Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? (17201 Views)

How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. / Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong / Getting Angry At Work, Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by BRATISLAVA: 10:55pm On Nov 27, 2023
Is this a real topic?

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

What!
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by Joy2dworldxyz: 11:33pm On Nov 27, 2023
Have been trained with 2 different skills, photography and driving...... I never bothered about their certificate... I know I don't need them.....

Who skills acquisition certificate help?
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by oneman2k7: 2:44am On Nov 28, 2023
It is our culture, we are not oyinbo
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by BigIyanga: 3:42am On Nov 28, 2023
Nonsense. I dont support workers thanking bosses when their salaries/commissions are paid… they have earned it.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by AbuTwins: 6:29am On Nov 28, 2023
So it's only by kneeling or prostration that you can respect your elders? Even the Yorùbás would say "idọbalẹ kọniwa" Prostration isn't a measure of good character!

And yes, any part of our culture or traditions that goes against sound reason will be jettisoned!
There was a time twins were seen as evil in some cultures! Some even have the Osu caste system were some people are deemed inferior to others.

KingOfAmebo:

These once moral compass don lost.

It is very glaring that the above quoted people disrespect and disregard their elders at home, them done lost already...if you chose to have disregard for your culture, tradition and norm let others that are well brought up morally do it in peace.

Is she kneeling with your knees?

This is haram even if some Muslims still do it.

It is totally wrong!
Be respectful and courteous but no bending, bowing, prostration and kneeling!

All those positions are solely for the worship of Chukwu Okike Abiama!
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by KingOfAmebo(m): 9:24am On Nov 28, 2023
AbuTwins:
So it's only by kneeling or prostration that you can respect your elders? Even the Yorùbás would say "idọbalẹ kọniwa" Prostration isn't a measure of good character!

And yes, any part of our culture or traditions that goes against sound reason will be jettisoned!
There was a time twins were seen as evil in some cultures! Some even have the Osu caste system were some people are deemed inferior to others.

This is haram even if some Muslims still do it.

It is totally wrong!
Be respectful and courteous but no bending, bowing, prostration and kneeling!

All those positions are solely for the worship of Chukwu Okike Abiama!

So, since "idobale koniwa" you should not "dobale"...disrespectful people always look for escuses to justify their disrespect, all cultures have their way of greeting and are comfortable with it if you westernized ass licking Africans think otherwise then shame on you.

I am sure it is people like you that use cutlery to eat amala.

Show us where in the Quran it is haram.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by AbuTwins: 9:39am On Nov 28, 2023
KingOfAmebo:

So, since "idobale koniwa" you should not "dobale"...disrespectful people always look for escuses to justify their disrespect, all cultures have their way of greeting and are comfortable with it if you westernized ass licking Africans think otherwise then shame on you.
How does not prostrating to elders make you disrespectful? I do try to explain to those I can. I don't greet like that and my kids don't greet like that!
And it's not westernisation! It's simply reserving those postures for the worship of the supreme being!

I am sure it is people like you that use cutlery to eat amala.[/b] I eat Amala with my fingers 🤌. But there's nothing wrong with eating with a cutlery. All is of course wrong with eating with the left hand!

[quote]Show us where in the Quran it is haram.
The burden of proof should stem from you!

You should prove it that Muslims are permitted to kneel and prostrate first. Then I can hammer ⚒️ you!
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by KingOfAmebo(m): 12:47pm On Nov 28, 2023
AbuTwins:
How does not prostrating to elders make you disrespectful? I do try to explain to those I can. I don't greet like that and my kids don't greet like that!
And it's not westernisation! It's simply reserving those postures for the worship of the supreme being!

Obviously, you can't prove prostrating is haram but said it is haram without quoting any verse in the quran....you are truly confused.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by AbuTwins: 2:25pm On Nov 28, 2023
KingOfAmebo:

Obviously, you can't prove prostrating is haram but said it is haram without quoting any verse in the quran....you are truly confused.

Of course I can prove it. But of what use will the proof be to you?

And anyone who keeps asking for evidence only in the Qur'an from a Muslim is likely not to accept anything even if given an ocean of proof.

Proofs
The Companions of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) used to honour him and venerate him, and venerate his Sunnah. In the early days of Islam, when some of them saw that the People of the Book prostrated to their bishops and patriarchs, they thought that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) was more deserving of that, out of respect for him and veneration of him. But the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) forbade them to prostrate to him.

Ibn Maajah (1853) and al-Bayhaqi (14711) narrated that ‘Abdullah ibn Abi Awfa said: When Mu‘aadh ibn Jabal came from Syria, he prostrated to the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), who said, “What is this, O Mu‘aadh?” He said, I went to Syria and saw them prostrating to their archbishops and patriarchs, and I wanted to do that for you. The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said, “Do not do that. If I were to command anyone to prostrate to anyone other than Allah, I would have commanded women to prostrate to their husbands. By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, no woman can fulfil her duty towards Allah until she fulfils her duty towards her husband. If he asks her (for intimacy) even if she is on her camel saddle, she should not refuse.”

This version was narrated by Ibn Maajah, and was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah.

Abu Dawood (2140) and al-Haakim (2763) narrated that Qays ibn Sa‘d (may Allah be pleased with him) said: I went to al-Heerah and saw them prostrating to a noble of theirs (i.e., a courageous knight who was prominent among them). I thought: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) is more deserving that people should prostrate to him. So I came to the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) and said: I went to al-Heerah and saw them prostrating to a noble of theirs, but you are the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) and are more deserving that people should prostrate to you. He said: “Do not do that. If I were to instruct anyone to prostrate to anyone, I would have instructed women to prostrate to their husbands, because of the rights that Allah has given them over them.”

Classed as saheeh by al-Haakim, and adh-Dhahabi agreed with him. Also classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by lawani: 6:11pm On Nov 28, 2023
AbuTwins:

If you train under a Yoruba person who is much older than you then you will kneel down to collect your certificate
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by KingOfAmebo(m): 7:46pm On Nov 28, 2023
AbuTwins:

Of course I can prove it. But of what use will the proof be to you?

And anyone who keeps asking for evidence only in the Qur'an from a Muslim is likely not to accept anything even if given an ocean of proof.

Then Keep shut if you have NO proof.

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by AbuTwins: 7:59pm On Nov 28, 2023
lawani:

If you train under a Yoruba person who is much older than you then you will kneel down to collect your certificate

I would have established that I don't do that!

I no dey kneel, bow or prostrate!
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by lawani: 9:14pm On Nov 28, 2023
AbuTwins:

I would have established that I don't do that!

I no dey kneel, bow or prostrate!

The Yoruba master will not understand your point and will not even agree to train you.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by AbuTwins: 11:12pm On Nov 28, 2023
lawani:

The Yoruba master will not understand your point and will not even agree to train you.

No be by force to learn that job na! I will look for someone else who understands or learn another skill.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by lawani: 11:23pm On Nov 28, 2023
AbuTwins:

No be by force to learn that job na! I will look for someone else who understands or learn another skill.

Of course you will go and learn it in another place or pay for Oluwole certificate
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by AbuTwins: 5:12am On Nov 29, 2023
lawani:

Of course you will go and learn it in another place or pay for Oluwole certificate

This one way YouTube dey gidigba!
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by lawani: 5:17am On Nov 29, 2023
AbuTwins:

This one way YouTube dey gidigba!

In any real trade you will need a certificate signed by a Master
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by AbuTwins: 5:54am On Nov 29, 2023
lawani:

In any real trade you will need a certificate signed by a Master

That's not true!

Your skills and the quality of your output will judge you!
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by lawani: 9:40am On Nov 29, 2023
AbuTwins:

That's not true!

Your skills and the quality of your output will judge you!

If you learnt on your own it will not be Ethical to collect money from any client without being given the go ahead by a Master. I have learnt many things like that and I got published informally in several academic fields but without formal recognition by experts, you are still on one spot and in those fields I am on the same spot despite breaking new grounds. I hope you understand. If you learnt from somewhere and give credit to another then it is Oluwole certificate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yakubu Nataala Is Dead! Kogi Polytechnic Lecturer Slumps, Dies Over Non-Payment / Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars / Salary Earners: How Far Did Last Month Salary Take You This Month?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.