Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee (48410 Views)

The Legality Or Otherwise Of Landlord's Refusal To Refund Caution Fee. / Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! / Photos Of My Apartment After Renovation For Christmas -phoros (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee by Sammy5413(m): 5:01pm On Nov 27, 2023
Nwodosis:
It is still a win win for the Landlord. The Landlord will simply tell her to fix the apartment the way she met it and collect her caution fees. Na now she buy market that may take her to prison for malicious damage.
There is no way you will park into a house and the house will remain the same when you are parking out. What of the wear and tear on the house fittings like the doors, tiles, wardrobe, wall paints etc
Are they not damages? How do you quantity such damages?
lol where you go see her again? This writer be like you still new to matters like this.
After I don comot all my properties, you go inspect am say em dey okay. Oya refund my caution fee you say no. No Buras nah Shey na me go still give you key. I go smash things wey I like, leave ur house open go my way
Re: Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee by seanwilliam(m): 5:04pm On Nov 27, 2023
otipoju:

Remain one, go read the story of Jael and King Rabin for book of Judges chapter 4 and 5.

You go know sey to sleep for inside house where strange woman dey is serious gambling with your life.
please explain this
Re: Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee by Ahmed4002(m): 5:05pm On Nov 27, 2023
Bigchristo:
You wan Dey use abroad compare Nigeria? I have paid many caution fee when I was living In Nigeria landlords didn’t return any of these fees, they will never do it

Even the abroad, landlords are refusing to pay back .

My friend had to sue one last year.

1 Like

Re: Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee by Bigchristo: 5:06pm On Nov 27, 2023
Ahmed4002:

Even the abroad, landlords are refusing to pay back .

My friend had to sue one last year.

wahala 😂😂😂
Re: Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee by MrDoGood(m): 5:07pm On Nov 27, 2023
dominique:
She deserves to be arrested, is the caution fee worth the amount of damages she caused? How many months did she live there rent free? Tenants believe if they're given six months quit notice, they're free to live in the apartment rentfree till the duration elapses. How much did she stay without paying rent before finally moving out? The landlord must make sure she pays for every single damage caused, pay for the extra months she stayed then give her the caution fee. Insufferable people like these is why some of us are weary about building apartments for rent.

Did you read or heard where she said they gave her quit notice ?

her caution fee is 200k

Why not just refund her and let peace be. Most would want to scam you off that. After inspection, kindly return her money

1 Like

Re: Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee by MrDoGood(m): 5:08pm On Nov 27, 2023
Nwodosis:
It is still a win win for the Landlord. The Landlord will simply tell her to fix the apartment the way she met it and collect her caution fees. Na now she buy market that may take her to prison for malicious damage.
There is no way you will park into a house and the house will remain the same when you are parking out. What of the wear and tear on the house fittings like the doors, tiles, wardrobe, wall paints etc
Are they not damages? How do you quantity such damages?

Her fee is 200k
Re: Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee by IamAsiri: 5:08pm On Nov 27, 2023
Juliearth:

The caution fee is worth 200k.

Then the landlord deserved every bit of that evil he invited. Such an evil landlord!

1 Like

Re: Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee by IamAsiri: 5:12pm On Nov 27, 2023
yesloaded:
It's very bad of her to destroy the properties in the apartment, it would have been better she sue the landlord & ask for damages due to refusal to refund her caution fee

In 2011, an estate agent refused to refund my caution fee thinking that I will be intimidated due to the fact that landlord was then a member of house of assembly but I refused to be intimidated instead I asked those who knows the man to give me his number, I approached him myself & reported the estate agent to NPF. Today the estate agent is completely out of business not because of issue he had with me but he duped other people & they dealt with him badly.

That was in 2011🙄.
Re: Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee by LandOwners: 5:14pm On Nov 27, 2023
Sue this destructive lady and get her arrested immediately.
Re: Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee by otipoju(m): 5:19pm On Nov 27, 2023
seanwilliam:
please explain this

When a man is sleeping, he is extremely vulnerable because he is unaware of his surroundings. In many cases when boys carry girls from club or lounges and bring them to the house or hotels, they are usually drunk with alcohol and fall into deeper sleep.

A strange woman whom you do not know her character or what she is capable of can do just about anything to you and escape without you knowing or capable of doing anything.

Even if they catch her, the damage will have been done.

Never underestimate women....a lot of great and powerful men have fallen due to trusting them as harmless.

Those peeps can be cold hearted as men

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee by Thundafireseun: 5:22pm On Nov 27, 2023
Omoawoke:

You fit marry am?

yes ooo

You haven’t met some entirely useless landlords, especially those ones that stole money to build their houses they are very very nonchalant and carefree……

My plateau landlord in Abuja was a very slow poke
Re: Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee by DEMAGE(m): 5:26pm On Nov 27, 2023
Before the lady damage the house, she has consulted a lawyer. For the landlord, why will you collect caution fee and refused to returned it when everything thing is fine?
Re: Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee by CosmicDust: 5:28pm On Nov 27, 2023
Good for the landlord. You're only denied your caution fee if there are damages. If no damages,then it should be refunded. In a case where they don't want refund, then let there be damages.

1 Like

Re: Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee by Advancedman(m): 5:39pm On Nov 27, 2023
dominique:
She deserves to be arrested, is the caution fee worth the amount of damages she caused? How many months did she live there rent free? Tenants believe if they're given six months quit notice, they're free to live in the apartment rentfree till the duration elapses. How much did she stay without paying rent before finally moving out? The landlord must make sure she pays for every single damage caused, pay for the extra months she stayed then give her the caution fee. Insufferable people like these is why some of us are weary about building apartments for rent.

Why should the fool held on to the caution fee in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee by Jangbajantis: 5:49pm On Nov 27, 2023
nairalanda1:

Wow, so we should fear all women since they are daughters of Jezebel...including your mother, grandmother, sisters, female cousins, aunties, and in future, your daughters

Fear them evil daughters' of Jezebel, like your mother, and sisters, and all your female relatives...let's start from home...

By the way, better not marry a woman, since they are all evil. Marry a good looking man. Men won't betray you. And you can adopt baby boys, and bring them up to avoid them evul women....

Yes, so that means you married one of them women of Jezebel

Therefore, you are a hypocrite. A real hypocritical person. You won't follow your own advice.

By the way, I suggest you inform your wife that she is a daughter of Jezebel, and therefore evil. She would love to hear that.

Some of you just can't reason without getting emotional.

When they say "The heart of man is wicked" does that mean ALL men are wicked? Just take the message and stop catching unnecessary feelings.
Re: Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee by Toktee(m): 5:55pm On Nov 27, 2023
3ice9ce:

One Anambra man selling in Aspamda tried something similar in my elder brother's house ometime ago. I traced him to his new place and he was arrested in church on Sunday morning. He was picked and handcuffed in front of his wife and children. You should have seen how the guy was crying. I wrecked his reputation in front of his loved ones.
What she did is illegal and unfortunately for her, she will smell her asz in jail. There are many easy ways to nail the landlord, this is not one of it.
It's element like you and ur elder brother that makes people to resort in seeking revenge... You think you can behaved anyhow and get away with it cos you owned a house for rent?

Try that nonsense to me or anyone close to me and see Satan in human form.... I will make sure the whole structures goes down without suspecting me.
If you think you are wicked my own begins where you stopped.

1 Like

Re: Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee by Jangbajantis: 6:00pm On Nov 27, 2023
As for me, I have the right to reclaim costs incurred in repairs from the landlord before leaving the apartment. If he refused to reimburse me, I also have the right to damage them.

Just make a proper documentation of the condition of the apartment when you rented it.
Re: Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee by Penisman: 6:13pm On Nov 27, 2023
Until we hear from both sides....
Re: Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee by flexydote(m): 6:14pm On Nov 27, 2023
Omo make the landlord pay. They never refund caution fee.

My Bro locked up the landlords house because of this same issue and he said no one will rent the apartment till he gets his money.

And if he does anyhow, they will go to court

1 Like

Re: Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee by Greattha: 6:16pm On Nov 27, 2023
Exactly. I don't know why people like to be sentimental.

An agreement is an agreement.

Though the woman didn't need to destroy things.

Millimann:

I don't think this is true.
The landlord first breached the terms of the contract by refusing to refund her caution fee.
Re: Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee by Exceed15: 6:17pm On Nov 27, 2023
Millimann:

I don't think this is true.
The landlord first breached the terms of the contract by refusing to refund her caution fee.

Don't mind that stupid guy. D girl do her own e dey pain landlord

1 Like

Re: Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee by Exceed15: 6:18pm On Nov 27, 2023
dominique:

So the landlord who breached the agreement didn't commit anything abi... Go n sleep joor
Re: Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee by Omoawoke: 6:22pm On Nov 27, 2023
Thundafireseun:

yes ooo

You haven’t met some entirely useless landlords, especially those ones that stole money to build their houses they are very very nonchalant and carefree……

My plateau landlord in Abuja was a very slow poke

I had one crazy one like that. Seriously I wanted to destroy the house before leaving but it doesn’t worth it
Re: Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee by saveman91(m): 6:23pm On Nov 27, 2023
She must be arrested or fix the apartment b4 collecting her money
Re: Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee by Thundafireseun: 6:33pm On Nov 27, 2023
Omoawoke:

I had one crazy one like that. Seriously I wanted to destroy the house before leaving but it doesn’t worth it

You no get liver
Re: Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee by Omoawoke: 6:35pm On Nov 27, 2023
Thundafireseun:

You no get liver

Hahaha, bro, the woman na grandma but she was one hell of a mean wicked lady.

1 Like

Re: Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee by Thundafireseun: 6:40pm On Nov 27, 2023
Omoawoke:

Hahaha, bro, the woman na grandma but she was one hell of a mean wicked lady.

Women are mean marafuckers that’s why there are more landladies than landlords
Re: Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee by tsdarkside(m): 6:40pm On Nov 27, 2023
if its true that its a trend that landlords dont want to release caution fees,then she is justified....

he has something to repair now....

strong head jam strong head....

case closed....

1 Like

Re: Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee by tsdarkside(m): 6:46pm On Nov 27, 2023
Exceed15:

So the landlord who breached the agreement didn't commit anything abi... Go n sleep joor

noo....we shouldnt condemn her....we should side with her and send a strong message to those landlords....
dont break your word or else the caution fee you will not keep....

let workers have it....
he will have to repair the damages to rerent it anyways....

let them learn that longthroat is not good....
Re: Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee by Omoawoke: 6:48pm On Nov 27, 2023
Thundafireseun:

Women are mean marafuckers that’s why there are more landladies than landlords

They don use frustration kill their husbands

1 Like

Re: Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee by Thundafireseun: 6:49pm On Nov 27, 2023
Omoawoke:

They don use frustration kill their husbands

Yes ooo

Frustration plus any means necessary
Re: Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee by fydence: 6:53pm On Nov 27, 2023
Adext4sure:
The landlord should remove whatever expenditure and give her the rest.

No long cap. undecided
oh so the landlord could do a refund all the while but was waiting for violence first

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Checkout The First Storey Building In Nigeria / Cost Of Stone Coated Roofing Tile In Nigeria / Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.