Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,451 members, 7,836,793 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Is It True That The Igbo Have Not Been Allowed To Be President In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It True That The Igbo Have Not Been Allowed To Be President In Nigeria? (569 Views)

Wole Soyinka! Igbo Have Successfully Turned Entire Yoruba Race Against Self / Igbo have an established currency before the British Invasion / If Igbo’s Have Functional Sea Port In Igbo Land - Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It True That The Igbo Have Not Been Allowed To Be President In Nigeria? by zoedew: 9:06pm On Nov 27, 2023
Re: Is It True That The Igbo Have Not Been Allowed To Be President In Nigeria? by gidgiddy: 9:11pm On Nov 27, 2023
zoedew:
https://independent.ng/how-south-east-lost-the-chance-of-producing-nigerias-president-in-1979-amaechi/

About time we hear from respected Igbo Elders of this sort.

Is it true that those who have been allowed to be President are the same people who have messed up Nigeria and brought it to where it is today?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It True That The Igbo Have Not Been Allowed To Be President In Nigeria? by zoedew: 9:34pm On Nov 27, 2023
gidgiddy:

Is it true that those who have been allowed to be President are the same people who have messed up Nigeria and brought it to where it is today?
Sure. However, that is not the focus of this post.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That The Igbo Have Not Been Allowed To Be President In Nigeria? by budaatum: 9:48pm On Nov 27, 2023
"To get such a position, you have to plan, you have to strategize, you have to organize, you have to move, you have to mobilize and you don’t do it making noise, you do it quietly so that before people know what is happening, you have gone far. So, the best thing is come out with a surprise and that is the best strategy".

Chief Mbazulike Amaechi

Wise man.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That The Igbo Have Not Been Allowed To Be President In Nigeria? by Jostoman: 9:52pm On Nov 27, 2023
Ok
Re: Is It True That The Igbo Have Not Been Allowed To Be President In Nigeria? by Lightmykpoli: 10:54pm On Nov 27, 2023
The only Igbo I know is the one that I roll and smoke

1 Like

Re: Is It True That The Igbo Have Not Been Allowed To Be President In Nigeria? by zoedew: 12:48am On Nov 28, 2023
budaatum:

Wise man.

I think the Igbo should be looking at this! Seriously!!!
Re: Is It True That The Igbo Have Not Been Allowed To Be President In Nigeria? by budaatum: 1:29am On Nov 28, 2023
zoedew:

I think the Igbo should be looking at this! Seriously!!!

I think we all should be looking at this.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That The Igbo Have Not Been Allowed To Be President In Nigeria? by adamusuleiman1: 2:46am On Nov 28, 2023
Soludo gave excellent reasons in his November 14, 2022 open letter.

Snippets from the letter:

During the 2019 presidential election, the five South East States were united for PDP but contributed merely 1.6 million votes to PDP which was about the votes that Kano state gave to Buhari.

The emotions might run to heavens but politics-power is about cold calculations, organization and building alliances for power. In a democracy, it is a game of numbers. So far, I don’t see any of these--- and 2023 might again be a wasted opportunity for Ndigbo!

Our founding fathers understood that in politics, you don’t get what you deserve but what you bargain/negotiate, and you negotiate with your organization and VOTES. Not social media militancy or bullying (where over 90% of actual voters are not on social media)!

Our fathers built alliances with other major political parties in other regions (not with socio-cultural groups that don’t command any votes), and Ndigbo were in the reckoning in the first and second republics.

Under Tinubu, the South West strategically organized under a different political party, the ACN and went into a formidable alliance that kicked out a sitting president (in Africa?), and that alliance is not broken yet.

Igbos, in their frenzied Nzogbu nzogbu politics, have sadly found themselves in a political cul de sac. Tragic indeed! When will my people smell the morning coffee?

2 Likes

Re: Is It True That The Igbo Have Not Been Allowed To Be President In Nigeria? by haslaw(m): 6:00am On Nov 28, 2023
IIGB0S are too emotional to be able to do well in politics. Because politics need some cold and logical calculations devoid of emotions.

Bitterness, hatred, envy and insults will never win you the presidency.

3 Likes

Re: Is It True That The Igbo Have Not Been Allowed To Be President In Nigeria? by Kapeter(m): 6:36am On Nov 28, 2023
budaatum:

Wise man.

of course. Always tell it as it is

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It True That The Igbo Have Not Been Allowed To Be President In Nigeria? by zoedew: 6:43am On Nov 28, 2023
budaatum:

I think we all should be looking at this.
Power is not served a la carte. One must be properly positioned to take it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It True That The Igbo Have Not Been Allowed To Be President In Nigeria? by Akungitit: 6:50am On Nov 28, 2023
We will never allow an IPOB goat to be the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Never.
Re: Is It True That The Igbo Have Not Been Allowed To Be President In Nigeria? by Akungitit: 6:52am On Nov 28, 2023
gidgiddy:

Re: Is It True That The Igbo Have Not Been Allowed To Be President In Nigeria? by Akungitit: 6:53am On Nov 28, 2023
Is it true that Nigerians don't recognise IPOB goats as Nigerians?
Re: Is It True That The Igbo Have Not Been Allowed To Be President In Nigeria? by Akungitit: 6:53am On Nov 28, 2023
Nigerian presidency is not for IPOB monkeys.
Re: Is It True That The Igbo Have Not Been Allowed To Be President In Nigeria? by YorubaDemonswag: 8:05am On Nov 28, 2023
Lightmykpoli:
The only Igbo I know is the one that I roll and smoke

That's the original Igbo nowgrin
Re: Is It True That The Igbo Have Not Been Allowed To Be President In Nigeria? by Jokerman(m): 9:08am On Nov 28, 2023
People that don't want Igbos to be President are just afraid... Because a lot of things will be corrected in this country.

Either regional government or divide the country... So let's allow the status quo to remain... One Nigeria too sweet.... How would I as a politician be able to deceive the populace without one Nigeria 😬

1 Like

Re: Is It True That The Igbo Have Not Been Allowed To Be President In Nigeria? by orisa37: 9:27am On Nov 28, 2023
THE MAIN REASON WHY NIGERIA IS DELAYING THE ADOPTION OF FAPRES FOTCS AND CTC FOCS TRFG. THE SE, SS, SE, SC AND THE OHANAEZE SHOULD PRESS TO ADOPT FAPRES FOTCS AND CTC FOCS TRFG NOW.

(1) (Reply)

T hisGlobe.com Godwin Emefile Bumped aboutN10trillon Into The Economy / Edo 2024: Ighodalo Formally Declares For Governor, Reels Plans To Promote Edo’s / What They Want You To Believe You Need Vs What You Really Need (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.