Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,777 members, 7,817,201 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

What Do You Bring To The Table !! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do You Bring To The Table !! (11431 Views)

As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". / Women, What Do You Bring To The Table? - Men / What Do Women Bring To The Table? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by shagasha: 4:45pm On Nov 28, 2023
Complementary Roles

That's what the partners should bring to the table

1 Like

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by stevups(m): 4:46pm On Nov 28, 2023
Wisegeek01:
Here's the opinion you wont see anywhere on the internet . .. and you are hearing it for the first time
Sit tight !!

The phrase what are you brining to the table .. has grossly been misunderstood, some men that even ask the question don't even know why they are asking the question, while on the other hand some women fly into a fit of rage or keep dodging the question, why they are angry they don't even know, its just a psychological impulse,

first of all it is not mandatory for the lady to actually bring finance into the mix but it helps so that should not be the centre of the question, so the men asking and referring to finance really shouldn't do that, focus on what she is supposed to bring

.. its not her job to bring finance, so if you are referring to that you are asking the wrong contextual question, a lady actually has what she should bring to the table, but sadly not a lot of ladies have taken their time to sit down and think about the question, because the are always offended or defensive, its just a simple question, that you need to understand, its not you mdfkn job to bring finance, that is what the man should bring to the table,

what the lady brings to the table .. ranges from
great values
Emotional Intelligence
Attention to Detail
Organizational Skills
Nurture and Care
Empathy and Compassion
Collaborative Spirit
Multitasking Abilities
Intuition
Social Skills
Diplomacy
Support

when you list these features and tell the man you posses these traits
now it's your turn to ask him
what does he bring to the table
he should have most of these below
finance
protection
security
Leadership
Decision-Making Skills
Stability
Emotional Support
Problem-Solving Abilities
Initiative
Adaptability
Sense of Humor
Integrity
Shared Responsibilities

marriage or relationship is team effort, not competition
the next time i hear that question in the wrong context I fit flog person cool grin

Well done! You have to, especially that boy you gave birth to.
Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by Padipadi(m): 4:47pm On Nov 28, 2023
I brought the table naa!
What else do I bring?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by Kingson28: 4:48pm On Nov 28, 2023
[quote author=Reelmii post=127211720] grin and u think wen she stays home,, she will not still cheat if she wants to...

You can have cameras in your house, but you can’t have such access to her office.
Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by PrincessC11(f): 4:50pm On Nov 28, 2023
Wisegeek01:
Here's the opinion you wont see anywhere on the internet . .. and you are hearing it for the first time
Sit tight !!

The phrase what are you brining to the table .. has grossly been misunderstood, some men that even ask the question don't even know why they are asking the question, while on the other hand some women fly into a fit of rage or keep dodging the question, why they are angry they don't even know, its just a psychological impulse,

first of all it is not mandatory for the lady to actually bring finance into the mix but it helps so that should not be the centre of the question, so the men asking and referring to finance really shouldn't do that, focus on what she is supposed to bring

.. its not her job to bring finance, so if you are referring to that you are asking the wrong contextual question, a lady actually has what she should bring to the table, but sadly not a lot of ladies have taken their time to sit down and think about the question, because the are always offended or defensive, its just a simple question, that you need to understand, its not you mdfkn job to bring finance, that is what the man should bring to the table,

great values
Emotional Intelligence
Attention to Detail
Organizational Skills
Nurture and Care
Empathy and Compassion
Collaborative Spirit
Multitasking Abilities
Intuition
Social Skills
Diplomacy
Support

finance
protection
security
Leadership
Decision-Making Skills
Stability
Emotional Support
Initiative
Adaptability
Sense of Humor
Integrity
Shared Responsibilities

the next time i hear that question in the wrong context I fit flog person cool grin

Nice ☺️☺️☺️.
Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by luminouz(m): 4:53pm On Nov 28, 2023
WantsandMore:
What do you bring to the table is a modern term coined by blue pill men or beta men who've been traumatized by previous feminist & have vow to ask for equal share of responsibilities rather than learn from their mistakes. An Alpha male has no time to ask such a bombastic question as he's busy pro creating, seducing, protecting and providing.

What a simp you are!!!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 28, 2023
The spoon😂

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by PoliteActivist: 4:56pm On Nov 28, 2023
Redemption77:
Key our women breathe. You guys are indirectly encouraging these women into feminism but you don't know that yet.
In the days of our forefathers, they demand shi from their women, little or no wonder our mothers respected them and placed them on high regard.
A woman brings on those aforementioned to the table and you still expect her to regard you?
These days it's really hard to know who's now playing the main role and the supportive role. Spits sad sad!

NL men and men of nowadays don't care. All they think is how much MONEY are you bringing to help with the bills!

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by IjebuWarrior: 4:57pm On Nov 28, 2023
cheesy
Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by tundebasic(m): 4:59pm On Nov 28, 2023
This op is funny, and then saying you don't want to hear people make comments about what both parties have to bring to the table.

Whatever you wrote up there is mainly your opinion. There is no hard fact or square rule about how people lead their lives.

You are comparing intangible things to tangible things . Everything you listed up there that a woman should bring to the table, does not necessarily need to be between a man and his wife. All the things you listed for a woman to bring to the table are intangible.

Can you carry out successful business deals, or even be classed as humans with a purpose if you don't have those traits you listed for both the man and the woman?

You even wrote that a man should bring shared responsibility to the table.

Your colleagues, relatives, business associates, etc., cannot consistently give you money to take care of your family. Money is tangible!

So, when we ask a woman what she's bringing to the table, we are asking her to what extent does she want to contribute financially in the home.

Nobody made it a rule that men must be the sole provider in a home.

So, I'll say speak for yourself man.

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by Reelmii: 5:00pm On Nov 28, 2023
[quote author=Kingson28 post=127211829][/quote]it is only a stupid woman that will cheat inside her matrimonial home....ur wife can tell u she is going to the market to shop for the house...from there she go collect one round.....the list is long...

See there is no pattern to cheating,, a cheat will always find a way to cheat even if u put them inside cage.....just pray not to meet one....

Because they will cheat with a little errand like going to shoprite mall..or when she is going to make her hair....abi u wan dey follow her around

1 Like

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by Simeonjoe1: 5:02pm On Nov 28, 2023
creolehunt:
OP, may I respectfully say that you've written a well crafted bunkum. And I've anyways wondered why the issue of contributing to the finances of the home gets women triggered. Heck, what else do they need the money for?

How do you mean "it's not her priority" to contribute to the finances of her own family. Or it's not mandatory? That's why many men treat women like trash as they're seen as mere passengers. I'd understand if the woman doesnt work ,but if she does, there must be a need that her income solves in the home.

Also, all those you listed as what she can bring to the table are things 3ven a 10yr old child can conveniently bring to the table. So what gives?

If a woman doesnt want to contribute to the finances of the home, then let her be a full time housewife.

Op is 100% right. Forget all this feminism bullshit.
Even in western world the husband still contribute more to finances.
If you and your wife dey bring 50/50 then you're inviting problem especially if you're egotistic as a man.

Men are creatures that can give 100% without complaining, just massage their ego and let them be on top.

The finance is your full responsibility, anything she adds make sure e no equal or pass your own.

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by Freelancerr(m): 5:02pm On Nov 28, 2023
Some go say "they are the table'' 🤔🤔
If you are the table, sit alone then.

Nawa o
Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by PedoBear: 5:02pm On Nov 28, 2023
I don't need a working class woman

Just be submissive and smart , have brains and beauty

I can do the financial aspect, I'd like to take care of my woman whether employed or not

As for me I bring a lot of things to the table including my sardonic humor, my financial services, good career, esoteric books and movies etc.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by Entanglement: 5:05pm On Nov 28, 2023
Wisegeek01:
Sit tight !!

great values
Emotional Intelligence
Attention to Detail
Organizational Skills
Nurture and Care
Empathy and Compassion
Collaborative Spirit
Multitasking Abilities
Intuition
Social Skills
Diplomacy
Support

finance
protection
security
Leadership
Decision-Making Skills
Stability
Emotional Support
Initiative
Adaptability
Sense of Humor
Integrity
Shared Responsibilities

another finished man just go release from his cave undecided

All what you mentioned that a woman bring to the table are all bunches of useless stuff that won't benefit a man undecided

You just actually proven that a woman got nothing to bring to the table undecided

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by Chetas81(m): 5:06pm On Nov 28, 2023
Eleriburuku citizen see issues to generate traffic
Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by jubrilELsudan: 5:07pm On Nov 28, 2023
A
Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by Chetas81(m): 5:08pm On Nov 28, 2023
Wisegeek01:
Sit tight !!

great values
Emotional Intelligence
Attention to Detail
Organizational Skills
Nurture and Care
Empathy and Compassion
Collaborative Spirit
Multitasking Abilities
Intuition
Social Skills
Diplomacy
Support

finance
protection
security
Leadership
Decision-Making Skills
Stability
Emotional Support
Initiative
Adaptability
Sense of Humor
Integrity
Shared Responsibilities

SINGLE PARENTS WON'T HAVE LIMIT IN NIGERIA
Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by Simeonjoe1: 5:08pm On Nov 28, 2023
tundebasic:
This op is funny, and then saying you don't want to hear people make comments about what both parties have to bring to the table.

Whatever you wrote up there is mainly your opinion. There is not hard fact or square rule about how people lead there lives.

You are comparing intangible things to tangible things . Everything you listed up there that a woman should bring to the table, does not necessarily need to be between a man and his wife. All the things you listed for a woman to bring to the table are intangible.

Can you carry out successful business deals, or even be classed as humans with a purpose if you don't have those traits you listed for both the man and the woman?

You even wrote that a man should bring shared responsibility to the table.

Your colleagues, relatives, business associates, etc., cannot consistently give you money to take care of your family. Money is tangible!

So, when we ask a woman what she's bringing to the table, we are asking her to what extent does she want to contribute financially in the home.

Nobody made it a rule that men must be the sole provider in a home.

So, I'll say speak for yourself man.

Well maybe evolution of culture and societal values as a man nothing should concern you what your wife is financially bringing to the table atleast not much.
If she has all those qualities mention (that's her primary role) financial support is just secondary.

There's one thing everyman wants- a woman that can take care of the home, help raise responsible children, treat him as a lord and give him peace of mind. Money is least consideration.

Walahi if you get this kind wife you'll live long

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by WantsandMore: 5:10pm On Nov 28, 2023
luminouz:

What a simp you are!!!
lmao 🤣 send funds
Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by Showguyz: 5:10pm On Nov 28, 2023
spoon and plate
Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by Simeonjoe1: 5:12pm On Nov 28, 2023
PedoBear:

I can do the financial aspect, I'd like to take care of my woman whether employed or not

As for me I bring a lot of things to the table including my sardonic humor, my financial services, good career, esoteric books and movies etc.

Aswear na watin man just want be this.

I used to advocate for women financial inclusiveness in the marriage, but as I get older knowing how egostical a man can be omo I no want your money, even if you're working just invest the money on the kids future, you don't have to spend much on me...

Of the many things men appreciate women for, financial support is not a priority,
good looks, fertility, character and organization.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by tundebasic(m): 5:14pm On Nov 28, 2023
Simeonjoe1:

Well maybe evolution of culture and societal values as a man nothing should concern you what your wife is financially bringing to the table atleast not much.
If she has all those qualities mention (that's her primary role) financial support is just secondary.

There's one thing everyman wants- a woman that can take care of the home, help raise responsible children, treat him as a lord and give him peace of mind. Money is least consideration.

Walahi if you get this kind wife you'll live long
If the sole purpose of asking a woman "what are you bringing to the table" is as described by the op, then, there is no need to ask the question in the first place.

You can see all those attributes and traits by mere observation. So, why should the man ask the woman what she's bringing to the table when all he wants are intangible ?

I'm cooking in the kitchen, you asked me what I'm bringing to the table, I replied, "emotional intelligence."

Since you were expecting me to have emotional intelligence before going into the kitchen why ask me what I'm bringing to the table?
Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by yewit37486: 5:14pm On Nov 28, 2023
Dnet2:
The spoon😂

Nice sense of humor 😂😂 spoon + plate haha!
Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by ekerintee: 5:20pm On Nov 28, 2023
so what happens if the man is not financially strong like the woman, the woman will just fold her hands and will not support .You dont need to tell a resaponsible woman to help in little things.If there is a monthly bill of 500k , what stops the woman from voluntarily paying 50k.if a man earns very well to carry 100% of the bills, nothing is wrong if he carries it 100% but what i see now are bunch of women who dont care if the man is able to carry all d load, all they after is for the man to carry all even if he will steal or do rituals for them to live comfortably.There is no fast rule,every family is differnt.A man and woman shud support each other,there is nothing wrong if a woman decides on her own to be responsible for some aspect of the bills as a way of support.

Wisegeek01:
Sit tight !!

great values
Emotional Intelligence
Attention to Detail
Organizational Skills
Nurture and Care
Empathy and Compassion
Collaborative Spirit
Multitasking Abilities
Intuition
Social Skills
Diplomacy
Support

finance
protection
security
Leadership
Decision-Making Skills
Stability
Emotional Support
Initiative
Adaptability
Sense of Humor
Integrity
Shared Responsibilities

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by elonize(m): 5:21pm On Nov 28, 2023
I can only see that this matter was only brot by d current state of livelihood... Life don hard well well.its not d 1980's or 1991's.
Even Christmas now is hard.
So let' der b collaboration, to an extent.
Go n check those guys who buys everything down to maggi n salt,its a bitter tin for dem..
All this hustle hard bfor u marry,if u marry who understands u can scale tru in d marriage.
But if as a modern lady,u just want to give birth n chill.hungry go beat u n d children... Lessen d burden,tinz too hard.
Check all those ladies forming feminist, their marriages has crashed like plane.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by olorundipe9090: 5:22pm On Nov 28, 2023
I want Female s** mate jorr Ogun state
Ijebuode dm... make we relate
Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by obesse: 5:23pm On Nov 28, 2023
Another stupid one spotted!
Why you put finance as the man's responsibility? Why you no put am under woman own?
Everything wey you put under woman responsibilities, ehn, ordinary house-help or maid fit do all of them for the husband!!
Clito-currency wives only have their vaginas to bring to the table!
Shikenan!!!!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by UptownVibes(m): 5:26pm On Nov 28, 2023
The major things men wants ladies to bring to the table is Loyalty and support. These days they bring other men's children for you to train,and they will blackmail you emotionally till you become frustrated..

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by Aditkd(f): 5:27pm On Nov 28, 2023
Greetings Sir.
Hope your day went on well as planned?
The Esoteric books really caught my interest.
I have read a lot in the past and wish I could get assess to more currently going through the Master Key by L.W. De Laurence.
PedoBear:

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by tundebasic(m): 5:28pm On Nov 28, 2023
ekerintee:
so what happens if the man is not financially strong like the woman, the woman will just fold her hands and will not support .You dont need to tell a resaponsible woman to help in little things.If there is a monthly bill of 500k , what stops the woman from voluntarily paying 50k.if a man earns very well to carry 100% of the bills, nothing is wrong if he carries it 100% but what i see now are bunch of women who dont care if the man is able to carry all d load, all they after is for the man to carry all even if he will steal or do rituals for them to live comfortably.There is no fast rule,every family is differnt.A man and woman shud support each other,there is nothing wrong if a woman decides on her own to be responsible for some aspect of the bills as a way of support.

This is what I'm saying man. They turned relationship and marriage to something else.

In a nutshell, men should start committing suicide if they cannot meet up with the needs of their family even if they have wives that work and make good money. Whereas, the women are supposed to be there as helpmate.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Bring To The Table !! by Simeonjoe1: 5:28pm On Nov 28, 2023
ekerintee:

True, but note majority of women are not really like that, they are not created to cater for majority of finances. Even if she start doing at first she'll starts grumbling later, as an man you'll even feel less of yourself and uncomfortable when a woman start catering for majority of the responsibility no matter how learned you are.
Omo that's why I pray for conditions where a man can no longer meet his financial obligations due to economic hardship, even if it happens it shouldn't be for long..
This in particular had caused a lot of marital problems

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Causes Delay In Marriages? / Black British Girls Most Likely To Self Harm / Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.