certificate forger like Bat that is when is not necessary tongue
So, when you collected ya school cert. you knelt down ba
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by Sharatan(m): 4:00pm On Nov 27, 2023
There’s a certain tribe in Nigeria that kneels at every given opportunity. It’s like fun to them.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by Tin07(m): 4:16pm On Nov 27, 2023
Very correct and right. The trainer deserves more than that.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by Expanse2020(m): 4:17pm On Nov 27, 2023
Karleb:

I talk am.

Jesus that they were washing his feet with expensive oil, cleaning it hair, a woman for that matter and bros J didn't say pimm? grin
😱😱😱🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
You madt ooo bro🤣🤣🤣 you just breeze the nyash of come to Jesus fowl like that
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by AbuAeesha: 4:20pm On Nov 27, 2023
when e reach ur turn,stand collect am!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yakubu Nataala Is Dead! Kogi Polytechnic Lecturer Slumps, Dies Over Non-Payment / Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars / Salary Earners: How Far Did Last Month Salary Take You This Month?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.